• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Pokemon Energy / Road to the Pokemon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear_the_Lapras

Normal/Ice Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Upon reaching the Pokemon Center, Farran began to feel a little queasy. He rubbed his stomach uneasily. Perhaps it was just a passing thing… he looked over at Orion on his shoulders and found that he was sound asleep. Well, that's good, Farran thought. He did well in our last battle. Both he and Cael need to rest.

He looked up at the large glass doors and marveled that these Pokemon Centers were in every town and were able to support all Trainers and their Pokemon that arrived in need of shelter and health care. Taking a deep breath, he pushed open the doors and slipped inside. The lobby was empty, and no people in sight, so Farran was unsure what to do. After surveying the room for a few seconds, he ventured out a question. "Hello?" he called. "Is anyone here?"

"CHANSEY!"

"GYAAHH!!!" Out of nowhere, a pink Pokemon jumped out at Farran, causing him to scream and tumble backwards head over heels. Stunned, he lay there, eyes spinning. The Chansey ran towards him with a worried look on her face.

Shakily standing, Farran rubbed his head. In his surprise fall, he had bumped the back of his head on some of the chairs strewn around the lobby. Cracking his neck to ease the tension, he took a good look at the Chansey beside him. "Don't worry, I'm fine," he assured the Pokemon. "I was just a little surprised, is all." So this is a Chansey, he thought to himself. The Pokemon that all Pokemon Centers have… He quickly checked the egg and was relieved that it had been unharmed by his fall.

"What's all the commotion?" A woman with red hair and dressed in a nurse's uniform came in from another room, rubbing her eyes. Seeing Farran and the Chansey in the middle of some knocked-over chairs, she gasped and ran to them. "Are you all right? What happened?"

"It's all right," Farran said, waving his hand good-naturedly. "I thought there was no one around, so when this Chansey came out suddenly, I just got a little freaked."

The woman breathed a sigh of relief, and then smiled. "That's good to hear. I'm sorry if you thought the room was empty. I was working in my office, and I just sort of… dozed off." She gave a small laugh. "I'm Nurse Joy, the person who runs this Center. Anyway, you're a Trainer, aren't you? I see that you have a Pokemon egg with you. And… what happened to your Zigzagoon?"

"What?" At the mention of his Pokemon, Farran looked back at his friend who had been sleeping on his shoulders… and found that he had been knocked out by the accident. "Oh, whoops. Sorry, Orion." He took a Pokeball from his pocket at ordered him to return, then presented it along with his Rattata's Pokeball to Nurse Joy. "Uh, well, my Pokemon were in a couple of tough battles before we got here, and I was wondering if they could rest and recover at this Center."

With a smile, the nurse took the Pokeballs. "Of course they can rest here. It's what the Centers are supposed to do. I'll be back later, so why don't you rest in a room on the second floor?"

"Sounds good." Farran put his egg in his backpack, and was about to go when he clutched his stomach, grimacing in pain. Nurse Joy was about to leave, but stopped when she noticed Farran's discomfort. "Oh? What's wrong?"

"Urgh… my stomach's not feeling too well. I wonder if it was something I ate…"

"What did you eat?"

"Well, only an Oran Berry… but I was hungry, so…"

"That's the problem." Nurse Joy gave a look at Chansey, who nodded and rushed off to another room. "Berries are for Pokemon, not people. Of course you would get sick after eating one of them. I'll take care of your Pokemon, so Chansey will cure you. She's prepared a room for you, and the necessary treatment." At that, Chansey appeared, beckoning to Farran. A little nauseous, he followed her into a nice looking room.

"Alright… so what's the treatment?" Chansey motioned him to lie on the bed. After he was settled, Chansey cheerfully whipped out something from a tray. Farran's eyes widened as he saw what it was. It was a large syringe.

"What a sec… what are you going to do with that…!"

Chansey merely gave a big grin in response. Farran had no escape.

"Oh my G-GAAAHHHH!!!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

After a few minutes it was over. Chansey left the room looking quite pleased, and Farran lay curled up on the bed, shaking in fright.

"I'm never eating Berries again…"

But at least he felt… better. If you could say that. Looking up at the window of the room, Farran noticed that it was dark out already. "Hm… so much for exploring the city. I'll just get some rest then." Turning over, he was about to close his eyes when he noticed the Pokemon egg sticking out of his bag. A thought came to him about warming up eggs, and he promptly got out of the bed and held up the egg. To his amazement, it was very warm and he could feel movements inside. It must be almost ready to hatch! He thought in anticipation.

A large howl rent the air. Farran whipped his head to the window just in time to see a large, flying shadow shoot past the light of the full moon. It seemed to sparkle with light, and in a flash, it was gone, heading east. Farran was awestruck. What the heck was that? he thought. Some kind of monster?

His thoughts were interrupted by a brilliant light that emanated from his arms. The egg he was holding was emitting a tremendous glow. It was hatching! He put the egg on the ground and backed a safe distance away from the glowing egg. In a few seconds, it lost its form and became more humanoid. The light dissipated, and small creature was left. It looked around at its surroundings, then focused its gaze on Farran. Its mouth cracked into a smile. "Tyrogue!" It said happily.

Farran stared at the new Pokemon. So, a Tyrogue, huh? If I remember, it's a Fighting type. Before he could think anymore, the Tyrogue gleefully jumped at him… and misjudged its jump and missed him entirely, crashing into the wall next to Farran. It sat up, rubbing its head.

Farran could only look at the Pokemon incredulously. "Great, another klutz,"he muttered with a sigh. Still, it was his Pokemon, and he couldn't help but smile at the Tyrogue's childishness. "Hey, Tyrogue!" At the mention of its name, Tyrogue stood up and faced Farran expectantly. "Hm… a Fighting Pokemon…" Farran wondered aloud. "Well, I have Normal Pokemon now. I'm going to have trouble with Rock types and such… if I recall, Fighting Pokemon are good against those types."

At the mention of the word "Fight," Tyrogue's eyes lit up, and it started to practice punches and fighting stances. Seeing its reaction, Farran grinned. "You wanna fight already, huh?" Tyrogue nodded fervently. "Well, I have some energy left. Might as well get it all out… I'll be your first opponent! Get ready!" With a playful snarl, Farran leapt to face Tyrogue, who readily turned, eager to test its strength. Farran had no idea why he was doing this, but he felt kind of giddy and energetic. It must be the "treatment," Farran thought. Well, whatever. He cracked his knuckles and yelled, "COME ON!!"

It was over in seconds. Farran had been trained in the martial arts, but a Fighting Pokemon, even a newly born one, was too strong for a human. But did that faze him?

"RAAGH!!" Farran sprang up from the floor with a roar. "Hah! I must train my spirit! Meditation is the answer!" He quickly sat down and closed his eyes. He opened one and glared at his new Tyrogue, who was looking a little bewildered. "You too! Come and train your spirit!"

"Tyrogue!" It too sat next to Farran and closed its eyes. Farran didn't know why, but he felt like he had to be focused for tomorrow. He and his new Pokemon sat in the room and focused their spirits, until Nurse Joy checked on the room and found them both dozing, awaiting the next day.

END OF DAY 5

Last edited:

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
    Years
    Nicky limped quickly into the Pokemon Centre. Fred had to literally stand in front of Nicky to stop him. He had a confused look on his face.
    "Whats the matter? You seem worried about something," Fred said.
    "Its Mankey! Look he fainted!" Nicky said still worried and trying to get past Fred. But Fred continued to get his way.
    "Well that's what pokemon do when they've been beaten by another pokemon. Theres nothing wrong with Mankey. He was beaten by that Metapod of yours." Nicky stopped and looked down at Mankey in his arms.
    "Really?" he said looking to Fred.
    "Yes! Didn't you know that?"
    "No it was my first battle. Both the wild pokemon I've come across I've caught. Mankey and Caterpie." Nicky replied sadly.
    "Wow! That's awesome! I wish I could have a perfect record like that!"
    "Yeh but Im a rubbish trainer," Nicky said looking down at the fainted Mankey in his arms.
    "We learn from our mistakes Nicky," Fred said putting a hand on Nickys shoulder and smiling, "Didn't you realise that that's what happened to my Spearow?"
    "Not at the time. I guess I just thought of the worst in the heat of the moment," Nicky said looking to Fred.
    "Oh. Well don't. There's a reason this place we're in exists for pokemon. They heal pokemon with all sorts of conditions back to full health." Fred explained to Nicky. They went to the main desk and Nurse Joy once again recognised Nicky.
    "Oh back so soon? What seems to be the problem with this Mankey? Is it yours?" Nurse Joy asked many questions that needed answering. Nicky returned Mankey to its poke ball and Nurse Joy questions were answered all at once. "Very well. I'll heal them up in no time," Nurse Joy said smiling. Nicky managed a smile back. Even though his Mankey and Freds Spearow would be alright. Mankey would still be a problem. He remembered what Steve the referee said about Mankeys' anger. He knew he wanted Mankey to get in line, but to do so was going to be tougher. Suddenly his Dads words rang through his head again and his spirits were lifted almost instantly. Fred gave Nurse Joy his poke balls and sat down on a seat while he waited.

Nicky joined him still limping. Nurse Joy saw Nicky limping instantly and rushed over to Nicky. She saw the state of his legs and gasped.
    "Why didn't you say anything?" Nurse Joy said worried.
    "I wanted my pokemon to be ok first," Nicky replied.
    "Well they wont be ok if that is to be left like that and get infected and such. They wont want to see their friend in such a state!" Nurse Joy grabbed Nicky by his arm and dragged him behind her desk. She pulled him into doors that he never noticed before and he entered a huge white room. There were pokemon everywhere. All different types in glass cases and on comfortable beds. All looking very ill. She sat him down on a chair and rushed off. She came back with a case. She opened it and inside was all sorts of first aid for humans. There was a huge box of plasters, bandages and stitches. Nurse Joy rummaged around in the case and pulled out a bottle of Iodine.
    "This is going to sting," she said as she poured some out onto a clean cloth, "And for future. All Nurse Joys are also trained nurses for humans as well as pokemon."
    "I'll keep that mind next time," Nicky said smiling then grimaced as the liquid seeped into his wounds cleaning out all the bacteria that may have entered. "Whats wrong with all these pokemon," he asked still noticing ill pokemon he hadn't yet spotted.
    "All of these pokemon need more care than just a basic heal up. Some of them are wild but most of them are other peoples pokemon. Badly poisoned, paralysed, concussed or just plain sick."
    "I see," Nicky said still looking. Nurse Joy started to bandage up his legs, wrapping them up. She then grabbed a plaster and used it to keep the bandage in place.
    "So what did happen? You seemed pretty worried about your fainted Mankey."
    "I didn't realise he had fainted. Caught up in the moment I guess," Nicky said still thinking about what had happened.
    "Moment? You mean your Mankey did this to you?"
    "Yeah. He got really angry on that guys Spearow and nearly really hurt it. I intervened and ended up getting my legs clawed to pieces. Metapod sorted it out in the end though." Nicky thought to the moment when Metapod slammed into Mankey with such authority. Nicky smiled.

"Now about your Metapod," Nurse Joy said changing the subject, Nicky knew where this was going, "it's not its usual green colour. Its not affected Metapod in anyway its just its orange." Nicky looked at Nurse Joy confused.
    "I thought you were the expert on pokemon. You seem to be asking ME why Metapod is like that"
    "No I am. Its just either your Metapod is naturally that way. On the other hand there have been cases in which pokemon have abnormal colour because of forced evolution. There all done!!" Nurse Joy said quickly not giving Nicky of any indication she had finished. Nicky looked surprised at how fast and painless it was. Nicky stood up and wobbled a bit as his legs still hurt. Nicky quickly went back to the Metapod subject.
    "Well Caterpie did seem to force itself into evolution to protect itself." Nicky said thinking back to Caterpies evolution.
    "Either way you shall find out when Metapod evolves again. If the Butterfree is a different colour to that of common Butterfree then it is natural. If it is normal then you can be pretty sure that it was a forced evolution," Nurse Joy explained. Nicky smiled at Nurse Joy.

"Thank you Nurse Joy! I really appreciate everything you've done for me and my pokemon," Nicky said gratefully. He limped out back into the main hall and Nurse Joy followed.
    "No problem Nicky! But Id expect to see you here again tonight," Nurse Joy said, "Its going to be busy here tonight!"
    Nicky turned to face her again. "Whys that?" Nicky asked.
    "Havent you heard? Those Dark Trainers have closed off the road towards Pewter City."
    "What?!?! Why?!?!" Nicky said with a tone of annoyance in his voice.
    "We have no idea yet. But we have good people working on it!" Nurse Joy said bringing out three poke balls, "Here you go! Your pokemon are all well again." Nurse Joy smiled and Nicky smiled back as he hooked his poke balls to his belt again.
    "Thanks for the help and info Nurse Joy," Nicky said, quickly limping up to Fred.
    "Hey um thanks for the brief battle. Im sorry it turned out the way it did," Nicky said guiltily.
    "Don't worry about it. Spearow is fine thanks to you. Im assuming your going to talk to Mankey now. You want me to come with you?"
    "No its alright. Id rather be on my own when dealing with him. But thanks anyway. It was good meeting you Fred," Nicky said holding his hand out. Fred smiled and shook Nicky's hand.
    "And you Nicky. I hope you have a good journey." Nicky walked off and waved to Fred before walking out into the bright sunshine again.

Viridian City was busier now and there was a strong air of worry as people rushed around with a strong purpose. Nicky guessed it was to do with those Dark Trainers. He found himself sneering at the thought with his top lip trembling with anger. He walked off back towards the road which he used to enter Viridian City. He just wanted to be out of the city and in a quiet place where he could confront and train his Mankey. He came to a place which he thought was perfect. He un-hooked Mankey's poke ball and released Mankey. Mankey appeared in front of him. Mankey took a look at Nicky and instantly lowered its head.
    "Hey Mankey," Nicky said quietly, "How're you now?" Mankey didn't lift its head to look at Nicky. It kicked at the floor.
    "Im ok now. But those claws sure did hurt when you were using Fury Swipes on me." Mankey briefly looked at Nicky for a second then quickly lowered its head again when Mankey saw Nicky look at it.
    "You gotta face the music here buddy! You lost control of your anger! And so did I! We gotta work on it!" Nicky said sternly. Mankey looked again at Nicky but didn't lower its head this time.
    "Ok that's good! That's the first step right there! You know that?" Nicky said happily. Mankey seemed to brighten up a bit.
    "Now. Your anger is something that can be powerful but its also dangerous. You need to use it in the right way. You MUST control it. I will help you to control it but it will mostly be your doing. Do you understand?"
    Mankey nodded its head sternly in reply to Nickys words. Nicky could tell Mankey was determined but couldn't help but think that it wouldn't be as easy as a simple head nod. Nicky smiled all the same at Mankey.

Suddenly a Nidoran female appeared from the brush behind Nicky. Nicky grinned and had an idea.
    "Ok Mankey lets start right now!" Nicky said motioning to the Nidoran. Mankey sternly nodded its head once. Mankey called out to the Nidoran for a battle. The Nidoran started to kick dust up from the ground.
    "Ok Mankey use Screech!" Nicky told Mankey. Mankey made the loud piercing noise from before and started to charge at Nidoran with a Karate Chop.
    "Hey come on now Mankey! I didn't say to use that!" Nicky said annoyed.
    The Nidoran concentrated on Mankey rather than the noise and dodged the attack from Mankey. The Nidoran then retaliated with a quick Horn Attack that sent Mankey flying back. Nicky could see that Mankeys anger was on the verge of breaking already.
    "Control it Mankey! Now use Focus Energy!"
    Mankey shook its head and started to store energy. The Nidoran charged for Mankey.
    "Keep storing Mankey! Find that spot! When you do, use Karate Chop!!" Nicky said holding his nerve.
    The Nidoran got closer and closer. The Nidoran threw itself forward going for another Horn Attack. As the Nidoran was about to hit, Mankey quickly moved out of the way and whacked the Nidoran with a Karate Chop to its side. The Nidoran hit the ground hard and writhed in agony.
    "Now use Fury Swipes!"
    Mankey started swiping at Nidoran all of them connecting hard. Mankey still had its eye on the Nidorans weak spot and was exploiting it, hitting it each time. The Nidoran was down for the count after a while
    "Ok good! Nice one Mankey!" Nicky said loudly and smiling. Mankey stopped and seemed to do a little happy dance in celebration. "Ok return Mankey!" Nicky returned Mankey to its poke ball.
    Nicky saw the little female Nidoran was injured and he felt bad to just leave it. He didn't want to catch it either. So he found a tree full of Oran berries. He picked ten berries and fed two to the Nidoran. The Nidoran seemed to perk up a bit more. It was grateful to Nicky.
    "I'll leave the rest here for you ok?" Nicky said leaving the other eight berries. The Nidoran nodded and nibbled on the berries itself. Nicky smiled and walked off back to Viridian City.

Nicky got back into the city and decided to look for the Viridian City Gym. After a while of looking he managed to find it. He walked up the huge steps leading to the gym and entered through the huge doors. There in front of him was an arena like he'd seen on the TV. Only this was right in front of him. There was a person who stood up when they saw Nicky enter. The person walked forward and Nicky could see it was a man.
    "Come forward my friend. Are you a trainer?" the man said.
    "I am. Im new though. So I don't know quite what to do," Nicky replied.
    "Ahh! Well, I too am new here. I am the Gym Leader here. Name's Nathan."
    "Um ok nice to meet you. I'm Nicky!! Well I don't really know what to say. But I would like one of your badges."
    "Well then you will need to battle me. Once you have beaten me you will then receive one of my official pokemon league badges," Nathan said smiling.
    "Well Im ready to battle!!" Nicky said suddenly perking up, "I hope your ready!!"
    Nathan smiled staying relaxed.
    "I hope that YOU are ready my friend!" Nathan said with two poke balls ready in his hands, "A two on two pokemon battle for one of my badges!"
    Nicky unhooked two poke balls from his belt leaving one on his belt.
    "Then lets get this on!" Nicky said throwing his poke balls into the air. Bright lights flashed as Metapod and Magikarp appeared on the arena floor. Magikarp flopped around happily. Metapod instantly used harden when it saw Magikarp. Nicky could see it was going to be hard. But there was a way. Nathan looked at Magikarp and Metapod confused at Nickys choice of pokemon.
    "Ok guys! We got ourselves a tough Gym Leader to beat!" Nicky said clenching his fist. Metapod and Magikarp both looked towards Nathan lowering their eyes ready for anything. Nathan shrugged and threw his two poke balls into the air. In two bright flashing lights a Tauros appeared and a Miltank.
    Nicky suddenly had a lump in his throat. He managed to swallow it and threw doubt from his mind. He saw Magikarp and Metapod hadn't changed their stance and smiled at their toughness.
    "You can go first Nicky," Nathan said shouting over to Nicky.
    "Ok! Metapod String Shot on Miltank! Magikarp get ready for anything!!"
    Metapod used String Shot on Miltank binding it, limiting its movement.
    "Miltank try and break out of there! Tauros use Body Slam on Magikarp!" Nathan said pointing at Magikarp. Tauros charged at Magikarp and leapt into the air.
    "Magikarp Tackle on Tauros! Metapod make sure that Miltank cant break free!!"
    Magikarp leapt into the air and Tauros missed Magikarp landing on the ground. Magikarp came down and slammed down onto Tauros. The Tauros made a slight grunting noise as Magikarp landed but it got up almost immediately. Nicky grimaced at the fact Tauros got up straight away. Metapod continued to use String Shot.
    "Your Metapod's String Shot is strong! Keep trying to break out Miltank!! Tauros use Giga Impact on Magikarp!! Lets finish this!!"
    Tauros started to scrape at the ground, kicking up dust.
    "Magikarp get ready for a hard blow. Metapod that's enough!!" Nicky said as Metapod stopped using String Shot. The Miltank was still trying to break out but the string was not breaking yet. Tauros started to charge towards Magikarp. Its horns started to glow and it was getting faster each time.
    "Metapod use String Shot on Tauros' legs!!"
    Nathan grimaced this time and knew that once Tauros got going it couldn't stop until it hit something.
    "Watch it Tauros!!" Nathan shouted. Tauros continued to charge towards Magikarp. Metapod quickly used String Shot on Tauros' legs. The Tauros slammed down to the ground hard as the string tightened around its legs restricting its movement.
    "Nice one Metapod!!" Nicky yelled in celebration. All of a sudden Miltank finally broke free of the string that bound it.
    "Yes Miltank!! Now use Body Slam on Metapod!! Tauros!! Now YOU try to break free!! You cant do anything with your legs tied up like that!!"
    Miltank started to charge towards Metapod and jumped into the air.
    "Metapod! Harden!" Nicky barked out at Metapod. Metapod used harden with his skin making a silvery gleam. Miltank slammed down on top of Metapod with its stomach. The Miltank instantly reacted as it landed on the hard Metapod. It stood up quickly rubbing its stomach.
    "Magikarp use Tackle on Tauros again with all your weight!!"
    Magikarp leapt up and slammed down onto the immobile Tauros again. The Tauros didn't like this and it ripped the string binding its legs and got up.
    "Ok! Tauros! Physical attacks aren't working so well!! Use Fire Blast on Metapod!! Finish it this time!!!!" Nathan shouted.
    Tauros' mouth started flaming and Nicky tried to think of something. He clicked his fingers when something came to mind.
    "Magikarp protect Metapod!! Take the hit!!"
    Tauros shot a huge flaming blast towards Metapod. Magikarp splashed and leapt into the air taking the hit. Metapod was surprised when Magikarp took the hit. Magikarp fell to the ground when the fire disappeared. Magikarp didn't move or splash.
    "Oh no! Magikarp!!" Nicky shouted worriedly. Suddenly Magikarp started to splash weakly.
    "Damn! Another one Tauros!! Miltank use Brick Break on Magikarp!!"
    Miltank threw its arm forward and slammed its fist into Magikarp, sending it flying. Tauros shot another Fire Blast towards Metapod.
    "MAGIKARP!!! Metapod quick use Harden!!"
    Magikarp was down and out. Metapod used Harden and the Fire Blast hit it big time.
    "Metapod!!" Nicky shouted as Metapod fell back and fainted, "Damn!!"
    Nicky ran upto to his pokemon to check if they were ok. "You guys ok? You did good!!"
    "That was a good battle! I thought it would be easy but you proved me wrong!" Nathan said as he returned both of his pokemon back to their poke balls. "You've got some good skills!!"

(ooc: sorry if its a bit rubbish or dont make sense or whatever lol
    i didnt finish it as I didnt know whether you (mike) were gonna allow my pokemon to evolve lol :P if not then Ill just finish the day there and try again for the gym the next day :D)

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    DAY 6 HAS BEGUN!!

If i did not review your post it was because I don't have time to do too many individual reviews. But your posts are all fine unless I otherwise mention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Children and Pokemon alike! Tomorrow is the big day for the Mt. Moon tournament!
    Crowds are already gathering to see the top trainers from nearby cities battle it out. The only two Competitors to have signed up so far are ANT and GAV. But we expect many more trainers are on their way.
    We have received word from Brock that the way to Mt. Moon from Pewter City has finally cleared! So head on down to the magnificent Moon Stadium to see the best battling outside Indigo Plateau!
    (Said really fast): 15% of profits go towards helping preserve clefairy and other Mt. Moon pokemon and their habitats.
    See you tomorrow fans!!" - TV Advert - Announcer.

Day 6 summary - Just give it a read, okay?

Viridian City - At 12 mid day a bus will arrive to take trainers to their destination of Mt. Moon. The bus will take until 6PM to arrive at its final destination! The 1 badge requirement to get on the bus has been removed.

Pewter trainers - Head to Mount Moon! I want to see two long-ish posts about your travels uphill, up towards the mountain.

Pokemon you may encounter whilst travelling to MT MOON:
    Jigglypuff, Pidgey, Spearow, Tailow, Meowth, Sandshrew, Geodude, Nidoran(M and F), Oddish, Ekans, Bellsprout, Caterpie, Weedle, And in some rare cases: Seviper(please ask before encountering it)

when you arrive you will see:

A Massive circular stadium. Many many people outside! Trainers and fans. Festival stands, lots of different food places that are FREE if you have a gym badge. As well as lots of pokemon food stalls. Busy crowds and lots of friendly faces. Battles going on. Pokemon trades. People showing off gym badges. A fair ground with lots of rides. Pokemon battling areas (mini battling parks) Pokemon spa areas. Pokemon egg incubator rooms. And a Help Zone!

Help Zone - At the help zone there are pokemon teachers here to help you learn more about your pokemon. Just show them your pokemon and they'll examine it for you.

And much more! Think things up for yourself!

Security guards at the doorways to the stadium. You may only enter if you have a gym badge, or a 'Competitors Pass'

Inside, massive white walled halls, glass too. Void of all life other than a few pokemon, their trainers who are registering. And a registration desk with Nurse Joy at the desk. With many chansey running around helping her. She will take your pokemon and your pokedex for 5 minutes, register you and them into the database and check for and 'Flags'.

You must register 3 pokemon for the tournament and choose 1 pokemon for the first round.
    You must tell nurse joy your choice of pokemon for the first round (but dont tell anyone in your post, just whisper it to her and PM me with your choice)
    Choose wiseley, type match-ups can effect your outcome!!

If you come out clean (e.g. not a dark trainer) she will give you a wrist band and a key card. The key card can be used to access any competitors quarters and the wristband is used to show guards. You will have a hotel room.

You can spend your time reading up on the registered Competitors on THIS LIST (It will be updated and possibly moved near the gym leader info. All rounds will be done in day 7. So it'll be a busy day!!)

FIRST ROUND ENTRIES

ANT:
    Ivysaur
    Pikachu
    Charizard

GAV:
    Flareon - Iggy
    Pidgeotto - Jot
    Wartortle - Zooka

More to be added. Any questions just give me a shout.
    Just one more day until tournament time.
    You better be prepared and trained ready.

Until then:

Good Luck!
    DAY 6 GO!
    (Also; for those of you who dont want to participate in the tournament, but would like to come watch. You can get the bus and attend some matches if you want. And enjoy the funfair and all that :D )

MIJAAN DAY 6:

Mij woke up to see umbreon asleep on his legs. 'Poor thing, I guess he's tired out.' He thought as he returned him to his pokeball. As he climbed to his feet, Mij realised that nobody else was awake. 'I want to train on my way to the tournament. I can't let anyone see the things we learn. Best if we head off sooner rather than later I suppose, that way we'll gain the upper hand with suprises! That's if we come up against anyone here...'

Grinning to himself he sneakily packed up his stuff and crept away from the camp site. "Phew!" Wiping his forehead as he got onto the road towards Mt. Moon. It was another hot day. Of course, the sunnier the better for walking!
    Mij happily head off down the road for a good ten minutes, hearing pidgey and other bird pokemon flying above and around him. He realised that he had no flying pokemon whatsoever. Perhaps today would be an interesting time to capture a flying type pokemon and gain the upper hand. He released king from his pokeball and crouched down to talk to him.
    "If one of those bird pokemon get close, you let me know!" Mij said as he picked up his purple friend. He placed the nidoran on his shoulder and it grunted happily at him. As it watched the flying pokemon above him, Mijaan continued to talk to him. "We havent spent much time together recently have we king?"
    "Nido.." Kings response had a sad tone to it.
    "Hey now! It's a sunny day, we're off to a tournament so, let's go find someone to train against eh!?" Mijaan grinned as King happily responded with a swift nod.

He sighed as he looked into the sky and continued to walk on. 'I wonder who that old man in that helicopter was?' He thought. 'And that giant flying pokemon?'
    He'd been walking for ten minutes before he saw a group of people in the distance. King was ignoring the flying pokemon above him and was singing a little tune, by simply repeating his name in a melody.

Mij decided to get closer and began to ran, with that he realised that what he could see was actually a Pokemon battle. As he stopped he reached for his Pokedex but King was already holding it in his mouth. Smiling mij took the dex from his happy purple companion and scanned the two pokemon clashing with eachother.
    Two fighting pokemon were punching at eachother. One bearing four arms was using its overwhelming strength to overcome the boxing-style fighting of the other pokemon.
    "Hitmonchan and Machamp eh?" Mij's eyes widened as the Machamp used all its strength to stop both of Hitmonchan's fists with two of its arms, and countered using his other arms to punch it in the stomach. Hitmonchan fell to its knee's, apparently wounded... but then quickly responded by jumping and taking machamp into the air with an enormous uppercut. Smashing Machamp's chin and sending it flying off into the blue sky and causing it to come crashing to the ground in terrible pain. It eventually climbed back to its feet, slowly. And lashed out at Hitmonchan who dodged backwards.

"Machamp!" The four armed pokemon's trainer was not concerned, he was simply commanding his pokemon. "Seismic toss!"
    "Mega Punch!" Hitmonchan's trainer called out and as the two pokemon ran at eachother, Hitmonchan, with its left arm launched a vicious punch at the massive fighting pokemon, who simply blocked it with its right arm and used its upper left arm to take hold of Hitmonchans forearm, Machamp leaped into the air. Machamp took hitmonchan with it, who looked worried for its own well being.

"Woah!" Mij and King were amazed at the sight of these two powerful fighting pokemon clashing. King studied the fight hard and watched as Machamp turned in the air and threw his opponent into the ground with unstoppable force. As it hit the ground, an enormous dust cloud shot up into the air and hitmonchan was hidden. Machamp was falling to the ground when suddenly, out of nowhere, Hitmonchan appeared and with intense speed struck Machamp's torso with an amazing sky uppercut. Machamp used all four arms to grab hold of Hitmonchan but it was powerless after the attack and could do nothing but release him. Hitmonchan landed beside the injured Machamp the clear victor. The two trainers shook hands and returned their pokemon. They walked off together towards mount moon.

"I hope we don't have to face trainers of that calibre at-" Mij began to speak quietly to his Nidoran, but then he overheard the two trainers talking to eachother as they walked off.
    "So, do you think you'll win?" Machamp's trainer questioned as he was walking.
    "I'm so gonna win that tournament!" Said Hitmonchan's trainer.

Mijaan gulped and looked at king. Both of them stared on as the trainers walked off into the distance.

"Not good..." Mijaan said, awestruck.

King quietly responded with an agreeing; "...Niidoh..."

Last edited:
    Years
    The next day Shelby woke up surrounded by a group of people. She carefully pushed herself up from her sleeping bag and glanced around. A quick look told her that Mijaan had disappeared sometime in the night. She frowned, dang it…and here I wanted to be the first one off. She rolled her bag up and then scampered off towards Mt. Moon and the competition. Shelby grabbed Quilava's pokeball in her hand and basically stared at it as she walked. Then she grabbed a potion and released the tired out Pokémon. Quilava looked up at here and said his name softly.

"Here you go, buddy," Shelby muttered. She crouched down and sprayed the potion on Quilava. As usual, he didn't put up a big fuss. Shelby noticed that after he had the potion, he looked quite a bit better and seemed fit to cover at least the distance to Mt. Moon. Then Shelby stood up and recalled Quilava, not wanting to tire him out again by making him walk the rest of the distance, no matter how much he might want to travel in the fresh air.

She walked along the pathway in silence, but soon grew tired of it. A grin appeared on her face as she suddenly plopped down and brought Eevee's pokeball out. She tossed it and the small Pokémon popped out, looking around slightly cautiously. Shelby held out her hand to the baby, but Eevee basically sprang at her and curled up on her lap. Shelby chuckled and then picked the Pokémon up and cradled it in her arms. Eevee snuggled closer to her and seemed rather content with the new arrangement.

"Ready to go, Eevee?" Shelby asked.

"E! Eevee, e!" Eevee replied enthusiastically. Shelby grinned as they continued to walk, but soon the pair came upon a trainer. She was sitting on a rock and seemed to be enjoying her lunch.

Shelby glanced down at Eevee. She looked up at Shelby curiously. Shelby patted the Pokémon on the head, and they began to walk by. Suddenly the trainer looked up, and cried out. Shelby cringed slightly, and her grip on Eevee tightened. Eevee's ears perked up curiously as Shelby turned around. The trainer had just slammed her lunch down and stood up, pointing directly at Shelby.

"You there!" she said. "Let's have a battle, now! I need to prepare for Mt. Moon." Shelby's eyebrows shot up slightly. Then she thought about it and slowly agreed. She went to grab Marshtomp's pokeball, when Eevee bit her sleeve. Shelby looked down in surprise at the small Pokémon. "I think your little Eevee wants to fight," the girl said dryly. She had her own pokeball ready to go. "So let's do this thing already!"

Shelby's eyes narrowed and she glared at the girl, already beginning to dislike her. "Fine!" Shelby shouted. She opened her arms, and Eevee hopped gracefully to the ground. It stumbled slightly as it landed, which caused Shelby to remember that it was just a baby. That also meant that Eevee would be more than likely a little uncoordinated in battle. Oh well, Shelby thought, we can work around that!

"Go Ledyba!" the girl called. A Pokémon that looked quite a bit like a ladybug appeared in a flash of white light. Shelby quickly grabbed her Pokedex to check the data on this particular Pokémon. Shelby clenched her teeth when she saw that it could learn a fighting type move. That doesn't necessarily mean that it knows that particular move though, Shelby thought, trying to comfort herself. Though she tried to, she knew that she needed to be especially careful. Mostly because Eevee's attacks were fairly close combat, that much she knew.

"Eevee get in there with a quick attack!" Shelby said, wanting this battle to be over quickly. Eevee stumbled in the beginning, but finally the attack smoothed out and headed straight for Ledyba. On an order from its trainer, the Ledyba countered with a bug buzz attack. Shelby frowned when she saw that it did about an average amount of damage, but Eevee looked a little bit less confident now. "Stay tough, Eevee," Shelby said. "Go for a bite!" Shelby said.

Eevee nodded and said, "E!" Then it leapt towards the Ledyba once more, jaws closing on one of the wings. The Ledyba screeched in pain. The other trainer ordered a move that Shelby had been afraid of; comet punch. Shelby told Eevee to let go, but it was too late. The punch landed right against Eevee's side, sending the baby Pokémon slamming into the ground. Shelby cried out and then snapped her mouth shut, clenching her teeth and fists simultaneously.

"Are you alright, Eevee?" Shelby asked. Eevee said its name and pushed herself up, continuing on in the battle. "Hurry and use quick attack and then get out of range fast," Shelby ordered. Eevee nodded and dove in for the attack, slamming into Ledyba with a fair amount of force. Shelby had to admit that she was impressed, but then as Eevee went to leap away it fell off balance again. She fell in the dirt and got slammed by a tackle attack. Shelby clenched her teeth again.

"Ha! Sending a newly hatched Pokémon into battle is a bonehead move!" the girl said. Shelby looked at her and saw the smugness in her face; she already thought that she had won the fight. Shelby snorted and then glanced at her tired out Eevee. This is it…this'll be all or nothing right here, Shelby thought.

"Eevee try to use another quick attack and follow with a bite!" Shelby said. Eevee hopped back up and ran at Ledyba with impressive speed. The little Pokémon slammed into the other's side and then latched her jaws onto its wing again. "Now get out of there, Eevee," Shelby called. Eevee leapt away, leaving Ledyba looking a little worse for the wear. The trainer shook her head as another smirk appeared on her countenance. Shelby blinked and cursed.

"It's far from over," the girl said.

"I know that much," Shelby replied. "Eevee go for a tackle!" Shelby said. As Eevee went in for what Shelby assumed was the final attack, suddenly a reflection appeared in front of Ledyba. Eevee slammed into it, barely a fraction of the force actually hitting Ledyba. As Eevee skidded to the ground, dust clouded around the Pokémon. Shelby didn't know if she would get back up.

"Ha! Ledyba let's finish this off with comet punch!" the girl called. Ledyba nodded and then flew towards Eevee. The process seemed almost slowed down by Shelby's mind. She ordered a sand attack, and watched as the sand sprayed into Ledyba's face and sent it off course. Shelby breathed a sigh of relief. "Ledyba, shake it off! Hurry up and use another comet punch!" the girl cried.

"Eevee let's finish this up! Quick attack!" Shelby shouted, pointing towards the blind Ledyba. Eevee slammed into Ledyba with as much force as she could muster, and the Ledyba fell to the ground, completely knocked out and fainted. Shelby felt a bead of sweat trickle down her forehead as she looked at Eevee. The small Pokémon swayed slightly and then sat down in the grass. Eevee seemed to be very tired, but not yet fully fainted. "Good job," Shelby said. She picked up the little Pokémon. Eevee cuddled up against her and closed its eyes.

"…Nice battle," the girl said reluctantly. She recalled Ledyba and then walked back over to her lunch. Shelby nodded and then set off on the dusty trail once more, wondering what the tournament would be like if such a simple battle had given her such a rush.

(OOC: Totally going to bed after this...I've been zombiefied)

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    An hour of walking after watching the fighting pokemon battle had passed, King and Mijaan were simply headed uphill towards Mt Moon. Unfortunately for them however, they once again saw the Machamp trainer. He seemed to be using some kind of Medicine on his machamp as Mijaan was walking past.

"H...Hey.." The machamp trainer said as he noticed Mij walk past. "Hey kid!?"
    Mijaan gulped and turned around to see the guy standing there along side his very tall Machamp, who seemed to be flexing his muscles. "Yeah?" Mij responded cautiously. He didnt wanna battle this guy but he knew what was coming.

"Hey wanna battle Machamp?" He patted machamps mighty muscular arms as machamp flexed some more. "He's undefeated you know!" He said. Mij raised an eyebrow and Nido looked at Mij. King didnt like the fact that this guy just lied.

"NIDO! NIDORAN!" He called out to the flexing machamp, whatever he shouted, it angered the big grey powerhouse. Machamp, infuriated and hot headed, pushed his trainer aside and stood in a fighting pose. King leaped off Mij's shoulder and growled up at the big pokemon.

"..what?" Mijaan blinked as he looked down at his purple pokemon. It wasnt any bigger than the palm of Machamp's hand and yet it was ready to fight. "Are you sure?" He continued to look on puzzled. King turned back and nodded at his trainer, then turning towards his opponent!

SMACK!

Machamp hit him with a cheap shot-karate chop that sent him flying into a rock. Smashing through the rock, King come out the other side rolling along the ground. Bruised and battered it crawled up onto its feet and as it scurried back towards its opponent Mijaan went into battle mode.
    "Alright king! If we're gonna do this let's do it right! Horn attack!" He shouted as his pokemon lunged in for a powerful Horn attack.

CLONK!

Machamp used the back of his hand and swatted him aside asif he was nothing. King was clearly too small to contend with the mighty pokemon and Machamp was mocking him about it. He was laughing at him and his trainer joined in.

"Stomp him machamp! Seismic Toss!" He called out as King came in for another attack. Catching him in the palm of his hand, Machamp simply threw King at another boulder and smashed it to peices. The nidoran could hardly stand up, Mij took his pokeball out of his pocket and planned on returning him.

"King... Re-" Mijaan began. Cut off in mid sentence as he saw king running in for another attack. Machamp just punched King into the ground at his feet knocking dust up at him. Machamp's eyes widened as the dust settled, he saw King standing, but just barely. Stepping back, machamp readied himself again but had to cover his eyes from the blinding light coming from King. Everyone had their hands over their eyes and when it faded, king was standing proud as a Nidorino.

"NIDORINOOO!" He roared in happiness. Turning his attention to his opponent, he stood ready and refreshed for what was to become round 2.

Looking on, Machamp's trainer had had enough. "Put him down Machamp! We need to win this one!" He said. King leaped back as machamp punched the ground where king was standing, and continued to use his speed to evade the mighty fighting powerhouses relentless punches. Eventually, King saw an opening and stuck his horn right into Machamps chest. Furiously the fighting pokemon grabbed hold of kings front legs but king simply pressed his horn deeper into his chest, forcing the machamp to let go.

King was now in control.

"Alright king!" Mijaan pointed to the sky. "In the air now!" He commanded and king knew what to do. Kicking his hind legs into the ground hard, he leaped over machamp who watched on as king flew above the machamps head and struck it with his horn using a simple yet graceful Peck! Machamp was incredibly weakened by the flying-type ability and fell to his knees. As he tried to get to his feet, King smashed the back of his legs with a powerful tackle attack.
    CRASH! - ooc: Yes, it's like a comic.
    Machamp was on his back, as it began to climb to its feet King leaped into his chest and struck his face with his horn. After a few jabs to the face machamp was looking hurt.

"Your machamp can't beat King using only fighting abilities!" Mijaan said as king leaped into the air and came crashing down with a horn at high speed. But before King could touch him, Machamp rolled to the side. King righted himself and just managed to land on his feet, but Machamp was ready and kicked King in the side, sending him flying but only a few feet. King's landing was once again fine and he stood with his head lowered.

But as machamp was about fight on, he stumbled a little. He looked down at the palm of his hand to see a patch of his skin had turned purple, He saw his own hand in double vision too! It was from when he caught King in his hand, he'd gotten posioned. As he stumbled more, King was stood just before him ready to strike him down. Machamp swatted at King but merely slapped his face, he had no strength left to attack.

King grinned and scraped his horn on the ground. Viciously leaping at his larger opponent, He drove his horn deep into machamp's torso and a drilling sound could be heard. His horn collided with such a force that Machamp was sent flying into a tree. Smashing the tree down as he hit it, machamp was knocked out cold and wasnt about to get up anytime soon.

Mij patted king on the head and king let out an impressive growl at the Machamp's trainer.

"If we can beat that machamp.." Mijaan grinned and turned to his opponent. "My names Mijaan, or mij for short! And i'm going to win that tournament!!"
    The other trainer rubbed the back of his own head as he walked over to his pokemon and returned it.

'Ignorant...' Mijaan turned away and walked off, With king by his side. "I'm proud of you king!"

Nobody was going to stop them at mount moon. Nobody.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    When tears welled in my eyes and my mouth bowled into a yawn, I pulled my hands up and stretched. My muscles and bones cracked achingly as I steadied myself. Venusaur looked at me, a sleepy look on his face. He too opened his mouth and his tongue curled out. Turning my head, my neck cracked as I scratched his large, olive green head. "Morning buddy," I whispered. Venusaur purred… somehow and flexed his large, green leaves and pink flower peddles. Beedrill flew down from a tree and Grotle stumbled over to me from a tree nearby. I bent down and welcomed him as well as Beedrill who clung to my head.

Stretching once more with Beedrill clinging to my head, I looked at my watch and noticed it was already 10:04 in the morning. I winced. I needed to get to Mount Moon and sign up by 12 so I could compete against other trainers. I lifted up Grotle and Venusaur's Pokeballs telling them it would be quicker if I traveled with them safely inside their Pokeballs. They didn't object, but Venusaur gave a whine of disappointment.

Once my two grass Pokemon were inside their Pokeballs, I walked in the direction of Mount Moon, Beedrill flying back and forth in front of me, excited to be partaking in a special tournament. He knew that I had only three Pokemon and three Pokemon was the required amount at the Mount Moon tournament.

Stopping quickly at a grassy land, I called Beedrill to my side. "Alright Beedrill," I began. "We need to get some practice in alright. Use Twinneedle-"

"Hey you!" Turning my head quickly, Beedrill and I watched as a trainer a bit younger than me ran up to us panting. He smiled as he reached me. "You must be that Jess I saw on TV fighting against Brock," he said. I smiled and nodded. "Great battle," he added. "Would you be interested in a quick match? I need to get my Pokemon warmed up for the Mount Moon tournament."

I cocked my head to the side quickly, my smile turning into a half-creased frown. "Uh sure," I said. "I was planning on getting some practice in before the tournament." Looking at my watch I added, "By the way, if you haven't already signed up, you have to by twelve."

The boy raised a hand, palm out. "No worries," he said. Then he grabbed a Pokeball and threw it forward. In a bright flash of light, a purple Pokemon with green wings appeared with a shout of, "Dustox!"

I looked up at Beedrill and nodded. My bug Pokemon flew out to face the other bug and looked ready for battle, pulling his claws to his sides like two punching gloves.

"Poison Sting, Dustox," the boy shouted. The green-winged bug opened its mouth and shot out several sharp, purple spikes.

"Dodge and use Twinneedle," I said to Beedrill. He quickly flew up out of the way of the spikes and swooped down at the Dustox, knocking it to the side by both of its stingers.

"Dust," the green-winged bug shouted painfully as it staggered in the air by Beedrill's poisonous stingers.

"Good shot," I complimented. Beedrill nodded and swerved around in the air, ready for its next command. "Use Tackle," Beedrill obeyed, swooping down at the Dustox once more and laying its silver wings on its back. It laid its wings at its side and hit the Dustox in a square shot in the middle of the chest.

"Dus," it huffed as the wind rushed out of its body as it crashed to the ground. The boy cried out and quickly recalled his Pokemon, Beedrill watching as it was sucked into the ball in a beam of red light.

"Nice attacks," the boy commented as he took another Pokeball from his belt. Throwing it up, a tan and brown Pokemon appeared with a green leaf on its head. I recognized it as a Nuzleaf.

I took Beedrill's Pokeball off my belt and raised it up, returning Beedrill to the safety of his Pokeball. Then, I took off Grotle's Pokeball and threw it forward. In a flash of white light, my starter appeared in front of the Nuzleaf, determined and ready.

"Nature Power," the boy said. The Nuzleaf pulled its hands together and a sphere of bright green light started to form. Grotle stepped back as the Nuzleaf thrust the light forward at him. The ball of green light hit him straight in the forehead and threw him back, making him collide on his back.

"You alright Grotle," I called. My Pokemon rolled back to his stomach and nodded towards me. "Alright then, use Bullet Seed." Grotle quickly opened his mouth and several seeds shot out, knocking the Nuzleaf into a nearby tree. "Body Slam, now," Running at the Nuzleaf quickly, Grotle slammed into it, the tree shaking and groaning as the Nuzleaf fell to the ground from Grotle's attack. However, it wasn't done yet. It got to its feet and waited for its trainer's next command.

"Use Shadow Ball," the boy said. The Nuzleaf once more put its hands together but instead of a green ball of light, a black ball of energy grew. I gritted my teeth as Grotle took a defensive position. The Nuzleaf thrust the ball of black energy forward and Grotle quickly jumped out of the way, only to stomp down on the ground causing an extremely powerful Magnitude. The ground broke and rocks flew up, several knocking into the Nuzleaf and making it slide backwards. When it didn't get up, Grotle let out a victory cry.

The trainer recalled his leafy Pokemon and sighed. I recalled Grotle too and stepped up to the trainer and shook his outstretched hand. "Good battle," I said.

"Yeah," he said sadly.

"Hey, don't be down," I said, placing my hands on my hips. "Your Pokemon are strong, but is that all you have?" The boy looked away and nodded.

"Yeah," he said. I looked around and sighed. Finally seeing a Pokemon in the tree, I pointed at it.

"Try to catch that," I said.

"How?" the trainer asked. "My Pokemon are weak and badly injured. What Pokemon should I use?"

I took off a Pokeball off my belt and threw it into the air. After a flash of white light, my giant Venusaur appeared. "Venu," he said.

"Woah," the trainer said awed.

I turned to him. "You can command Venusaur to capture that Taillow."

"Venu," Venusaur complained, angrily looking at me.

"Venusaur," I said. "You better help the trainer catch the Taillow." Venusaur grumbled but nodded, looking back to the Taillow who had turned its attention to Venusaur.

"O-okay then," the trainer choked. "Use Vine Whip." Venusaur's vines sprouted from under his giant vines and swung up, enveloping the Taillow and throwing it down at the ground. The vines pulled away and the Taillow got up and swooped toward Venusaur using a Peck attack. Venusaur lowered his pink flower and the inside started to glow a bright white. Suddenly, a large beam of light shot out and struck the Taillow.

"Tai," the bird Pokemon shouted painfully as it fell to the ground, wings drooping. The trainer beside me took out a Pokeball and threw it forward at the Taillow. It enveloped the bird with a beam of transparent, red light and the ball closed with the Taillow stuck inside. It shook for a few seconds, the indicator flashing red before calming down. The trainer ran up to it and scooped it up happily.

"Oh thank you, thank you," he said. "By the way, my name is Anthony. Hope to see you in the contest." After I said good-bye, I watched as Anthony disappeared to the mountains.

After returning and thanking Venusaur, I walked up the mountain and very soon I could hear loud music and smell food. My mouth watered hungrily when I realized that I haven't eaten all day. When I finally saw the Mount Moon Stadium, my jaw dropped. Lots and lots and lots of people were gathered around the stands and near the large, silver dome. There were trainers showing off their badges and their Pokemon. Muscular trainers flexed for others with Machamps, Machokes, and Machops at their sides. I could see Pokemon food stands and decided to go and buy food for my Pokemon.

Finally at the front of the line, I saw the assortment of food. Finally ordering a Beedrill food, a Grotle food, and a Venusaur food, I took out my wallet.

"Whoa, whoa," the person at the stall said warmly. "Do you have a gym badge?"

"Uh," I began, taking out the Boulder Badge…

"Then the food's yours free," the person at the stall said.

"Really?" I said, taking the food in my hand. When the person nodded smiling, I said a thank you and headed off to the giant dome.

I pulled up my badge to show the security guards and they opened the doors warmly. I went in with a smile.

"Welcome," a man said in a uniform. "The registration desk is to the right and the field is over to the left where you can call out your Pokemon and meet the other contestants."

"Thanks," I said. The man nodded and smiled, returning back to his position.

I walked over to the field and threw up all three of my Pokemon's Pokeballs. In a large flash of light, my three Pokemon materialized in front of me. Grotle said its name happily, Beedrill buzzed, and Venusaur grumbled. I took out the food and poured it into bowls, placing it in front of my Pokemon. They looked at me happily before chowing down.

I walked over to the registration desk where Nurse Joy was sitting down at. She was looking over several papers and there was a paper bolded with names of the current contestants. There were two so far – Ant with an Ivysaur, Pikachu, and Charizard. The other was Gav with a Flareon, Pidgeotto, and Wartortle.

"Can I help you?" Nurse Joy asked, looking up from her work. "Have you come to register?"

"Uh yes," I said. "I would like to register."

"How many Pokemon do you have at the moment?"

"Three."

"Good. You will need three," Nurse Joy said, taking a paper. She looked up at me again, "Name?"

"Jess," I told her.

She looked back at the paper and scribbled "Jess" in the name section of the paper. She looked up at me today. "What's your Pokemon for round one?" Looking around, I leaned down and whispered my choice in her ear. She said, "Ah," and wrote my choice down on the paper. I also told her my other two Pokemon.

After Nurse Joy added me to the Competitors List, I returned my Pokemon to their Pokeballs and headed out of the dome and away from the huge crowd and into the forest. Maybe it would be a good idea to catch a new Pokemon – maybe a Nidoran or Meowth or Seviper.

After a few minutes of walking, I finally came to a large, purple Pokemon. A horn was on its head and it had large ears. It had beady black eyes and it silently gnawed on some grass. I took out a Pokeball and threw it forward, attracting the Nidoran male's attention. In the original flash of white light, Beedrill appeared.

"Twinneedle," I shouted. Beedrill nodded and swooped at the Nidoran. It jumped forward and lunged at Beedrill. Beedrill was not expecting it and swooped up but was hit quickly by the poisonous horn of the Nidoran male. Beedrill buzzed angrily and swooped away from the Nidoran's Peck attack.

"Argh, try a Tackle attack," I shouted. Beedrill didn't nod but only swooped in and knocked the Nidoran male backwards. However, it didn't roll onto its back – it got onto its feet more quickly than any of my Pokemon could have. Suddenly, I saw Beedrill shake his head achingly. I gasped, remembering the Nidoran's ability – it can poison a Pokemon if the attack is physical. I cursed to myself.

The Nidoran lunged at Beedrill once more, knocking him back to the ground and started to hit him rapidly with kicks. Finally, Beedrill hit the ground, a cloud of dust forming and Nidoran went back to its position, swiping its foot on the ground like a ready Tauros.

I looked down at Beedrill and noticed he was completely out cold – unconscious. I raised his Pokeball and recalled my bug Pokemon before throwing out Grotle's Pokemon. In the annoying and blinding flash of light, my partner appeared on the ground, ready for battle. The Nidoran quickly charged, shouting its name out angrily.

"Dodge," I commanded. Grotle hopped out of the way, but the Nidoran kicked off the ground and hit Grotle in the side with a Peck attack. "Bullet Seed now," Grotle opened its mouth and shot out several seeds at the Nidoran, knocking it back. It angrily shouted its name and lunged again, this time kicking Grotle rapidly with its feet.

"Grotle," I hissed through my teeth. Then it came to me. "Use Magnitude," I said. Grotle nodded and slammed his foot against the ground. The ground shook and the Nidoran quickly lost its balance as well as being knocked back by falling rocks and rocks that were knocked up out of the ground by Grotle's Magnitude.

"Finish this with Razor Leaf," I said to Grotle. Grotle nodded and pulled back his head only to whip it forward, shooting several leaves in Nidoran's direction. Even with its weakened health, it jumped out of the way and lunged at Grotle who quickly knocked it back with a Body Slam. The Nidoran skidded against the ground and slumped. I took out an empty Pokeball and threw it at the Nidoran and watched as it was gulped up by the Pokeball through a red beam of light. The ball closed and it shook, the indicator flashing red…

(OOC: Haha, five pages in Microsoft Word.)

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    -DAY 5 CONTINUED-

"Sure." Elliot agreed. The boy was taller than Elliot and had dyed his hair crimson.

"Let's go over to the garden," The boy suggested. "There's more room over there."

So off the two trainers went, on a short walk to the gardens as Lentus followed behind, while Toni had jumped onto Elliot's shoulder again.

As they walked the boy discussed the rules "Okay, because I'm training to fight the gym leader here, we'll make this a two on two Pokémon battle."

"Wait, there's a gym here?!" Elliot exclaimed, he didn't think it was that soon, he wondered if he might try out a battle.

"Yeah," The boy responded. "Oh, you must not be around from here. Okay here we are."

They both made way to opposite ends of the garden in their makeshift battle area. Elliot looked at Toni, sitting on his shoulder.

"Hey Toni, wanna fight then?" Elliot said smiling.

Toni didn't even answer, but instead jumped down waiting for the battle to begin.

"Just don't use your electric attacks at a distance and only close up." Elliot added.

"Pika!" Toni said in a determined voice.

"Okay! Time to test out the new Pokémon I caught, go Abra, and you too Leafy!" The boy yelled, throwing his two pokeballs in the air.

Elliot recognized the two Pokémon from his classes; Abra was a psychic Pokémon, and Bulbasaur a combination of poison and grass. He was already formulating a plan in his head; after all he had seen quite a few Pokémon battles that were two on two. How hard could it be? He called out Lentus and it appeared next to Pikachu, this time it wasn't sleeping.

"Okay! Let's get ready to battle you two." Elliot called to them. He looked at the trainer opposite to him, the trainer nodded saying he was ready.

"Okay Lentus, quickly use tackle on that Abra and Pikachu use quick attack on the Bulbasaur!" Elliot directed.

At the same time, the trainer called out, "Abra use teleport now and Bulbasaur use Leech Seed on that Slowpoke."

At once all four Pokémon began to move, preparing to attack. Lentus was seen running towards the Abra, but no sooner had it reached, that it teleported 5' away, Lentus stopped in confusion, and was further made into confusion when he suddenly felt a seed wrap around him caused by the Bulbasaur. Though since the Bulbasaur had been busy with another opponent, it had no time to dodge Toni's quick attack. This sent Bulbasaur flying back a few feet away.

"Okay guys you're doing all right." Elliot yelled from the one end of the field. But he noticed that Lentus would be affected by the leech seed, as he thought of it, the vines glowed red, as though signifying it was taking away Lenus' energy. He had to think of a plan and quick, he didn't want Lentus to be slower than he already was.

"Oh wait a sec," Elliot thought. "Lentus might not be fast, but he could do some range attacks to protect Toni."

Suddenly Elliot called out, "Lentus! Fall back a bit, and protect Toni with confusion; and Toni, use double team than quick attack, on that Bulbasaur again." Elliot decided to leave the Abra alone, because he figured because it was new, it wasn't properly trained; he even recalled that most wild Abras knew how to Teleport, and that was about it.

As Lentus was moving its way back, still being affected by the leech seed and Pikachu preparing its attack, the trainer called out his Pokémon's next attacks. "Bulbasaur, use your vine whip and swing it all around those copies! Abra use teleport again."

Toni had successfully used the double team, but the other trainer's bulbasaur had already stopped Elliot's plan for the quick attack. Once the Bulbasaur found the real Pikachu, he grabbed it with his vine whip and threw him back next to Lentus, who had just reached the side line of the battle, where Elliot wanted him to be. In all this, the Abra once again teleported a few on another side of the battle field.

"Are you okay you guys? Just hang in there!" Elliot said in a fiery passion.

They looked ready for another round of attacks.

"Okay so Lentus, when they get close to Toni use confusion on them, and Toni, you can help deal the extra damage, by using quick attack." Elliot planned.

Bulbasaur was already running at the two its vines out preparing another vine attack, and Abra teleporting right next to it in the process. Toni also ran towards Bulbasaur intent on landing a quick attack. However Lentus decided to take matters in its own hands when he figured Bulbasaur was too close to Toni, and used water gun, catching the Bulbasaur (his vines were up in the air and did not have time to come down for a block), and even Toni off guard. The water gun hit Bulbasaur and he was sent flying back. Elliot knew this wouldn't deal much damage. Nonetheless this left Abra out in the open.

"Okay, now Toni, use quick attack, and Lentus, use water gun on that Abra!"

"Pikachu!" Toni yelled in a war cry like fashion.

"Po..." Lentus said simply.

"Quick! Teleport again Abra!" The other trainer yelled.

But it was too late; Pikachu hit it, just before Lentus' water gun. The Abra fainted. The trainer recalled it.

"Good," Elliot thought. "At least the confusion is out of the way."

By now the continual degradation of the leech seed was getting to Lentus, it appeared unfocused and otherwise tired.

The bulbasaur was running at them preparing an attack, somewhat aggravated now.

"Quick Toni, use Double team, and Lentus muster up all your strength and use confusion!" Elliot called.

Toni began its attack, but the Bulbasaur was too focused, it tackled Toni (who fainted) and was now making its way to Lentus.

"Po!" Lentus cried, mustering its strength.

Then with a burst of power, shot confusion at the Bulbasaur (which Elliot also remembered that Psychic type was super effective against Grass type, from his schooling) and was able to pick up Bulbasaur and sent it flying. When it hit the ground, it did not get up. The battle was won.

"All right!" Elliot yelled throwing his fist up in the air. "You were awesome guys."

Lentus walked up to Toni (with his Leech seed attack gone) at the same time as Elliot, and Elliot picked Toni up.

"Feeling okay buddy?" Elliot said in a concerned manner.

"Pika..." Toni said, somewhat exhausted.

"Okay you two, let's go to the Pokémon center, and get you two all to top condition, then we can take a quick break, and if you want, we can try for that gym badge." Elliot said.

The other trainer walked up to Elliot, he had already recalled his Pokémon. "That was an intense battle, wow, I sure am not ready to face off against the gym leader, but I bet you are."

"Yeah, maybe..." Elliot said, not all together reassured.

But he walked away from the battle nonetheless. He headed to the Pokémon Center in the mean time, still contemplating whether or not he should try for a gym battle. After a quick snack with his Pokémon as well, he decided he'd go for it, though he knew he was unprepared. He walked towards the gym, with both Toni and Lentus just right behind him. He looked at the sign next to the entrance, it read: Nathan, Viridian City Gym Leader, Normal Type Pokemon.

"Normal type eh?" Elliot thought, "Well that won't be too bad I hope."

He opened the door, when he stepped inside, he thought he had entered in a closed building, but there he saw, someone standing at the far end of the gym clearly looking like a gym leader type.

"Uh, hello?" Elliot spoke.

"Hey kid," The man jumped up. "Did you want a gym battle?"

"Uhh, yeah, yeah I do." Elliot said.

"You don't sound very confident, okay well first off my name is Nathan, and I am the leader of this gym. The rules here will be a two on two Pokémon gym battle, got it?" Nathan said.

"Yup. And I'm Elliot by the way." Elliot responded, thinking it in kind to say his name as well.

"Send out your Pokémon then." Nathan said, as though already annoyed.

Elliot's Pokémon who were still behind him at the time came forward, in the battle field portion.

As he did that, Nathan sent out his own two Pokémon they were Militank and Taurus.

Elliot laughed to himself, "Both farm animals," He thought. "That's funny."

Elliot recalled too that these were fast Pokémon, so he figured that if this Gym Leader wanted to play the fast card that two could play at this game.

"Okay Lentus, I want you to stay in the back, and aid Toni with either water gun or confusion when I tell you to, and Toni, I want you to use your speed here as an advantage, don't worry guys, I believe in you, I know you can pull it off, you haven't dragged me out her e for no reason, haha." Elliot laughed as he gave his speech.

Nathan obviously saw the arrangement going on, and with his knowledge from Pokémon studies, he figured that the Pikachu would be the most threatening, yet even then, he noticed a sort of bandage on the Pikachu's tail.

"Okay Militank use body slam on that Pikachu you too Taurus." Nathan called. They began to charge towards Toni.

"Okay Toni, use double team to confuse them then follow up with quick attack, and Lentus, use water gun, when they get close to Toni." Elliot said.

Both of them took their orders, and Toni began making copies of itself. This confused both Taurus and Militank, so they started charging at all the copies. Finally Toni followed through with a quck attack, hitting Militank, but with all its momentum it appeared to have little effect, which also sent Toni back a bit. At the same time, Lentos decided to use water gun on Taurus.

This appeared to annoy Nathan, "Taurus use body slam on that Slowpoke and Militank, take out that Pikachu with body slam again!"

But Elliot had a sudden idea. "Toni, try to get on top of that Taurus and use thundershock to the best of your ability." Elliot thought that with being in such a close range that he'd definitely hit. "And Lentos, use confusion on that Militank."

So Taurus began running towards Lentus, Toni began running at Taurus, and Militank began running towards Toni. Toni managed to jump on Taurus, but only on one of its tails, noticing this immediately, Taurus stopped charging towards Lentus , and tried to get rid of Toni. It moved its whole body really fast giving a hard to for Toni, who was just barely holding on. In the meantime, Lentus having not moved an inch, missed Militank with its confusion attack (who had stopped chasing after Toni, when it saw it on its own team mate). Then finally Toni used its thundershock attack. The majority of it went into Taurus, but still some uncontrolled excess, went in a bunch of direction, which narrowly missed both Lentus and Elliot.

Toni jumped down, it looked somewhat tired; it appeared that the Taurus was paralyzed, which Elliot recalled from his Pokémon books from school.

Because Nathan noticed this as well, he gave further instructions to his Pokémon. "Militank, use heal bell on Taurus, hang in there."

"Quick," Elliot yelled, see an opportunity. "Toni, use quick attack on that Militank, and Lentus, hit that Taurus with water gun."

The Militank ran over to heal the Taurus' paralysis; it managed to do so, just before Pikachu's quick attack came, which sent it back a few feet. Before the Taurus could get up, it got a face full of water gun, as well as lots of the floor below it, which seemed to serve to infuriate it further as well as weaken.

"This is ending now!" Nathan yelled, "Taurus use giga impact on that Slowpoke!" He seemed a little less focused, especially seeing as he forgot to give Militank directions.

Suddenly from the other side of the gym, Taurus was preparing a massive charge.

"Woah!" Elliot thought. "I don't think I've seen any Pokémon have that power, even at this stage, well time for some fast action."

As Elliot said this, he noticed that the floor was still wet from Lentus' attack. "Toni, aim a thundershock at the floor, make sure to hit the water! And Lentus, use water gun on Militank as well."

Toni jumped up, and with all its aim and power it could further muster, used thundershock, hitting the water, and thus conducting it, which enveloped under the Taurus, as well the access flew in several directions, hitting Lentus as well. The resultant attack on Taurus though, because of its massive momentum sent it in to the walls passed Elliot and Lentus. It was now unable to battle.

"All right Toni!" Elliot yelled. Though it was obvious that Toni was pretty exhausted now, and Lentus was still recovering from the partial thundershock.

"Body slam on that Pikachu, Militank now!" Nathan yelled, while recalling Taurus to its Pokeball.

Militank suddenly turned directions, and Elliot knew it would be too late for Toni to react from its exhaustion, he was going to tell it to dodge the attack, when suddenly Lentus had stopped Militank in its tracks of its own accord, with confusion, and it lifted Militank in the air, and dropped it a few feet closer to itself. Then Lentus began starring at it. This might have been because Militank had suddenly become confused, and was tripping over its own feet.

"Snap out of it Militank." Nathan yelled.

But Elliot was already calling his attack, "Lentus use Tack-"

He was interrupted when he saw Lentus seem to have decided on its own accord to tackle the Militank. It hit, sending it backwards. It fell finally, and was unable to battle.

Elliot had won the battle. He recalled both of his Pokémon and hugged them in congratulations.

"Awesome job guys!" Elliot commented.

Nathan had just recalled Militank to its pokeball, when he walked up to Elliot. "That was an interesting combination, of your two Pokémon." He pointed towards Elliot's Pokémon, Lentus of which seemed to have been celebrating by playing with its tail now, and Toni, who had jumped on Elliots shoulder again.

Nathan continued, "As a mark of your achievement, I present to you the Tank Badge." He handed it to Elliot. "And here is a case for all 8 badges of this region too, I always carry spare."

"Thanks!" Elliot said.

"Oh and before you go, take this, its a TM, you can use it to teach a Pokémon a move. This one in particular is Body Slam, evidence of which you saw this battle." Elliot said.

"Thank you very much!" Elliot said excitedly, pocketing the TM in his bag.

"Have fun on your continuing journey, and mind those dark trainers." Nathan said, as Elliot was walking towards the door.

"Thanks again, and I will." Elliot waved, as he walked out, Lentus right behind him, and Toni still on his shoulder.

He looked up at the sky on his way out, the sun was definitely lower in the sky, it was about supper time.

"Okay gang," Elliot said. "Let's get you all healed up, then we'll go shopping for some good food."

He went to the Pokémon center again.

"A second time today?" It was Nurse Joy, "I hope your Pokémon enjoy battling as much as you do."

"They definitely do," Elliot said. "Oh, and there is still room for a night here isn't there?"

"Indeed there is, quite a few bunks left, feel free to take one, I'll put your name down."
    "Thanks." Elliot said.

After his Pokémon got healed, he suggested to them that the market would be a great place to find some food. When he got there he found some exotic flavoured Pokémon food for each of his Pokémon, as was recommended by the vendor for his particular Pokémon type. Suddenly while walking around looking for food he'd like, he felt his pocket shake, it was the egg. Elliot stopped to feel it, and it was rather warm.

"Wow... Today has been an eventful day, what do you guys think?"

"Pi-ka-chu!" Toni said in an agreeable manner.

"Po..." Lentus said though Elliot figured he was thinking about the Pokémon food Elliot had in his bag, as Lentus was starring at it.

Finally Elliot found a submarine sandwich store, that he thought he might like, and got a sandwich.

"Let's head back to that park you guys, that was a nice spot, plus I saw some picnic tables." Elliot said.

So they walked back to the tables, and Elliot gave them their respective foods, which they seemed to enjoy. Elliot's sandwich on the other hand, was found to be really spicy, and the water he had did not seem to quell it.

The moon was out now, as their late supper had just finished. Elliot was sitting now leaning against a tree, looking up at the various stars. He had the warm egg in his hands. Just as he did so, he briefly saw a small figure seem to pass through the moon. Elliot tried to follow it, but it disappeared quickly, though a few minutes later, he could hear some sounds off in the distance, like that of a crash. He wondered what that sleek looking thing was, flying through the air.

If that wasn't enough, a sudden white glow started emanating from the egg, Lentus and Toni went over to investigate as well, the glow grew brighter until finally it revealed a Charmander.

"Oh my god!" Elliot exclaimed. He had always wanted a Charmander, and here it was standing here in front of him.

"Char, Charmander." It said in a curious type voice.

"Hey there buddy." Elliot said tapping it on the head. He figured out it was a male. And wanted to figure out a name for it. So while all three Pokemon were getting acquainted (or in Lentus' case, vacant starring). Elliot looked up in his book.

"Hmmm how about, Ignatius, or Iggy for short? It means 'Fiery one', seems fitting enough I think." Elliot finally said.

Toni had been the only one listening, and nodded.

"You'll need something to eat there Iggy." Elliot said.

At the mention of food Lentus stood up again, Elliot got out the regular Pokémon food he had, and gave some to Iggy, who gratefully ate it.

"You've had plenty now Lentus." Elliot said laughing.

Because it started to get late, Elliot decided it was best time as any to get some sleep. Of its own accord, Lentus offered Iggy a ride on its back. Elliot let them go a few steps ahead to watch them, and at the same, Toni jumped on Elliot's shoulder.

"They seem to like not being in their Pokeball." Elliot thought.

When going upstairs to their bunk room, Elliot passed by a pamphlet talking about a Mt. Moon Tournament, and a respective bus ride. He picked one up, and finally headed to bed, with all of his Pokémon.

-END OF (late) DAY 5

OoC: Will try to get beginning of day 6 either later tonight, or tomorrow evening.

Day 6

Elliot woke up suddenly... Had the past day been a dream? On his first day as a trainer, he has already beaten 2 trainers and a gym leader, gotten his bike stolen, and fell ill from a Pokémon attack.

"If I knew every day was going to be like this. I guess those years watching Pokémon battles and studying at school paid off." Elliot thought, "I hope to be prepared for more."

He got up, carefully, attempting not to wake up his Pokémon and walked towards the dresser where he had placed the pamphlet, before flopping on his bed, after an exhausting day. On the front cover it read: Mt. Moon Tournament. He opened it up and read about the various activities taking place; he also noted a shuttle that would be arriving in Viridian at noon. Elliot looked at his watch; it was only 7:30 am.

He turned back to look at his Pokémon, "They must be very exhausted." He thought. Elliot decided to let them sleep as long as they could. In the mean time, he had some breakfast (two granola bars woo!) and some orange juice. Finally when he noticed it to be 11am, he decided to wake them up.

None of them seemed to have minded being woken up, since they slept so long. Even Lentus seemed somewhat fast. Though this made Elliot think that they had probably overworked the day before. He decided he'd try to make it up to them at the tournament somehow.

Once they got all ready, they all walked towards the bus stop. Elliot noticed the other trainers waiting there with him.

(OoC: Its a small start, anyone that is also at or going to the bus stop, feel free to interact with me ;) )

Last edited:

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    Waking up the next day, Nova found that most of the others had left, and the only one left was one of the dark trainers that had switched sides the night before. 'Chris, I think it was?', Nova tried to recall what Mij had said before. Yawning, he sat up, and rested his hand on Houndoom, who was sleeping next to him. The fire type brought his head up slowly, still tired. Letting out a tired sigh, Houndoom rolled back over, 'Heh, you haven't changed much from when you were a Houndour. That's good…', Nova thought. A speck of purple was spotted by his eye, and Nova turned to see his egg shaking slightly against Houndoom's side, 'Hm? Is it almost ready to hatch?', Nova was answered when the egg cracked slightly, then calmed down. Nova reached down, and removed the egg from Houndoom's side, inspecting it. Placing his ear to the egg, he not only could hear some sounds coming from it, but the egg also felt quite warm.

Houndoom was starting to snore loudly, and Nova didn't want to wake the remaining trainer. Nova shook his friend until he woke up, then motioned for the dog to follow. The two left the camp making only minimal amounts of sound on the exit, heading in the direction of the pokemon center, 'I still need to go back for Lucien anyways', Nova thought, and laughed a little, pondering his response to Houndoom. The pokemon center was reached within ten minutes or so, although the lights were still out. When Nova and Houndoom entered the lobby, he saw a note on the reception desk, stating the staff were currently sleeping, and wouldn't be available until noon; 3 hours away. He sighed at the note, wondering why they wouldn't be up until noon, then walked to the diner, being the only place Nova believed he could find Lucien for sure. Lucien didn't disappoint, he was sitting at a table, munching away at a huge stack of pancakes. Nova watched in awe as Lucien downed the pancakes in a matter of minutes. The red-head looked up from his meal for the first time, and immediately pointed an accusing finger at Nova. As his gaze shifted downward slightly, Lucien saw that not only was there a crack in the egg, but a larger, unfamiliar pokemon was standing next to Nova.
    "Is that…?", Lucien began, and was answered with a nod followed by a smirk.
    "I bet you wish you had my luck, eh? Good things just seem to be happening left and right for me", Nova laughed a little as he said this. The two locked eyes for a bit, then chuckled at one another, "Come on, let's hit the road. We need to get to Mount Moon to sign in for the competition!", Lucien went wide-eyed for a few seconds, then charged out the doors of the pokemon center. Nova grinned as he followed behind.

Reaching the area of the battle last night, Lucien wondered aloud, "Hey, so what actually happened last night?"
    "Oh, I was wondering when you would ask. I got into a battle with a few dark trainers. I had a few people around to help, and then midway through the fight, a couple of the dark trainers switched sides. It was pretty weird. I still don't quite trust 'em though. Who knows what kind of tricks those people have up their sleeves, after all, right?", Nova recounted the events of the previous night. Lucien looked towards the sky, as if he was imagining the scene in his head. "Ah, well. We should get a move on, I don't wanna be late for the competition. I also wanna check out the competition.", Nova said, getting increasingly excited at the thought of battles. 'My pokemon will have fun, I'll make sure of that'

A mere ten minutes later, and the two had began sweating, 'It's pretty hot out today, man I hope we get there soon…', Nova thought to himself. Looking to his two companions, they were handing the situation differently. Houndoom was looking forward with a grin, he seemed to like the heat, 'Well, duh. Of course he would, he is a fire type after all', and Lucien was rubbing his stomach, complaining.

Not too long into the walk, It had started getting steeper, 'So this is where Mount Moon starts, eh?', and the ground got slightly craggy as the three walked further. As the heat increased, the egg moved around in Nova's arms at an increasing rate, and little pieces of the egg were cracking off at an agonizingly slow pace. Nova decided to place the egg in between Houndoom's horns, so as to give him some reason to stay out, other then just for company. The egg responded immediately to this, and began cracking off pieces at an increased rate. It was still a long ways off from hatching though, Nova noted. Houndoom however, had started walking carefully, taking care not to make any uneven steps at the risk of smashing the egg onto the ground. Nova and Lucien grinned at Houndoom's actions, it was giving the impression that Houndoom wanted this pokemon to hatch just as much as Nova did.

The area became increasingly rocky as the journey continued on, the heat had remained fairly constant, thankfully, but it still wasn't too welcome to the trainers. The egg and Houndoom seemed to be enjoying it, though. Houndoom was trotting happily, and the egg atop his head was shaking more constantly, as if it insisted to be set free from the shell. Nova and Houndoom couldn't ignore the egg shaking anymore, and stopped temporarily, and wandered underneath the shade of some nearby trees. About ten minutes passed, and the egg hadn't done anything too drastic in that time. The rest was disturbed when a guy wandered over to the shade; he looked like he needed a drink of water. He apparently hadn't noticed the three, as Lucien greeted the guy, he shot to his feet and took a fighting stance. He relaxed as he saw it was just some teens relaxing, relaxed until he spotted Houndoom, that is.

"Hey, dude. You need to battle me, right now!", the guy exclaimed, and threw a pokeball into the air. A human-like pokemon appeared from the ball. It had on a pair of red boxing gloves, and was brownish in color. "A Hitmonchan", the guy offered. Nova and Lucien cast a curious glance at the two strangers. Nova grinned as he pulled a pokeball off his belt.
    "I would be glad to have a battle! Let's see…I choose Machoke!", Nova said as he tossed a pokeball skywards. The guy grinned confidently upon seeing Machoke. "Let's get started, shall we? Machoke, go in for a Karate Chop! Don't forget what we practiced!", Nova ordered, with a slight grin on his face. Machoke launched himself towards the opposing fighter, and a swift chop followed. Hitmonchan grunted as he blocked the attack, then followed up with an uppercut, but Machoke was already far out of reach, the jump back had been executed perfectly. As expected, both trainer and pokemon were thrown off by this, which gave time for another attack. "Use Mega Punch!", Nova ordered. As Machoke dashed across he field to Hitmonchan once again, the opponent quickly collected himself, then took a defensive stance once again, but the trainer had other plans in mind.
    "Counter it", the guy commanded confidently. As Machoke released the powerful punch, Hitmonchan batted Machoke's arm aside, then launched a punch of his own, sending Machoke smashing into the ground on the other end of the field. Nova cried out as Machoke flew, and when Machoke regained his footing, he was looking considerably tired out, 'How strong is this pokemon?', Nova couldn't help but wonder.

Meanwhile, Houndoom was watching the battle, and the egg had started cracking once more.
    "Hey, dude. Your Machoke is pretty good, but I doubt it has the strength to beat my Hitmonchan, he just owned a Machamp!", Nova gasped at what the trainer just said, but then regained his composure and ordered Machoke to throw some rocks at Hitmonchan, borrowing from what Brock's Graveler. Machoke looked at Nova questioningly, and Nova made a punching motion at the ground. Machoke grinned as he understood, then smashed his fist to the ground, and withdrew some large boulders and hurled them towards the opposing fighter. Hitmonchan was slightly thrown off by the tactics being employed, but quickly adapted after being hit by a few. No more hit him after that. Skillfully dodging the rocks, Hitmonchan closed the distance between him and Machoke in no time flat. "Hitmonchan, Sky Uppercut!"

Machoke grinned as he jumped back out of range, and as Hitmonchan was still in the middle of the attack, he launched a Mega Punch, and his opponent flew.
    "Get up, you can't lose to a Machoke! You just beat a Machamp! This'll be the last hit, go for Mega Punch!", the guy called, noting that Hitmonchan was panting heavily.
    "Machoke, give this one your all too, Mega Punch!", Nova replied, also seeing that Machoke was in a similar state as Hitmonchan.
    "Machoke!", "Hitmon…CHAN!", the two pokemon yelled as they charged energy into their fists, and charged towards one another. As the fists collided, a slight boom was heard, and the two were locked together by the fists, neither side willing to give in.

As Houndoom watched the battle enter the final stage, the egg cracked once more. But a bright light soon followed the last crack, and a pair of eager eyes watched the last few minutes of the battle. "Ai! Pom-Pom! Aipom!!", the hatched pokemon cried out, it seemed drawn in by the battle. Nova and Machoke glanced over at the cry, and understood that the newly hatched pokemon was interested in the fight. Machoke returned his attention to the battle, and overwhelmed the fighter with a final burst of strength; Machoke had no plans for letting the pokemon witness a defeat on his side. The baby pokemon looked down at what he was standing on, and patted Houndoom on the head endearingly. Houndoom snickered at the pokemon on his head, then lowered his head to allow the pokemon to get down. The pokemon removed itself from its spot rather clumsily, it was just a baby after all.

Nova grinned at his fighting type, then motioned for Machoke to go over to the pokemon.
    "Hey, good battle! I would pay more attention, but I have better things to be doing, sorry!", Nova said as he jogged over to his pokemon.
    "No problems, good match. I'll see you at the competition, I hope.", the guy said, then returned his fighter and jogged off. The guys words barely registered as Nova watched his newly hatched pokemon. Pulling out his pokedex, Nova learned that it was called an Aipom, it was male, and was highly acrobatic. When Nova returned his attention to Aipom, he smiled at the sight. Aipom was hopping up and down at his pokemon's feet, and making punching motions with his tail, 'Heh, he must think he's a fighter like Machoke…funny little guy', Nova grinned, then the pokedex beeped. Opening it, Nova discovered that newly hatched pokemon often bonded with the first bunch of people it meets very fast, thinking of them as family, being the first things they see in the world. Lucien wandered over, and the baby monkey began crying, causing him to back up a few feet, startled. Aipom dried his tears when Lucien left, and occupied himself with jumping around happily, although clumsily.
    "Good job, Machoke. Let's heal you up!", Nova said, shifting his attention to his pack, pulling out a potion.

Aipom watched curiously as Nova sprayed the potion over Machoke's wounds, and hopped around happily once the treatment was through. Machoke stood and flexed, clearly renewed by the potion, although Nova had a sneaking suspicion that he was trying to show off for the baby. Aipom took no special notice however, and climbed on top of Houndoom's head; he seemed to like it there. Nova wandered over to the shade again, and the pokemon followed behind. Aipom was already asleep, 'You're an interesting fellow, that's for sure…'

Fear_the_Lapras

Normal/Ice Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Feeling warmth on his body, Farran awoke to the light of the morning sunrise shining through the window of his room. Yawning, he stretched and cracked his neck, trying to get rid of the strange aches he felt. He noticed that he was not on his bed but sitting on the floor, so that might have had something to do with his discomfort. A loud snore next to him interrupted his thoughts, and he turned to find his Tyrogue snoozing beside him.

"That's right, this little guy just hatched yesterday," Farran said to himself. With a small smile, he pulled out a Pokeball and commanded his Tyrogue to return. After the beam of light had stored it safely back inside, he stretched again and looked at the clock. It was 8:00 AM exactly, which surprised him, as he never was really an early riser. Well, he did feel better, so he decided to go down to the lobby.

Nurse Joy was at the reception counter, and looked up cheerfully as Farran walked in. "I suppose you had a good rest sitting down?" she joked. Embarrassed, he scratched his head. The nurse giggled a bit, then plopped down a tray with two Pokeballs in it on the counter. "Anyway, here's your Pokemon, fully healed and ready to go. Don't push them too hard, ok?"

"Thanks, I'll try not to." As he claimed his Pokemon, a small poster on the wall behind Nurse Joy caught his eye. It had a lot of flashy words and pictures on it, but he couldn't discern what it said.

"Something bothering you?" Nurse Joy's voice snapped the Trainer out of his reverie. He laughed, caught off guard. "Yeah, I was just wondering what that poster said. It looks like something interesting…"

"Oh that? That's the poster for the Mount Moon tournament. Hm… it seems like it's going to be held soon… around tomorrow."

"A tournament!" Farran's eyes widened. Sounds interesting, he thought. If I want to get stronger, I'm going to have to fight a lot more opponents than I have so far. "How do you get in?" he asked.

"It seems that you need a badge to enter… well, there is a Gym here, so if you don't have one, you can challenge him. But it seems you'll have to be fast, as the bus from this city to Mount Moon leaves at midday today."

"Today?!" Farran exclaimed. If he wanted to register in the tournament, he needed to have a gym badge before midday. Good thing I woke up so early, he thought. Alright then. He pocketed his Pokeballs and turned to leave. "Again, thanks. I'm going to the Gym, so I might be back later to heal up before I get on the bus. Anything you can tell me about the Gym Leader of the city?"

"Hm… his name is Nathan, and he's pretty new. But don't drop your guard because of that, he's still very strong. He likes the Normal type."

"Thanks for the info. I'll see you later." With a wave, he exited the Pokemon Center and headed to the center of the city, to where the Gym was. As he walked, he thought about what the nurse had said. Apparently, the Leader uses Normal Pokemon… I have some Normal Pokemon myself as well. This will be interesting.

A few minutes later, he arrived at the doors of the Gym. Taking a deep breath, he pushed them open, wondering what he would find inside.

"Halt kid!" A voice rang out, seemingly everywhere at once. Farran looked around, trying to find the origin of the sound, but he didn't have to wait long. A moment later, a blonde man jumped out from the shadows and landed at the far end of the Gym's field, arms crossed. "So… a new Trainer. A bit older than usual, too. I see…"

A little taken aback by this sudden appearance, Farran nonetheless recovered quickly. "I'm Farran, a new Trainer in these parts. This is the Viridian City Gym, right? Do you know where the Leader is?"

The man smirked. "You're looking at him, kid. I'm Nathan, Leader of the Viridian City Gym. I take it you want to battle me, don't you?"

"Er… that's right." Now that he was here, Farran was having second thoughts about beating this guy. He seemed confident and had an aura of power around him. If all Leaders were like this, he wasn't sure if he could beat them all. But… he clenched his fists. He wasn't going to back down now. If he didn't fight strong Trainers, he would stay weak. He had a goal to fulfill. "Yeah… I would like to challenge you, Nathan, for the badge that you hold."

Nathan grinned widely. "Nice, kid! There were some strong feelings in those words. I like that. A lot of people have been challenging me lately, but not all of them have been able to satisfy me. Let's see if you can." He grabbed two Pokeballs from his belt and pointed them at Farran. "Just be warned, kid, this isn't going to be like your basic fight. There are some rules that need to be followed."

Rules? Farran wondered. How different could it be?

"The rules will be a two on two Pokemon battle… but there's a twist. Your Pokemon have to both be on the field at the same time. In other words, it's a double battle." Seeing Farran's surprised reaction, Nathan laughed. "C'mon, kid! Haven't you heard of double battles before? Don't be getting chicken on me now."

"You don't have to worry about that," Farran shouted back. Of course he had heard of double battles, but he didn't have any experience in them. All the battles he had up to now had been single ones. He was worried, but he shook his head to clear away doubts. He didn't have time to be worried over everything. If he was going to be faced with a challenge, he would wing it, as always. "A double battle it is. Shall we start?"

"I'll start the match!" A man dressed in referee clothing jumped out, seemingly from another dimension, and stood at the side of the field. "The rules are a two on two double battle! The match ends when either side's Pokemon are both unable to continue! Participants, reveal your Pokemon!"

"Where the heck did this guy come from?" Farran muttered. But before he could say any more, Nathan tossed his two Pokeballs into the air. "Go! Miltank and Tauros!"

In a flash of light, two Pokemon appeared on the field. They both were huge and looked powerful. So, a Miltank and a Tauros… I have to fight such strong looking Pokemon? Well, Tyrogue is out of the question, because it just hatched. I'll have to count on these guys for now. He reached inside his pockets and pulled out the Pokeballs he got back from the Center. "Go!" he called. "Orion! Cael!"

In a second, his Zigzagoon and Rattata appeared on the field, looking refreshed and ready to battle. At the sight of the Pokemon, Nathan roared with laughter. "Hah! Such small Pokemon! I'm sure they can fight, but will they be able to survive my Pokemon's attacks? Very interesting, kid. Show me what you've got!"

The referee pulled out two flags and held them up high. "Begin the match!"

"Miltank! Tauros! Body Slam!" At the command, the two Pokemon rushed towards Orion and Cael, aiming to smash into them with their bodies.

"Like I'm going to let that happen!" Farran yelled out. "Orion! Cael! Dodge!" My Pokemon are fast, he thought. Nathan's Pokemon may be strong, but my Pokemon have speed as an advantage. If I work with that, I can have the advantage.

Orion and Cael shot in opposing directions, just in time to avoid the onslaught. Farran grinned… but it quickly faded when Nathan's Pokemon twisted their bodies and charged again at Orion and Cael. What?! They could turn that fast as well?! "Dodge them!" Farran cried out, but this time, even though they jumped out of the way, they still were grazed by the attacks of the Miltank and Tauros. Orion tumbled but jumped to his feet, ready, but Cael seemed to be struggling to stand. Not good! Farran gritted his teeth. He must have not been able to get away fast enough.

"Hah!" Farran looked up to see Nathan smirk. "It seems I've been taken lightly! My Pokemon are strong, but they sure aren't slow! Speed alone isn't going to get you through this."

He's right. Farran shook his head and focused his mind. I need a plan here. Maybe… let's try that.

"Orion! Cael! Sand attack!" Both of his Pokemon dug into the ground and hurled up large amounts of dust at Miltank and Tauros.

"You think that's going to stop them?" Nathan said confidently. "They're used to a little dirt. Tauros! Blow it away with Fire Blast!" Roaring, the Tauros opened its mouth wide and breathed huge flames at the cloud; the heat caused it to dissipate and within seconds, it was gone, revealing… Orion and Cael charging straight at Miltank. "What?"

"You fell for it! That dust cloud was only a distraction!" Farran whipped his hand out and pointed at Miltank, who had been separated from Tauros and was vulnerable to a double attack. "Orion! Cael! Tackle Miltank!" The Pokemon sped towards Miltank like an arrow, colliding with it and causing it to tumble backwards, dazed.

"Heh… nice play, kid! But that won't stop Miltank. Recover with Milk Drink!" A bottle popped out of thin air, and the Miltank started to drink milk from it, looking slightly more refreshed. That wasn't good. He would have to take it out before it could recover anymore. "Quickly! Tackle it again!"

"Like I'm going to let you do that!" Nathan yelled. "Tauros! Giga Impact!" Lowering its head, the Tauros's horns began to glow white, and it charged headlong towards Orion and Cael who were rushing in to attack Miltank. If they kept on going, they would collide, and Farran was sure that both of his Pokemon would be hurt badly.

"Scratch that! Evasive maneuvers!" Orion veered off and ran towards safety, but Cael shot forward still. What is he thinking? Farran thought wildly. "Cael! Stop!"

"Too late, kid!" Just before reaching Miltank, Tauros ran straight into Cael. A cloud of dust whipped up, obscuring Farran's view, and the Tauros kept running until it hit the wall, causing a huge crater to appear.

"Urgh… crap, what happened to Cael?" Because of the dust, Farran couldn't see a thing. He feared the worst for his Pokemon. Why did it keep going, anyway? he wondered.

"Not bad kid… your Pokemon sure has guts. But I'm afraid that wasn't enough. Too bad! Hahaha… what!?"

As the smoke cleared, Tauros was still stuck in the wall, but Cael was nowhere to be seen near it. In fact, as Farran looked closer, he was still where he used to be, close to Miltank! What the…? Farran gasped. He survived… ah, I see now. He crouched down low to the ground to go between Tauros's legs! Amazing!

Cael stood strong, a determined look in his eye. Farran grinned. I have to give this little guy credit. He may be small, but he's scrappy. "Nice going, Cael!" he called out. Cael squeaked happily in response… then started to glow. His shape transformed, and soon a larger, fiercer, orange version of Cael appeared.

View attachment 46174

"No way!" Nathan was shocked. "Your Pokemon dodged Tauros's attack… and it evolved into a Raticate?!"

Farran was shocked as well. Never did he dream that his Pokemon would evolve in a battle! It seemed luck was on his side. Very nice, Cael. A Raticate? Let's see what you can do. Looking back at the Tauros, it was still stuck in the wall. It seemed that it couldn't move directly after the Giga Impact, so Farran saw his chance.

"Orion!" he called. "Headbutt that Tauros! Cael, Quick attack Miltank!" With a growl, Orion sped towards Tauros with his head down. Similarly, Cael bared his large fangs, crouched, and shot towards the Miltank, who was still recovering. Both hit their targets at the same time, causing an impressive thudding sound to reverberate through the Gym.

Tauros and Miltank were hurt badly, but by no means were out. Orion and Cael regrouped in the middle of the field after their attacks, and the opponents were looking dazed but fairly enraged. Farran could see Nathan grinning broadly again.

"Nice moves, kid! That's pretty good, hurting my Pokemon that much. I won't give you a chance to do so again! Miltank! Tauros! Body Slam!" The two responded by charging again, straight at the middle of the field. Farran saw his final opening.

"Orion! Run and lead that Miltank! You too Cael… bait that Tauros!" At his command, Orion leapt in front of the charging Miltank and ran to the left, diverting the Pokemon's path. Cael did the same thing to Tauros, and led it to the right. The opponents were fast, but Orion and Cael were small, so they could run much more quickly.

"What are you doing, kid? You're just delaying the inevitable. My Pokemon will catch up, and then it's game over." Nathan smirked at Farran, but he smirked back. He had his plan, and nothing would distract him.

"Alright! Circle around… and run at each other!" Orion and Cael both turned and sped up in the field, running like mad towards one another. Miltank and Tauros quickly turned and kept their pursuit. Farran grinned. That's good… now just a little closer.

When they were only a few feet away from impact, Farran shouted, "Good! Now spin around and run through their legs!" With his final gambit, Orion and Cael were small enough to crouch down and completely avoid the opponents by going between their legs and out the other side. Miltank and Tauros were fast, but even they were too bulky to stop their momentum and turn back, so they each met each other, smacking together with a satisfying crunch. They both swayed and toppled, struggling to stand.

It's over, Farran thought triumphantly. "Orion! Headbutt that Tauros! Cael, Bite the Miltank!" Orion rushed over to the Tauros and crashed into it, causing it to fall unconscious. Cael used Bite on the Miltank, but even after the damage it took, it was still struggling.

"Tauros is out!" The referee shouted. But Nathan wasn't going to give up yet, it seemed. "Miltank! Milk Drink!"

"What? I have to stop it somehow… a powerful attack… but what?" Farran racked his brains but couldn't come up with anything. Soon, though, he saw Cael's fangs glow white, and he crouched down, ready to spring. A soothing song appeared in his head, and Farran recognized what Cael was trying to do.

"A new attack…? I see! Hyper Fang, Cael!" With a cry, Cael bared its glowing fangs and chomped down hard on Miltank. It let out a howl of pain, but soon stopped and lay down, out cold.

"Miltank is defeated!" the referee exclaimed. "The winner is… Farran!"

Thunderstruck, Farran couldn't believe what he just heard. But he soon smiled and shook his fists in celebration. He had just won his first Gym battle! Pulling out his Pokeballs, he pointed them both at his exhausted but happy Pokemon. "Return guys! You did awesome!" A flash of light, and they were gone. He held his Pokeballs close to him, and then pocketed them. "I'll celebrate with you two later," he promised.

Footsteps in front of him caused him to look up, and he saw Nathan walking towards him. He was smiling, and upon reaching Farran, he offered an open hand. On it was something small and metallic.

"Here kid," Nathan said. "This is the official Tank Badge, to commemorate your win today. Heh… what a great battle! Your planning is top-notch. Never did I think that smaller was better in a match!"

Farran slowly reached out his hand and picked up the badge. It was small, but it felt good to have his first badge in hand. "Thanks, Nathan," he said respectfully. "You were a tough match too. I think that I'll be able to face conflicts head-on now after this battle." With a smile he turned to leave.

"Heh… er, almost forgot. Here, take this as well." Farran stopped to see Nathan pull out a small orb from his pocket. "This here is a TM, an item that will teach one of your Pokemon a new move. This little ball here contains the move Body Slam. It's good for hitting guys hard, and it can paralyze them too! Take it, you deserve it."

Farran grinned. "I'll gratefully accept it then. I hope to see you again someday." Obtaining the TM, he put it inside his backpack and walked out of the Gym, feeling light as air. He smiled and took a look at his badge. "Now, I have my first badge. I can qualify for the tournament now… Oh, but I'll have to heal my Pokemon first. Alright, to the Center it is."

Rushing back to the Pokemon Center, Farran was relieved to see that it was only 10:15. He still had enough time to get to the bus. Seeing him, Nurse Joy rose from the reception counter to greet him. "I see you're back, just like you said. How did it go?"

Holding up the badge was all she needed to see to know what happened. "Great job! Now you can go to the bus. But your Pokemon are probably tired out, so I'll heal them before that."

As she took his Pokeballs, Farran slumped down on a seat and pondered about his first Gym battle. It had been nerve-wracking, but… it had been fun as well. The thrill of competition was very satisfying to him… and with this tournament, he expected there would be strong Trainers there as well. He grinned. It was fine; the stronger his opponents were, the stronger he would get.

An hour later, Farran ran to the place where the bus would be. As he got on, he noticed that there were quite a bit of Trainers already there, and he thought he saw some familiar faces… the fellow Trainers that he had met back in Pallet. He grabbed a seat and waited for the bus to leave, all the while brooding over his Pokemon and the challenges that would lie ahead. Farran smiled to himself.

Bring it on.

Last edited:
    Years
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content)

Royal
    The pokeball shakes around for a while ...
    Spoiler:

Feign
    Spoiler:

SwiftSwim
    Spoiler:

Fear_The_Lapras
    Spoiler:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    The Pokeball continued to shake and sweat beads trickled down my forehead. Wiping it away from my head, I called Grotle to my feet as I looked up at the sun that was hot above my head. Suddenly the ball stopped quickly and I smiled, but when I thought it was not completely and I caught it, the ball opened and the Nidoran (M) appeared in front of me. In the corner of my eye, I noticed a purple, red, and yellow snake Pokemon. A Seviper! Turning back to the Nidoran (M), I noticed it had run back into the forest. Just as I was about to curse, the Seviper slithered up and faced Grotle and I, hissing and wanting to battle.

I smiled, "Grotle, why don't we give it a battle," I said. Grotle nodded and stepped forward. The Seviper hissed and smiled, opening its mouth and shooting out several purple spikes. "Bullet Seed," I commanded. Grotle opened his mouth and shot out several seeds. But when they collided with Seviper's Poison Sting attack, the explosion knocked both Seviper and Grotle back.

However, when Grotle got to his feet, the Seviper jumped out and slapped Grotle with its tail in a Poison Tail attack. "Gro," my Pokemon groaned painfully. The Seviper chuckled and then wrapped its long body around Grotle, constricting him. Grotle let out a painful cry and I couldn't stand to hear my Pokemon this way.

I took out his Pokeball and pressed the button. Grotle turned into a red light and was transported into the ball. The Seviper fell to the ground and looked at me with a glare in its eye. It still wanted to battle.

I took out Venusaur's Pokeball and threw it out. In a flash of white light, my powerhouse Pokemon appeared. Seviper seemed to laugh and Venusaur growled.

"Vine Whip," I said. Venusaur growled and two large vines pulled up from under his giant green leaves. They struck the Seviper and knocked it back, only to wrap around and constrict it.

"Se, se," the snake Pokemon hissed painfully. Then it looked at the vines and sunk its fangs into them.

"Venu," Venusaur growled. He unwrapped the Seviper and pulled its vines over to inspect them. Then, it looked back at Seviper and its pink bulb started to glow white.

"No Venusaur," I shouted. "Don't use Solarbeam." But it was too late – Venusaur shot the large beam of light at the Seviper. It engulfed the snake in white light and when it cleared, the Seviper was barely up. Venusaur fell to his stomach as I took out a Pokeball and threw it at the snake. I watched it as it was engulfed into the ball. The indicator flashed while it shook continuously…

Years
    Soon Shelby came upon an odd sight. Mijaan was fighting a Machamp with King. Shelby watched the battle, and her eyebrows shot up with King evolved. Eevee opened one of her eyes to watch the battle, but was so tired that she eventually fell back to sleep in Shelby's arms. Once King had won, Shelby stood transfixed by the previous battle. Then she noticed Mijaan was walking away. She called out to him, and jogged up to him. He turned and looked at her, King doing the same.

"Hey! I saw that battle," she said, panting slightly. Eevee's fur was making her even warmer. "Nice job!" Shelby said enthusiastically. Mijaan had a small scowl on his face, and this caused Shelby to frown. "What's wrong?" she questioned.

"Nothing," Mijaan muttered, a bit crossly. King looked up at him curiously. Then Mijaan recalled King with a small sigh. It then dawned on Shelby that Mijaan probably wanted the element of surprise about King evolving. Why is it that I seem to always to that? She wondered with a deeper frown on her face. Eevee stirred and scooted closer to her. Then Mijaan brought his Eevee out and set him on his shoulder. Eevee squeaked and then clambered on top of Mijaan's head. Then Mijaan noticed Shelby's Eevee. "What happened?" he asked.

"Eevee had her first battle," Shelby replied, a proud edge to her tone. "She won, but she got a little beat up in the process." Shelby looked back down at Eevee.

"Oh," Mijaan said.

The rest of the way wasn't as eventful. There was a wild Pokémon here and there, so Shelby figured she might go back outside Mt. Moon before the tournament to train her Pokémon. Eevee was asleep in her arms, seeming to have been lulled by Shelby's footsteps. She looked down at the little Pokémon. I wish you didn't have so many choices to evolve into, Shelby thought. Eevee stirred slightly, but other than that she stayed in her slumber. Mijaan was mostly quiet the whole way, but they occasionally said some random stuff.

A few minutes later, he and Shelby were standing just outside Mt. Moon. When they looked around, they noticed many things. There was a large dome with what seemed to be a billion people surrounding it. Shelby saw that some of them had pokeballs, while the others just looked like they were enjoying the food stands and all of that. Wow, Shelby thought as she walked in a daze-like state towards the Pokémon Center with Mijaan following her. She knew that as soon as she was done getting her Pokémon healed, she was going to take Quilava and Eevee out for some fun. Too bad Nidoking's so big, Shelby thought as they handed Nurse Joy their pokeballs.

She went over and sat down to wait for a little bit. The smell of food rose over her, and her stomach growled. Oh man, I really want to get out there. I'm so hungry! She thought as she waited anxiously. Her foot tapped on the floor, until finally Nurse Joy called her over and handed her Pokémon back to her with a smile on her face.

"I hope you enjoy the tournament," Nurse Joy called as Shelby walked out the doors. Mijaan said that he had some stuff to do, so he stayed behind. Shelby said thank you to Nurse Joy and then bye to Mijaan before she jogged out of the Pokémon Center, ready to hit the food stands.

Before she did that, however, she called Quilava and Eevee out of their pokeballs. She saw a flier that was lying on the ground and picked it up. Quilava and Eevee cocked their heads to the side, watching as she read all of the many things they could do. Wow…and I have to do all of this in one day? Actually, I'd better register first, she thought, glancing down at her watch. It was 9:32 now, so she wanted to get registered so she wouldn't forget about it later.

Eevee leapt up to her arms and scrambled up on her shoulder. Shelby glanced over at her and asked if she was ready to go. Eevee said its name and nodded. Shelby grinned and looked down at Quilava who agreed. She flipped the flier over, and found a map pointing to where everything was. Lucky me, she thought as she saw that the registration counter was in the Pokémon Center where Nurse Joy was. She quickly turned around and walked back inside, tugging out her Pokedex. When she got through the doors, she noticed that Mijaan had disappeared. Vaguely wondering where he went, she rang the bell at the counter.

"Back so soon?" Nurse Joy asked, clearly thinking she had already gotten in another battle.

Shelby smiled and shook her head, "No, but I didn't realize that you need to register for the tournament here." Nurse Joy nodded and shuffled around some papers, before finally grabbing a clean one. Shelby saw four names—Mijaan, Jess, Gav, and Ant. It appeared that Ant was using Ivysaur, Charizard, and Pikachu. Gav was using Flareon, Pidgeotto, and Wartortle. She couldn't see the paper that had Jess's registration though.

"Have you decided what Pokémon you're going to use in the tournament? Your friend already registered and went off to his room," Nurse Joy conversed. "I will place all three in the different rounds you have them set up for."

Shelby thought about it long and hard. She considered Gav and Ant's Pokémon for a minute. She picked Nidoking, Raichu, and Quilava to battle in the tournament for her. Then she leaned toward Nurse Joy, and whispered her choice for the first round. Nurse Joy nodded as she got them all down. Shelby mentally apologized to Pidgeotto, and decided to get in some good battling with it before the tournament for compensation. First though, she was totally going to check out the food.

Her feet carried her to the food section. There were a lot of booths with many different things. Shelby glanced around, and then finally walked up to one that had the longest line. Longest line means the best food, she thought as she fished out her badge case from her backpack. Quilava looked up at her and Eevee yawned. Right, I need to get them some food too, Shelby thought, making a mental note to do that once she had gotten her own. Finally the line was gone, and Shelby quickly showed the guy her badge. He nodded and smiled at her, asking what she'd like.

"Two hotdogs, please," she said. Her stomach growled. Soon the guy handed her the two hotdogs. Eevee perked up at the sight of the food, and Shelby had a rather tough time holding the two hotdogs away from Eevee. "You'll get your food in a second," Shelby said, leaning her cheek on Eevee's body to keep her from leaping towards the hotdogs. She walked to a booth that had different assortments of Pokémon food. It seemed to have at least one of every kind.

"What can I do ya for?" the man asked, turning towards her.

Shelby spotted each of her Pokémon's faces on the little labels, so she told the guy. He nodded when she showed him her badge. Holding the one and a half hotdogs (she was hungry, ok?) and the Pokémon food, Shelby went a little ways away from the other people and towards a picnic looking area. There was plenty of space here, so Shelby let all of her Pokémon out of their pokeballs. She noticed that Nidoking attracted a lot of stares from children.

"Ready for breakfast, guys?" Shelby asked as she poured the food into the recyclable bowls that had come with it. Nidoking's was the largest, and provided a bit of a struggle for Shelby to pour it all. Finally she was done, and they all sat down to eat.

She looked at all of her Pokémon. They seemed to be a very close knit circle, but then Shelby thought about something. What if I want another addition to my team? She wondered. She thought of the dragon Pokémon she had heard of. I mean I don't think I could have the heart to get rid of any of these guys, but…she trailed off in her own mind, pushing the thought away. Quilava suddenly looked up at her and trotted over. With a curious look in its eye, it gazed up at her.

"Reading my thoughts now?" she asked in amusement.

"Lava!" Quilava cried happily. He trotted back over to his food and began to much on it once more.

Shelby finished her hotdogs and then set her chin on her knees, watching them silently. Soon a shadow descended over her. She looked up and saw a guy standing there looking at her Pokémon. She said hi to him slowly, and he looked down at her with a startled and nervous look. There was a small Pokémon with him. Shelby brought out her Pokedex and got the information. Larvitar? What the heck is a Larvitar? She wondered as she snapped her Pokedex shut and put it away.

"Sorry, Larvitar and I were just…well…nice Pokémon," the guy sputtered. Shelby's eyebrow rose and a funny expression appeared on her face.

"Er…thanks?" she said, making it sound like more of a question. "You can sit down, I guess," she said. What the heck is this dude doing? She thought.

"Wow I probably sound either really dumb or really gay," the guy commented as he plopped down. Shelby glanced at him, and saw that his brown hair flopped into his eyes but flipped up at the ends. His eyes were a clear green, almost silver, with a darker rim of green around them.

"Well…maybe," Shelby agreed with a grin on her face. "My name's Shelby," she said, extending her hand.

"Hunter," he replied. "So is this your whole team?" he asked curiously. Shelby nodded in reply and gazed back at them. "I only have three Pokémon. I don't think I'm going to enter the tournament though. Larvitar is just a baby, after all," he commented.

"Yeah, I see what you mean," Shelby agreed. "So what are your other two Pokémon?" she questioned.

"I have a Metapod that I raised from a Caterpie and a Totodile," he said. Suddenly Larvitar cried out and tugged on Hunter's sleeve. "Oh! Well, looks like Larvitar's hungry," Hunter said. "Maybe we could battle later?"

"Yeah, sounds cool," Shelby agreed.

He grinned and picked up Larvitar. Then he walked off and they disappeared into the crowd.

Marshtomp walked up to Shelby and sat down next to her. Shelby rubbed the Pokémon's head. She had only really battled once with Marshtomp, so she figured she owed it to him to battle with him as well. I promise I will, she thought, making a mental note to use them in a battle.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    As soon as Mijaan seperated from shelby, he quickly grabbed nurse joy's shirt and pulled her towards him as she was busy filing some sheets. Eevee ontop if his head was slightly startled as this happened, the little brown pokemon looked on curiously.
    "HEY!" She yelled as she slapped his hand. "Stop that!" She angrily scalded him but he wasnt having any of it. He held on and grinned at her as he began to demand stuff. Chansey in the background was alert and watched on.

"Look! I need you to register me for the tournament quickly!" He turned glared at shelby as she walked away, he could see her outside looking around at all the stalls. "I don't want her to know what pokemon I'm using!!" He turned towards the nurse and he clenched his fist tighter as he had hold of her shirt. She brushed him off and smiled.

"Alright.. Alright. Give me your pokedex a second." She took the dex from him and flipped it open, pressing a few buttons, Mij's information came up on the screen and she began to write things down. She opened her eyes widely and smiled at him again. "Alright... What three pokemon will you use for the tournament?" She asked. Mijaan had already predetermined this, originally his plan was to use Princess, but since he'd used her in his gym battle he was definately going to give king a shot.

"Eevee is just a baby, so i'm going to have him skip this tournament! But I'd like my Umbreon to take part.. and Seadra!" He grinned as she wrote his pokemon down. "And my Nidoran.. Wait! I mean Nidorino! His name is king!" The grin on his face was beaming as the nurse jotted his final choice down.

"Alright!" She tore off a peice of paper and pulled out another form, on the form it had details about the first round. "Here, write down your choice of pokemon for the first round as you'll only be using one pokemon!" She pointed at a little box and passed him a pen. He looked over his shoulder and glared at the trainer behind him, not noticing who it was, he quickly jotted down his choice of pokemon.

"Alright!" She smiled as she passed him his wristband and participants pass. "Would you like anything else?" Mij grinned to himself and just simply pointed towards the room keys. He wanted to speak with his pokemon in private. Nobody could know his plans.

He took a key for a room and waved at the nurse as he quickly ran towards the room. He spend an hour behind closed doors speaking to his pokemon about his strategy for the battle and why he was using who he was using. Princess was happy to step out and let king take some of the glory this time, which made things much easier. After he returned all of his pokemon other than Eevee and Umbreon, he quickly ran passed the desk and threw the key into nurse joy's hand and ran out the door.

"RIGHT!" He shouted, catching far more attention than he'd hoped for. He felt slightly embarrassed and quickly began walking towards the stalls. Eevee leaped off his head, onto Umbreon's back who was at first starled but then rolled around on the ground playing with him. Mij stopped in his tracks and started laughing at his pokemon who were play fighting with eachother. "Come on!" He said as he patted his two pokemon. They smiled.

*Rumble...* Mij grabbed his stomach. Eep! He looked at his pokemon and they nodded at him, Umbreon looked over to a burger stand and Mij's eyes opened wide as he saw a sign reading

[ Pokemon and Trainer food FREE ]
    [
    To Trainers with gym badges! ]

"YES!" he yelled as he ran towards the burger stand, they also had pokemon food in the back. He raised his eyebrow as he realised the pokemon food was mixed with berries also. He flashed the badge at the stand guy and the guy smiled. Mij began; "Uh.. I have a Dark Pokemon, A Normal pokemon, Two poison and a water pokemon! I'll take the best you got for em!" He grinned as the store guy simply dropped boxes of pokemon food into his backpack. "And, can i get a cheeseburger! Oh! And do you have any pepperoni! And onions yeah! Oh and some chillis! Oh and give me extra cheese please! Infact throw two burgers on it!! Oh and some fries and ketchup...." the list went on.

Mij's pokemon stepped back as his onslaught of words ripped through the Burger guys' ears, but after taking everything in, the burger man simply smiled and made a very delicious looking burger exactly how Mij had asked, aswell as some fries covered in ketchup.

"Thank you so much!" Mijaan smiled happily and took a bite of his burger.The three of them headed towards some of the stalls and one particular stall took Eevee's attention. He ran off through the crowds and Umbreon reacted instantly.

"HEY! Come back!!" Mijaan shouted spilling fries all over the ground as he ran to catch up to his pokemon in the crowds. He found Umbreon holding onto eevee by the scruff of the neck and umbreon tossed him towards Mij, who caught him in his arms. Eevee smiled and looked up at his trained who just blinked and laughed. He then looked up at the stall and liked what he saw. Eevee climbed onto his head again and looked on happily.

[Evolution Stones for Tokens!]

"Tokens?" he questioned as he ran towards the stall and banged on the desk. "HEY!" he shouted into the back and a nice old lady came out and smiled at him.
    "I'm sorry." She said. "This stall is for participants only. Little boys like you-" she began to spoke and mij angril smacked the desk again.
    "LITTLE!? Who are you calling so little? I'm not that short!" He glared. "And i'm a participant, LOOK!" He showed her his pass and his wristband, she simply smiled.
    "I apologise little boy." she said, Mij's eye began to twitch again. "You're so short i just-"
    "HEY!" He shouted and started to flail his arms, but umbreon grabbed hold of his leg and pulled him back. "I am not THAT short!!"
    The old woman calmly explained that to get an evolution stone, you need 3 winners tokens. Winners tokens are presented to participants each time you win a round. This was fine, Mijaan was going to win the tournament anyway.

As he walked away, chewing on his burger, he looked for somewhere to set down his pokemon. One by one he sent out Seadra, King and Princess and opened his bag. He took out each bag of food and opened them and all of the pokemon stuck their heads in and began to eat. Pawing out some of the food.

"I should have got some bowls i guess!" Mij laughed as his pokemon devoured the food fast. They were clearly hungry. He watched on as trainers passed by with different pokemon, one had a Charmeleon, One had a geodude. Mijaan scanned plenty of pokemon into his pokedex as they passed by but as he did so, he eyed a familiar trainer passing by. It was missy, the dark trainer. Suddenly she was out of sight, frantically looking through the crowds, he could no longer see her.

'Am I just... seeing things?' he thought to himself as he sat on the ground with his pokemon. They were still eating the food and all clearly enjoying it.

Years
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content)

Royal
    The pokeball shakes around for a while ...
    Spoiler:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    When the Pokeball stopped shaking, I cursed happily out loud. Venusaur panted at my side, sprawled on his stomach. Raising his Pokeball, I returning him to the safety of the device, then walked up to the Pokeball that had Seviper inside and picked it up. I looked at it, and then raised my hand to press the button. The top half opened and out popped the purple, red, and yellow snake. It shouted "Seviper," before slithering over to my feet and wrapping around my legs.

"Whoa, whoa," I shouted, flailing my arms. I fell down to my feet, catching myself on my palms. "Oof," I said painfully as rocks cut into my hands and dirt splattered my shirt.

"Sev," my snake Pokemon laughed happily as it unwrapped my legs and slithered up to my face.

"Yeah, thanks," I said sarcastically as I got to my feet. "You're a bit wild to be a captured Pokemon." Seviper couldn't help but give a smile.

I placed my hands on my hips and looked at Seviper. "How 'bout some training then?" I asked. Seviper nodded as well as shouting its name. Looking around, I noticed a yellow and tan Pokemon gnawing on some grass. I recognized it as a Sandshrew.

I looked down at my snake. "Alright, go use Wrap," I told Seviper. The snake nodded and bent down, slithering through the grass and finally stopping a few feet away from the Sandshrew. The Sandshrew looked at Seviper freaked as the snake wrapped around it and constricted it. The creature let out a squeal of pain and Seviper laughed through a hiss.

"Bite," I said. Seviper quickly bit down on the ground mouse and it cried out. After letting go of it, it flung the Sandshrew forward at my feet. It followed close behind and looked at the Pokeball in my hand then at me.

"You want me to catch it?" Seviper nodded. I shook my head and laughed. "I can't go on a catching spree here. There are so many other places to explore and catch Pokemon at." Seviper wined but didn't protest.

We left the injured Sandshrew where it was and headed up the mountain. Since my other Pokemon were hurt and sleeping in their Pokeballs, I thought it would be best to train Seviper. I wanted to switch him to be my first round Pokemon – possibly.

"Sev, sev," my snake finally caught my attention. I looked at him and noticed he was staring up at a tree. A Pidgey was washing its feathers on a low branch. It didn't seem to see us yet.

"Hmm," I thought. How could Seviper get up there… Maybe a Poison Tail… "Seviper, use Poison Tail on the branch." Seviper nodded and jumped forward, swiping its tail at the branch. In a single hit, the branch gave way and the Pidgey fell.

"Wrap, now," I said. Seviper hissed and constricted its body around the Pidgey, making its cries painful.

"Pi, pi," it cried.

"Throw it," I said quickly. Seviper grinned and unhooked itself, throwing the Pidgey toward a tree with its sword-like tail. The Pidgey hit the tree with a boom and fell to the ground. But the commotion woke up several other Pidgeys. The tiny birds flew into the battle, swooping down at Seviper and trying to protect their brethren.

Seviper hissed as four Pidgeys pecked him. I couldn't stand to watch this. "Seviper, use Poison Tail to swat them away," I shouted. Seviper raised its tail and smacked three Pidgeys down with ease but the last one didn't go without a fight. It swooped around quickly and avoided Seviper's poisonous tail. It dived in once more and pecked Seviper's head. My snake gave a frustrated and painful hiss.

"Seviper, swat it away while it's distracted." I shouted. Seviper quickly raised its tail up and threw it on top of the Pidgey which quickly slammed to the ground. The other three Pidgeys had fled into the woods and their 'leader' stood and continued to fight.

Suddenly, the Pidgey's figure began to glow. It lifted itself into the air and its form grew. Seviper gave an angry hiss as a Pidgeotto appeared.

"Go!" it shouted angrily, swooping down at Seviper and slashing it with the front of its wings.

"Si," Seviper hissed as it was knocked backwards. Seviper crawled back up and hissed angrily at the brown bird with a red hair-do.

"Poison Tail," I said.

But before Seviper could strike, I heard a call, "Stop!"

I turned my head as a trainer emerged from the bushes with a Pidgey on his left and his right shoulder. There was also one in his arms and it was fairly injured. "What are you doing to my Pidgeotto?" he asked angrily.

"Oh, uh, your Pidgeotto?" I said surprised. "Uh, Seviper, get back over here." Seviper gave a hiss to the Pidgeotto, and then slithered to me and curled around my feet. "Sorry, I had no idea."

The man called to the Pidgeotto and it flew down and landed next to him, looking worriedly up to the Pidgey in the trainer's arms. "It's fine then," the trainer sighed. "You thought they were wild so I don't see a problem. It was just a simple mistake."

I smiled. "Yeah," I said. "Thanks for understanding."

The man shrugged. "Not a problem,"

The man and I spent the next few minutes talking. He had returned the two Pidgeys on his shoulders but he kept his Pidgeotto out as well as the tiny Pidgey in his hands. The man introduced himself as Tyler. "You see, this Pidgey is one of my Pidgeotto's offspring," he explained. "Pidgeotto evolved to protect it. This is the only one of his offspring I took with me. The rest are at my home. You understand the end for a parent to protect its young, right?"

I sighed. "Yeah, I understand you completely," I said. "I was very protective of my baby Bulbasaur until it evolved. I'm guessing it's the same with Pokemon."

Tyler nodded. "Yes," he said. "That's exactly right."

I cocked my head to the side. "Are you entering your Pokemon into the Mount Moon tournament?"

"Nah," Tyler said, hugging the little Pidgey close. "I'll probably watch, but I'm not the person to compete for prize money and badges. I'm only training my Pokemon to be the best they can be."

Seviper gave a hissy laugh at my side and I shushed him up quickly.

Tyler cleared his throat and got to his feet. The little Pidgey in his hands fluttered forward, staggering in the air but was helped quickly by his daddy Pidgeotto. "It was great meeting you Jess," he said. "I'll see you at Mount Moon. I'll be watching," With that, Tyler walked off.

Sighing quickly, I walked forward but quickly fell over Seviper's body. My snake Pokemon gave a grunt and slithered around me. "Yeah thanks," I said sarcastically as I got to my feet. I noticed Seviper laughing. "Just come on," Waving with my hand, I motioned for Seviper to follow. He followed quickly and we both headed for Mount Moon.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    As the evening grew later, Mijaan and his pokemon headed back to the pokemon center.
    "Let's get lots of sleep for tomorrow!" he said. "I wonder who we'll be against in the tournament!" His returned his pokemon one by one as he entered the pokemon center. The center was attatched to the massive dome and had a massive doorway which lead inside the dome. It was currently locked.

Mijaan raised his eyebrow as he realised the center was really busy. He poked a chansey in the arm to get its attention and asked for a room key.
    He turned around and saw the hitmonchan trainer discussing a battle. "...And this nova kid's Machoke was almost as strong as Hitmonchan!" The trainer shook his head. "Still, he didnt beat me though! We're undefeated since we entered the pokemon league last year!"

'Woah..' Mij thought. 'That guy was in the pokemon league tournament... And Nova was tough enough to hold his own against him?'

Turning around and heading down the coridoor, All mij could do was yawn. Before long, he was in a bedroom and sat on the end of his bed. 'I feel really tired' he thought. 'Maybe because of last night.. I should start sleeping indoors' he laughed to himself as he lay down.
    He turned serious for a few seconds when he thought of that Hitmonchan trainer. He looked really tough. King only just beat that Machamp, the one that lost against Hitmonchan.

The tv in Mijaan's room blinked on by itself and it began to announce something.

Most of the first round has been predetermined. Here are a list of trainers and their opponents.
    "...uuuhhh.." His eyes were wide open as he looked for his name. At the bottom of the screen it had some instructions for logging onto the information database using a Mount Moon computer. They can be found in many different places in the area, apparently. He glanced over to a desk at the otherside of the room, there was a computer there.
    He saw shelby was up against someone called Lola. That name was familiar to him, it was a trainer he'd battled before, Her raichu was quite tough! Upon further inspection he saw his opponent was someone called Malekaii.

"Malekaii eh?" He leaped up and turned the computer on in his room. Eventually connecting to the tournaments online system, then placed his keycard inside the computer which logged him on automatically.

"Alright!" He said as he clicked the on-screen button labelled 'Opponent'. It came up with some information about the battle, aswell as the randomly selected Arena.

WATER ARENA : 9:30AM

Mijaan

Umbreon
    Seadra
    Nidorino (King)

VS

Malekaii

Raticate
    Monferno
    Gyarados

It had pictures of the pokemon that both trainers have registered for the tournament, but mentioned nothing of either trainer's choice for the first round.
    "That's good" he sighed a breath of releif. "I dont want anyone to expect what i have in store for them!" He knew what pokemon he'd already selected and he was glad of his choice.
    'Doesnt look like I made a bad decision then..' he thought.

Just then, he heard a banging on the door.

"MIJ! Open up!!"
    ( ooc: feel free to barge in ;) )

Last edited:

Fear_the_Lapras

Normal/Ice Type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Farran reached into his pocket and brought out the Pokeball that housed his Tyrogue. Looking around the bus, he noticed that many of the Trainers had their Pokemon out, so it wouldn't be strange if he let his out as well. Might as well, he thought. I haven't really had a chance to get to know Tyrogue well, so now seems like a good time. He gave it a little toss into the air.

In a flash, Tyrogue was out and looking quite energetic. He flexed his arms experimentally, and once he caught sight of Farran, he smiled and made some punching motions. It seemed like he wanted to fight.

Fighting is fine, but I really don't want to fight him again, Farran grimaced, thinking about his earlier beating yesterday at the hands of this very Pokemon. "Well, Tyrogue, I'm going to call you Tai. Since you're going to travel with me from now on, you're gonna need a nickname too. Alright?"

"Ty!" The Pokemon exclaimed, and gave a few kicks in the air before tripping and crashing to the ground. Right, this Pokemon may be strong, but it's pretty clumsy. It did just hatch and all, Farran thought. A thought struck him. "Oh, right, I need to know your moves. If only I had a Pokedex… dang Doctor forgot to give us one."

As he shook his head in frustration, Tai seemed to notice something and ran towards Farran's backpack. Reaching in a pocket, he pulled out something small and handed it to Farran. It was a crumpled piece of paper.

"Huh?" Farran said, cocking his questioningly. "I could have sworn that wasn't there before…" Looking in the pocket, it seemed that it had come from a hidden pocket. Feeling a little amazed, he took the piece of paper and read it.

Hey, Trainer! This is Dr. Marley from Pallet! This paper was supposed to be found only when your egg hatched, as it is covered in a scent that only baby Pokemon can smell. Anyway, you lucky Trainer chose the fourth egg, Tyrogue! This particular Pokemon knows Mega Punch, Pound, Karate Chop, and Double Team! So take care of it, and good luck! <3

P.S. It's good for your education if you don't have a Pokedex at the start! You'll get one soon, so don't worry. XD

Instantly, Farran crumpled up the paper and started to shred it into bits. "Why… you… damn… doctor!" he muttered fiercely. "Why didn't you just give us one in the first place, you quack!"

He shook his head, clearing up his rage. "Whatever," he sighed. "Well, at least I know what moves you have, Tai. I'm going to have to train with you, so you can get into shape before the tournament tomorrow." He clenched his fist and raised it high, punching the air. "A fighter must never falter before a challenge! Remember this, Tai!" The Pokemon responded by mimicking his Trainer, punching the sky with a happy cry.

"Hey, you look familiar!" A voice came from behind Farran, interrupting his thoughts. Turning around, he saw a younger kid, with a Pikachu on his shoulder and a Slowpoke dozing next to him. "Er… who are you?" Farran asked tentatively.

"Eh? C'mon, you remember me, right? I'm one of the Trainers that began in Pallet with Dr. Marley! You were there, too!"

"Ah, right." He did remember this kid as one of the Trainers with him at the start of his journey. "So, uh… hi. The name's Farran. And you?"

"Elliot!" The kid responded with a confident grin. "Twelve years old, and the one who will be the greatest Trainer ever! I beat Nathan, you know!" He whipped out a case and proudly showed off the Tank Badge sparkling in it.

Farran was a little surprised by Elliot's energy. "Er, you know, I have his badge too." He reached into his bag and pulled it out. "You know, this bus goes to the tournament, and you need a badge to qualify, so it's a good guess that most everyone on the bus has a badge too."

"Say what?!" Elliot seemed to freeze, but quickly regained his posture. "Uh, right! Of course I know that! I just was caught up in the moment!" He laughed, but then paused to inspect Farran. "Anyway, you're pretty tall, and look too old to be a beginning Trainer. Just how old are you?"

"I'm seventeen…" At Elliot's stare, Farran coughed embarrassedly. "Well, it's a long story. Er, it's nice to meet a fellow beginner."

Elliot grinned. "Well, duh! It's always good to meet new people." He paused to think for a bit, and looked at the Slowpoke dozing at his side. A light seemed to flash in his thoughts, and he turned back to Farran. "The bus isn't going to leave in another hour, so why don't you and I have a match? We're both going to the tournament, so why don't we warm up for it? A one on one match, so it doesn't take too long. What do you say?"

"A match?" Farran said thoughtfully. He glanced down at Tai, who was bouncing on his toes, ready for action. He smiled. It's a good chance to battle with Tai and see what he can do. "All right then, I accept. Although…" He glanced around the bus, and noticed it was packed with people. "Where can we fight? It seems pretty crowded in here…"

Before he could say anymore, a man popped out next to the two Trainers. "If any Trainers on the bus would like to battle, there is a second floor on the bus exclusively for that purpose. Now, if you'll follow me, I'll show you the entrance." Pushing a button, a small flight of stairs extended down from the bus's ceiling and clunked to the floor.

"Wow…" Farran was amazed. "So that's why the bus was so big…" He looked at Elliot, and he was similarly thunderstruck.

At the man's gesture, Farran and Elliot climbed upstairs. It was spacious, with no obstacles, and the walls all looked like they were made with reinforced steel. "At least then we can't dent the sides during a match," Farran muttered with a small smile. Both Trainers got up and went on opposite sides of a small marked field.

"Okay, a one on one match. I'll be using my Tyrogue, alright?" Farran called.

"Fine with me!" Elliot said, arms crossed. "I'll use my Slowpoke, then. Hey, Lentus! Come here!"

When they went up, Slowpoke had followed, but now it just lay down and didn't seem to have any motivation to move at all. "Slooow…." It sighed. Elliot put a hand on his forehead.

"Uh, is everything all right?" Farran asked.

"Yeah, it's fine. It's just this guy sometimes just does things on his own. Argh, hey! Lentus! It's a battle!"

At his Trainer's words, the Pokemon slowly got up and plodded toward him, facing Farran. Farran glanced down at Tai. "Okay, Tai, you're up. Show me what you can do." With a cry, Tai jumped from Farran's side and onto the field, facing the Slowpoke, clearly ready for a fight.

"Begin!" Both Trainers shouted.

"Lentus! Water Gun!" At his command, the Slowpoke opened its mouth and let loose a stream of concentrated water at Tai.

"Tai! Dodge it!" Farran commanded, but it looked like Tai had other ideas. He lowered his stance and aimed a punch at the water. His attack hit the stream head on… and stopped it for a second before getting knocked back, tumbling head over heels.

"Ugh… Tai, you can't block everything with a punch," Farran sighed. Tai looked a bit dazed, but got up and assumed a fighting stance again, ready for more. "Okay then, it's our turn! Tai, Karate Chop!"

Tai leapt high into the air and descended, his hand poised like a knife, ready to bash the enemy.

Elliot had other ideas. "Lentus! Dodge and Tackle it!" The Slowpoke yawned, and rolled over just in time to get out of the way of Tai's attack. It got back on its feet, and sprang, aiming to hit Tai with its full body.

That Slowpoke deceived me! Farran thought, impressed. It may not look smart, but it's actually quite cunning. "Tai! Double Team!" Tai straightened up, and created five copies of himself. The enemy Slowpoke crashed through one of them, and it vanished.

"Grr… a fake!" Elliot shouted. "Fine then. Just Water gun all of them!"

The Slowpoke paused… and instead of unleashing a Water Gun, its eyes glowed and the copies vanished, because Tai was glowing as well and was lifted off the ground.

"Psychic power?!" Farran gasped. "Tch, that's not good. Tai! Focus your mind and shake it off!" Tai was struggling wildly, but stopped and calmed himself. Soon, he stopped glowing, and landed in a crouch on the ground.

"Lentus! You were supposed to do Water Gun… Aaah, whatever! Just use Confusion, then!" Elliot pointed at Tai, grinning.

"Not good. Tai, dodge to the left, and ready a Mega Punch!" As the Slowpoke's eyes started to glow, Tai leaped to the left, away from the Slowpoke's sight, and pulled its fist back. It began to glow with power, and Tai leapt at the Slowpoke with a cry. Slowpoke merely seemed confused as to where its enemy had gone.

"Crap! Lentus, watch out!" Elliot yelled. As Tai shot closer to the Slowpoke, it just yawned.

"C'mon, hit!" Farran said, clenching his fists.

(to be continued... :P)

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    (continued from Fear of the Lapras' post)

And hit it did, sending Lentus back to the opposite side of the bus. Elliot looked at his opponent's Pokémon, he didn't recognize it, but it definitely was a fighting type. The Tyrogue, having successfully hit Lentus, was now jumping up and down and cheering.

"Ty ty ty!" it cried.

Its trainer looked a bit distressed, "Follow up with a Karate chop... come on, before it gets up."

"Hurry Lentus, get up, and send it another Confusion attack!" Elliot called back to his Pokémon.

This seemed to have gotten back its senses, and ran back into the battle field. He then used confusion, eyes glowing; he picked Tyrogue up off the ground, which Tyrogue instantly noticed, and now began thrashing about futilely. Then Lentus threw it back a few feet, where it landed on its back and was still thrashing about.

While this all had been happening, Iggy (the Charmander) got up from its spot behind Elliot, and started walking towards the battle field, its tail glowing brighter, as though wanting to fight. Toni immediately noticed this and jumped from Elliot's shoulder to stop him and explain why he can't fight.

Having not noticed, Elliot continued the battle, "Okay Lentus, now follow up with another water gun."

"Come on, Tai, you'll get a chance to land a good punch, you just gotta calm your mind. Try another mega punch, when you're ready." Farran said.

Listening to its trainer, the Tyrogue decided to "shake it off"; it took a deep breath, and took a few steps forward, just where the water gun attack would have hit, though it still managed to partially hit Tai. It ignored the resultant attack, and again sprang in the air, intent on hitting Lentus.

Thinking concentration for another confusion attack would take too long, Elliot made another plan.

Tyrogue had just reached its apex of attack, and was now heading downwards toward Lentus.

"NOW! Jump in the air with a tackle attack!" Elliot yelled, attempting to get the timing right.

It was right on, both their attacks combined, and the force of which, sent them both flying in opposite directions. They both fell in opposite corners of the bus. Though it was Lentus who had recovered faster. But both Pokémon appeared to be getting tired now.

"Now quick use confusion on it again!" Elliot yelled with delight, he knew he was getting closer to a win.

The Tyrogue had just managed to get up from its attack, when suddenly it was lifted in the air again. This time though, it appeared to be intently struggling against the attack. Finally it landed on the floor again, however it was now confused. It was throwing punches in all directions and even hitting itself in the process.

"Snap out of it Tyrogue, focus! Come on, it's not that hard." Farran said, attempting to aid his Pokémon.

"Okay Lentus, finish it off with a tackle!" Elliot yelled with excitement in his voice.

As though in an understanding manner, Lentus hopped forward, to what looked like a tackle, but then stopped in front of the Tyrogue, as though to watch its thrashing spectacle. When Tyrogue in its confusion landed a surprisingly powerful karate chop on Lentus. This caused Lentus to fall out of the way. Lentus was now breathing heavily, but didn't think anything of the attack.

"Try not to take more damage..." Elliot called, smacking his head. "Just finish it off with a water gun instead."

"Come on Tyrogue, I know you can do it, snap out of it, and show them your full potential like that mega punch you used on me!" Farran yelled, attempting to encourage his Pokémon.

This worked, Tyrogue snapped out of its confusion, and with its last bit of strength, prepared a mighty Mega punch. But it was too late, it got a face full of water gun, making it tumble a few feet back, lying on the ground unable to battle. The battle was over, Elliot had won.

"Oh yeah! We did it!" Elliot was yelling at the top of his voice. "Nice job Lentus!"

Lentus walked over panting quite a bit.

"You were awesome for your first time Tai, I bet if it wasn't a psychic type, you'd have had him flying to the moon." Farran said, walking up, and picking up his Pokémon.

"That was his first battle?" Elliot interrupted their moment, amazed. "I thought for sure I'd be done in, with that last punch, it looked incredibly powerful. Here, I picked this up at the grocery store, some specialty Pokémon food."

Elliot handed Farran some Pokémon food, and he watched as Farran gave it to Tyrogue to eat, who had just opened its eyes. It gave a small punch in the air, as though recognition of its triumph and loss. Elliot also gave some to Lentus, and this seemed to help him recover.

"Myself, I still gotta train my Charmander here." Elliot said, turning around, attempting to look for Iggy.

He noticed Toni was talking to it intently, as though giving some kind of important information. He laughed at the site. He glanced at his watch and realized there was still 15 minutes until they'd leave.

"Well then," Farran said. "I hope that we both find ourselves in the tournament." He smiled, getting up, recalling his Tyrogue, and intending to leave the battle portion of the bus.

"And you'd bet I'll be there!" Elliot said excitedly. He motioned his Pokémon to follow him back outside, all of them following behind him. He decided to buy a Postcard in the mean time, at the shop just next to the bus stop, to give an update to his aunt, as he had realized that he had not phoned her yet. He'd write it on the bus.

"Okay we will now be departing," The bus driver announced. "Please make your way in now, if you wish to leave your Pokémon out of its ball, please stay in the viewing gallery, on the 2nd floor of the bus. Otherwise please be seated on the first floor. Also, for those wishing to have a Pokémon battle can do so on the third floor of the bus. The current travelling time will be approximately 2 hours."
    Elliot filed on to the bus, with his Pokémon, and went upstairs to the viewing gallery, and sat and leaned against the wall of the bus. He saw Farran on the first floor sitting down at one of the seats. Elliot thought he might visit him later.

The bus then departed for Mt. Moon.

Last edited:

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
    Years
    Nicky awoke in the same room as he did the previous morning. He washed again and got changed. He stuffed his stuff into his bag and slung it over his shoulders. He left the room and walked down the corridor into the main hall of the Pokemon Centre. He quickly got his pokemon from Nurse Joy and left the Pokemon Centre. He had heard about a bus going straight to a tournament at Mount Moon. It would leave at Noon. The only thing he wanted was to enter the tournament. But to enter he needed just one gym badge.

He left the Pokemon Centre and made his way towards the gym. He realized that he had a pokemon that would prove useful against both of Nathan's pokemon. Both Miltank and Tauros are Normal and his Mankey is Fighting. As Nicky ran up the steps of the Gym he hoped that Mankey could control itself.
    Nicky burst into the Gym, startling Nathan who was doing some training with his Miltank.

Nathan saw it was Nicky and smiled to see Nicky back again so soon.
    "Ahh Nicky! I trust you had a good night's sleep?" Nathan said almost cocky.
    "I did. Thanks!" Nicky replied back happily ignoring Nathans cockiness, "I did some thinking as well and I think I can beat you today!"
    "Oh really? With your Magikarp and Metapod again?"
    "You're going to have to wait and see!" Nicky said unhooking two poke balls from his belt, "I, Nicky of Pallet Town challenge you, Nathan, the Viridian Gym Leader to a gym battle for a badge!!"
    Nathan raised an eyebrow in anticipation.
    "You really mean it don't you?" Nathan said stepping up to his side of the arena.
    "Of course! Are you up for it?"
    "Well alright then. You've got yourself a battle!!" Nathan said pulling out Tauros' poke ball. Tauros appeared in a flash of light. "Ok guys, we got Nicky again and this time we're gonna make it even quicker than yesterday!"
    Both Miltank and Tauros nodded and looked determined as ever. Nicky knew that it was still going to be tough but Mankey is tough too.

He threw his poke balls up in the air.
    "Let's go guys!!" Nicky shouted as Mankey and Metapod both appeared in the blinding light from the poke balls. Nathan saw Mankey and was surprised.
    "Let's see you how you react under pressure!!" Nathan said quickly, "Miltank Body Slam on Metapod! Tauros! Use Fire Blast on Mankey!"
    Miltank immediately charged for Metapod and Tauros started flaming at the mouth. Nicky knew what to expect and knew exactly what to do.
    "Metapod! Use Harden! Mankey dodge the Fire Blast and use Karate Chop to Tauros!"
    Metapod hardened its skin and Miltank landed on top of Metapod using its stomach like the last time. The Miltank again recoiled from Metapod rubbing its stomach. Tauros shot a blast of fire towards Mankey and it dodged the blast easily. Mankey quickly made for Tauros and slammed it in the face with a Karate Chop. The Tauros fell onto its back in pain.
    "Good one Mankey! Now use Fury Swipes on Tauros! Try and use String Shot on Miltank like last time Metapod!!" Nicky barked out as his pokemon did what he said. Metapod shot a String Shot at Miltank, binding it again. Mankey was using Fury Swipes on the fallen Tauros. The Tauros seemed to cry out in agony. Tauros suddenly got angry and kicked its legs. Mankey got caught by one of its legs and went flying.
    "Tauros are you alright?" Nathan asked his injured pokemon. Tauros nodded as it got to its feet and waited for more instructions. "Ok Tauros use Giga Impact on Metapod! I don't want Miltank tangled up all the time again!"
    Tauros started for Metapod already before Nicky could check on Mankey.
    "Metapod stop String Shot and use Harden again!" Nicky shouted as he ran over to Mankey, "Are you alright buddy?"
    "Maaaaaannnkk!!" Nicky could see it was getting angry. He decided to not say anything. "Ok Mankey use Focus Energy. And quick! Miltank is tied up at the moment; it's the perfect time to hit it with a Karate Chop once you're ready!"
    Mankey looked up to Nicky and nodded. Mankey got up and started to use Focus Energy.
    Tauros charged for Metapod with its horns glowing. Metapod hardened its skin and braced itself for the impact. Tauros slammed right into Metapod, goring him right into the air. Nicky watched helplessly as Metapod was thrown into the air.
    "Nice one Tauros! Now use Fire Blast on it while it's in the air!" Nathan quickly shouted.
    Suddenly Mankey shot past Nicky, jumped into the air and slammed its fist down onto Tauros' back. The Tauros buckled to its knees as Mankey used another Karate Chop as it fell back down to the ground. Tauros' knees gave away after the second attack from Mankey. Tauros crashed to its side.
    "Mankey! I thought I told you to use it on Miltank!" Nicky shouted angrily.

Then coincidentally Miltank broke free.
    "Miltank! Tauros is in trouble! Help him quick!" Nathan said as soon as Miltank looked to him for more instructions.
    Metapod started to fall down. Nicky had an idea.
    "Ok Mankey! Never mind you did a good job! But listen to me now! Use Karate Chop on Miltank to keep it busy! I don't want it using Milk Drink on Tauros! Metapod use your fall and go for a high powered tackle on Tauros with your skin hardened!"
    Mankey ran and jumped towards Miltank. Mankey shot a fist out towards Miltank but it dodged the attack. Mankey kept using it making sure Miltank couldn't get anywhere near Tauros.
    Metapod used Harden and aimed for Tauros as it fell back to the ground. Metapod slammed right onto the back of Tauros. Tauros writhed around quickly in pain and then stopped as it had fainted.
    "Alright Metapod!!! Using where Mankey hit and hit it again for maximum damage!" Nicky said happily.
    Nathan grimaced and returned Tauros to its poke ball. "You did good Tauros!" Nathan said speaking to the poke ball with Tauros inside, "Ok Miltank!! Give that Mankey a piece of its own medicine! Use Brick Break!!"
    Before Mankey could react Miltank slammed a massive fist down onto Mankey's head. Mankey fell back but the fighting move wasn't going to stop Mankey in its tracks.
    "Ok Metapo...," Nicky cut himself off as he looked over to Metapod and saw Metapod covered in a blanket of light. Nicky gazed at Metapod in awe as it changed form into a Butterfree. The light disappeared and there was Butterfree. Metapod had just evolved.
    "A Butterfree!" Nicky said happily.
    "Reeeee!!" It called happily back to Nicky. Butterfree flapped its wings and was ready to help finish this battle. Nathan almost seemed to look helpless as his chances of winning were decreasing.
    "Miltank use Milk Drink and then Body Slam on Mankey," Nathan said quickly. The Miltank had some of its own milk which quickly healed up any scrapes and bruises. Then it charged towards Mankey.
    "Dodge it Mankey! Butterfree! I don't know what moves you have now but surprise me! Help out Mankey!" Nicky said as Butterfree flew off towards Miltank.
    Miltank jumped into the air and Mankey moved out of the way. Butterfree fluttered its wings and a cloud of yellow powder landed on Miltank, paralyzing it. Miltank landed to the ground with a thump and was immobile.
    "Nice one Butterfree! Ok Mankey use Focus Energy! Then you know what to do!" Nicky said winking at Mankey. Mankey nodded its head sternly and started to use Focus Energy.
    "Ok Butterfree! Show me what other moves you have and use them on Miltank!"
    Butterfree flew high into the air and came down again at full speed. It slammed into Miltank repeatedly, weakening it for the final blow from Mankey. Miltank started to move a bit as the Stun Spore was starting to wear off.
    "Come on Miltank! You can do it!!" Nathan said, shouting out encouragement to Miltank.
    Suddenly Mankey sprinted towards Miltank, jumped and slammed a fist down onto Miltank's head. Mankey quickly slammed its other fist down as well. Mankey landed on its feet ready for Miltank to attack. Miltank had a blank expression on its face then fell backwards. Miltank had fainted and Nathan returned it to its poke ball.
    "Thanks Miltank you did well too!" Nathan said as he placed his poke ball. He walked up to Nicky. "You won Nicky! Congratulations!" Nathan said pulling out a badge out of a pocket. He gave it to Nicky.
    "Alllllriiight!" Nicky said loudly in celebration. He went up to Mankey and Butterfree and hugged them both. "You two were awesome! You did really well!"
    "Reeeeeee!" Butterfree said happily fluttering its wings.
    Maaaankeey!" Mankey exclaimed happily then crossed its arms as if it was nothing.
    "That Mankey of yours is powerful! Normally Miltank and Tauros can sort out the wild ones outside the city. But I think it's that way because you're a good trainer Nicky. So I want you to have something. Follow me." Nathan said walking to a door.

Nicky returned Mankey and Butterfree to their poke balls and hooked them to his belt. Nicky quickly walked to catch up to Nathan. Nathan walked through the door and held it open to let Nicky through. Nathan walked through a corridor and Nicky followed. There were pictures of Nathan with other gym leaders that lined the corridor walls. There was also a picture of Nathan with some of the well-known people in Viridian City. Nurse Joy was in it along with an Officer Jenny and a few others that Nicky didn't recognize.

Nathan opened another door and walked inside. Nicky followed in behind Nathan. The room was pretty much empty apart from a box on a table. Nathan looked inside the box and pull out a round shaped object. When Nathan turned around Nicky could see it was an egg of some kind.
    "It's a pokemon egg. I want you to have it. I don't have enough time these days to look after the egg. And the pokemon that hatches will need someone to look after it," Nathan said handing the egg to Nicky.
    "Well er ok thanks Nathan. What pokemon will hatch?" Nicky said carefully examining the egg.
    "You'll have to wait and see. Oh and I want to give you this as well!" Nathan said smiling as he handed a TM to Nicky. "That TM is Body Slam use it wisely! Now I'm assuming you'll be going to that tournament at Mount Moon? You have a badge so you can enter it."
    "Yeah I'm gonna get on the bus there," Nicky said still holding the egg and placing the TM in his bag.
    "Well you better get moving then!" Nathan said grinning, "It was nice to meet you Nicky! I'm sure I will be seeing you again at some point in the near future."
    "I'm sure you will!" Nicky said shaking Nathan's hand. Nicky left the room and entered the main gym arena again. He walked through the arena hall and exited through the huge doors. He went outside and looked around for the bus to Mount Moon.
    He walked back into the main city. He saw the bus outside of the Pokemon Centre. He walked onto the bus and sat down on a seat towards the back.

(ooc: I know it seems a bit out of place when the other guys above have already got on the bus and such xD lol hope its alright anyway :D)

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content)

Fear_the_Lapras
    Spoiler:

Feign
    Spoiler:

LegendaryPokeBreeder
    Spoiler: