• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Pokemon Energy / Road to the Pokemon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    ...Morning had come to Pallet Town, and Nova was fast asleep. Houndour popped out of his pokeball, and got a mischevious grin on his face, 'An ember will be interesting', he thought. Houndour reared his head back, and just as he was about to let loose, another flash of light came, and Machop materialized.
    "Chop, Machop!", Machop wasn't about to let this go down. Houndour closed his mouth with a sigh, but then pounced on Nova. Nova flailed wildly, and then realized he had just recieved a rude awakening. "Houndour...you'll pay for that one!", Nova said, smoothing out his clothes. Machop sighed as Nova chased Houndour down the hall, and out of the Pokemon Center, then did the same. The chase went on for around 15 more minutes, and the three had just left Pallet Town.

"Houndour, get your tail back here!", Nova yelled, but then a thought occured, "That's fine, keep running, doesn't matter to me if you DON'T GET ANY FOOD!!". Houndour suddenly had an interest in turning around. He went to do a U-Turn, but was too caught up in the moment to notice the rather large Pidgey hopping around, foraging it seemed, and smacked right straight into it at full speed. The Pidgey was sent flying a few yards, and chirped angrily at the dog. Nova and Machop couldn't help but find this to be just desserts for him, but nevertheless ran to Houndour to give a hand. Houndour started laughing uncontrollably, then started rolling in the dirt. "Ehh, it wasn't that funny, was it Machop?", Nova asked. Pidgey had enough of this and had decided to charge at Houndour, at blazing speeds. "Aw, crap a quick attack! Houndour get up!", Nova tried to warn the dog, but the warning never made it in time. Nova and Machop could only watch as Houndour got sent about 5 yards back and crashed into a tree, sending up a cloud of dust. The Pidgey gave a smirk, then hopped towards the dust, slowly.

"Grrrr...", and then an ember came from the cloud, completely catching the Pidgey off guard. But the Pidgey wasn't about to be let off that easy as Houndour emerged from the dust, and tackled the Pidgey savagely. The bird regained its' composure quickly, then sprang into the air, ready for more. Pidgey flew low to the ground and then whipped up some sand, flinging it at Houndour for a Sand Attack.
    "Houndour, get outta the way, that isn't gonna feel too good!", Houndour instead decided to brace itself for the attack, but kept his eyes open. The sand flung into his eyes, and soon he was yelping in pain, and running around the field, panicked. "Agh, I warned him...Machop get in there, would you", Nova said as he recalled Houndour to his pokeball.

Machop ran into the battle zone, and Nova ordered a Karate Chop. Pidgey was still recovering from the shock of seeing Houndour disappear in that red light, how DID he do that?!? Pidgey never even saw Machop coming, a smack in the back smashed the bird into the ground, it was clear Pidgey was out.
    "Hey, good job Machop! I think I'll take a go at this catching thing!", Nova walked over to Machop, gave him a pat on the back, then dropped the pokeball on the Pidgey, and waited for the result.

(OOC:I wonder if we have enough Pidgey in this RP, hmm?)

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Swiftswim
    The pokeball shakes violenty and causes Nova and machop to step back...

Spoiler:

Rumor of the day (Everyone who's visited this location will have heard the rumor):

Random citizen of Pallet Town: I hear you can find Mankeys and Nidoran on the outskirts of Viridian City!!

Last edited:

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    As Nova and Machop watched the pokeball, it started shaking violently, causing the two to step back a few feet. After a few moments of watching, the pokeball reached its' limit and out the Pidgey came, and with it, a bunch of sand. The two had to cover their eyes, and when it settled down, the Pidgey had disappeared. "Ah, dang...Nice try though Machop.", Nova said silently. He smiled at the Machop and then recalled it to his pokeball. Looking around, Nova realized he had no idea where he was, the chase with Houndour went too far out of Pallet...

Nova stuck his finger in a random direction, and declared, "Thatta way!", then walked off in that direction at a fast pace. The walk to...wherever he was headed was largely uneventful, a few Rattata scurried by, a Pidgey or two flew over head, but that was about it. An hour or so passed, Nova couldn't tell how long, but the sun was high in the sky by now. 'I'm getting hungry...I shouldn't waste any cooking supplies now, though...', Nova thought as he trudged along.
    "Machop, come on out...", Nova said, in need of something to cure the monotony of the walk.
    "Machop, Ma?",the small pokemon asked.
    "Ah, it's nothing. I just wanted someone to talk to, and Houndour won't be much of a talker, with his eyes like they are...we need to get to a Pokemon center...", Nova said tiredly. Machop nodded in understanding.

About a half hour passed, and something had appeared in the distance.
    "Machop, am I going crazy, or is that a sign?", Nova asked. Machop shook his head and squinted, then pointed excitedly.
    "Well, then what are we doing wasting our time walking, let's book it!", the two then started running straight for the sign. As they neared the sign, more things became apparent, buildings were popping up, people were walking, and best of all, it wasn't a hallucination! Upon entering the city Nova took a look at the buildings and concluded that they weren't in Pallet Town, at least. Problem is, they didn't know where they were. Nova walked towards a police officer wandering the streets and asked him where they were.
    The officer looked at the two oddly, then informed them that they were in Viridian City. Nova and Machop thanked the man, then walked off.
    "Ah, can you believe it? we actually made some progress! I thought for sure we had headed back into Pallet!", Nova said to Machop. Machop smiled and then pointed at something.

That something was the Pokemon Center they had been looking for! Nova jogged into the pokemon center and quickly pulled out Houndours' pokeball and asked the Nurse Joy to take care of it, along with Machop, who hopped onto the counter.
    "Sure, this'll take about an hour, I hope you don't mind the wait? Maybe you can go take a walk around Viridian, seeing as you look new to the area, maybe you can check out the gym?", the nurse suggested.
    "No thanks, I'll wait until they are healed up", Nova didn't want to take any chances with the dark-type thefts lately. Nova proceeded to walk into the lobby and took a seat.

(OOC: sorry kinda boring post...)

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    no, swiftswim, it was fine.
    Something happened to you, however:
    Spoiler:

Years
    As they exited the Pokémon Center (Shelby had wanted to heal her Pokémon before they got any further away from the city) with their Pokémon back in their pokeballs, Mijaan suddenly turned to Shelby. "You know what you should capture before we leave?" he asked abruptly.

"Uh…what?" she questioned, blinking several times.

"A Nidoran! They're just to the west of Viridian City on the outskirts. I say we go get one before we leave." This time, he began to drag her to the west of the city. Shelby looked to the north.

So much for Pewter City, Shelby thought kiddingly. She and Mijaan walked off towards the west of the city, heading towards what seemed to be a more mountainous area. A Nidoran…Shelby thought. She wondered how strong they were, and what kind of Pokémon they would evolve into. "Where exactly do we find these—"

"Look," Mijaan pointed. There were several pink and light blue Pokémon in a small clearing. "Those are Nidoran. The pinkish ones are the boys—which is a bit odd—and the blue ones are the girls." Shelby looked at these small Pokémon. They seemed to be fine in their habitat, but she was trying to sort out the stronger ones…

"So do we just go over there and throw a pokeball?" she asked jokingly.

"You're kidding, right?" Mijaan asked.

Shelby rolled her eyes in reply. "Of course I am," she said. "Ok because you seem to want both of them, I'll lend you my Pidgeotto. It seems to like you, and I doubt Pikachu would warm up to you very well," Shelby muttered the last part as an afterthought. "Hell, it barely likes me."

Mijaan nodded, "Thanks. How about we split up into separate battles just to see if we can get some Pokémon?" Shelby nodded in agreement, figuring that it would probably be easier for them to separate the Pokémon up. Sort of like a divide and conquer rule.

Mijaan's Battles:

Mijaan looked at the Nidoran, trying to find the best he could from the group. One Nidoran(M) had a strong sheen to it, and the female also looked strong. Mijaan decided that those were the two he was going to capture. He quickly let Pidgeotto and Umbreon out of their pokeballs. Pidgeotto looked confused, looking around for its trainer.

"She's letting me borrow you. I was wondering if you could help me capture those two Pokémon. It'll be a lot easier for me with two Pokémon rather than just Umbreon," Mijaan explained to Pidgeotto. Pidgeotto nodded swiftly, getting ready to battle. Mijaan pointed out the two Nidoran he wanted in particular.

"Pidgeotto use quick attack on the male Nidoran!" Mijaan said, pointing towards the unsuspecting Nidoran. Pidgeotto swooped in, tackling the Nidoran square on the side. The little creature scratched at the dirt and lowered its head, bearing its horn against Pidgeotto. "Umbreon use faint attack on the female!" Umbreon did as it was told, performing a perfect faint attack. The male Nidoran got angry that the female was in danger, and took off after Umbreon in what seemed to be almost a peck. Umbreon easily dodged this attack.

The female Nidoran scratched at Umbreon when it finally got close enough. From a command from Mijaan, Pidgeotto flew in and used a gust attack on the female to keep it away from Umbreon. A quick look at Umbreon told Mijaan that it was beginning to get tired, but the Nidoran seemed worse for the wear. Then the male charged again, using something that seemed stronger than just a peck attack as it aimed for Pidgeotto.

Pidgeotto flew up in the air at the last second. "Pidgeotto use a sand attack to blind them both!" Mijaan said. Pidgeotto kicked up sand in the Nidoran's faces, causing them to go momentarily blind. "Umbreon follow it up with a quick attack on the male!" Umbreon flashed in and slammed into the male, lowering its health and basically knocking it out. "Pidgeotto, gust on the female once more!" Pidgeotto used gust yet again, and this time it hit its mark. Mijaan threw a pokeball at each of them, and watched as they began to shake.

Shelby's Battles:

Shelby crept around the bushes and looked at Mijaan. He was currently battling two of the Nidoran. Shelby really only wanted one. It was a male one she had spotted right away. She fancied the idea of a Nidoking someday, and she saw a strong little male Nidoran that seemed to be trying to protect the female it was with. It seemed to be a very loyal type of Pokémon. Hah…it'd be nice for a change, she thought with a small grin on her face. Then she sent just Pikachu. She only wanted one, so she figured she'd only need one Pokémon. Pikachu seemed to be a little better natured than before, but it was still a bit mean.

"Ok Pikachu, ready to battle?" Shelby asked, trying to be friendly to it.

"Chu," was Pikachu's curt reply. It still didn't seem to like the idea of a trainer too much, but Shelby was glad that now it listened to her.

"Pikachu, thunder bolt!" Shelby shouted, pointing directly at the Nidoran she wanted. Pikachu hopped into the air and curled into a ball, summoning a flash of lightning to head straight for the Nidoran. It was ready for the attack.

The Nidoran dodged, nudging the female out of the way as it did. Then it lowered its head and charged at Pikachu. Does it know horn attack? Shelby wondered. She told Pikachu to dodge at the last second. Then she told Pikachu to counter with a quick attack. Pikachu rammed into the male Nidoran, causing the female to give a cry. The male got up and used a poison sting attack on Pikachu. Pikachu got thrown back, but it still stood up, ready to fight.

"Pikachu use thunder wave!" Shelby figured that the best way to catch this little guy was to paralyze him first. Pikachu's attack was successful. It hit instantly and made for a good strategy. The male Nidoran was paralyzed and couldn't move fast enough to counter all of Pikachu's quick attacks or even its thunder bolts. It also barely ever hit Pikachu now, and it was then Shelby realized that Pikachu had excellent speed and agility. "Pikachu finish it up with one last quick attack!" Shelby called. Pikachu put in a burst of speed and practically rebounded off a tree and into the Nidoran. It swooned and slumped. Shelby threw her pokeball, and she watched it wiggle a few times.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Mijaan
    The pokeballs shake around for a while...
    Spoiler:

Scarecrow1113
    The pokeball rocks back and forth abit...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    Nova watched the clock...it seemed like an eternity had gone by. Nova was saved from boredom by a soft bark. He looked up, and Houndour and Machop were standing next to Nurse Joy.
    "Your, pokemon are fully healed, as you can see", she smiled and then handed Nova his pokeballs. Nova stood up and as he was returning his pokemon, he noticed a strange man wearing a black outfit and a strange emblem on his shirt, grinning.
    This set Nova on alert, and he walked out of the center, hastily thanking Nurse Joy. Nova wandered around Viridian, searching for the gym that he had been told of.
    Every now and then Nova would hear a few footsteps, and when he would turn around, there was nothing. This continued on until Nova turned around with out stopping, and caught the man just as he ran out of view. 'Alright, he wants to play this game with me? Fine', Nova thought, and then changed course. 'This is such a drag, but I guess the gym will have to wait...'

Looking all around him, Nova finally spotted what he was looking for; an alley that extended far back, as Nova could see. The sun was just starting to go down, and Nova could feel the slight change in temperature. Walking all the way to the back of the alley, Nova stopped and then turned around.
    "So, you got wise huh? Ah, this'll just make my job easier!", the black-clothed man stated. He pulled out a pokeball, and out shot a blue duck wearing strange black armor.
    "Gol-Duck!", it said. Nova was unfamiliar with this pokemon, and pulled out his pokedex to get a scan on it.
    "Golduck, the duck pokemon. As a water type, the flippers of its well-developed limbs give it shocking speed. It is the best swimmer among pokemon.", the pokedex read out.
    "Hm, a water type...this won't be so good for Houndour then...", Nova glanced at Golduck, then at Houndours' pokeball.
    "Golduck, use Dark Beam!", the man ordered. The Blue duck grinned wickedly, then spot out a dark burst of energy straight at Nova! Nova just barely managed to dodge, then grew angry and shouted, "Fine! If that's how you wanna play, then I see no reason to play fair either!", with that Nova grabbed Machops' pokeball and threw it into the air. The small pokemon looked psyched, and Nova ordered a Karate Chop. As fast as Machop may have been, the Golduck was still faster. It side stepped the attack, then smacked him into the air. While both the trainer and his Golduck were focused on Machop, Nova ran forward, ran past the Golduck, then grabbed it from behind, and ordered Machop to give a seismic toss. While Golduck was having trouble getting Nova off of it, Machop ran forward and took a hold of the duck, and as Nova let go, slammed it into a wall.

Nova quickly retreated to his original spot in the alley, as the Golduck sat itself up, and then fired off another of the dark beams. Machop was unprepared for the attack, so he ended up taking it head on.
    "Machop! Are you alright?!...What?", Nova yelled out, but was surprised as the small pokemon emerged from the attack with only a few scrapes. The Golducks' trainer looked equally surprised. "Machop, go for a Karate Chop!", Nova ordered, seeing a chance as both trainer and pokemon were in shock. Machop sped over to Golduck, and as Golduck was moving to dodge, it winced in pain, and knelt down. The Karate Chop pierced through the armor and sent it flying into its' trainer.

"No, get off of me, you stupid pokemon!", the man roared, and shoved the Golduck back into the battle. Nova glared at the man for that, and he decided to send Houndour into the fray. Houndour roared at the trainer, sensing that this was a bad person. "Houndour, use an ember attack on Golduck!", Nova said. As Houndour prepared to loose the ember, the Golduck shot another Dark Beam at Houndour! Houndour caught the beam straight in the chest, and fell onto his knees, surprised at the intensity of the shot. Golduck was panting and wincing in pain much more now, Nova had his chance, and ordered a roar from Houndour, and a karate chop from Machop.

"HOUNDOUR!!", the dark pokemon roared. The Golduck winced at the roar, and was unable to guard against the impending Karate Chop. Machop connected, and Golduck smashed into the wall again. Fragments of the black armor flew in every which way, and this time it did not get up. Nova cheered for his pokemons' victory, but it was short-lived, as both pokemon fell down, exhausted.
    "You did good, you guys...", Nova whispered and recalled them shortly after.
    "WHAT!? This is not happening! Get back here Golduck!", the man yelled, and returned the duck to its' pokeball, then turned to run, only to find Nova right in front of him. Nova grabbed the guy and slammed him into a wall, and demanded answers.

(OOC:woohoo longest post ever for me!Hope this was alright, I'm not so good at this sorta thing yet...)

Years
    Finally all pokeballs came to a safe stop, Pokémon firmly inside them. She saw an item sitting beside her pokeball and realized that it was on the Nidoran she had just caught. She bent over and picked it up, examining it. That's a moon stone! Shelby realized. She tucked it away in her bag safely, knowing it would be useful for her Nidoran later. Shelby walked over to Mijaan, hooking her Nidoran to her bag's strap as she walked. Pikachu walked after her, and almost anyone could tell it was smug with its victory. Shelby smiled and shook her head, calling back the Pikachu. She hooked its pokeball where it went as well. Mijaan picked up both of his pokeballs and made them smaller.

"Thanks a lot for letting me use Pidgeotto." Mijaan handed the pokeball back to Shelby. She said that it was no big deal before returning Pidgeotto to its pokeball and putting it back in place as well. She felt really good about all of her captures, and she used a quick potion on the Nidoran so they could continue on to Viridian Forest instead of lollygagging in the city some more.

"So…do you know who those guys are?" Shelby asked as they walked along the road toward the forest. Mijaan shook his head, but it was hard for Shelby to make out because it was beginning to get a lot darker outside. She knew they would have to set up camp soon.

"I've heard some stuff. Like they might be the ones stealing dark Pokémon, but…" Mijaan shrugged and looked up at the sky. "I'm not too sure otherwise."

Shelby nodded and followed his gaze briefly. "We should probably stop here for the night. That way we can go through the forest when it's lighter." Mijaan nodded in agreement.

Shelby had her Quilava set a small flame to a pile of sticks she made into a nice fire. They laid out their blankets and sleeping bags around the fire and talked about their Pokémon and adventure so far.

"Princess and King, huh?" Shelby asked amusedly.

"Yup. I thought they fit."

"They do," Shelby mused. She yawned slightly. "Well, I guess I'm going to go to sleep," she commented. "It's been nice. Travelling with someone else, I mean," she said.

"Yeah…thanks for letting me tag along. Now I have two extra Pokémon, and I think Umbreon's grown stronger," Mijaan said. "But…you know, I'm not too sure I wanted Eevee to be an Umbreon."

Shelby glanced over at Mijaan. "Really?"

Mijaan nodded, but didn't say anything else on the subject. Shelby decided not to press. She yawned again and the rolled over, facing away from the fire. She made sure that her pokeballs were inside the sleeping bag though, just incase something else happened

-2nd Day End

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Swiftswim's RP unfolded...

"Let... Let go kid!" the dark trainer demanded "Put me down, i'll tell you what you want to know!"
    Nova unhanded the trainer and he stepped back.
    "We're... being told to get... to take dark pokemon. Our boss, he's got some sort of machine that draws out the pokemons power. We can then place it on psychic pokemon and we create some new kind of pokemon power. It's a psychic beam with a dark energy. It has strange powers too. We're experimenting with it, it seems to react differently in different situations!"
    Nova seemed very angry at the fact they're using pokemon for experiments, he closed his eyes and clenched his fists.. but with that... he realised the trainer had ran off, he was gone.
    Nova found the nearest video phone and contacted Professor Oak. "Hey Nova, call at the pokemon center and nurse joy will have a reward for you."
    Nova received a
    Dark Pokemon Energy / Road to the Pokemon League

Thunder Stone!
    ...wait, this is of no use to you?! .. that stupid Professor... Maybe you can trade it for something else? See if you know anyone who'd want a thunderstone?
    Hopefully Oak will get the message out to the other trainers. Everyone will soon know the information you found out today.

Scarecrow1113
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

†sukuyomi

Going Digital
    Years
    The information that Nova had gotten from the guy had him wondering about the boss he mentioned, 'What exactly is the point in doing all this? Ah it doesn't make any sense to me!', Nova sighed, frustrated with the answers he got. Nova found himself at the pokemon center after about ten minutes, and walked inside.
    "Ahh, Nurse Joy, I was told to come here, apparently you have something for me?". Nova asked.
    "Why yes, it's right here!", the nurse told him kindly. She reached below the counter and removed a small white paper bag.
    "Thanks, and I need to have my pokemon healed again, hehe...", Nova said sheepishly. The nurse looked surprised, but then concluded, "So you decided to have a match against the gym leader? How'd it go?", Nova just grinned.

"Oh, it's getting dark...Could I get a room for the night?", Nova asked, changing the subject. Nurse Joy nodded then pulled out a key from beneath the counter, and handed it to him.
    "Thanks, and would it be too much trouble for you to give me my pokemon once they are healed again? I don't want to have to worry about them overnight...", whispering Nova added, "I've got a dark type...". She nodded solemnly and then bid him good night.

Later that night, Nova decided to check the contents of the bag, and it revealed a thunderstone! 'Hmm, I don't have a use for this...oh well, it may come in handy later...', Nova thought as he drifted off to sleep.

*DAY 2 END*

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Nice to see you wrapping up an eventful day Swiftswim.

I'm happy with this RPs progress so far but there are a few characters that are really lacking in progress.
    I'll be onto them if they dont post something within 24 hours :)
    Anyway, off to bed. Night!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    Day 2
    Chris had just gotten Arkie(his growlithe) from the professor a day late. The first thing they planned to do was head to Viridian and maybe capture a pokemon along the way.
    Before long he engaged a Rattata in battle, Rattata ran in carelessly and Arkie just sidestepped its weak tackle.
    "Arkie, Ember!" And as soon as chris had finished the command, unleashed a fireball from its mouth that hit rattata in a full on collosion. Rattata was in bad shape and began to flee. Chris thought it best to let the little creature go, there wasnt much sense in beating up on it for no reason.
    After heading up route 1 and finding only rattata and pigdeys, Chris didnt feel the need to battle these pokemon, in his eyes, they werent even competition for his growlithe, until he came across a rather peculiar pokemon hiding in one of the bushes.
    "Arkie!" Chris yelled as he threw his pokeball into the air. "Let's rock this!" A Growlithe appeared in a flash of white light, standing ready for battle and looking around for its opponent. "Over by the bushes, lets go!"
    Chris and Arkie ran towards the bushes and out stepped an Abra. Chris knew this pokemon shouldnt be around here, it wasnt the kind of pokemon you'd find hanging around Pallet Town anyway. He flipped open his Pokedex to get a reading.
    'Abra, The fox-like psychic pokemon. Using its ability to read minds, it will sense impending danger and teleport a short distance away.'
    "Teleport?" Chris said. "Hmm, this could be tough. Psychic eh? Alright Arkie, Ready!?" Arkie nodded as chris called out for him to launch an ember attack. Abra simply avoided the attack with teleport and was floating in the air, Ready to engage Arkie. It placed its palms out and they began glowing purple but nothing happened.
    "Arkie, Ember again!" Arkie obeyed without question and fired up an ember attack at Abra. It teleported once again but this time it was gone. "Well.. It can't be TOO far can it? Sniff it out Arkie!"
    "Growrif!" Arkie simply agreed and began to sniff out the Abra, as he got close to a bush, there was movement and Arkie leaped in.
    "Bite Arkie!" Chris yelled. CHOMP! Arkie had bitten something. There was abit of scrapping in the bush and eventually, he pulled something out of the bush moving backwards, dragging it along in his mouth and turned to chris for approval. It was Abra!
    "Alright. You're mine!" Chris threw over a pokeball at Abra and it began shaking. As it shook on the ground, chris thought to himself "I hope it's caught! Imagine, Alakazam one day..."

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Chris515
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    With Abra safely captured, chris could tell that fight tired Arkie out.
    "Well done boy! Return!" Arkie smiled as the red beam of light hit him and returned to his pokeball. Chris began heading for viridian city, he wasnt far away now. He looked around though, it had gotten alot later really fast. All that walking and exploring, time just passed by very quickly. Chris arrived at Viridian city during the evening and decided to stop by a food store and by something to eat. He grabbed lots of different food and paid for them, before heading over to the pokemon centre. He pushed through the door and looked around. There was nobody here except Nurse Joy and Chansey, discussing something behind the desk. Chris approached nervously, he'd never been in a pokemon center before but he knew his pokemon would need a proper rest and healing.
    "Uh... Hello?" Chris tried to get Nurse Joy's attention.
    "Oh, sorry. Hi!" Nurse joy smiled. "Welcome to the pokemon center. Would you like us to heal your pokemon?"
    "Uh, Yeah!" Chris said, with a tone of sarcasm. "That's why i'm here, Could i get a room too? I'm beat."
    Nurse joy took his pokeballs and said nothing, she found him quite rude. Chris realised this but he didnt really mean it. He took the key for his room and just walked away. Eventually he found the room and locked the door behind him.
    "Right!" chris opened his bag and pulled out some different sweets and crisps. Aswell as some sandwiches. He sat on his bed, turned his tv on and ate whilst watching different pokemon shows on tv. Eventually he grew tired and lay back, falling asleep earlier than he though he would.
    End of day 2
    (I know its short but day 3 will be alot longer. I just wanted to catch up)

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Nice day even though it was short chris.
    Okay I REALLY need to see something from Kaleb(You need to catch up) and Reegn(you havent even started) soon. also what happened to Lew!?
    I'd also like to see jess end her 2nd day ^_^

Last edited:
    Years
    Lewis woke up, feeling as refreshed as ever. Glancing around, he saw his bag, in the exact spot that he had left it. Inside it was the two Pokéballs – Columbus, and the Metapod he had accidentally caught yesterday. Lew was annoyed at first, but his easily frightened Metapod did very well in battle, almost beating another trainer's Caterpie. You'll be strong one day, thought Lewis. He smiled, before getting out of bed. Within no time, he was ready for going outside. He put on his bag, and closed the door. Lew went downstairs, returning his room key to Nurse Joy and walking out of the Pokémon Centre. He looked around, before noticing a poster on the wall. It was advertising the Pokémon gym in Viridian City. This was unbeknownst to Lew – on his last journey, the first gym was Brock in Pewter City. So his name is Nathan, thought Lewis, suddenly getting serious. He looked at the poster for a few more seconds, until from behind;

"Move over, douchebag." It was someone the same age as Lewis, perhaps slightly younger. Lewis turned around, and saw a little crowd in front of him. Behind the trainer was a bunch of tag-alongs. This kid must be popular... Lewis thought.

"Douchebag? Who are you calling douchebag?" Lewis said, with an angry expression on his face. The boy laughed, turning to his 'friends' and sniggering. This irritated Lew even further – he clenched his fists, ready for battle. "Look, kid. I don't want to waste my Pokémon's energy on you, but I'm gonna have to battle you and show you how it's done!" Lewis was never shy for a brawl; but he was a Pokémon trainer now. Quarrels could be settled with battles.

"I'll battle you. Prepare to be defeated!" He said, as the laughter died down. "And don't call me 'kid'. I'm Zane, the Pokémon God!" said the trainer enthusiastically.

"And I'm Lew. Glad to beat you." Lewis said, reaching for his Pokéball. "You can use however many Pokémon you want. Come on out, Columbus!" the Pidgey came out of his Pokéball, taking a battle stance.

"Columbus? That's lame! Out you come, Rattata! I'll use 3 Pokémon!"

Lewis took a few seconds to scan the boy's Rattata into his Pokédex before putting it away and placing his bagpack on the floor. Zane's friends took positions behind him, and started to cheer him on. You won't be happy for long, thought Lew, as the battle began.

Pidgey vs. Rattata

Zane took the first move, "Tackle that Pidgey!" The Rattata launched itself into Pidgey, sending it back a few yards. Lew had some experience with Rattata, and that would come in handy during the course of the battle.

"Columbus, swoop down and give it a Sand Attack!" Lewis commanded. This would give him some time to think about the next move. Columbus did exactly as he was told, blinding the enemy Rattata. Rattata are quick, so I've gotta stop him from utilising that, Lew pondered, not fully focusing on the battle. The Rattata was still blinded, but it was slowly getting its sight back. Lew would have to make a move, while Zane was aimlessly shouting at his Rattata to get the sand out of its eyes. Lew made an attack, "Use Peck, Columbus." Columbus once again swooped down and delivered a strong peck to Rattata, making it fly backwards after a backflip. Columbus' power was improving more and more each battle, and that was evident in the Peck that was just used. Columbus landed back on the ground, and the Rattata's eyesight was almost back to normal, meaning that it could still see, if a bit blurry.

"That was pathetic, Rattata. Now use Quick Attack!" shouted Zane, which aggravated Lewis. He hated people that mistreated Pokémon, and this kid was no different. But it showed frustration, which satisfied Lewis.

"Dodge by flying upwards, Columbus! And use Tackle!" Columbus flew upwards, and went straight back down, tackling Rattata. It was out cold; Columbus had won. Curses could be heard coming from Zane's mouth, as he returned the Rattata. It was now 2 vs. 2. Which Pokémon will be next?

"Go, Eevee!" Zane shouted. His first Pokémon was not tough at all, but the Eevee looked strong and up for battle, in a cheerful way. Lew had scanned an Eevee back at Professor Oak's lab, so there was no need to get his Pokédex out. Lewis decided to stick with Columbus – there was no need to change, especially after his last performance.
    Pidgey vs. Eevee

"You did fantastic, Columbus! Let's repeat that again! Use Quick Attack!" Columbus went straight in for another quick attack, looking certain to hit the Eevee. However, it dodged effortlessly at the last minute, without instruction from its trainer. Zane smirked as Pidgey landed again.

"Rattata's rubbish, so even a Magikarp could have defeated it easily. You'll have no chance against Eevee! Use Double Team, Eev!" Zane's Eevee replicated itself, confusing both Lew and Columbus. There was now a circle of Eevee surrounding Columbus. Lew laughed maniacally, "Use Tackle again, all of you!" All of the Eevee closed in on Columbus. There was no way that a Pidgey could dig, so there was only one more option.

"Fly upwards, Columbus!" Lewis shouted, in desperation. This Eevee was fantastic. Columbus flew upwards as he was told, without realising that the real Eevee was above him! The Eevee tackled Columbus, making him crash down to the ground.

"It was obvious that you would try that, so the real Eevee prepared itself." Lew said, giving some high fives to his followers. Eevee did this without command – it was very smart. Meanwhile, Eevee's clones disappeared, and Columbus stood up again, with marks on his face. He was tired and weak.

"Sand Attack, Columbus!"

"Dodge!" Columbus aimed for Eevee, but it wasn't successful.

"Quick Attack!" This time, Columbus hit the Eevee, sending it backwards. The Eevee landed on its feet, before launching a Quick Attack of its own. The attack hit Columbus perfectly, sending it across to Lew's feet, knocking him out. "I told you that you would lose that one! Now bring on your last Pokémon!" Lewis just realised that his last Pokémon was Metapod. She would surely have no chance against this Eevee. Lew tried not to show his disappointment, and got out Metapod's Pokéball, releasing her into the battle. She got frightened again, and once again returned to Lew, hiding behind his legs.

"Come on, Metapod! You can do this!" Lew encouraged his Pokémon, not believing himself at all.

"Not only is it a Metapod, it's a useless Metapod! Hahaha!" Zane was rolling on the floor, laughing his head off along with his friends. Metapod saw this, and almost had an angry look in her eyes. Suddenly, she started to glow. Everyone watched in awe of what was happening. Metapod was evolving! The white figure was revealed, and out came a Butterfree! Lewis smiled, almost laughing. He had a Butterfree! He scanned her into the Pokédex, before resuming the battle. Eevee was ready, as was Zane.

Butterfree vs. Eevee

"Even though it's a Butterfree now, I can still beat it! Eevee, go for a Quick Attack!" Zane's Eevee responded instantly, and hit Butterfree before Lew could even say anything. She was hurt a little bit, but not significantly enough to do much damage. It was time for Lewis' turn, and he had to think before making an attack – what moves does a Butterfree know?

"Butterfree, use Poison Powder!" Lewis said, hoping that Butterfree knew the move. She did, flying high and scattering a purple gas across the battlefield. Eevee was now poisoned, although there were no signs of it yet.

"Use Tackle!" The Eevee launched itself up in the air, tackling Butterfree. She fell to the ground, hurt once more. Eevee also landed, and looked in pain.

"Use Confusion, Butterfree!" Butterfree was now glowing a purple colour, along with Eevee. Butterfree pulled Eevee into the air, now in control of the normal Pokémon. "Send it flying, Butterfree! Then tackle it!" Butterfree obeyed, sending Eevee flying back, over Zane's head. It crashed to the floor, and was barely on all fours again before being hit by Butterfree's Tackle attack. Butterfree flew back to the battlefield, as did Eevee.

"Quick Attack!" Zane commanded, not as relaxed as before. Eevee launched itself at Butterfree, but there was no attack. Eevee fell down to the floor, feeling the pain from the Poison Powder attack that Butterfree had just used. "Use Tackle attack again, Butterfree! You're doing great so far!" Lewis was in awe of how great Butterfree was, compared to the Metapod. She flew at the helpless Eevee, hitting it in the back with Tackle. It had fainted. Lewis smiled and shouted some praise to Butterfree as Zane returned Eevee to its Pokéball.

"The battle is over – it's a draw. I'll let you off easy this time." Zane walked away after saying that, leaving Lewis confused. He had just given up and called it a draw! Lewis was about to run after Zane and his crowd, before hearing an anonymous voice from behind him.

"Well done, um... Lewis, was it?" Lewis turned around, and the face was familiar, though Lew did not know where he had seen him before.

"Yeah, that's me."

"That was some good battling. If you really want a challenge, though, you should visit my gym. You see, I'm the gym leader for this city." So this was where Lewis had seen the man before – on the poster advertising the gym.

"I'd get your Pokémon healed before taking on my gym. Also, you may need to train them a little bit. My Pokémon are pretty tough!" With that, Nathan turned around and headed into the city. Lewis considered the advice, and went to the Pokémon Centre.

"Can you heal my Pokémon please?" Nurse Joy healed Lewis' Pokémon within no time, and Lew headed into the outskirts of Viridian City, to train. First though, he let out Butterfree. "Hey Butterfree. I just wanted to say that you were awesome out there. I'm gonna nickname you 'Grace' from now on, because of how you battled." Then, Lewis brought out Columbus and prepared to train.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    After that battle with the young girl Shelby, I decided to go the Pokemon Center.

Placing both Beedrill's and Grotle's Pokeballs on the tray and watching the Chansey bring them into a room, I turned around and sat in a big red armchair in the waiting room. I shrugged off my jacket. Boy has it gotten hot over the past month! It rose maybe twenty degrees as summer approached the small city of Viridian.

I quickly pulled my hair up into a ponytail to reveal my neck. Sweat beads were already trickling down it.

"Whew," I breathed, taking off my backpack and placing on my lap. I quickly zipped it open and took out the cash I've been collecting for the past few months. There seemed enough to buy me maybe five pairs of summer clothes (tank tops, shorts, and shoes) as well as purchasing thirty Pokeballs. Right now, I'll just keep it at a minimum of ten Pokeballs.

"Jess!" I looked up as Nurse Joy ran up to me holding both Beedrill's and Grotle's Pokeballs. "Your Pokemon are ready!"

"Really?" I asked. She nodded. "That was quick." I took both Pokeballs and attached them to my belt. Getting up, I threw the strap of my backpack across my shoulders and walked out of the air-conditioned Pokemon Center.

"Where should I go?" I asked myself. "Should I go see Larvitar, or go to gym?" Suddenly, Beedrill's Pokeball opened and light exploded from it. When it cleared, Beedrill was buzzing above me. It quickly flew and clung to my head, buzzing happily, and wings flapping like crazy.

"Oh, hi Beedrill," I laughed. I could remember Beedrill as a Weedle: We met when Grotle (as a Turtwig) and I were doing an errand for Professor Oak and I saw him on the edge of the forest injured. I bent down to help him and he quickly let me. After that, he didn't want to leave me so I let him ride on my head. But when he evolved as a Kakuna, I left him in the forest so he could grow up there with his friends. But when he evolved into Beedrill, we were nearly inseparable, though we only saw each other when I came to Viridian. Now, we would be together for a while.

Beedrill buzzed happily on my head. "Wanna see if Larvitar's at home?" Beedrill buzzed again.
    "Alright." I laughed again.

As we got up to the mountains, I looked down into Larvitar's cave. "Larvitar, you in there? It's me, Jess." I shouted. But there was no answer. I shouted the same thing again. I waited a few more seconds, but there was still no answer. But all I could hear was the increasing flap of wings…

Then, out of nowhere, a Spearow flew up and out of the cave to face us.

"Whoa!" I shouted as I lost balance. Beedrill quickly steadied me before I could roll down the mountain. "Thanks Beedrill." Beedrill nodded.

I looked up at the Spearow who looked at us challengingly. "It wants a challenge," I began. "So we'll give it a challenge! Beedrill, Fury Attack!"

Beedrill quickly flew out from behind me and straight at the Spearow. He reached out both of his needles and swiped at the Spearow. It dodged one of them, but was hit by the second. Before it could hit the ground, Beedrill hit it up with one of its needles and began to start its Fury Attack again. But this time, Spearow was ready. It flew out of Beedrill's space and turned around. It quickly swooped in and started to peck at Beedrill. The peck was powerful too.

"Out of its way, Beedrill! Then use Twin Needle!" I shouted. Beedrill did as he was told and swooped away, but then lunged at the Spearow, hitting it with its two needles at the same time.

"Spear!" The Spearow shouted as it fell to the ground.

I need a Pokemon that could fly me across towns, I thought quickly. And this one could work. I grabbed an empty Pokeball from my belt and threw it at the Spearow. I watched as it engulfed the small bird and closed. It began to shake…

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Royal
    The pokeball hits the ground and shakes for a few seconds...
    Spoiler:

Dawn's Hat
    Spoiler:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    [OOC: I know I can't fly on Spearow, but I'm waiting 'till it evolves into Fearow. Jess actually won't ride it often - she likes to walk.]

I quickly dove out of the way, as the Spearow went in for a tackle. Still on the ground, I raised my hand and pointed at the Spearow. I won't be giving up yet.

"Use Twin Needle, Beedrill!" my Pokemon complied and flew straight at the bird as it turned around. Bam! Beedrill hit the Spearow smack right in the middle of its chest. It shook its head achingly, but continued its battle. It flew in for a tackle. "Dodge!" Beedrill quickly swooped to the side, the Spearow missing completely.

"Smack it down to the ground!" I shouted. Beedrill spun in the air, facing the Spearow once more and flew towards it. The Spearow turned its head, but it was too late: Beedrill smacked it down with its needles.

The Spearow hit the ground hard and its wings drooped. I took the same Pokeball and threw it. No matter what happens, I'm not letting this Spearow go!

[OOC: Sorry, short.]

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Reviews
    (Click Show Content!)

Royal
    The pokeball hits the ground and shakes for a few seconds again...
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back