• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark Void [PG-13]

LordSephy

Leader of The Squirtle Squad
Years
  • Sephy was waiting for Fyora's answer, he saw her make a motion to speak but she was interrupted by one of Prof. Birch's assistants leading in another of Lance's chosen, the new girl nodded in their direction and gave a quick smile before getting on with her conversation with Prof. Birch.

Sephy felt selfish for thinking the way he did, but he couldn't help it. "Two girls? Oh no....there aren't even any other guys here yet, how will I manage being alone with two girls when I've barely ever talked sensibly to one?" After some more thinking Sephy puffed up his chest, then immediately stopped with a slight blush, Fyora had probably noticed that random action...."I'll just have to get used to it, even if getting along with girls is the hardest part of the entire journey, it's just another step towards becoming a better person, and a better trainer...."

"Sooooo...." Sephy said, turning to Fyora, and yet staring at the ground. "What should we do? We could take a look around town, or we could get in some training, I'd love to see what Grim and your Sneasel could do-" "Just a second son." Koam interrupted. "I'm glad you've got your first pokemon, but you should give it back to Professor Birch." Sephy gasped. "Dad you can't be serious! I finally have a pokemon and you want to take it aw-" Koam silenced him with a hand signal. "I have a present for you son." Koam pulled out a pokeball that was very fiercely polished to the point of being almost enough to hurt one's eyes. "Don't open it yet, but when you do, you'll understand."
    "Ok" Sephy reluctantly answered, returning the Scyther to it's ball and handing it back to the Professor. Sephy turned back to Fyora. "Well...uh....where were we?"

Last edited:
    Now that Absol had aced the course six times over, Niki thought that he was done. "Now, show me what you can do. Unleash your self upon that Ratata!" He commanded boldly. Absol stood their blankly. "Of course, we don't have the bond like that yet. I can't just say something and except you to understand. I s'pose that I would need to know the name of the move? That is quite troublesome..." Calling Absol back to his Pokeball, he decided he would head over to the fairy. On his way, he noticed a boy with a little red box, and he thought it was perfect. It was Pokedex, and would tell him anything and everything he needed to know about any pokémon that it scanned. He wanted it, he needed it. "Heya, buddy," a sly smile spread across his face, "can you do me a favor?" Tipping his hat down to cover his face, he approached the boy.

The boy looked up, "Sure mister, what is?" The boy had an eagerness in his eye, like helping people is what he lived for. Perhaps, that is what Niki had lived for once too, but most definitely not anymore.

"I just got this pokémon and was wondering what moves it had. So, uh, could you scan it for me?" Reaching into his pocket, he had released Absol. The boy scanned it, and the box chimed, "Absol the Disaster Pokémon. It has the powers to sense impending natural. It has a life-span of over 100 years. This one's known moves are: Feint, Leer, Scratch, and Megahorn." Then, it powered down, waiting for the next scan. Pressing the button absorbed the Absol. "Thanks, buddy. But, eh, do you perhaps know where I can get one of them?" The boy nodded his head.

"You can only get one from certain Professors, and you have to be pretty special I guess. I got mine from Birch" The boy explained.

"Well, uh, great, you just passed my test. I am one of Birch's assistants, if you'd be so kind as to hand it over, I will modify it. Then, it should be ready by the time you finish a challenge with the Void Gym. I'll be in that shack over there." Placing his hand on the boy's shoulder, he pointed to a small shack, which he of course, had no connection to. The boy overly excited, handed it over. As he walked to te gym, Niki pocketed it, and headed towards the fairy. It was done. He had it, and well, now life would be ten times easier.

Approaching the docks, he darted around looking for an attendant. In order to know what his cabin was, he had to ask the attendant. "Uh, ma'am, could you please tell me where my room is? Thank you." Of course she would, I mean, it was her job and all.

The lady looked up, "My lord sir, you are lucky, we will be leaving soon," looking up from her paperwork she continued, "I will need your name please, sir. Then I can began the search, heh heh." She was overly done-up for someone who is basically going to sit behind a desk most of her day. The lady had the whole deal going, loads of make-up, gallons of hair spray, and that fake smile that she was forced to show people.

Niki hadn't actually gotten the ticket under his real name, it was, of course, too risky. So, instead, he used an alias. Although it wasn't very creative, it worked. Worked like a charm in fact. Perhaps, the reason that it was so plain and ordinary was the reason it worked so well. "I am Robert Kain," He flashed a smile and watched as she rummaged through her papers..
    "Uh, you sure you in the right boat line? Mind telling me where you are headed?" The girl had a confused, perplexed look on her face.

"I am, most definitely, headed to Littleroot." He said.

"Oh, I see sir. The boat to Littleroot is the next one over. Don't feel embarrassed sir, people do it all the time." Just in case he hadn't got the message, she pointed to the other boat.

Walking away, he smiled, "Much obliged." The other boat, the one intended for him, was a little bit smaller than the previous one. But, that meant less people, which typically was a good thing. Approaching the male attendant, he said, "Robert Kain, Littleroot." The man searched his papers.

Looking up, he said, "Ah, here you are Mr. Kain, your cabin is C4. Like the explosive sir." Ordering his papers a little more, he continued. "Oh, and it is on the lower decks, there are maps all the over the place if you have any trouble finding it." Then, he handed him a key.

Walking on the boat, he headed to his room. Hopefully he would find someone else employed by Esthin. Of course, he didn't know anyone there. So, he had wait for someone to approach him, either that, or wait for the boat ride over. Perhaps, to pass the time, he would gamble. Approaching the door to his room, he put in the key and unlocked it. He hadn't brought any bags or anything, figuring he could make do. I mean, his family had lived in Slateport, and he could always send them a letter, they would most definitely be happy to hear from him. After all, it wasn't long ago that they sent him a letter asking when they would see him, and that they were sorry for harsh treatment, and of course, the typical "if you need anything, just let us know" line that they always say. That is what he would do, send them a letter and ask them for money. Flopping down on the bed, he thought he might take a much needed nap. But, maybe not.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    James opened his eyes. It was still early, he didn't know how long he slept, but it couldn't have been long. He sat up, looking around for what awoke him. He was a light sleeper when he napped or in the mornings. At night you couldn't wake him if your life depended on it. Finally footsteps echoed in the hall outside. That must have been what woke him up.

'Well, it's early. Might as well meet my teammates properly. Shouldn't be sleeping this early any ways.' James stood up, the foot steps had traveled off. Looking around the C hall, he heard a muffled *thump*. He saw that the small sound had originated from C4.

Curios, he quickly though of who else would be on this boat. 'No one that couldn't easily be persuaded not to say anything. Besides who lives in this town? And is going to Littleroot? Just us…. I think'. Not really caring James decided to knock on the door.

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • Now having received her Pokemon, Lizzie wondered whether she'd have to hang around waiting for anyone else to arrive, like her fellow trainers had done or leave. Part of her was itching to get going, wanting to try out battle techniques she'd read up on whilst the other half of her was still full of nerves.

She slowly edged her way over to the two trainers who had already received their Pokemon, motioning to Azura to follow her.

"Hi!" She said, rather too brightly for her own liking. Azura made some sort of noise indicating a hello, following her new trainer's lead.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
  • [[Sephy, careful about the godmodding. Fyora isn't necessarily the personality to nod politely while someone else speaks. Godmodding is alright when you've been given permission, but otherwise it's frowned upon.

X75flames and Breezy., try to keep your posts longer. I'm not asking for novels, but I am asking for depth and detail.]]

It seemed that the morning rush had hit Professor Birch's laboratory. Activity picked up as papers were filed and organized, and more trainers came in for their first Pokemon. That just made Fyora want to get on the road more. She'd never been a fan of crowds, especially since she'd spent most of her life in Blackthorn, where the population was miniscule. She shifted her weight uncomfortably, waiting for the kid's reply. It would be rude to just rush out, but she was in a hurry. She wanted to see the Pokemon that only came out in the morning, and she would have to get out there soon if she was going to perhaps catch one. When the kid answered her an affirmative she offered a faint smile. "Alright, we should hurry up and get out of here. It's going to be getting crowded soon, and I want to see if I can find one of the early Pokemon. It's never too early to start building a strong team, after all."

While his mistress was speaking, Razor regarded the Scyther with distrusting eyes. [I don't need to trust my life in your claws. My own are quite competent.]

Just as Fyora was readying herself to leave, the kid's father took the Scyther back and gave him a new ball instead. She raised an eyebrow, taken aback by the behavior. If someone were to take her Pokemon away she would be angry beyond belief. Then again, she'd been with Razor far longer than he had his Scyther. That most definitely made a difference.

One again Fyora was about to make her way out of the laboratory, when the girl who had just received a Magby approached herself and her new partner with a greeting. Slightly exasperated, she leaned down slightly so that Razor could climb onto her shoulder, where he often perched.

"Hey. We're about to head out, but if you want to come you can."

LordSephy

Years
  • (Sorry, I meant Lizzy looked at us and nodded with a smile because I could have sworn that's what she said, I'll make sure not to do it again, I should've been more specific.)
    Sephy listened carefully to Fyora as she spoke, he wanted to make sure he didn't do anything stupid, if they were going to travel together they should get along, the better they did the smoother the trip, but it was all relative, Fyora seemed to Sephy like a natural leader, good for him, he thought it best to let her lead anyways, after all, he was probably the only one of Lance's chosen who was a new trainer.

"I agree, besides, I can't wait to catch a pokemon, or at least see what this one is." After a few moments of thinking, Sephy was about to try and formally introduce himself, but he then realized they could get aquainted on the road, so he just stood next to Fyora, awaiting Lizzy's answer. "She seems nice so far, as long as I don't p/o that Sneasel, I should be fine.....I hope I can actually talk to her when we're not in public as well....maybe I'll just stay out of her way for now...."

The buzzing was not any more to Sephy's liking than it was to Fyora's, people skittering back and forth, doing different tasks, compiling data and such. Koam had earned enough as a pokemon trainer to get a house away from town so that Sephy wouldn't be in any danger walking through the forest alone...but he was no shut-in, he just thought crowds were over-rated. "Hey, I've managed to stay away from the subjects of her looks so far, cool....d'oh!"

It looked to be a long journey, but Sephy had faith in himself, and for some reason, he already had faith in Fyora too, but he also knew never to put too much faith into someone else until they had truly proven themselves, besides, no matter how you sliced it, Sephy still had a lot to learn and experience, but at least he didn't have to go through it alone.

Last edited:

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • The room was small and simple. There was a small bed for one on the right side, a short dresser at the foot of the bed. On the left was a long desk made of oak, with a dish of mints on top. The room was cozy, and bored Christopher out of his mind. He was in the room assigned to him; A3, and being right below the main deck, he could constantly hear the loud footsteps of the crowd on deck. Didn't anyone have the decency to walk softly and quietly? Well, apparently not.

Christopher sat down, and wished that at the least, he had a book to read, or a computer to whittle away the time with. "Grrroww!" Apparently, Christopher's stomach cared more about feeding itself than Christopher's lack of things to do on the boat ride. "Hmm, well I think they have a galley on the main deck. If nothing else, I can ask where to get something to eat," Christopher thought to himself as he got up. With that, Christopher left the room.

He never noticed the telephone on the corner of the desk in his room, or the little room order menu next to it.

The hallway outside of Christopher's room was narrow, and went down a straight line for ten or twelve rooms. The wallpaper was a bright sea blue, with little waves lining the bottom. It matched in an unexpected way with the bright red Broadway styled carpeting. Christopher walked towards the staircase farthest from him, knowing it would mean that he would climb the stairs unto the part of the deck farthest from the port, and would mean he'd be less likely to have to deal with anyone boarding the ship.

There was a small growl similar to that of the many poochyenas he had heard in the void gym, and Christopher stopped in front of room A6. He sub consciously earmarked that room number, for if it was another one of Esthin's trainers Christopher could possibly enlist their help and have a scapegoat for if anything went wrong. Christopher stood there, scheming about his mission.

(I was really hungry when I wrote this. Aghh! Not much to write about!).

Niki sat up in his bed, and his ran his hands through his hair. There was a lot on his mind, some of it unnecessary , some of it not. Of course, the main thought: How to eliminate the brats? I mean, he could simply kill them, but eh, that would be kind of hard. It would be way too easy to get caught. That left only a few other options, one of them being, make them loose morale. Without morale, they would surely give up. But, crushing them, destroying them, it all seemed so much more fun, to have people squirm under his boot. Of course, in order to do that, he would need a team of spectacular Pokémon. One good addition he could think of was a Skarmory. Why? It was big, fast, and tough. It would be the perfect get away in any hair situation. Standing up, he stretched a little bit. Oh, and upon leaving the boat at Littleroot, he would decide to be a little more aggressive. People always comply when they are scared.

BANG BANG BANG

There was three loud, but muffled thuds at his door. Now, any normal person would have blindly opened the door. But, behind it could be any multitude of people. For one, he had just stolen something, so if the kid had caught on, it could be the police. For two, it could be someone he loathes. Either would be bad. Approaching the door, he looked through the peep whole. Before the door stood a man in a cloak. The dark aura that seemed to resonate from him made it more than likely to be one of Esthin's trainees. That and the fact that not many would have business in Littleroot. But, you couldn't always take chances like that.

Locking the chain lock, he opened the door slightly. It was heavy, and if the man was an aggressor, he wouldn't be able to pull a fast one. Being careful to disguise his voice, make it seem like he was not truly who he was, he spoke. "Who is it? What do you want?" he said quite gruffly. A gruff voice usually threw people off. "If you want trouble, then you've come to the wrong place and should just turn around. If your business is other than that, then speak, whelp." A slight chuckle rose in his throat, but he held it back. He seemed really rather menacing, at least to himself.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    OOC: Strikit, what is there really to talk about? Anti-Hero, love you description of James, made me laugh at the awesomeness.

'Whelp? Looks like I found someone.' James thought. He noticed that the man was being vary secretive. "No, I am not looking for trouble, not yet any ways, and not for you. See, I was looking for one of my Co-workers, and I was wishing that we could get acquainted. We had all meet this morning, and left rather quickly. I was hoping that I would be able to find them on the ride to Littleroot, and talk a bit."

James looked around, thinking if he should say more, or just leave it at that. He was pretty sure that this was one of Esthin's men. Still, he didn't want to risk the safty of the entire group by letting slip of their plans to a rondom person. They could easily inform the police in Littleroot before arrival, or get them thrown off before the boat got under way. Either way, it was best to keep a low profile.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Name: Cody Nivalis

Appearance: Cody is a skinny white kid. Standing at 5' 2", he is somewhat short. He is not the energetic type, but does not eat a lot of food either, as though trying to savoir it. His blue eyes and fair complexion only add to his youthfulness. He usually wears a smile on his face, but as though he is hiding something. He usually wears his hair in a messy fashion, with gel spiked in every direction if there is any he can find. At a young age as part of an initiation rite, he got a tattoo on his right hand. The tattoo is black, and is the design of the Greek letter Ω (Omega) designating the end. Though he will usually wear a faux bandage in attempt to cover it up.

His favourite colour is blue, thus it seems appropriate he would take a liking to blue clothes. He is seen often wearing blue jeans or blue shorts, depending on the temperature. However he will always usually wear a blue jacket. This was a jacket he cherishes very much, as it was a jacket a cute police officer, named officer Jenny, had given him after the raid in the cold of night.

Personality: At an early age, Cody had been conditioned into listening to orders; the cult is responsible for that. Any sort of individualism even as a child was discouraged, and even punishable. He was taught only to serve the cult, and its objectives. When training his pokemon, he would encourage it for the extra effort to prefect its attacks, and thus be an excellent asset to the cult. He also enjoyed being rewarded for his efforts when they were fruitful. For the 3 years he was nothing more than a soldier, following his parents and his parent's orders.

His attitude, demeanour and personality changed however, ever since the raid of the cult compound. He had only known that to be his home his entire life, and while seeing it crumble literally, he felt a bit of himself crumble as well. Not to mention that this was also because he watched his Skuntank get crushed to death. This pained him for a long time, but he eventually began to accept it and move on. Another repercussion of his being a part of the cult was the media attention it had incurred, and himself being the poster child in the 'innocence lost' and his story launched an inquiry into other questionable compounds across the region. He did not enjoy being in the spotlight much, and his naivety of the situation (including the testimony he was giving) only seemed to fuel this.

Finally in the care of his foster family, he was taught what really to be right from wrong and otherwise gain a better sense of morals. He felt guilty for the longest time for all the potential lives he must have killed, as well, to which his new family had told him not to dwell on, as it was not his fault. Cody did not fully accept this, but nonetheless moved on so as to prove otherwise that he might be able to help people instead.

His individuality as a result, really flourished as he was with his new family. He excelled in school, and enjoyed the company of kids not afraid to speak their minds. Still quiet at times (and often reflective), Cody had always been the analytic type, finding strategy in the most favourable outcomes. These skills were now able to fully flourish as there were no longer constraints within the cult. Nonetheless he became a happy person, that was resolute in being a better person. Also, perhaps a part of the reason from being in a cult, but Cody is also one to have strong will power, he will no longer let anything break him down so easily, as his resolve for helping is stronger.

History: Born in the Sinnoh region to parents of a fringe group akin to Cyrus' ideals, for the better part of his life, Cody has only known about the cult life. Said cult was called 'Nothingness'. Since he could remember, all he heard about and was told to worship was darkness, nothingness, the need for a new reality. While he did not understand what all this meant (just like other kids also a part of the cult), he worshipped and listened to those above him. While no actual brainwashing occurred, there was certain things that had to be followed, in order for the group to function without a problem. Being this is all that he grew up around, Cody saw nothing wrong with what was going on. In fact at about the age of 6 he was branded with a tattoo, and immediately taken into training with a Stunky.

His parents became willing terrorists, and did the cult's terroristic acts. His parents were quite notorious in the group, their acts had not only helped to gain international attention, but the damage they had created had also disrupted the economy. Essentially they were good at their job, and training their pokemon to be impressive weapons.

Thus it seemed inevitable that he would follow in his parent's footsteps. At the age of 8, two years after frivolous training, he accompanied his parents to their objective in destroying a Pokecentre. Now a Skuntank, he ordered his pokemon to use a well placed flamethrower, igniting the charges around the building, causing the building to explode and killing almost everyone inside.

Cody did not know this to be wrong, he was in fact rewarded by his parents, and for the next 3 years continued to do their cult's bidding. At one point however, he had nearly risked getting himself and his cult identified. Apparently a photo had leaked out with his and his parent's face, the photographer was dead, but the film had managed to be released. His face soon became the cause for concern among the public of children being forced to do terroristic acts (among other thing). Thus it was not until a raid by the international police, two days after the leaked photos being released, that in their cult compound, his life had changed. In the chaos of the ensuing capture and detainment of the members, his Skuntank was crushed to death by a collapsed building he had just managed to escape from.

Eventually rescued, he was temporarily taken in by no less, by an Officer Jenny. Shivering in the cold of the night, sitting in the police car, she gave him a jacket to wear, to which he still wears to this day. He was handed over to child services, and eventually adopted by a recluse family in the Hoenn region. Just before he was to leave however, he had given testimony on what it was that he was told to do. Going into great detail, he chronicled, all that he had done, at times astounding the judge and jury, at his skills, even if they were for horrible purposes. Thus after that, he moved to Oldale Town, and lived a quiet life for one year. He has not seen his parents since, and has since been told that they would be in jail for at least 30 years for the acts they did.

Now at the age of 12, he had received a letter from someone named Esthin. It read as follows:

Dear Cody,

It is with great excitement that I send you this invitation to join my gym, the Void gym, a gym where you can train dark type pokemon. You may not know my name, but I have talked with ex-cult members who have recommended you (they were not found guilty of anything, so don't worry). I send this invitation to you, because I feel that your contribution to the gym would certainly be invaluable. I realize that you do not have a pokemon, but this will be arranged for, upon your arrival. While I am sure you may wonder why you received this invitation, your skills as a pokemon trainer as you testified in the court proceedings astounded me. And while I am sure it would have been preferred to have been invited for something more profound, and 'good', your skills will be moulded into just that. I hope you consider my invitation, and if you do, please meet at the Void gym on Mossdeep City as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Esthin

Figuring this was a chance for a reprieve, considering the strangeness of the request, Cody took the chance to prove himself again, even so far as thinking about his old Skuntank, and chuckling at the fact that it too was a dark type. Thus with the permission of his step parents he flew to Mossdeep City, awaiting the start of his pokemon journey, and thinking on what Esthin had planned so as to be able to help into what it was that he was doing.

Pokemon: Eevee

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • Giving both her fellow trainers a small smile, Lizzie nodded in reply. Thought she usually preferred to be alone, Lizzie did not know this area very well. Travelling with a couple of other trainers who were, metaphorically, in the same boat as her would be good for her, she decided. Although the girl, a dark type Pokemon perched on her shoulder, didn't exactly look like a complete beginner to her.

Whilst waiting for the boy to say his final goodbyes to what Lizzie presumed to be his father, she stared down at Azura who stood next to her. The ruby coloured Pokemon, Lizzie had sighed with relief, had a good natured personality, despite an obvious firey streak apparent in the Pokemon. Azura was currently staring intently at the Sneasel seated on Fyora's shoulder. Lizzie couldn't decide whether Azura was just as fascinated with the dark type as she was or if she was just being rude.

Lizzie nudged the Magby lightly with her leg, bringing her attention away from the Sneasel. Azura looked up, her eyes widening. Lizzie gave her a semi-stern look before grinning. Azura sort of grinned back, grinning as much as a Magby could grin.

"Magby, Mag," Azura stated, motioning to the door.

It seemed Lizzie was not the only one to be eager to get going.

Strikit

Years
  • [[X75flames, refer to some of the posts others have made that are longer than yours. They involve more detail and depth. And if you don't have enough information to make a post, maybe you should wait until a few more people post.

You're accepted, Feign. Lovely SU.

Also: Check the OOC thread for a list of what Pokemon are located on what Route. It may take me a while to complete it, but it's necessary, because I'm not going by the games.]]

"Let's go, then."

The statement was not a request, nor was it a command. It was more of a notification that she was leaving, with or without everyone else. Though some would say that her tone was rude, Fyora just knew that life was short, and standing around idly was not making it any longer. Razor had grown impatient, as well. Out of the corner of his eye he watched the girl's new Magby just as intently as it watched him. The reasons for his distrust of every new person or Pokemon he met were unclear; he had never experienced anything traumatic, and neither had Fyora. Her best guess was that he was just like that. When the Magby looked away he did not; his eyes were still trained on her as though he expected her to suddenly hurl a fireball at him. "Cool it, Razor," Fyora hissed. He chattered at her and twitched the feathers on his back discontentedly, but he did avert his eyes.

Professor Birch raised an eyebrow at the three of them just standing there, which brought her back to her main objective. "We should head down Route 101, to Odale," she hinted. "It's not all that long, and none of our Pokemon have a weakness to anything there." She glanced at Sephy's unopened Pokeball and corrected herself. "Well, nothing that we know of. But it's not likely that we'd be overpowered, with the three of us."

With that she turned and lead the way out of the lab. She glanced over her shoulder once to make sure she wasn't leaving them behind, but for the most part she was just eager to leave. She had begun to feel somewhat claustrophobic in the sterilized, blindingly white laboratory, and the sooner she could be out the better. Mentally she began to take an inventory of what she wanted to catch first. Poochyena were a common sight on Route 101, but she didn't want another Dark type on her team. Perhaps a Bug type. She would very much like a Beedrill, if she could find one. Hopefully there would be Weedle on the Route so she could get one.

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • Lizzie saw Azura instantly perk up to Fyora's statement, scrambling her way over to the door. Eager to get going, Azura stared expectantly at Lizzie who was slow to follow. As Fyora and her Sneasel had already gone ahead, Lizzie turned to give a nod of thanks to Professor Birch before she followed suit.

Lizzie, making sure she had her belongings, briefly stopped to attempt to pick up her Pokemon. Doubting that the fire type would let her pick her up, Lizzie was surprised by Azura's actions. Azura happily settled in her arms as Lizzie exited the laboratory, then scrambled up onto her shoulder, perching in an unstable manner, her small tail slapping Lizzie in the face. Lizzie suspected Azura was attempting to copy the calm and collected Sneasel she'd been staring at earlier.

Even though Azura was precariously perched on her shoulder, pulling on Lizzie's hair to keep her balance, Lizzie was glad to be out in the open air once more. The weather didn't seem to be turning out to be too bad, thought Lizzie's weather predictions had not always turned out well, thoughtfully remembering all the days she'd walked to school in the pouring rain, thinking it'd be sunny.

Lizzie was relatively excited to finally be leaving, her mind flicking from subject to subject though she was mainly focused on Pokemon. Though nervous about it, she was looking forward to trying out her battle skills. Lizzie believed battling helped to form a bond between trainer and Pokemon, which was what she wanted with her new partner Azura. Though she may be happy now, Lizzie was sure Azura would have some off days. To combat them and the fire tantrums she'd be bound to throw, it was important to Lizzie to have already established something with Azura.

LordSephy

Years
  • "Let's go then." Sephy was jolted out of his thoughts by Fyora finally breaking the silence, he nodded, noticing her glance at the new pokeball. "What is in here?" he thought to himself. Sephy looked back at the magby for a second before following Fyora to the door, just as eager to go as she was, partly because he wanted to see what was in the pokeball so much. For some reason Sephy didn't feel like talking, so he just waved at his dad, he followed them, not wanting to get left behind because he was day-dreaming..

"Rout 101....wonder what pokemon live in that area? I hope there's some Nidoran(Male) or Nidorino there, I'd love to get a Nidoking like dad." Sephy looked around at the lab, it was so crisp and clean...too clean...it didn't feel....real, he would be glad to get out of there, besides, the sooner they could start catching and battling pokemon the better. Sephy couldn't believe he hadn't noticed it before, Razor was now staring down the Magby the same way it had stared at Grim, he hoped it would actually be willing to work together with others besides Fyora when it came down to it.

Sephy looked around at his companions, the 18 year old Fyora, confident, and yet dstant, Lizzy, what seemed like a permanent smile plastered on her face.....he could do this, if there was any time to be confident it was now. "So....what would you like to catch on the way? I'm hoping for a Nidorino personally.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    It seemed as though not even a day had passed since Cody had received the letter from Esthin. He was already scrambling to prepare everything he could do and remember, his bag being evidence of such, as it was packed, fit for bursting.

"Dear, your bag is going to explode, are you sure you need all this stuff?" His step mother asked. She began to handle the bag and take out what she deemed unnecessary.

"Mom! You're messing it up!" He complained, but did nothing to stop her. Despite only being with her for just under a year, he knew not to argue with her, as she would say 'Mom knows best'. This was true however, because she always seemed to know what to say and do when need be. Like how the recurring nightmare about the burning compound and seeing his crushed pokemon would wake him up at night, she would comfort him, as he sobbed in her arms.

His step parents were proud of how he had matured over their time together, but they saw the letter as an opportunity for him to do what he seemed likely to excel at. Thus one week after receiving the letter, he took a plane, headed for Mossdeep City.

Cody was anticipating his journey quite a bit; he checked and rechecked his belongings on the plane as though sure he were missing something. No longer than 1 hour later, he made it to Mossdeep city. He was caught off guard by the island's weather, and as he walked through the airport, he noticed the demeanour of the employees not being that of happiness at all.

Strange... Cody thought

Nonetheless he pressed on, taking a taxi into town. Telling the driver to take him to Void Gym, the driver froze, then hesitated, then gave a nod, driving off.

The driver finally broke the silence, "I hope you're not planning to have a gym battle with him, he has been undefeated ever since opening the gym."

"Wow! Is he that good?" Cody asked naively.

"A little too good if you ask me..." The cabbie responded, "here we are." As he said this, he pulled up to the gym's entrance.

Cody paid his dues, and as soon as he did, the cabbie pulled away quickly, as though in a hurry to leave. Cody ignored the man's haste and turned around to enter the Dark Void gym.

He noticed it to be the darkest building on the street, carrying its own mood. He couldn't help but feel like he had been here before, or at least had this same feeling, though he could not really relate it to anything. Regardless, he opened the door anyway.

As though entering a new climate zone, shutting the door behind himself, Cody though he might have been entering a new dimension or something. Not only was the gym, much darker, but it even felt darker. Suddenly he heard a voice, he couldn't tell from which direction though, as his eyes had not adjusted appropriately yet.

"Ah Cody Nivalis, you got my invation... The others have already arrived and left before you, and I imagine have already gotten on the ferry," Esthin said with an icy edge to his voice. "Come here, I wish to see you more appropriately."

Cody decided to walk forward; his eyes had adjusted enough so that he was able to make out the figures in the gym.

"Now you may want to know the main reason why I called you here, yes? Well it is to deal with that incessant Johto Champion, and his meddling in my affairs, you see, he too has recruited his own trainers to attempt to deal with me, and I prefer to take no chances. I'm sure by your coming here you would agree to this as much?" At this, he placed his hand on Cody's shoulder and squeezed, almost too tightly.

At these words, Cody felt agitated and almost physically sick. The gym not affecting him, upon his entrance, now seemed to press down on him hard. What? Am I just being played as another instrument in someone's battle against the world? I don't like this at all...

Cody nodded, despite his inner thoughts, he knew he would have to feign interest.

"Then I am glad, and now then, you need a pokemon." He motioned to one of his recruits to get the pokeball. "In here you will find an Eevee, I trust that you will evolve it into an Umbreon. That is, it has to be happy during the night time in order to evolve. I would have given you a moonstone to quicken the process, however, they are quite costly, and even hard to come by. Now,if word gets around that this is not so, there will be consequences."

Cody merely looked into those cold eyes, using his own training and not displaying any emotion, he refused to give his inner thoughts away. Esthin handed him the pokeball.

"Now, here is your ticket to Littleroot town, where I expect you to eliminate Lance and his lackeys." Esthin handed him a ferry ticket, and no sooner was led outside by a pair of hand, but couldn't see who was leading him. As he left, he heard Esthin laughing to himself.

Once outside, Esthin gave a sigh of relief, his meeting with Esthin was anything but what he had expected. He was still agitated for the fact that this was beginning to be just like being back in the cult again; after all, he did not want to cause harm again anymore...

He decided to open the pokeball at the pokecentre, several blocks away from the gym. The Eevee that came out looked alert, and then sighed with relief, now seeing its trainer in front of it.

It's probably glad to be out of that gym. "Hey there little guy-" Cody double checked the back, "I mean girl, are you ready to go on a pokemon adventure?"

"Vee!" His pokemon cried in excitement.

"Actually, I'm not even sure what to do now... I don't want to help that guy, that's for sure, but it's not like I've got anywhere else to go. Besides Littleroot down is a good place to start, I've seen tons of new trainers pass through my town from there." Cody said, contemplating outloud.

His Eevee, just looked up at him curiously as though waiting for a decision.

"Ah that's right; you'll need a name, won't you. Well how about, hmmm, how about Brumae?"

The Eevee seemed to very much like the name. Cody smiled a melancholy smile remembering his days with his Skuntank. He knew that he hadn't had a proper pokemon journey with it, and went so much as to think that perhaps its death was the best way to put it out of its misery, being in a life where all you did was terroristic actions...

Brumae pulled him out of the reverie, by nudging his ankle. "Ah, sorry about that Brumae, okay, so we decided to take the ferry. Oh wow, it'll take a day to get back. Okay, it says here that the ferry leaves ever 3 hours, so the next one will be here in 30 minutes. Lets head out now, and we can have something on the boat." Cody motioned to put Brumae back in her Pokeball, but using her tail, Brumae knocked the ball out of his hand.

"Hey now you've got to go back in." He tried again, to no avail.

"VEE!" Brumae said in a stern manner.

A passing nurse saw their small squabble. "First Pokemon? Yes? Some pokemon don't like being in a pokeball, and prefer to being out with their trainer." She picked up the Eevee, "ah yes an Eevee, it looks somewhat malnourished, be sure to feed it. In fact here you go." She handed Cody some pokemon food, to which he gave to his Eevee. The pokemon seemed to devour it in seconds.

"Th- thank you very much lady!" He stammered, patting his Eevee on the head. "So off to the ferry!" He waved to the Nurse as they headed to the port.

His Eevee followed next to him as they made their way to the destination. Despite his upcoming conflicts, Cody smiled to himself – in all this trepidation, he felt happy to have a pokemon again, and one that would be free of any cult-like orders. Getting to the ferry centre, he flashed his ticked and was given a key to his cabin A-11. The trip would take 1 day to Littleroot town, leaving time for Brumae and Cody to bond, and relax. Cody also decided to buy some pokemon related accessories, such as pokeballs and some food as well. His bag still had plenty of room now after all, for him to carry it.

During his time on the ferry, he figured he would figure out the attacks that Eevee knew. Cody felt already that he could battle anyone, just like getting back to battling when he used to, though this time, it was not for a kill, but for a friendly challenge.

Last edited:

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • Lizzie, still slightly preoccupied with Azura perched on her shoulder, briefly smiled at Sephy. She was secretly glad he had attempted to start a conversation between the three of them. Fyora seemed somewhat wary of her, though she could just be reading the signals wrong, as she usually did. Lizzie was all for trying to rid the air of it's awkwardness.

"I'm really not sure what Pokemon inhabit the area, I'm from the other side of Hoenn," Lizzie admitted whilst pulling a strand of hair from Azura's paw. "I think I'd like a grass or bug type though," She then trailed off, attempting to remember all the grass and bug type Pokemon she knew of, which was, sadly, a minimal number. She felt Azura grip her hair again, trying to retain her balance. "Maybe it's best if you walk now Azura?"

Though she grumbled a little bit, Azura allowed Lizzie to lift her off her shoulder to place her on the ground.

"Anyway, a Nidorino sounds nice, uh, I think," Lizzie only vaguely knew of what Pokemon Sephy was talking about, though she knew that it's pre-evolved form was cute, popular with young girls despite it's poison background.

LordSephy

Years
  • Sephy looked at Lizzy and answered her before anything else. "See, a Nidorino looks basically like a purple Nidoran, except everything about him is bigger and he looks equally cool, but less cute and more fierce, I want one because my dad has a Nidoking and I really like it, so I want to get one of my own someday."

Then he looked at Fyora, he thought of the things that his dad had told him about while he had waited for the others, apparently, he really was the only one of Lance's trainers who had never trained a pokemon before. He still eyed Razor suspiciously, he could tell the Sneasel but Sephy refused to trust a pokemon that didn't trust him. "So Fyora...my dad told me you're the most experienced out of our group and uhh.....I was wondering....since your Sneasel seems to refuse trusting anybody other than you, can we trust him to back us up when for whatever reason you can't order him too or persay.....accept it if he's ever in danger and you can't help him and he can't help himself for any reason?

As they kept walking Sephy marveled at the area around him, it truly was beautiful, so was Johto, but he had seen practically everything there, Hoenn was new, uncharted territory...at least for him. "Since you lived in Blackthorn city for a long time I was wondering if you ever met my dad before Fyora?" A couple seconds after speaking again without even waiting for Fyora to answer him Sephy realized the rude thing he had just done. "Oh, sorry, my mind just wandered...I hope I didn't break your train of thought."

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • The sun had retreated even further behind the clouds since Fyora had come to the lab. It looked as though it really would rain. She had mixed feelings on that; her coat would keep the rain out, but Razor didn't like to be wet, and she didn't like her hair to be wet. She supposed if precipitation started to fall she would tie her hair back and recall Razor, but that would just make capturing her next Pokemon more difficult. It might keep certain Pokemon in their dens, too, which would be no good. Razor seemed to sense the electricity in the air and kept twitching his ears discontentedly.

"You're alright, sweetheart," she said comfortingly and stroked him between the ears. "You're not wet yet."

He still grumbled and shifted, but he calmed down slightly. She then turned her attention to Sephy's questions. "Razor may not trust easy, but he usually knows when logic overcomes pride," she promised them. "I've never battled with him before, so I don't know what he'd do in a pinch, but I'm fairly sure he'd know when to accept or give aid. He always did with his brother and sisters."

Thinking back to her childhood in Blackthorn, Fyora attempted to match the face she had seen today with a familiar one she may have seen over the years. But as much as she wracked her brain, nothing came forth immediately. "No, you didn't interrupt," she reassured him. "What exactly did your father do? If I know I might be able to place him better."

While she was speaking their steps had led them out of the small town and into the mild wilderness between it and Odale. Already she could hear bushes and trees rustling with a wealth of wild Pokemon. She turned her attention to Lizzie, thinking she sounded rude for not acknowledging her.

"I know of a few Pokemon here," she offered. "There are of course the basic Flying types, like Pidgey and Starly. Then there are a few larval stage bugs, but the only one I'm sure of is Wurmple. I wish I could be of more help, but I've never been to Hoenn before."

A high peeping sound drew her attention to a fallen branch to her right. Confused, she knelt next to it and pulled back a few twigs. Nestled within the leaves was a mass of twigs and downy feathers. A quiet groan of sadness escaped Fyora without her knowledge. It was obvious what had happened here. Whether through wind or just weakness of branch, part of a tree holding a nest had fallen. If there had been chicks it was highly unlikely that they had survived. Still, she had to look. She nudged the nest to the side and found a ball of feathery fluff. At first she thought she had found a casualty, but then it looked up at her with large dark eyes and peeped. Blinking in surprise, she gave Razor a stern look. "Don't you dare so much as think about eating it," she warned him. He chattered and glared at her, but she paid him no notice. Slowly, she reached for the tiny bird Pokemon. It peeped louder and tried to get away, but its short legs didn't take it very far. She picked it up and held it tightly but gently. "It's adorable," she said, obviously awed by her luck. "I don't see its mother around."

She stood up slowly, holding the tiny bird close to her body. Its feathers were small and soft, mostly down fluff, so it was hard to tell its species, but after some consideration she decided it was a Pidgey. "I think I'm going to keep it," she thought aloud. "It's not what I expected for my first caught Pokemon, but I can't just leave the poor thing. I'm shocked something hasn't eaten it yet. It might put me at a disadvantage, since the League only allows you carry six Pokemon, but it needs someone right now."

Waiting for hours on end was something Karis was readily capable of, but she didn't much feel like it today. There had to be something constructive she could do. For the last sixty minutes she had been reclining on the crisp white sheets of her bed, conversing with her Poochyena. In truth that consisted mostly of her thinking aloud, and Poochyena occasionally offering a growl or sniff to let her know he was listening. If it weren't for his pricked ears turned toward her, she would think he wasn't listening. Perhaps it was a matter of pride, but Karis had plenty of respect for proud Pokemon. She preferred them to humble, perfectly obedient pets.

"What are we going to do, love?" she asked, more to herself than her Pokemon. "I suppose first we could go about naming you. I can't just call you Dog, can I?" Poochyena shrugged noncommittally. "No, we can't. But what shall I call you? I've heard them all before; Fang, Killer, Doom. You need something more unique." He glanced at her curiously. Hanging around the gym, he'd no doubt heard the nicknames as well, and had been somewhat dreading having to answer to the same name. The trainees weren't even the worst of it. He'd seen so many Whismur named Whisper, Dragoinair named Dragon, cat types named Kitty, and Electric types named Sparky. It made him grit his fangs every time. If Karis could break out of that mould he would not only be surprised, but gain some respect for her at the same time.

Karis absentmindedly stroked the fur of his back and found that it was surprisingly soft. Different names ran through her head, but one stood out. "How do you feel about Taz?" she asked him. He pondered it for a moment, then let her know he liked it with a low whuff. A small smile curved her lips. "Alright, then. You can be Taz." She could have sworn that his tail gave a feeble wag.

Before long, Karis began to truly feel confined. The lack of anything to do coupled with the size of the cabin made her feel claustrophobic. "Can I trust you to stay by me if we go on deck?" she asked Taz. He twitched an ear, which she took to mean that she could, so she got to her feet and crossed the room to the oak door. After making sure Taz was following, she pulled it open and went out into the sunlight. It still made her cringe a little, and Taz twitched a little himself, but being out of the tiny room was wonderful, as far as the both of them were concerned. The salty scent of the ocean was stronger now that they had entered open water. There was even a light, pleasant breeze. Ferries always had things to do on them, especially for long trips, so there had to be some options. But none of them really came to her.

That is, until the thought of her first few training battles came to mind. Taz needed experience, as did she, or else she would never complete Esthin's task. "We just need to find someone to test our skills against," she mused. Taz trotted ahead of her, ears perked. He seemed energized by the oceanic atmosphere and by the thought of proving himself in combat. He had been born, raised, and trained with fighting in mind. It showed in his personality and his priorities, even in the way he carried himself. Taz had the eyes of a professional fighter, sweeping back and forth in search of his next foe; perhaps victim would be the better word for it. His ears turned in the direction of every sound, and he carried his tail high in the symbol of a challenge. The first person to cross his path would be the first contestant.​

Last edited:

LordSephy

Years
  • As they walked on Sephy marveled at the places around them, beautiful, truly beautiful....This trip would be a pleasant one if they got to see a lot of places like this. "Well, he's a pretty famous pokemon trainer and a League Champion, he's been to all the towns in Johto a bunch of times, especially Blackthorn City, he made friends with every Gym Leader he beat, so I assumed he made friends with Clair." The place was beautiful, no two ways about it, the ambience was pleasant to the ears, the scenery to the eyes. When Sephy heard out of place noises he looked and saw Fyora fiddling with a fallen branch, the cooing puffball she pulled out was absolutely adorable. "Awww.....it's so cute it makes me want one...oh wait, that reminds me!"

Sephy looked down in his hand, he had not forgotten the pokeball he had had for such a short time, but it had temporariliy slipped his mind. "Time to see what you are, Go!" He said, tossing the ball up intp the air where it burst open releasing a dazzling light which traveled to the ground began taking shape until it became solid, it was...."It's my Dad's Riolu, no way!" Sephy picked up the Riolu and hugged it, he was glad to see it again, it looked happy too, as it moved it's fur dazzlingly caught the light. "Hmmm....I think I'll call you...Shimmer, what'do ya think of that?" Shimmer jumped up into the air happily. "Rrrri!" "That voice is pretty high pitched, are you a girl?" Shimmer nodded. "Alright then, I'm sure you'll be warmed up pretty soon. We're gonna be great friends."

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
  • A dark shape ripped through the giant crowd of wingulls above the ship. The shadow then flew in a circle, asserting dominance over the skies above the fore deck. Christopher looked into the sky at Murkrow, assessing the black bird's skill at battle. Christopher's stomach was full of fried chicken, and Christopher was content to gaze at the sky as Murkrow flew lazy circles in the air, occasionally darting at a trespassing wingull or two.

Christopher then walked in the general direction of his room, A3, deciding to take a quick look over his supplies, and decide whether he would need anything later. Of course, all of Christopher's supplies were in his pockets. 'I'll need to buy a backpack as soon as possible. My pockets may soon become limiting,' Christopher thought to himself, his head in the clouds, and his eyes following his pokemon's flight patterns.

Christopher was then literally brought back down to earth, or at least the ship's deck, as his foot became caught on something, and Christopher's center of gravity shifted. The boy reacted quick enough to deflect most of the fall to his shoulder, but that didn't mean that the deck didn't hurt.

Christopher easily ignored most of the pain, though he did mutter a small "Ow" under his breath as he picked himself up. Murkrow swooped down to land on the ground next to Christopher, and looked at it's trainer as if to say, "Really?" Christopher ignored the bird pokemon to look at what had tripped him, and found that it had been none other that a feisty poochyena looking for a battle. The pokemon had apparently been taken by surprise at Christopher's fall, though it was now growling viciously.

The dog pokemon looked highly offended, though Christopher gave the pokemon a bland stare, saying "Well, you're the one who tripped me. Don't get your tail in a knot about it." It didn't look like that comment helped matters any.

Christopher rubbed his shoulder as if to emphasize his point that poochyena had physically harmed Christopher. The poochyena didn't seem to feel too guilty though. Christopher then looked up at the sound of footsteps from what must have been the poochyena's trainer. Indeed, the footsteps came from a pale skinned girl who had a cold edge to the very way she walked. Christopher inwardly grinned as he thought to himself; 'Oh joy, another trainer who doesn't believe in UV rays. However will I defend myself from her wrath.'

On the outside however, Christopher looked completely un-opinioned. Almost like the boy refused to project emotions. He had learned it from trying to show how quiet and obedient he could be to his parents. Every kid secretly yearns for attention, and Christopher submitted to his parent's whims to a fault.

Back