• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No spots open
    < Click images for theme song >

Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)

..:: DARKRAI'S B A L L O O N (OOC)
    Be Cursed Or Be Free, It Is Up To Thee

Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)

Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)

For discussion about this roleplay, go ahead here!
    For story/plot/setting/stuff, and of course the game itself, check the MAIN THREAD <<

The "Victims"...

Lv 10
    - Thundershock
    - Growl
    - Tail Whip
    - Thunder Wave
    - Wish
    Lv 10
    - Quick Attack
    - Mudslap
    - Water Gun
    - Pursuit​
    Lv 10
    - Psywave
    - Reflect
    - Rollout
    - Snatch
    - Confuse Ray​
    Lv 10
    - Incinerate
    - Rollout
    - Tackle
    - Rage
    Lv 10
    - Tackle
    - String Shot
    - Bug Bite
    - Silver Wind​
    Lv 10
    - Scratch
    - Leer
    - Assurance
    - Dragon Rage
    - Dragon Pulse​
    Lv 10
    - Scratch
    - Leer
    - Lick
    - Vine Whip
    - Magical Leaf
    Lv 10
    - Peck
    - Leer
    - Fury Attack
    - Wing Attack​
    Lv 10
    - Metronome
    - Odor Sleuth
    - Tackle
    - Defense Curl
    - Amnesia
    - Charm​

Rules/Guidelines/-ish

- The roleplay is rated PG-13. No unnecessary gore. No suggestive themes.

- If you want in, submit a Sign Up in this thread and wait for me to either accept or deny you. We will then start playing when I've posted Day 1.

- I will post the start of every new day, in game (not IRL :p) and you will play out the events of your character during that day. Be reasonable, you can only do so much in one day. Interact with the other players, this should not be an RP where you write your own chapter posts all the time and never meet the others. But one or two paragraphs per post is absolute minimum.

- At the end of every day, everyone will get a level, and you will get additional levels if you did a lot that day or wrote very fun/good posts.

- I will play the legendary pokémon, a few humans, as well as my own character. You will play your character and any NPC humans or pokémon you choose to throw into the game. You decide for yourself what wild pokémon it would be reasonable to encounter in each place. The gym leaders are the usual ones (HG/SS) and can be controlled by you like any NPCs.

- We are starting in the Johto region (more specifically, in the forest near the sea, to the south of New Bark town) in the normal game universe. No Pokémon Mystery Dungeon world here. Oh, and there is no Team Rocket.

- Check this map for help to visualize the Johto we are playing in, although we don't have to follow the exact routes. Yes, we can go to Kanto as well.

- You are allowed 6 moves at the same time. Since you are level 10 at the start you will at first only know moves you learn until then. As the game goes on, you will grow in levels and learn new moves, but you must then forget an old one. You will be allowed to learn TM/egg/tutor/whatever moves as well.

- Evolution comes with levels in most cases, and if it doesn't, we'll discuss it.

- No powermodding. When throwing an attack at someone who isn't an NPC, you will let that person determine the reaction.

- Slight bunnying might be allowed... but ONLY when it comes to TIME PASSING. For example, we can't stand in a clearing talking forever, soon we'll have to go somewhere and if one of us takes an initiative and writes that some hours has passed, then so be it. Just be careful so you're not jumping in time when someone would have wanted to act somehow. If you're unsure, ask the other players in the OOC thread (up soon).

Pokémon to choose from

Scraggy
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)

Timburr
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)

Shuppet
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)

Drilbur
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)

Ekans
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)

Aron
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)

Pawniard
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)

Cubchoo
    Darkrai's Balloon (OOC)

Name:
    (choose from the above list, you will be lv 10)
    Moveset:
    (up to 6, learned by leveling up until lv 10 and one egg move if you want. Most pokémon won't have 6 moves at the start, so don't be sorry if that's the case for you)

History:
    (include home town)

Personality:
    ( :D )

(it's awesome to have these on an SU sheet ^___^ You don't have to write much here.)

RP sample:
    (put it in a spoiler)

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    AMG OOC THREAD THIS IS SO EXCITIIIING. /never been part of a PokéCom RP before, durr!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Indeed n_________n

And, something about the balloon, you can't make it pop. I'll decide if it eventually pops.

EDIT: Now we're up. Go play, shoo!

Last edited:

Tandem

back with a vengeance!
    Years
  • Name: Andrea Lewis
    Pokémon Species: Buizel
    Moveset:
    Quick Attack, Mudslap, Water Gun, Pursuit
    History:
    Andi's life has been hectic since the day she was born. Her parents divorced only a few months prior to her birth, and due to that, she was constantly being bounced back and forth between the two of them. From the time she was four, she would spend most of the year in Goldenrod City, where her mother lived - but during the summer she would be sent to live with her father in Slateport City. This was the time of year that Andi always loved the most: the ocean was her calling. While there, she would spend nearly the entire time down at the beach, either swimming or lying on the sand with her pokemon. The locals all came to know her well, and they would laugh when they saw her - "Look at that girl go," they'd say, "she'd be better off as a fish." Andi probably would have agreed, if she'd ever heard them talking. When she was twelve, she began her journey as a pokemon trainer in the Hoenn region. It went against both of her parents wishes, but Andi never was one to be bossed around. Resigned, her parents each gave her a pokemon (a Squirtle and a Marrill, respectively), and she set off alone. Since then, she's been wandering around, catching pokemon and collecting badges. She's got four at the moment, but after this whole deal with Darkrai, who knows if she'll ever make it back to collect the rest ...
    Personality:
    Bossy as heck. Andi likes to be in charge, and no one can tell her what to do - ever. This often causes her to clash with other people, and due to that, she tends to be a bit of a loner. Still, Andi usually means well - she just has a hard time articulating it properly. Because if there's one thing that she is even worse about than being bossy, it's being stubborn. Yeah, not a good combination. Despite this, Andi actually tends to be a bit more on the motherly side, even if she won't admit it. As an only child, she's always wanted to be an older sister - something that's never happened because of her parents divorce. She's quite insecure about herself - a fact that she'll never admit - and due to that, she tends to try and hide it behind a mask of toughness.
    Swimming, Pokemon, loud music, summertime, sleeping in, ice cream, running, doing whatever she wants.
    Dislikes: Cold weather, annoying people, being bored, being told what to do, reading, spicy foods.

RP Sample:
    I basically hate capitol letters, so that's why there's none in this sample. I know how to use them, though. Promise. C:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You are accepted, but I'd prefer if you used a more readable font in your posts here (the standard one, perhaps?), as this one makes me have to squint my eyes :p Also, a good thing for readability is to hit ENTER twice whenever a character is saying something. I don't always do it, but it helps a lot when you want to write a pleasant-to-read post :3 I like Andrea's personality!

Tandem
    is accepted with Andrea the Buizel.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ok, I maybe will but I can't promise :) Though I've already allowed one extra spot so maybe I won't open up a new one until two people drop out. I mean, IF two people drop out. But they won't for a while at least ever!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha, glad you like it! Why do something usual ;)

Just saying that I'mma wait for Diamond, Ash_Ketchum or MichaelDj54 to post again, since Christopher spoke to Ayumi, Alexander and Evan before running off with Adam trailing behind.

Just wanted to say, you're doing a great job creating situations and living up the RP, Venomire :D

Years
  • I've written up a post and tried to make Evan's first introduction and interaction to other people. So far, nobody knows his name, referring to him as the Pansage. LOL. xD

The cue's for either Ace or Nika. Probably RHCP, since Ace just posted before me, but there's no rule stating you can't post just after somebody posts after you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No, there's no rule like that :) I'm planning to find Evan, since Ayumi rushed by Christopher forward. I'll post tonight, I think.

Guys, READ EACH OTHER'S POSTS. Adam the Sewaddle is also running behind Christopher, and Arachne is somewhere there too. Kris is in the air above and the Buizel, Miharu and Alexander and Lars are probably still in the clearing, unless their writers choose to write something about them soon. (I think)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Just to clarify, who is Arachne?

You'd known that if you had read Venomire's posts. :p

Come to think of it, it would be a bit weird if the rushing Christopher noticed the as good as camouflaged Pansage, knocked out. But then again, he could be tripping over Evan, if Evan had gone ahead of the little running group without noticing.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You'd known that if you had read Venomire's posts. :p

Come to think of it, it would be a bit weird if the rushing Christopher noticed the as good as camouflaged Pansage, knocked out. But then again, he could be tripping over Evan, if Evan had gone ahead of the little running group without noticing.

So Arachne is just a make-up character? Does Venomire control him?

I actually wanted Evan to be discovered by someone tripping over him. xD Yesh, you could say he unknowingly went ahead of the group, before crash-landing in their path and looking like a lush bush.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Well, it might be possible for Lars to find and trip over him? Since he's in a panic already and lagging behind most of the leading group. XD

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Fair enough. XD I've been kind of all over the place today, so I was trying to read all the posts and get my own in quickish (or else Lars'd be left behind |D). Sooo.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So Arachne is just a make-up character? Does Venomire control him?

I actually wanted Evan to be discovered by someone tripping over him. xD Yesh, you could say he unknowingly went ahead of the group, before crash-landing in their path and looking like a lush bush.

I wrote up a post just like that xD But Michaela posted before my post was finished, so I had to make it so that Christopher tripped over a bag instead.

Poor little Alex ^^

Oh, is Evan getting caught by the way? :O

Back