• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Data is not LZ77 compressed Advanced Series

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2022
    Hello everybody, I'm using windows 7, but I having a problem with Advanced Series. My AS cannot open Fire Red rom (pure rom, not hacking) because it said : "Data is not LZ77 compressed!" but Ruby and Emerald are working fine . Please help me fixing this !
    Thank you very much!

Data is not LZ77 compressed Advanced Series

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    I've been looking everywhere to solve this same issue. I even download multiple clean roms and nothing works. I cannot open any fire red roms.

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
    Years
  • Download UNLzGBA from here: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/362/

Open the FireRed rom in here. It should mention that the data is not LZ77 compressed, like above, BUT, it should ask you if you want to compress it as such. Let it do so. After it finishes, close out of the program and try A-Series again. This time, it should open the rom.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    I've been looking everywhere to solve this same issue. I even download multiple clean roms and nothing works. I cannot open any fire red roms.

Download UNLzGBA from here: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/362/

Open the FireRed rom in here. It should mention that the data is not LZ77 compressed, like above, BUT, it should ask you if you want to compress it as such. Let it do so. After it finishes, close out of the program and try A-Series again. This time, it should open the rom.

It's 2023, please stop recommending UNlzGBA and Advance Series, they are volatile and such a pain to work with which is exactly where you problems start.
    The only binary hacking tool anyone needs now is HexManiacAdvance. It literally handles *everything* except music. And it won't randomly decide to stop working or break your rom like it's 2005

Back