• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dawn/Hikari

what do you think about her

• ugly

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • beautiful

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • cool

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • awesome

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • super cute girl

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
  • Hey come on guys Dawn is cute. T^T
    I like Haruka, Kasumi, and Hikari. There's really no need to hate on any one of them, really. And I don't mind Dawn being feminine at all <3

StarGirl

sinnoh GF champion,Dawn
    Years
  • Hey come on guys Dawn is cute. T^T
    I like Haruka, Kasumi, and Hikari. There's really no need to hate on any one of them, really. And I don't mind Dawn being feminine at all <3

that's right everyone should respect Dawn...she just a girl,there is nothing to hate everything about her ya

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I second that narrow-minded statement.
    That's just plain rude >:C

So what if she's not Kasumi.
    If she were just like Kasumi, then all we'd hear from fan's like instead of this, is that Hikari is nothing but a cheap imitation and a Kasumi wannabe! Kasumi's beautiful and Hikari's cute? Umm their like perpetually 10 until the writers say so. So Hikari's a bit more childish in appearance and she wears a short skirt so what? Their two different people, no two people look alike! ecept for twins, but even then, their different. Kasumi walked around for three seasons in nothing but a pair of daisy dukes, a shirt, sneakers and suspenders but Hikari is the one who gets called out on being *censored* or whatever because her skirt stops at her hips.

I like Hikari. I like Kasumi and I like Haruka.
    All three are great characters in my opinion none of them is better than the other.
    I just don't get why fans just have to isolate themselves to one character and then bash the other.
    If you don't like her, then you don't like her, but not liking her for her looks or what she wears or how she trains, it just seems retarded. I could see if you didn't like her because of her personality, but not liking Hikari because she's not Kasumi is extremely shallow.
    Very nicely put. d(''d)

PS. It's hard to not bashing in threads like this.
    It really isn't. Just say you dislike Dawn and why. For example, "I don't like Dawn because she's just too peppy for my taste. :("
    Not "ZOmG sHE's sO tARdED desU MiSTY's wAY bETTeR <33333333 DAWN SUCKS OMG I HATE HER".
    Not saying your post was like that, of course. You get my point. ;3

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    There's nothing wrong with being a girly girl, it may be a trait you dislike, which is fine, but the way some people act, they make it seem as though being a girly girl is something that *deserves* to be hated >_> That isn't really directed at anyone, it's just something I've seen around this forum lately which has irked me.

I suppose she breaks the mold of other female anime characters (Weedle talks about the female anime stereotype) as she does not have large breasts or cleavage (the latter two do) (Also Dawn/Hikari doesn't.)

There are many different female anime stereotypes. Misty, in the first series at least, seems to be the tsundere stereotype https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere
    Jessie's sort of more of the extreme version though, I think.

I second that narrow-minded statement.
    That's just plain rude >:C

So what if she's not Kasumi.
    If she were just like Kasumi, then all we'd hear from fan's like instead of this, is that Hikari is nothing but a cheap imitation and a Kasumi wannabe! Kasumi's beautiful and Hikari's cute? Umm their like perpetually 10 until the writers say so. So Hikari's a bit more childish in appearance and she wears a short skirt so what? Their two different people, no two people look alike! ecept for twins, but even then, their different. Kasumi walked around for three seasons in nothing but a pair of daisy dukes, a shirt, sneakers and suspenders but Hikari is the one who gets called out on being *censored* or whatever because her skirt stops at her hips.

I like Hikari. I like Kasumi and I like Haruka.
    All three are great characters in my opinion none of them is better than the other.
    I just don't get why fans just have to isolate themselves to one character and then bash the other.
    If you don't like her, then you don't like her, but not liking her for her looks or what she wears or how she trains, it just seems retarded. I could see if you didn't like her because of her personality, but not liking Hikari because she's not Kasumi is extremely shallow.

Good post ^^

StarGirl

sinnoh GF champion,Dawn
    Years
  • that's right everyone should respect Dawn...she just a girl,there is nothing to hate everything about her ya and should treat her badly

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    I'm neutral towards her. Don't know enough, so can't say more than.

I'm much the same towards Dawn. At the start I really disliked her. Now however I think shes ok.

That damn Piplup is another issue altogether.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    She's cute.. that's really my only reason for liking her much, as most of the time she generally annoys me. There are some times where I'm just fine with her while watching episodes, but somehow.. that wears off, and I go back to finding her annoying. >_> Not sure why that is. I miss May. May was better.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2013
    She gotto be the most developed character in my opinon after 2 rounds lost in contest but i gotto say she is a little too annoying i guess the writer is in a joyous mood and wanna have some fun but its pokemon not real life and i agree with dawn's piplup *Charizard* is not a good piplup because it doesn't wanna evolve for me she not all bad she's average i guess

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    I don't HATE Dawn, but I can't really say I like her either.

I just feel she doesn't try her best as much anymore.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • Well, I like Dawn. She has a good style and nice design. Though sometimes her over-confident and whiny attitude is sort of.. Too much.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I liked her before...
    But I don't hate her now either...
    It's like she lost that appeal and freshness...
    I'm kinda hoping Kontone should replace her...
    I'm just bored with Dawn that's all...

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • It's not like I hate Dawn ¬_¬ it's just she's so annoying she tries to take the star role of the show and tries to be in the spotlight -_-'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back