• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Day 2: Grace: The day Lady Luck smiled...

Years
  • CdgRIlhXIAAsQdV.jpg

Hello again! Only me.

Complete turnaround from yesterday; today looks at a day in which you only seem to see in a movie/novel.

I'm of course talking about where said day goes from doing this:

freakout.gif

To something like this:

giphy.gif

So to paint the scene a little bit: I work as a Resourcer for a Recruitment Agency. My job entails essentially sourcing and registering people to then be placed into whatever clients are lookign for workers at that point in time.

Now generally speaking yes we have busy times where perhaps we are pushed a little for time to get these people but it's generally smooth sailing. However in the past few weeks we have got into a rut.

Out of the people I book in and register, I appear to have a 50/50 split. 50% don't even turn up to the initial interview and the other 50% don't actually arrive to work from Day 1. Maths and Logic therefore dictates that currently NOONE coming in is suitable therefore for any demands our clients have currently.

Normally this is OK, as I have a pool of people on standby for when this happens and requests are sorted promptly and efficiently.

However today that was very not much the case, when not one but SIX clients called looking between them for around 70 people compared to the usual 5-10. Needless to say, mine and my colleague Daniel's faces resembled this:

tumblr_inline_o4eewm7PHy1r8xzg5_500.gif

All hands on deck and 7 hours later we were still roughly 10 people short and with one hour to go things were looking extremely grim. We had tried everything from posting advers, walking around the town and even texting our existing candidates to say if they had any friends to send them in!!

As it was towards the end of the day, we decided to start doing the rounds of calling clients and letting them know we were shorting them for tomorrow's shift.

HOWEVER.

By some stupendous stroke of luck, we had 4 people call and then 6 people arrive on our doorstep all ready to rock for tomorrow. Hurrah! Of course that meant staying late but this was definitely needed and worth it as we now have managed to get everything sorted!

So all in all, today has been a very interesting day to say the least and there was a rather odd feeling to it all throughout; I've never been in that kind of situation where it just seems absolutely impossible to achieve what is needed and having that impending sense of utter failure, only for it to be completely flipped upside-down and suddenly everything has been righted once more.

Hopefully we don't encounter this moving forward!

That's all for now; stay safe PC!

Until next time,
    Ciao!
    Rabinov

Back