• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Day of Silence

Support?

• Total voters

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
  • One, urges aren't sins if you don't choose for them to come to you. Let's take this into perspective. You and me, let's chat right here. Say we lived in a world of opposites where straight relationships were outlawed and everybody was gay. Don't question it, just know that in this made-up world, being straight is a sin because their(let me make up a book) because their holy book known as the Forumpost says all straight relations are "abominations". Now, let's say you live in that world. Don't say, "oh but I don't, so it doesn't matter~" or anything to get off the point, just answer the question. Let's say you live in that world, and you're straight as a pin. When you turn 13 you get these funny feelings around girls and you're scared you'll get harassed by people when they find out you're straight. The Forumpost says it's a sin if "you can't resist the urges and be like everybody else". But you can't, you just don't feel the same when with a guy, you're only falling in love with women. Let's say there's many others like you now, who have set this think up called the Day of Silence to end the discrimination against straight people. You participate, but this guy known as ActorNaruto (yeah, I switched it, that's not you) goes around making fun at these protesters by making them talk and pressing "the right buttons".

You're straight, but now you're an utter sinner because you just can't like guys, no matter how hard you try, and now the Forumpost says you're gonna go to hell because of it.
    ----

Take that into perspective, NarutoActor. In a reversed, reversed world(our real world), that's how every gay person feels. They can't help it. You can't help being straight. They can't help being gay or bisexual or whatever.

Oh, but .

Sad. If religion teaches people not to question things and not to actually think... then to hell with it.
    Sure, I will live in your twisted world for one day. If this was the case I would be praying to FORMO the form springs god. Asking him for help and guidance with my strange urges. (even tho the pluming works for straights and not gays, so the human race was designed to be straight)

Also In that world I would try to please my God, and find favor in him. Even if that means putting things aside that I like. or love. That my friend is true Christainity. ( but I am not sure if you see me as your friend. haha oh well, lets me friends <3 :D)

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • I'll be your friend, sure, as long as you don't go out hurting homosexual people's feelings anymore, which, deny or not, you do. I don't see you stopping either, but I don't know.

If you don't have a problem with me being a Muslim(but you do too...) then I won't mind being your friend. But don't expect me to fall for any propaganda to turn me from my ways of "darkness" as you obviously see it.

Now, to talk about your reply, I have some statements to make. No matter what God says, people are entitled to choose their own way of life. As long as people still pledge themselves to whatever religion they lead, and they lead a good life, trying to do some good in the world, there's no gay or straight reason that they should be punished or sin-filled. There just isn't. It's this line you have to make between yourself and God. You either go all the way or not at all, but most people can usually find the middle ground between freedom and religion. To pledge faith to God isn't to live a life of solitude, closeted feelings, and secrecy. To pledge faith to God is to live your life and prove to God that you can honestly say you led a great life and tried to do something good. Whether the person you're in love with has a dick or not doesn't doesn't matter. Being gay isn't the sin. Living for God and not yourself is. Sure, if you have a religion, then you must love whatever entity that guides you, in this case, God. You definitely should live for God. But God does not say it a sin if you can't change who you are. It's how you live your life in actions. Do you bully and mock a person(example, your original post on this thread about the DoS), or do you accept and respect him/her? I don't think I need to say which way God wants you to live your life. But I will anyway because I don't know if you can pick the right answer. It's freedom and respect.

chadgraphix

the Fame.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversy

Let's end it.

Some people are gay, straight, or even bi (like me). Why don't you send me a hate message telling me how I'm "sinning," even if I haven't even had sex yet. :)

I think this should just be about whether or not you participated in it, and not some long, complicated argument.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    One, urges aren't sins if you don't choose for them to come to you. Let's take this into perspective. You and me, let's chat right here. Say we lived in a world of opposites where straight relationships were outlawed and everybody was gay. Don't question it, just know that in this made-up world, being straight is a sin because their(let me make up a book) because their holy book known as the Forumpost says all straight relations are "abominations". Now, let's say you live in that world. Don't say, "oh but I don't, so it doesn't matter~" or anything to get off the point, just answer the question. Let's say you live in that world, and you're straight as a pin. When you turn 13 you get these funny feelings around girls and you're scared you'll get harassed by people when they find out you're straight. The Forumpost says it's a sin if "you can't resist the urges and be like everybody else". But you can't, you just don't feel the same when with a guy, you're only falling in love with women. Let's say there's many others like you now, who have set this think up called the Day of Silence to end the discrimination against straight people. You participate, but this guy known as ActorNaruto (yeah, I switched it, that's not you) goes around making fun at these protesters by making them talk and pressing "the right buttons".

You're straight, but now you're an utter sinner because you just can't like guys, no matter how hard you try, and now the Forumpost says you're gonna go to hell because of it.
    ----

Take that into perspective, NarutoActor. In a reversed, reversed world(our real world), that's how every gay person feels. They can't help it. You can't help being straight. They can't help being gay or bisexual or whatever.

Oh, but .

Sad. If religion teaches people not to question things and not to actually think... then to hell with it.

Okay, just because of this well put together and constructive post. I am sending you a friend request.

Sure, I will live in your twisted world for one day. If this was the case I would be praying to FORMO the form springs god. Asking him for help and guidance with my strange urges. (even tho the pluming works for straights and not gays, so the human race was designed to be straight)

Also In that world I would try to please my God, and find favor in him. Even if that means putting things aside that I like. or love. That my friend is true Christainity. ( but I am not sure if you see me as your friend. haha oh well, lets me friends <3 :D)

And that is the reason my family gave up on religion many years ago. Intolerance and discrimination to those who are different is a bad thing, and a lot of parts of any religion seems to be an excuse to hate those who are different.

And that part of we are suppose to be straight is a load of ********. Every animal species (yes, humans are animals) on the Planet Earth has some homosexuals in it from primates to gut worms.

Our closely related species is known as the bonobos. The bonobo species is completely bisexual. They use hetro/homosexual sex to dissolve conflict and make sure peace is remained. This is, what I call, a utopia, a society with no conflict and no discrimination. This is an ideal world.

NarutoActor, I don't hate you for not believing what I do. I gave up on stuff like that when I gave up religion. I actually hope we can be friends. I am merely stating my side of the argument, and I am hoping that you will take it in to consideration.

~Team Rocket's Raichu

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • I'll be your friend, sure, as long as you don't go out hurting homosexual people's feelings anymore, which, deny or not, you do. I don't see you stopping either, but I don't know.

If you don't have a problem with me being a Muslim(but you do too...) then I won't mind being your friend. But don't expect me to fall for any propaganda to turn me from my ways of "darkness" as you obviously see it.

Now, to talk about your reply, I have some statements to make. No matter what God says, people are entitled to choose their own way of life. As long as people still pledge themselves to whatever religion they lead, and they lead a good life, trying to do some good in the world, there's no gay or straight reason that they should be punished or sin-filled. There just isn't. It's this line you have to make between yourself and God. You either go all the way or not at all, but most people can usually find the middle ground between freedom and religion. To pledge faith to God isn't to live a life of solitude, closeted feelings, and secrecy. To pledge faith to God is to live your life and prove to God that you can honestly say you led a great life and tried to do something good. Whether the person you're in love with has a dick or not doesn't doesn't matter. Being gay isn't the sin. Living for God and not yourself is. Sure, if you have a religion, then you must love whatever entity that guides you, in this case, God. You definitely should live for God. But God does not say it a sin if you can't change who you are. It's how you live your life in actions. Do you bully and mock a person(example, your original post on this thread about the DoS), or do you accept and respect him/her? I don't think I need to say which way God wants you to live your life. But I will anyway because I don't know if you can pick the right answer. It's freedom and respect.
    I love muslems, there so funny <3. The Evangelical goal is to make friends, grow close relationships with them ,and bring them to god. But you can chose to stay at the first step, but I might invite you to church, just don't get mad at me. :D

There is no middle grounds, there is light or darkness. You chose. You either follow God and his entirety or don't follow him at all. God gives you free will.

Back to your world, God wouldn't force me to be gay, he lets me chose. Okay but you say where born gay. So as long as I don't act on those gay feelings I am not sinning. You should ask god to change you because when you ask Jesus into your life your are reborned. ( so now your are born straight, make sense?)

Years
  • Well, this discussion has gone downhill since someone decided to bring religion into it. It seems like religious people would rather live in their own perfect world then deal with an ever-changing world and condemn people for being gay.

Back to topic, I didn't realize this was going on. I remember some person on the news mentioning it, but I thought it was for support of women who suffered from domestic violence who were afraid to speak out.

wee187

Years
  • I love muslems, there so funny <3. The Evangelical goal is to make friends, grow close relationships with them ,and bring them to god. But you can chose to stay at the first step, but I might invite you to church, just don't get mad at me. :D

There is no middle grounds, there is light or darkness. You chose. You either follow God and his entirety or don't follow him at all. God gives you free will.

Back to your world, God wouldn't force me to be gay, he lets me chose. Okay but you say where born gay. So as long as I don't act on those gay feelings I am not sinning. You should ask god to change you because when you ask Jesus into your life your are reborned. ( so now your are born straight, make sense?)

I don't need a Church. I have a Mosque, the "church" for my religion. :) And I believe there are middle grounds, otherwise my friend wouldn't be bisexual. It means he likes men and women.

And if following God means I can't be in the middle grounds, then I don't. But in my religion, we at least have that freedom, and we don't get labeled as sinners for feeling a bit different than everybody else. If anything is done with good intention, God sees it.

And Mario, sorry, yeah it really has spun into a controversial religious debate about homosexuality. I'm done with this thread now, and this argument. NarutoActor, send me a VM if you want to keep up this discussion. I think it's pointless though, since your opinion is basically to call people who can't control their feelings sinners.

But I just realized I never actually said I participated. I did participate in the Day of Silence, and I did my best to stay 100% silent to support my friend and all the people around the world who need to be heard, through the silence. Not speaking raises awareness when people ask why you're not talking. It's just as effective if not more than shouting it to the world.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I support the effort in its entirety, no matter how naive it seems. Though I didn't partake in the effort myself.

Years
  • I look at it this way: You are who you are and if some people don't want to accept you, forget them. At least you're following your own path instead of following what it written in some book 2000 years ago and not being flexible about it.

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    It's a good cause, but a stupid method. A silent protest?

EDIT: And yeah, why are politics being dragged into this?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I don't hate them xD I don't go around beating them up.
    Yeah, there really isn't enough facepalm in the world for this.

It's a good cause, but a stupid method. A silent protest?
    Not speaking exemplifies that those affected by bullying couldn't, or wouldn't, speak out about it at the risk of further abuse, or because anybody they told wouldn't take action. There's also the few cases of where people pass away as a result, making them unable to speak about their ordeal.
    That's how I see it, at least.

wee187

Years
  • It's a good cause, but a stupid method. A silent protest?

I respond with this: Not speaking raises awareness when people ask why you're not talking. It's just as effective if not more than shouting it to the world. If you go up to somebody and start talking to them, and they don't respond, you are definitely going to wonder why. It's a silent, peaceful, and very much working method.

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    I respond with this: Not speaking raises awareness when people ask why you're not talking. It's just as effective if not more than shouting it to the world. If you go up to somebody and start talking to them, and they don't respond, you are definitely going to wonder why. It's a silent, peaceful, and very much working method.

It just seems so silly to me though. It seems to further ostracize the participants from their peers.

chadgraphix

the Fame.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    Can't we all just get along? *awkward wink*

I think this thread should be closed due to high amounts of debate. We should have a debate forum, prolly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    The constitution is 200 years old. Should be scrap that? ever herd the saying "if it works, then why try changing it?"

Well, the founding fathers knew that their document would have to change, because people's thoughts and morals change over time. That is why we have something called amendments. That is also why our document is the oldest still in use Constitution, or whatever another country calls their's.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • Yes, but fundamentally it did not change. Also if morals change that is a scary thing, because then how do you know that you are morally right in the sight of people who look back ten years from now?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • That's not the point of it. Its purpose is to draw attention to bullying and other things queer kids in school have to put up with.

I didn't participate because I forgot about it. At least I can vote.

Ah, all right. I'd support it for that xD Since I don't think any human should be bullied for any reason :<

Back