• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death is Nothing

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2016
    What it feels like to die well depending it could start of painful or peaceful but i think that in all cases you'll reach a point of more peaceful a lot of social stuff likes to have going towards the light and lost close ones coming to pick you up. This then leads on as death is ether the end of everything or just the end of life and the beginning of everything else. Also the thought of just not having to deal with anything and possible just be like you are when you sleep is appealing to a lot of people who for them this world is too hard.
    I'm not sure if i would be scared of death i guess sometimes yes and sometimes no

Years
    My friend, Einstein didn't say "Curiosity has its own reason for existing" for no nothing.
    As it is, we are humans after all. We strive of hunger of question. We want to know em all after all :)

Death aih ? Seems fun, Let's go suicide ? but no, the moment you realize you're gonna die, your brain will always do something fishy to stop you. It's a debacle.
    Death is something we cannot define or determine. Death's definition in dictionary is "the action or fact of dying or being killed; the end of the life of a person or organism". And "the permanent ending of vital processes in a cell or tissue.". But my friend ! is demise built upon the genocide of tissues and cells ? the end of life form ? don't we die everyday ? Like "Oh god, I'm gonna die today due to not doing my homework!" or like "My emotions have died today" and blah blah. Demise can gaze upon us in hazardous ways, and sometimes, in philosophical manners as well. We have emotional demise, physical demise, mental demise, agricultural demise, honor demise, and so on...​

"Death is nothing", before saying so, at least build it upon the basis. Once died, you cannot come back, At least not with the same memories and the same body. So let's not try to die. We'll see what happens when death knocks the door in future then.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I'm not sure if I understand your questions properly, but if you're asking what it feels like while you're dying then it depends on the type of death. If it's a sudden death from an accident, or if you die in your sleep then you won't be able to feel it. If your question is asking what it feels like to be dead then you can't know as Kanzler said, because death is the state of no longer being alive. We lose all of our consciousness and no longer have control over any parts of our body.

To know what it feels like to be in a soon to die state, some people experience this!

..and I am not afraid of death. I'm still pretty young so I don't know why I would be.

All our life, we don't want to think of death, because we're living. But, we have those like me who are kind of wanting to know what death is like, so a thread like this decided it needed to be a thing today. I want to discuss it and all its contents: death. Mostly pertaining to this discussion: what do you think it might feel like to die? What is death? Are you afraid of it?

I'm going to refrain from answering right now. I'll end up getting "obsessed."

Carry on.

I have experienced death as it were. At least to a certain extent. The best I could describe it as is sleep. A sleep so deep you cannot register it. Likely though, as I was unconscious at the time of my death, I didn't notice the exact moments of my passing or what exactly it was like. I will say it is not a peaceful process though; nearly dying and coming back is...well as painful as it sounds, even under gifted hands and medical care.

as someone who's died and come back, i can at least tell you for certain it's pretty wild.

Yes. It's definitely wild. And life changing if you know what I mean. :3

I can't say I'm aware of your experience or what that was, but if you ever wish to share it, you may do so. :3

Mine was...admittedly a little less common of an experience and it did definitely change me in a lot of ways.

Years
    Melody:
    I have experienced death as it were. At least to a certain extent. The best I could describe it as is sleep. A sleep so deep you cannot register it. Likely though, as I was unconscious at the time of my death, I didn't notice the exact moments of my passing or what exactly it was like. I will say it is not a peaceful process though; nearly dying and coming back is...well as painful as it sounds, even under gifted hands and medical care.

I once had such tremendous and dreadful experience. But may we describe it as a sleep paralysis or not, is up to us.

There are some kinds of sleep paralysis that can give us goosebumps. Like the invader, In such paralysis, one cannot move their body, only the ear and eye and the nose is left untouched. In the invader situation, the gloomy and terrific shock will play a game with the brain, The brain will imagine the presence of an entity. And the rest may rest upon myth and religious cosmology if we bid to continue.

You may had have a kind of a sleep paralysis. Even I, once, went to a dream which seemed impossible to return from. And if you refer death like this, i died 2 times already then o'! I had such sleep paralysis where every part of my body was unable to move. Even my eyes, but i was awake. I knew what was going, but was unable to do anything. It was due to the process of muscle as i recall reading about it in the future. The muscle began to rest as i slept, but my brain didn't. Thus, causing a paralysis.

One may even deem the dreams as journeys to parallel universes, but i shall not move with the fiction at the moment. XD

Drake.

WORK MAKES YOU FREE
    Years
    I believe that there has to be something after death, as the concept of just disappearing completely after your life has ended just doesn't seem right. Of course, there's no way to know anything for sure, so I'm just going to avoid dying as best as I can.

Years
    Well, for our own sake, and believing in the "Never Lose Hope" Metaphor which is based upon our courage and audacity, we should never stop believing in the possibility of a life after death. Whether we reincarnate, or travel far away to the heavens or to hell, we shall believe in the existence of afterlife. As already said by few members, near death experiences of many people have given us a little or so hint about afterlife. People said they saw a delightful white light, and felt as if they have found pure happiness and had a delightful moment in their Near Death Experiences (NDE). While some complained about the fearsome dog that appeared throughout their vivid dream, which dragged 'em down to the malicious doors of hell.

But, our tendency to have believe upon the things only we can feel or see seems to be the hindrance after all!

Back