• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Death is inevitable...
    Therefore, I do admitt I am scared of what will happen when that day arrives. But until then I'll do my best to avoid it as long as I can, and enjoy the day's of being alive.

Even though death would end one's life, it would also end the stress in life but in exchange of course you loose the most precious thing's you ever had. You could say, it's like starting over in a game.

About the starting over, death is sorta the end, unless you believe in the afterlife or reincarnation, so it's more likely Game Over. Even though some want to believe they have conquered their fear of the inevitable and perpetual slumber, the end of one's life is never really a fate one can actually accept.

Zet

Years
  • Everyone is afraid of death, even the bravest person is, so there's no point in denying it. Though the only thing to do is to live your life to the fullest while you still can.

G-Man

disGRUNTled
    Years
  • I have no problem with a natural death because well, it's just part of life.

What bothers me is having my life cut short any other way. Not so much for myself, but mainly for the impact my passing may have on people I know. I had close calls like none other, both in normal life like almost getting hit by a car, or in my job, almost getting blown up sky high.

Am I ready for my time? Yes. But I hope it's a long ways off.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • I'm not afraid of death. Although I detest the concept of it. I'm more afraid of the way I'm going to die- I don't want to be drowned or hung. If I had a choice, I'd choose to die peacefully.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Just because something's natural doesn't mean it's good or even tolerable. Thinking such is a naturalistic fallacy.

I don't fear death. I just don't want it to happen, to me or to others who don't wish it. Personally, I would honestly love to live forever. Some people might disagree for various reasons, but I enjoy living too much to want it to stop.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • I myself do not fear death.

Richard Bach once said: "Here is the test to find out whether your mission on Earth is finished: If you are alive, it isn't." Shakespeare too: here
    I agree with both, we all have our reasons for being on the Earth, I do not fear death because then I know that my job here is done.

Socrates too:
    Now as you see there has come upon me that which may be thought, and is generally believed to be, the last and worst evil. But the oracle made no sign of opposition . . . I regard this as a proof that what has happened to me is a good, and that those of use who think that death is an evil are in error . . . . Let us reflect in another way, and we shall see that there is great reason to hope that death is a good, for one of two things:--either death is a state of nothingness and utter unconsciousness, or, as men say, there is a change and migration of the soul from this world to another. Now if you suppose that there is no consciousness, but a sleep like the sleep of him who is undisturbed even by the sight of dreams, death will be an unspeakable gain. . . . Now if death is like this, I say that to die is gain; for eternity is then only a single night. But if death is a journey to another place, and there, as men say, all the dead are, what good, O my friends and judges, can be greater than this? . . . What would not a man give if he might converse with Orpheus and Musaeus and Hesiod and Homer? Nay, if this be true, let me die again and again. . . . Above all, I shall be able to continue my search into true and false knowledge; as in this world, so also in that; I shall find out who is wise, and who pretends to be wise, and is not. . . . The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.
    We may not know what exists after we die - as its the fear of the unknown that scares many people - but Socrates proves a valid point, why fear death when it could be a gain rather than a loss?

That's just my views anyway.

Serperior

ɱɛʟт
    Years
  • To be honest, I think life is scarier than death, since death is a certainty, but life isn't. I could go on and on about this, but I'm not that type of person...

Years
  • Fear of Death is really a fear or the unknown, which is a primal human fear. Those with powerful convictions, such as the belief in the afterlife, probably look at death in a different manner, seeing as to them it really isn't the end of the road. Death is just another path, one which we all must take.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • No matter what we do in life to avoid it, death is still going to happen eventually since they are both two sides of the same coin. Nature doesn't care if you die in a month, a year, or even a century because everything that begins has an ending. I am not scared of it and if my time is up, then my time is up. To me, the meaning of life is to try to live it the best you can and be an all around good person before death rolls around.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I'm not so much as scared of death as I am of actually dying. It's interesting to think of what it would be like to be dead, which brings up an entirely different psychological topic. As stated before, we fear the unknown instinctively as humans.

But generally, yes, I have a mild form of thanatophobia.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I've said before that I have a very loose grip on reality... which does include death. I'm not like a daredevil or anything, but I'm so unafraid of death that I almost feel like it isn't even real. That's what my instincts tell me anyway. Luckily, my mind is strong enough to realize that it isn't the case.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I'm not too worried about the concept of death. I think my mind just goes poof and I completely cease to exist anymore. I can't really imagine what that'd be like, but that's fine since I've never died before.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    At funerals I weep for for the pain and loss of the living.

The thought of my death makes me sad for my friends and family but when I'm done I'm done. Hopefully it's quick and in my sleep.

Also, hopefully my student loan is paid off. That doesn't die. Sorry family!

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I am one who is afraid of death. I fear what I do not know. I fear the uncertainty. I'll be the first to say that I like living, also I'm not the religious type.

So by that logic the only logical thing to believe is that once you die your mind completely stops and you have no conscious thought.

What this means to me is that inevitably one day I will forget everything and not be able to think. Simply, death means the end of everything to me.

Because of this I am torn. On one side, I am in the belief that because nothing happens after death, nothing matters. This is that stereotypical depressed 10-year-old mentality. The state of mind that states that because you won't remember anything, and nobody else around you will remember anything, and that eventually the entire human race will perish and nobody will remember anything, that nothing matters.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    To be honest, yes and no.

I am kind of afraid of death. I'm more afraid of "what now?" No one is absolutley certain about what happens in the afterlife. Is it like heaven? Is it nothing? Is it something else not covered? Personally, I think that the idea of heaven is to make people less afraid of death. If they know they're going to someplace awesome after they die, why should they be disappointed and afraid of going there?

Years
  • I want to say that death is a part of life, that it's natural, that I accept this and don't worry about it and live my life... but then I see things like the violence in the Mideast or the earthquakes that have been hitting major cities. All those people who died or came so close to dying - it makes me a little scared that I might die suddenly before I'm ready for it. I'm afraid that I won't get to finish what I've started. I'm not quite sure what that is - I guess you could call it my life - but I want to be at peace when I die and not full of worries.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Yes and no. I feel like death isn't the end - but still, it is kinda scary that your beloved ones aren't able to see you any more.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • I am not afraid of death, I find it to be a terrible inconvenience. Once you die, that's it. You won't be able to have achieved all your goals, and 60-100 years is not near enough for me to do that. I am planning on saving money to have my body frozen after death, so that I can be resurrected into a cyborg when the technology is advanced enough. After that, once I have finished everything I need to do, I'll just end my life with a feeling of completeness.

Back