• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I use death as a motivator. If you know there's an end it spurs you on to live. It's what's made me into the headstrong risk-taker who has written before you. It's what pushed me to get involved with projects that have changed my life, It's what's pushed me to admit to my guy friend I was attracted to him... albeit distantly, "you only live once" and all that.

But... I fear death. Not it happening to me, but more the idea that I just go and thats it; That the world lives on without me. Nonetheless, it's going to happen whether I like it or not, so I may as well just accept it.

As for how I die, I want it to be impressive, not crossing the road or with a freak accident with a toaster. As long as I do good with my life, then fine.

~Darkness~

NJ All Day
    Years
  • I'm not afraid as much as I am curious. I wonder what will happen to me after I die? I believe in Heaven and all that but you can never be to sure.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I am afraid of dieing by murder or car crash or something like that. But, if I am old I won't be because I am a Christain and I will be going to heaven.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Yeah, Death isn't scary for me at the moment.
    But I'll probably fear it when I get really close to dying.
    But, if it happens, it happens. I hope I die with no regrets, though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Afraid of dying? No.
    Afraid of HOW i'll die? Now that's a little different.

Ya know, a guy in my class is joining our military, and he said he's not afraid of dying or getting shot. But if he were to die in combat, he'd want to see it coming. He'd want to know whatever it was that killed him. And I agree. I mean anyone at least deserves that much, right? So no, not afraid of death. ... I just don't want to be brutally murdered. -_-

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I still get scared of the idea of death. But I'm a strong believer in that there's something after death. You've got to have some faith if you're afraid of death. I also believe in the quote "The trick is to live your life so you will be prepared for death when it comes."

Most of us on this forum are fairly young so its natural that we would be afraid to die now. But if we live to be 80 or 90 and/or were suffering from an illness, death would seem almost welcoming. In the words of J.K. Rowling "Dying would almost be like going to bed at the end of a very long day."

Raba

Dashuu~
    Years
  • a tl;dr post from another forum:
    Spoiler:

adding on to it, I'd like to think that Death is just a part of everyday life, effecting some more than others.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I don't fear death, not by a long shot. There is nothing exactly for me to be afraid of. Rather I'm afraid of what I would die by, or afraid that I wouldn't get to accomplish my goals in life. Not.. afraid of death.

I may not be afraid of it, but that doesn't mean I'm ready for it. I won't ever be ready, not even close. I'd live forever if the choice was mine. It isn't like I go seeking and hunting out death. I'll let it come to me on it's own terms.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I don't fear death, but it actually fascinates me. Now, I'm not saying that I think it's good or amazing... it's not. It can be very painful to lose someone. Rather, death fascinates me because it's so unknown. Nobody knows for sure exactly what happens to you after you die. Sometimes I go to cemeteries just to ponder, and read the tombstones (my friends think I'm crazy for that, but I don't really see why). A particular tombstone that caught my attention was from 1906. It belonged to a baby girl who died on the same day she was born. It was tragic, but it made me remember that death is a mysterious thing and can happen to anyone when you least expect it. That's why life should be embraced and lived to the fullest, because you never know when you'll be gone.

Back