• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dell Factory Reset

Final Fantasy

High five!
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2010
    Hi, I'm trying to reset my laptop I got for Christmas in 2007.
    It is a Dell Inspiron 1520 with Vista. Help, please. =]

Years
  • I don't own a Dell but I do have a HP laptop. Did you delete the restore partition of you laptop if it came with one? If not then use that to restore to factory defaults.

Years
  • Or if you have the correct Vista install disc, you could do a fresh install, using the code from your Windows licence sticker. You have to toss up whether you are prepared to get in cleaner install, without McAfee, etc with the possiblity of having to install drivers. If you don't really know what's involved, I would suggest recovery. Look for Start Menu entries for Dell recovery, or google a guide for your specific computer - some approach recovery in different ways.

Back