• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DENN - ecotage, political turbulence, sightseeing

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Riley had carefully watched the young woman walk in, a Houndoom following behind her, noticing her neat hand-writing and expensive belongings. She pretended to stare intently at her magazine as the woman came and sat beside her, and she could feel the weight of her gaze. She snapped her magazine closed abruptly, shoved it into her bag and turned to the young woman.

"Riley Forrester, it's good to meet you," she said, extending a hand with a broad smile on her face. She knew they could, possibly, be stuck with one another for ten hours or more, so it was important that she made a good first impression and tried to be friendly. She would try not to be too over the top with her greetings, and had to remind herself to be controlled and not scare this woman off.

"Nice day for a trip through the stuffy forest, right?" she laughed, trying to steer the conversation to a nice, safe topic – the weather. The weather in Denn was notoriously unpredictable, but she foresaw a long, hot day under the leaves in the Deep Dark Forest. Her thoughts wandered to Shingle, her mother's Seadra, who could cool them down with a nice Bubble if it got too unbearable.

Last edited:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    Samantha was a little unsettled by Riley's sudden greeting. Had she been caught staring? She blushed slightly. "Samantha. Samantha Leon," she replied politely, and returned the handshake. Her fingers were cold. She sat up straighter, at attention.

She nodded. "Oh yes. It's very nice out. They say this is the hottest summer in ten years," she added, mentally rebuking herself as she did so. She did not want to start a conversation about the weather. "I don't like the heat myself, but..." A shrug.

She changed the topic rather shyly. "So you're going through the forest too?"

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Riley smiled and nodded, seeming a little dreamy as she did so as her mind wandered. "Yeah, can't say I'm looking forward to it, though, on account of this unbearable heat. Plus, those Rapidash don't look completely reliable," she said with an easy smile, picking at a loose thread in her jeans and tutting a little impatiently at it.

"You know what time we're leaving? I mean, the Ice Queen over there wouldn't tell me anything other than where to sit and what forms to fill in," she muttered, indicating the receptionist with an impatient huff. "I'm sorry if I made you jump earlier, by the way, I'm just fairly socially challenged," she laughed, going into her bad and producing a small packet of Oran berry flavoured sweets.

"Here, they taste amazing," she said, offering Samantha the bag with a smile.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    {Heh heh, the ritual sharing of food.

I have some bad news - Agamemnon's dropping out, and I'd like at least three total people in this roleplay before it gets underway...so I'm going to try canvassing to see if anyone else is interested. Unless you'd be interested in doing this as a onexone roleplay?}

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    If you're still looking for another person.

Name: Drake Ravenholm
    Personality: Drake is a withdrawn man who spends more time talking to his pokemon than other humans. Fitting his specific type of pokemon, he's usually called a depressed person because he doesn't really talk to other humans.

Though he dislikes battle he is a confident trainer, His favored type is said to match him perfectly in both his actions and his tone of voice. Disliking overbearing trainers who boast about how powerful they are, he'll usually take a chance to put them in their place.

While he has no real intimidation factor he does have a strong aura about him, punctuated with a studying gaze. he will ask many questions if he feels he can trust a person to gauge them.

Appearance: Drake is a man who is close to two meters tall and wears a trench coat with a symbol of an Umbreon's head against the moon on each shoulder and the back of it, under the coat is a red t shirt and blue jeans and a pair of black boots since he spends most of his time in the forest. His bright blue eyes seem to glimmer with both happiness and a slight sadness. a scar adourns his cheek going down to his neck which he tries to hide with the collar of his coat.

History: Drake Grew up in a small out of the way town called Armistus. His father was one of the toughest trainers in that town. He did his best to make Drake out to be like him. Drake prefered spending his time reading instead of messing around with his fathers fighting pokemon. His father was enraged when Drake rejected the pokemon his father had chosen for him, instead deciding on instead raising an Eevee the town elder gave him. Drake kept that Eevee close to him and left when he turned 18. by then his Eevee had evolved into an Umbreon and marked his path as a Dark type Trainer.

Pokemon: Drake possesses three pokemon. His Umbreon he named Luna when she evolved which knows Dark pulse, Psychic, Confuse ray, Double team, and Moonlight. An Absol who he never officially caught, which knows Double team, Shadow Claw, Swords dance, and Quick attack. it just decided to follow him around, and will sometimes tease him by letting him toss a poke ball at it but never staying in it. and the only non-dark pokemon he has, a Lucario, Who he took with him as a Riolu, It knows Calm Mind, Aura Sphere, Dragon pulse, and Foresight.

What you are traveling with: Drake carries with him a few survival books, basically what is edible, what isn't, a map or two, a specific book on how to turn various plants into medicine for both people and pokemon.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    {Thanks, Demon (if I can call you that). That was very good timing - you're in! Feel free to jump in wherever we are.}

"Oh, orans! Thank you so much," Samantha gushed, recognizing the brand. She took one candy and left the bag. "I haven't had one of these since I was 10," she laughed, with a curious jerk of the shoulders. Oran candies belonged to a strange, half-forgotten part of her childhood - for some reason the kiosks rarely stocked them. For now, though, the candy stayed in her hand, twirled anxiously between her fingers.

"Well, according to the schedule, it should leave at one-twenty, so..." She glanced at her wristwatch. "Another fifteen minutes? But I don't know if they're...punctual, do you?"

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    {Good to have you on board, Demon!}

Riley laughed and agreed; there was something about Oran's that reminded her of her own childhood. "I would imagine that they run pretty punctually, seeing as how it's a pretty long journey, they don't want to be leaving too late," she concluded, flicking an Oran in the air and catching it deftly in her mouth.

"I wish they'd let us have our pokémon out, though. It makes me... Antsy to think of them in their pokéballs when goodness knows what is out there. Or in here," she said a little darkly, then shook herself and brightened her mood and voice. "You never know, we might see some rare pokémon going through the forest!"

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    { Sorry about vanishing! I'm in over my head with homework. }

Samantha didn't feel entirely the same way. She knew Lora wasn't up to anything - the Linoone was probably snoozing in her Pokeball. Jackie had had plenty of fresh air. But she nodded anyway. Such sympathy for one's Pokemon was something to be valued.

At the mention of wild Pokemon, she touched her throat with a nervous gesture. "Oh..have you been through the forest before?" Her field guide on Pokemon had a few pages dedicated to species found in the Deep Dark Forest. They weren't reassuring. Her young mind could hardly imagine what the way through the forest would look like, and for that reason her imagination had warped the very idea of 'forest' into something dark and twisted, populated by flitting shapes and glaring yellow eyes.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    {Not a problem, should we VM Demon to remind them they were accepted?}

Riley considered the question for a few minutes. Yes, she had been through before, but she'd been too young to remember it. Her father had taken her through to visit the museum on the other side. The memory made her eyes glaze for a moment before she shook herself back awake.

"I have, but it was a while ago. I'm sure it'll be fine - I mean, if there was something really bad in there, tourists wouldn't be allowed to go through." She tried to fill her voice with a little more hope than she felt - she was letting negative thoughts get the better of her.

"Anyway, I can't wait to see who else winds up coming through with us. This trip is like a giant social gathering for the right people!"

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    {Are signups closed? If not, I'd like to do this one.}
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    (I'm Here)

Wandering through the forest followed by the tails of his coat Drake studies the terrain the Absol who follows him looking hungry as he's sure his other pokemon "I'm looking I'm Looking... Not a lot in this forest that looks edible... I woulda got some food back before we left but I wasn't looking forward to a Hitmonchan punch to the face..." he says to the Absol pulling a book from his rucksack looking for a plant he noticed in it.

a few moments later both Human and Pokemon looking defeated "Poisonous... Figures... It looked good too..." the human mutters what more could they do but continue?

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    { Hooray, an ecoterrorist at last! You're accepted. Your character's motives should put some spice into this travelling group. Jump right in.

I should have said this before, but sign-ups should go in the OOC thread. Except that they're now closed, so whatever.

Any other names for Denn's cities are appreciated, because I don't have any at the moment. They'll be added to the map in the oCC thread. I'm wondering just where Irun and Demes are located, though. Cirrus, can you check the map and tell me?

Foxfiredemon, your intro needs a lot of reworking. I'm going to give you a warning. To begin with, we aren't in the forest yet - we're waiting for the carriage to arrive. All sentences should be in the past tense. Watch for run-on sentences. An intro post should be about five times longer, since our characters need a lot of information to form a first impression. }

BIC:

"True," Samantha chirped, dimpling her cheeks with a smile. The smile was forced.

The glass door suddenly swung open and let in a stream of backpackers. On closer inspection, there were only three, all tanned and in high spirits. Their voices and gesturing hands filled the room. With them came a smell of hay, dust and sweat. One of them, the gal, could be heard saying: "- the size of it? I've never seen one that big -" The dark-haired man beside her replied, "That's nothing, when I was in Melbourne -" The third seemed to be ordering rooms for them out of a wallet bulging with cash.

In the commotion, Samantha stood up impulsively, a little unsettled by the self-assurance of the arrivals, and clutched her backpack to her knees. "That must be our ride," she murmured, looking out the door where the sides of some Rapidash could just barely be seen.

{ Celuthea, if you want to jump ahead a bit, the driver of the cart has dumped his passengers and is trading his four tired steeds with the fresh Rapidash tied to the front of the inn. He'll probably want a drink before starting the ride back. }

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    {Okay, I'll skip a little to where they get called to get into the cab. Welcome to the new guys :D}

Riley heard her name and jumped to her feet, pulling the enormous rucksack onto her back and settling the straps before turning to make sure Samantha had heard her name being called. "I guess we're off," she said, pulling some scratched sunglasses from her pocket and jamming them on her face, adjusting them on her nose as she stepped into the bright sunlight.

The driver was drinking from a huge mug full of water, spraying some down his face and some on his shirt. Riley looked nervously at the Rapidashes who were steaming and snorting, shackled to the front of the cab and stamping their feet. "They look a little tempremental."

"They're the best team on the run," the driver boomed, making Riley jump a little where she stood.

"Someone is a little too proud of his pokémon," she whispered to Samantha, pulling the cab door open and holding it for her.

"Don't get in until we have a full cab," the driver snapped, making Riley jump. She slammed the door and leant back against the cab, glaring at him from under her glasses.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    (Yeah I got writers block for one, two I'm actually gonna bow out... Not enough time for a RP right now.)

Cirrus

Years
    Rein looked past the panes of the clear glass doors. A bit out of breath after trying to sprint across five blocks to catch the carriage that was leaving at one-twenty precisely, Rein finally skidded to a stop in front of the carriagehouse. He entered, wiping a couple of beads of sweat off his forehead, into the waiting room. The carriage had already arrived, the driver just switching his Rapidash with fresh ones. But there was no need to hurry too much. Rein stood in line, taking the time available to him to brush off the chalky dust from walking in the city.

"Papers, please." Rein held his hand out a bit impatiently to the receptionist, who handed him the forms slowly. With a flourish of his hand, Rein began to sign the necessary documentation required for the journey.

"So, you have to sign your name here, and there, and then there. Got all that? Now I'll need a nominal processing…" Rein was slightly annoyed somehow, although that was probably a side effect of the heat outside. It's clouding my judgment, thought Rein. I have to recollect my nerves… normally I'm more careful than this. Even though the heat is a bit abnormal because of the environmental issues and the throng of Rapidash nearby… Withdrawing his emotions, Rein's voice was merely an almost emotionless statement, carefully made. "Fees. Absolutely." With that, he handed it over. "I do believe that you understand I am registering for the carriage service at one-twenty, correct?"

Now that he had calmed down, it remained for him to wait on the bench for his forms to be processed; he did not seek human company much anyway. He had already seen a plethora of people in line before him, tourists aimlessly chattering this or that. I was once careless, Rein smiled faintly, and to an observer it could have been because of any reason at all. Without worry. This will happen when the government is overthrown. And I'm reminded of it every day of my waking life. Constant oppression has made me sardonic, it seems. Not a good tendency.

The receptionist was finally finished signing, and signaled to him that it was time for him to leave. Well obliged, thought Rein. I wouldn't want to miss the carriage ride. And standing up, he walked past the glass doors and outside without hesitation. Joining the crowd of people outside waiting to go on their collective ride.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    { Sure, Demon. See you around. }

Samantha had shouldered her pack and followed Riley outside to where the carriage was waiting in the dust. It seemed like the summer heat had increased. Samantha looked a little stunned; her vision swam in the haze of sunlight until she remembered and pulled down her shades. The driver was leaning disinterestedly against the carriage and chewing his cigar. He had a long, stubbled face, a Texan moustache, and a ten-gallon hat that Samantha was frankly jealous of. She was hatless. It took a moment for her to realize that all three of them were wearing sunglasses.

The shady interior of the carriage looked very inviting, until the driver's voice rang out: "Don't get in until we have a full cab." She stepped away from the open door and looked up hopefully at his face, but could read nothing of his expression behind the sunglasses.

Scuffling behind her: someone had joined their group. She turned towards him, paused a moment, then smiled. He looked pleasant enough. The excitement of being about to leave had made her more chatty. "Hi! Are you going with us through the forest? I think the cab's about to leave! I'm Samantha; she's Riley."

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Riley waved to the newcomer with a slightly dazed smile on her face, keeping an eye on the driver for the slightest indication that they could climb aboard the coach, whose interior looked soothingly cool. She stuck her hand out to greet the man, still with the dazed smile on her face as she stepped forward.

"You can get in, now," the driver told them, nodding in the direction of the open cab door. Riley smiled broadly at him, pulled her pack off her shoulders and threw it into the cab before following it, settling herself down in the corner beside the window.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    Just as Riley climbed into the carriage, a tall and skinny figure came stumbling and panting down the road at a rapid, uneven pace. The young man was trying to a support a suitcase that looked to be about half his weight while shouldering an equally heavy-looking book bag that bumped awkwardly against his bony hip with every step. As he reached the doors of the stagecoach terminal he paused to set down his suitcase, wipe away the film of sweat that had accumulated atop his upper lip with the back of his hand, and adjust the chafing strap of his satchel with a shrug of his shoulder.

Angling his head to read the sign posted above the doors of the building and double-check that he was in the right place, Marcus caught sight of the coach that was currently being loaded. With a start, he snatched up his luggage and lumbered into the building as quickly as he could. Wouldn't do for him to miss this one - coaches didn't leave very often, and he had heard stories of bad things happening to travelers stranded in strange towns.

He was out again in record time - perhaps he had encountered a more hurried receptionist, or perhaps his own air of desperate, almost pathetic urgency had infected her and made her not want to be in his presence any longer than possible.

Marcus had a tendency to do that to people sometimes.

He shuffled over to the waiting cab, pausing behind the two people who had arrived before him in order to let them enter first. It was the polite thing to do, he figured, even though it was blazing hot out and his arms were killing him.

Cirrus

Years
    Outside the office, Rein was greeted. Amiably, by two female travelers. A possibly slightly comforting thought, thought Rein. This still could be a trick. And out loud, he greeted the first trainer that had spoke to him. "Greetings, Samantha." Being careful to keep the sarcasm on his voice at a very low level, although he did not care to control his expressions as much. His tone was polite, cultured, and controlled. "Good afternoon to you and your friend."

A few brief moments later, another young man came to the carriagehouse. Sprinting down the dust-laden road, the young man kicked up a miniature storm of yellow particles, heaving his heavy luggage like there was no tomorrow. Poor kid, mused Rein. He probably needed a hand. He unconsciously referred to the young man as kid; in his mind, he was no longer a child, and this was recognized a long time ago.

And as the young man made it outside after encountering the receptionist to wait to get onto the carriage, Rein stifled a smile, and offered a hand to the kid and his belongings. This might have been misinterpreted, however, as Rein's gesture was so general that it could come to mean anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back