• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Depressed Gamer

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon are my two favorite video game franchises of all time and I must say I am pretty letdown by their newest installments. KH3 more so. I was waiting a decade and a half for that game. These past few weeks I have finally got to it and it is by far the worst KH game. The mini games are lame, the Pirates of the Caribbean world is a drag, and I've grown old enough to realize that the combat system in KH is just designed to make you feel flashy - there is no strategy or sense of challenge to it. Pretty much the only reason I've picked up the controller to log hours on KH is because the cut scenes meaning I look at the game as more of a movie than a game. Then as far as Pokemon goes, I really do feel SwSh is a massive letdown. The reason for that isn't the hundreds of moves or Pokemon they took out. It isn't the poor looking texture on the trees that look like they are out of Ocarina of Time. It's the bare bones story. No caves or wildly fun routes. Extremely linear (all PKMN games are linear but this one appears to have achieved new heights in that regard). And most of all the lack of a post game. The other day I was contemplating buying a Switch to get PKMN SwSh but after performing extensive research it simply looks like the most disappointing Pokemon game ever excluding Pokemon Channel for the GC. As a Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts fan I'm really depressed. I guess I'll just play NBA 2K.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

There are a few thoughts that come to my mind here in response to this.

But the first thing I would say in response is this: never have expectations. Expectations are what lead to disappointment. I think this is a fundemental failing of both long-running franchises and their fans: over time, it becomes impossible to meet the expectation that the quality will remain consistently high, because nostalgia is an extremely powerful force in the video game industry (if it weren't, then franchises wouldn't last half as long as they do) and it's getting harder and harder to impress people as corporate executives back themselves into a corner by hyping up game performance and bloated budgets, with not enough time to make a decent product. The landscaping of gaming has changed, but people's expectations have not changed to match it - people seem to expect sixth generation or earlier quality titles with current generation performance and visual quality, and that is just not going to happen most of the time. Or even if it does, it's going to be almost exactly the same experience as it was before, and it's never going to feel as exciting as it did the first time. So appreciate a game for what it is, rather than what you think it should be or would be if it were made at a different period in time, and you will enjoy it significantly more.

There's also the possibility that you're just bored with it? Pokemon, as the best example, has not changed at all in any significant way since the first generation. Every game since Gen III has recycled Gen III's narrative to a tee. They've stopped making meaningful additions to the gameplay since Generation IV and have instead relied upon gimmicks to sell the games and differentiate them from past titles - Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, etc. There have been QoL improvements made to the games as time has gone on, but this is a product of the hardware more than it is of a natural evolution of the franchise: you expect things to become more streamlined and convenient as the technology supports it, and that's not an unreasonable assumption to make. But these don't constitute meaningful change to the core experience, which is the same old thing it's always been. If you play the same thing over and over and over, you eventually get bored. Newer instalments just might not be as captivating in some respects because they don't do anything you've not seen before.

My advice, if you'd care for it (and even if you don't I'm still going to offer it, because I'm opinionated like that) would be to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new. Don't look at reviews or recommendations - there is no such thing as objectivity in measuring the value of a video game, a perceived majority opinion is not somehow anything other than a collection of opinions, regardless of whether it's been published in a magazine or written on a message board on the internet - but instead just pick something from a genre you haven't tried, or something that looks like it might appeal to you based on your preferences, and...go for it. As an example, since Square Enix made Kingdom Hearts, look at other Square Enix games. Look at other ARPGs. Or just look for something that feels similar to you aesthetically and see where it takes you. There are a ridiculous number of video games out there, just because your favourite series have failed to hold your interest for whatever reason doesn't mean that you can't find other games you can enjoy. Some might even be better. You've been playing video games for a while now, you know what you like and don't like, and you don't need someone else to dictate to you what you should play or like, I would hope. So experiment a bit!

No matter what the game, if it fails to respect your time as a player, or you don't enjoy it, then it isn't worth playing. It's certainly not worth being depressed over. Plenty more fish in the sea, as the saying goes. You've got so much to explore and discover, and so much to look forward to!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    There are a few thoughts that come to my mind here in response to this.

But the first thing I would say in response is this: never have expectations. Expectations are what lead to disappointment. I think this is a fundemental failing of both long-running franchises and their fans: over time, it becomes impossible to meet the expectation that the quality will remain consistently high, because nostalgia is an extremely powerful force in the video game industry (if it weren't, then franchises wouldn't last half as long as they do) and it's getting harder and harder to impress people as corporate executives back themselves into a corner by hyping up game performance and bloated budgets, with not enough time to make a decent product. The landscaping of gaming has changed, but people's expectations have not changed to match it - people seem to expect sixth generation or earlier quality titles with current generation performance and visual quality, and that is just not going to happen most of the time. Or even if it does, it's going to be almost exactly the same experience as it was before, and it's never going to feel as exciting as it did the first time. So appreciate a game for what it is, rather than what you think it should be or would be if it were made at a different period in time, and you will enjoy it significantly more.

There's also the possibility that you're just bored with it? Pokemon, as the best example, has not changed at all in any significant way since the first generation. Every game since Gen III has recycled Gen III's narrative to a tee. They've stopped making meaningful additions to the gameplay since Generation IV and have instead relied upon gimmicks to sell the games and differentiate them from past titles - Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, etc. There have been QoL improvements made to the games as time has gone on, but this is a product of the hardware more than it is of a natural evolution of the franchise: you expect things to become more streamlined and convenient as the technology supports it, and that's not an unreasonable assumption to make. But these don't constitute meaningful change to the core experience, which is the same old thing it's always been. If you play the same thing over and over and over, you eventually get bored. Newer instalments just might not be as captivating in some respects because they don't do anything you've not seen before.

My advice, if you'd care for it (and even if you don't I'm still going to offer it, because I'm opinionated like that) would be to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new. Don't look at reviews or recommendations - there is no such thing as objectivity in measuring the value of a video game, a perceived majority opinion is not somehow anything other than a collection of opinions, regardless of whether it's been published in a magazine or written on a message board on the internet - but instead just pick something from a genre you haven't tried, or something that looks like it might appeal to you based on your preferences, and...go for it. As an example, since Square Enix made Kingdom Hearts, look at other Square Enix games. Look at other ARPGs. Or just look for something that feels similar to you aesthetically and see where it takes you. There are a ridiculous number of video games out there, just because your favourite series have failed to hold your interest for whatever reason doesn't mean that you can't find other games you can enjoy. Some might even be better. You've been playing video games for a while now, you know what you like and don't like, and you don't need someone else to dictate to you what you should play or like, I would hope. So experiment a bit!

No matter what the game, if it fails to respect your time as a player, or you don't enjoy it, then it isn't worth playing. It's certainly not worth being depressed over. Plenty more fish in the sea, as the saying goes. You've got so much to explore and discover, and so much to look forward to!

It's hard not to have expectations. Especially when the first two Kingdom Hearts games and all the mainline Pokemon games for (3)DS and GBA were so good. You say "people seem to expect sixth generation or earlier quality titles with current generation performance and visual quality, and that is just not going to happen most of the time." Why can't that happen? What makes it so non feasible for GF+TPC to replicate an experience as good as B2W2 or ORAS but with modern graphics, or for Square Enix to make a KH game without lackluster mini games or played out ship battles in a Pirates of Carribean World, when it's been done before twice? I hear you on stepping outside my comfort zone being a good idea to regain my love for video games but it's just hard. If you look at my 2 favorite video game franchises in PKMN and KH they have one glaring similarity - they're both really unique. So it will be hard to find something that tops them in that sense for me. Also you said I could be bored with Pokemon. I truly don't think that's the case as Pokemon is something as an older lad that I can enjoy while I do other things like watch TV or clean or apply for jobs. When I was younger I didn't have the focus to be able to multi task while playing a Pokemon game and now that I have that ability I find that it makes the game more enjoyable but seeing as SwSh appear to be the very first mainline Pokemon games that are a disappointment I'll either have to get a 3DS or wait until GF makes something of quality for the Switch. Thank you for the tons of insight behind your response. It's very much appreciated

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    For Pokemon there is always the option to try out one of the mainline SMT games. They are a little bit more challenging.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    For Pokemon there is always the option to try out one of the mainline SMT games. They are a little bit more challenging.

Thanks for the suggestion Megan. However, the lack of a challenge isn't the biggest turn off for me in SwSh. It's more so (mainly) the bare bones story, parlayed with the lack of a post game, Dex cut, and moves that were cut. I don't really play Pokemon games to be insanely challenged. In fact, I play them to chill out and relax. That's why I wasn't as turned off by the permanent exp. share or hand holding in the game as some others were.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

It's hard not to have expectations. Especially when the first two Kingdom Hearts games and all the mainline Pokemon games for (3)DS and GBA were so good. You say "people seem to expect sixth generation or earlier quality titles with current generation performance and visual quality, and that is just not going to happen most of the time." Why can't that happen? What makes it so non feasible for GF+TPC to replicate an experience as good as B2W2 or ORAS but with modern graphics, or for Square Enix to make a KH game without lackluster mini games or played out ship battles in a Pirates of Carribean World, when it's been done before twice? I hear you on stepping outside my comfort zone being a good idea to regain my love for video games but it's just hard. If you look at my 2 favorite video game franchises in PKMN and KH they have one glaring similarity - they're both really unique. So it will be hard to find something that tops them in that sense for me. Also you said I could be bored with Pokemon. I truly don't think that's the case as Pokemon is something as an older lad that I can enjoy while I do other things like watch TV or clean or apply for jobs. When I was younger I didn't have the focus to be able to multi task while playing a Pokemon game and now that I have that ability I find that it makes the game more enjoyable but seeing as SwSh appear to be the very first mainline Pokemon games that are a disappointment I'll either have to get a 3DS or wait until GF makes something of quality for the Switch. Thank you for the tons of insight behind your response. It's very much appreciated
    It's very hard indeed not to have expectations, but past successes are no guarantee of future successes unfortunately. Although at the same time, if you want to be optimistic about it, one bad game does not mean that the game that follows it will be bad. Each game can and should be judged for what it is in itself, outside of the context of its series. If you find it difficult to not have expectations of games, try instead not to compare them to other games, perhaps. Instead of expecting a game to be as good as another, just go into it hoping you'll have a good time, and stop thinking "this could be better" or whatever else. It could always be better...but it could also be worse.

For Game Freak at least, it's not feasible because they are a very small team and are notoriously inept when it comes to programming; they always have been. They also have to work to TPC's schedule when it comes to releasing games, because Pokemon is not about video games, it's about merchandise. Pokemon is also a major system seller for Nintendo, so they can't afford to take their time between releases. Plus with Masuda strangling their resources with his preference of working in smaller teams, and Nintendo's policy on crunch culture, they can only do so much with the time that they have. If you look at any other AAA title - because Pokemon is a AAA franchise, whether TPC want to admit it or not - they'll have significantly larger teams, will outsource parts of the work, and they'll take a lot longer to make the games before releasing them. Game Freak simply don't have the time, the manpower, or the technical knowledge (at least, not right now) to take full advantage of the Switch hardware. But that could very well change in the future, as they've now been working with the Switch for some time and are going to be more familiar with the hardware. The troubles with getting the 3DS models over to the Switch aren't going to be problems they have with the next set of games, so they'll be able to devote more time to other things. Presumably they'll be able to do that elsewhere as well. So the quality could improve with future titles.

Square Enix are a little more complicated to dissect, but I think with Kingdom Hearts III at least the most important thing to look at is the development time: KHIII was in development for at least 6 years, and a lot can and did happen between now and then. I mean, Final Fantasy XV started life out as Final Fantasy Versus XIII on a different platform and was a completely different game. Ideas change, things get scrapped and moved around, priorities change to other things, and so on. What Kingdom Hearts III started out as and what it ended up as are likely very different products. As for the repetition of worlds and concepts, I can only assume this was to tie up story arcs (at least, they certainly did that with Olympus IIRC, which was in most of the games) or to pad things out because they couldn't incorporate everything they wanted to due to time constraints, budget, or maybe even licensing problems since it's Disney.

A lot of this is speculation on my part, because I don't work at Game Freak or Square Enix, but it's easy to infer things from interviews, demos, trailers, and what little knowledge of the structure of the companies and their games that we have. If you want to be cynical about it - and let's face it, there is probably some truth to this - it's also because they don't NEED to put effort in anymore to rake in money, and that is all companies care about: making as much money as possible. Games with high expectations will hardly ever fail irrespective of their quality, because they'll receive universal acclaim from the media (which many people take to be objective fact for some reason) and like-minded people will congregate on the internet to create the illusion of a majority opinion, and that will be that. Sales will also support this, with sales being the only measurement of success that companies care about. Despite the polarising nature of Sword and Shield they're still the best selling Pokemon titles in years, which completely sweeps away will criticism as far as TPC is concerned.

I'd agree with you that Kingdom Hearts is unique in a sense - at least the earlier titles, which blended Final Fantasy and Disney quite well; the latter ones moved away from that entirely and became more their own thing from a narrative/character standpoint - but Pokemon is by no means unique, it's just the most recognisable and longest-running monster capture franchise. It wasn't even the first series to incorporate the idea, Dragon Quest was a few years earlier. There are plenty of series you could look at if you wanted to play something with monster raising gameplay, although they would mostly have a slightly different take on them. Kingdom Hearts you might be more hard-pressed to find something with a similar sort of vibe, but ARPGs are a dime a dozen these days, so you won't find the market lacking in terms of gameplay. Really, it'd depend on what you're looking for...and again, if you're looking for similar gameplay experiences, going in without expecting it to be exactly the same or very similar would only make your chances of enjoying it that much greater. Most people use "clone" as a derogatory term, but no one franchise owns an idea or gameplay mechanic. Nothing is really "unique" in that sense, because you can find other games that do almost exactly the same thing - this is why we have genres, after all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    It's very hard indeed not to have expectations, but past successes are no guarantee of future successes unfortunately. Although at the same time, if you want to be optimistic about it, one bad game does not mean that the game that follows it will be bad. Each game can and should be judged for what it is in itself, outside of the context of its series. If you find it difficult to not have expectations of games, try instead not to compare them to other games, perhaps. Instead of expecting a game to be as good as another, just go into it hoping you'll have a good time, and stop thinking "this could be better" or whatever else. It could always be better...but it could also be worse.

For Game Freak at least, it's not feasible because they are a very small team and are notoriously inept when it comes to programming; they always have been. They also have to work to TPC's schedule when it comes to releasing games, because Pokemon is not about video games, it's about merchandise. Pokemon is also a major system seller for Nintendo, so they can't afford to take their time between releases. Plus with Masuda strangling their resources with his preference of working in smaller teams, and Nintendo's policy on crunch culture, they can only do so much with the time that they have. If you look at any other AAA title - because Pokemon is a AAA franchise, whether TPC want to admit it or not - they'll have significantly larger teams, will outsource parts of the work, and they'll take a lot longer to make the games before releasing them. Game Freak simply don't have the time, the manpower, or the technical knowledge (at least, not right now) to take full advantage of the Switch hardware. But that could very well change in the future, as they've now been working with the Switch for some time and are going to be more familiar with the hardware. The troubles with getting the 3DS models over to the Switch aren't going to be problems they have with the next set of games, so they'll be able to devote more time to other things. Presumably they'll be able to do that elsewhere as well. So the quality could improve with future titles.

Square Enix are a little more complicated to dissect, but I think with Kingdom Hearts III at least the most important thing to look at is the development time: KHIII was in development for at least 6 years, and a lot can and did happen between now and then. I mean, Final Fantasy XV started life out as Final Fantasy Versus XIII on a different platform and was a completely different game. Ideas change, things get scrapped and moved around, priorities change to other things, and so on. What Kingdom Hearts III started out as and what it ended up as are likely very different products. As for the repetition of worlds and concepts, I can only assume this was to tie up story arcs (at least, they certainly did that with Olympus IIRC, which was in most of the games) or to pad things out because they couldn't incorporate everything they wanted to due to time constraints, budget, or maybe even licensing problems since it's Disney.

A lot of this is speculation on my part, because I don't work at Game Freak or Square Enix, but it's easy to infer things from interviews, demos, trailers, and what little knowledge of the structure of the companies and their games that we have. If you want to be cynical about it - and let's face it, there is probably some truth to this - it's also because they don't NEED to put effort in anymore to rake in money, and that is all companies care about: making as much money as possible. Games with high expectations will hardly ever fail irrespective of their quality, because they'll receive universal acclaim from the media (which many people take to be objective fact for some reason) and like-minded people will congregate on the internet to create the illusion of a majority opinion, and that will be that. Sales will also support this, with sales being the only measurement of success that companies care about. Despite the polarising nature of Sword and Shield they're still the best selling Pokemon titles in years, which completely sweeps away will criticism as far as TPC is concerned.

I'd agree with you that Kingdom Hearts is unique in a sense - at least the earlier titles, which blended Final Fantasy and Disney quite well; the latter ones moved away from that entirely and became more their own thing from a narrative/character standpoint - but Pokemon is by no means unique, it's just the most recognisable and longest-running monster capture franchise. It wasn't even the first series to incorporate the idea, Dragon Quest was a few years earlier. There are plenty of series you could look at if you wanted to play something with monster raising gameplay, although they would mostly have a slightly different take on them. Kingdom Hearts you might be more hard-pressed to find something with a similar sort of vibe, but ARPGs are a dime a dozen these days, so you won't find the market lacking in terms of gameplay. Really, it'd depend on what you're looking for...and again, if you're looking for similar gameplay experiences, going in without expecting it to be exactly the same or very similar would only make your chances of enjoying it that much greater. Most people use "clone" as a derogatory term, but no one franchise owns an idea or gameplay mechanic. Nothing is really "unique" in that sense, because you can find other games that do almost exactly the same thing - this is why we have genres, after all.

Thank you for deep and helpful insight Dawn. Trying to look at art/video games for what they are in a vacuum rather than comparing them to previous works/installments is something I struggle with. It's not very easy especially when the bar was set high. PKMN was so amazing from gens 2 through 4 and the first two KH games were so good that it makes me naturally set my expectations too high even when I'm avidly making an effort to not be overly optimistic. Also I respectfully disagree with Pokemon not being unique. Even if it wasn't the first game of it's kind and if theres other games like it no game captures the essence of creature collecting like Pokemon does. That's just my opinion. Not calling Pokemon the most groundbreakingly unique video game in history. Just calling it unique. I'm fully aware that there are more unique games under the sun such as Okami, Odin Sphere, Phantom Brave, Psychonauts, and Shadow of the Colossus but I'm also aware that my 2 favorite franchises in KH and PKMN are indeed unique lol

Last edited:
    Years
    Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon are my two favorite video game franchises of all time and I must say I am pretty letdown by their newest installments. KH3 more so. I was waiting a decade and a half for that game. These past few weeks I have finally got to it and it is by far the worst KH game. The mini games are lame, the Pirates of the Caribbean world is a drag, and I've grown old enough to realize that the combat system in KH is just designed to make you feel flashy - there is no strategy or sense of challenge to it. Pretty much the only reason I've picked up the controller to log hours on KH is because the cut scenes meaning I look at the game as more of a movie than a game. Then as far as Pokemon goes, I really do feel SwSh is a massive letdown. The reason for that isn't the hundreds of moves or Pokemon they took out. It isn't the poor looking texture on the trees that look like they are out of Ocarina of Time. It's the bare bones story. No caves or wildly fun routes. Extremely linear (all PKMN games are linear but this one appears to have achieved new heights in that regard). And most of all the lack of a post game. The other day I was contemplating buying a Switch to get PKMN SwSh but after performing extensive research it simply looks like the most disappointing Pokemon game ever excluding Pokemon Channel for the GC. As a Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts fan I'm really depressed. I guess I'll just play NBA 2K.

Funny how we both go to 2k when we are bored! I feel you on this one, for sure. I have been pretty consistently bashing Pokemon Games since Sun and Moon dropped because I love the franchise so much and it was my escape from a pretty awful childhood and seeing it go down this route really bums me out. I do have some hope with the upcoming games though, I am holding out hope for Arceus and I am actually really excited about Unite!

Honestly, I don't think Sword and Shield are even as bad as I say they are considering the 270 hours I have put into them. There are plenty of things to do, I mostly breed and shiny hunt with the occasional online battle if you can look past the 20 minute battle timer. Sure not all mons are in the game but that can be a blessing in disguise. It could give you the opportunity to branch out and try out some new Pokemon and really get to enjoy them whereas, if you had access to every Pokemon, you might have only used your favorites and never branched out.

I think Sword and Shield are good enough to give a try and the gym challenges and fighting in stadiums with huge crowds actually fells pretty damn good. There is a lot of side story too with the DLC and the post game double battle tournaments are pretty fun as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Funny how we both go to 2k when we are bored! I feel you on this one, for sure. I have been pretty consistently bashing Pokemon Games since Sun and Moon dropped because I love the franchise so much and it was my escape from a pretty awful childhood and seeing it go down this route really bums me out. I do have some hope with the upcoming games though, I am holding out hope for Arceus and I am actually really excited about Unite!

Honestly, I don't think Sword and Shield are even as bad as I say they are considering the 270 hours I have put into them. There are plenty of things to do, I mostly breed and shiny hunt with the occasional online battle if you can look past the 20 minute battle timer. Sure not all mons are in the game but that can be a blessing in disguise. It could give you the opportunity to branch out and try out some new Pokemon and really get to enjoy them whereas, if you had access to every Pokemon, you might have only used your favorites and never branched out.

I think Sword and Shield are good enough to give a try and the gym challenges and fighting in stadiums with huge crowds actually fells pretty damn good. There is a lot of side story too with the DLC and the post game double battle tournaments are pretty fun as well.

Bro. I broke my PS4 controller last night and deleted 2K21. I've been playing since 2K9 every year and I've given up on the franchise. The new Spotlight Sim challenges they added to MyTeam are the most cynical and f*cked up thing I've ever seen a video game company do in my 27 years of living. They pretty much put out a giant heap of amazing Dark Matter cards in MyTeam but the missions you have to do in order to get them are literally impossible. Not hyperbole. They aren't just "really difficult". They are literally impossible to beat. For instance, one of them you get a Dark Matter James Wiseman card but to get him you have to beat Pink Diamond Stephen Curry, Diamond Klay Thompson, and Diamond Draymond Green in a game of triple threat to 21. But here's the kicker. You have to beat them BY 20...in game to 21. So if you allow more than one bucket its over. Vs the greatest backcourt in NBA history along with one of the best defenders in NBA history. Tell me how that's fair bro. I completely lost it man. I was so disgusted. I think its time to cave in on Sword and Shield.

Years
    Bro. I broke my PS4 controller last night and deleted 2K21. I've been playing since 2K9 every year and I've given up on the franchise. The new Spotlight Sim challenges they added to MyTeam are the most cynical and f*cked up thing I've ever seen a video game company do in my 27 years of living. They pretty much put out a giant heap of amazing Dark Matter cards in MyTeam but the missions you have to do in order to get them are literally impossible. Not hyperbole. They aren't just "really difficult". They are literally impossible to beat. For instance, one of them you get a Dark Matter James Wiseman card but to get him you have to beat Pink Diamond Stephen Curry, Diamond Klay Thompson, and Diamond Draymond Green in a game of triple threat to 21. But here's the kicker. You have to beat them BY 20...in game to 21. So if you allow more than one bucket its over. Vs the greatest backcourt in NBA history along with one of the best defenders in NBA history. Tell me how that's fair bro. I completely lost it man. I was so disgusted. I think its time to cave in on Sword and Shield.

Oh, I don't know about that I just play MyCareer! I've got a slashing/playmaker point guard. Sorry to hear you had a bad time with it though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Oh, I don't know about that I just play MyCareer! I've got a slashing/playmaker point guard. Sorry to hear you had a bad time with it though.

Wow, that's crazy, I had the same exact build in my MyCareer. Unless that's a popular one it's pretty strange we have the same. And yeah, I mainly played MyTeam because I'm a trading card junkie but after these new Spotlight Sim challenges I'm just gonna stick to real life trading cards and maybe get a Pokemon game or two to keep me busy. My NBA card collecting hobby been getting kinda outta hand though so if I don't cut back soon I'll never be able to afford a Switch smfh lol

Years
    Wow that's crazy I had the same exact build in my MyCareer. Unless that's a popular one it's pretty crazy we have the same. And yeah I mainly played MyTeam because I'm a trading card junkie but after these new Spotlight Sim challenges I'm just gonna stick to real life trading cards and maybe get a Pokemon game or two to keep me busy. My NBA card collecting hobby been getting kinda outta hand though so if I don't cut back soon I'll never be able to afford a Switch smfh lol

I had that problem in Madden13, gets very expensive. I am not sure if it is a popular build but I was trying to go for a Westbrook kind of playstyle. Had to decide between slashing/playmaker and two way scorer.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I had that problem in Madden13, gets very expensive. I am not sure if it is a popular build but I was trying to go for a Westbrook kind of playstyle. Had to decide between slashing/playmaker and two way scorer.

I never got into the Madden games but I loved NFL Street Vol 2 and NFL Street Vol 3. And yeah the players my slashing playmaker build were compared to were Kevin Johnson, Jamal Murray, and Derrick Rose so your Westbrook comp makes sense considering he is fairly similar to all 3 aforementioned

Back