• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Despain's Ultimate Guide To RMXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    It's very long, and image-heavy, so I'll post an excerpt and a link.

This article is aimed at total newbies to the program (and is in essence the first part of a series I plan to write for first-timers). As such, I expect you to not have a serious project yet. And if you do, you should't. Trust me with this one. You're just starting out, you're not going to make the next FFVII or Grandia. Hold your dreams of your ideal game in the back of your mind. I really cannot stress this enough. If you don't take anything from this article, take that. Never start on your serious project right away. You'll be doomed from the start, and your dream project will be a failure newb-trash. Newb trash isn't a bad thing. Hell no, everyone goes through it. But you don't want it to happen to your dream project, do you?​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    The page didn't load but my first game was a big project that's still going on and it's doing pretty well. Although it isn't the next grandia or anything I'm pleased with it. I'll check out the tutorial later.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2006
    I love you.. I was looking for a exelent tut like this 1 but er.. When is the 3rd 1 coming out? I gotta make the fight thing.. its the most important thing in RPG games :S

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • This is a great tutorial for people new to RMXP, so they probably thank you- unless they're snobs.

Zangooser

Lover of all Zagooses
    Years
  • Thanks alot Despain.........this will really help me out alot
    :) :)

~Zangooser

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    This is actually a huge necropost, but the website was down for a time and now it's back up. Just wanted to update the link for anyone who would find it useful.

The link in the first post should be accurate now.

Years
  • Hey Despain, thanx very much, I will look at this right now, I have many story ideas, and I was using rm2k3, but, everything was messed, until I got rmxp, and it was all clean, and neat, so I decided to start my main project there, as I have read many tutorials and practiced on rm2k3,

thanx again,

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2006
    Ah, I've got to say - I've been browsing around the Game's Showcase and being my nature - I got hooked. I saw alot of RM use and was just about to pop off into Google for a tutorial when I saw yours - Much appreciated. <3

Nicolosi

Beginning Designer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2007
    I'm not a n00b at RMXP, but, congratulations, your tutorial is great!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    Updated the link again for anyone who may be looking for this; sorry for the downtime.

tikki

Idiot Haunter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Link is 404'd. Is it just down for a bit or is it gone?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back