• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Detective Conan (Case Closed)/Magic Kaito Fanclub

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
  • I like Jimmy and Rachel the best (sorry but I don't know the Japanese names). Harley has a nice pair but something about Jimmy and Rachel is much more interesting.

Ru

|| Unforgettable Promise ||
    Years
  • Ran and Shinichi -nodnod- And "Harley's" Japanese name is Heiji. Now can one explain why his english name is Harley? :B

Lesse... Yeah. I'm a fan of RanxShinichi myself. I mean, c'mon. They're definitely completely devoted to eachother. XD;

But I think HeijixKazuha have found it's way to my top favorite. IDK why, but I just snicker whenever they argue with eachother. I mean, Ran and Shinichi argue as well, but you don't see it as much because Shinichi techinically isn't around. That, and... Seventh Movie. 'Nuff said. :3

I also like SatoxTakagi. So silly they be. |D

Tsuki.Blossoms

:: Forever In Your Heart
    Years
  • Mind if I join. You really better not, I make your dinner 60% of the time. :/

I like all of the couples in Detective Conan. Personally I'd find it odd if Heiji and Kazuha didn't end up going out with each other. Since they -are- going to be together forever so they might as well give in and go and date. Shinichi and Ran, well if when Conan turns back into Shinichi, I think it's kinda obvious that they're going to stay together. Also Eri and Kogoru need to stop being silly and get back to together.

Sato and Tagaki are really adorable together. :D

Ru

Years
  • NO. YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED. Of 'cos~! Come and join the fun! :D SHHHH. No one needs to know that. >_>;

It's because Heiji is too stubborn to realize just how much he cares.

Spoiler:

I mean... I know p, so eople say that the movies and the anime/mangas don't collide, but I think they do. They certainly don't really clash with eachother at all, so why not?

SatoxTakagi need more moments. :3 Though we'll prolly get less awkwardness since Sato started reluctantly falling in love with the guy. ;~; And neither will there be Shiratori vs Takagi because [spoilerspoilerspoiler].

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • =O Tsuki. Your Theme is so cute!
    Daww Ai.

Regular Pairings AKA So Obvious its Canon and Gosho Stop Stalling and Put Them Together Already!

Shinichi x Ran
    Kazuha x Heiji
    Makato [even though we don't see him much] x Sonoko
    Eri x Kogoro
    Takagi x Sato
    Kaito x Akako
    Genta x Ayumi x Mitsuhiko [When they get older, I see them becoming the next Shiratori x Sato x Takagi]

Pure Crack

Sonoko x Kid [Let me and my imagination be. I think its cute.]
    Conan x Ayumi [Its wrong, cause he's a teen in the body of a child, but darn it Conan!]
    Ran x Kid [but not so much. . . Shinichi x Ran moments keep killing my Kid x Ran buzz XDD]
    Shuichi x Sharon/Vermouth
    Gin x Vermouth [Martini Cocktail XD cause Gin and Vermouth mixed is a Martini I'm a loser for knowing that. I blame Vermouth for bringing it to my attention in the Manga]

Ru

Years
  • XDDD I love the title of your first list, Yashi~ I completely agree with you with pretty much everything on that first list, yes. :3 Too bad the only one that prolly is together is Sonoko and Makoto, and you don't see them together that often. ;~;

Ahhh, Ran x Kid. Seeing that brings me to the image for the 14th movie. xD I wanna know what's that about, dammit!

And... -supports the last crack one for the epic lulz, yes-

ShadowYashi

Years
  • Yeah, yet they hardly see one another, poor Sonoko. She gets no love =(
    Makoto should become a part of the main cast soon, how long are these freaking tournaments he's in anyway 3:<
    But I know when I first read the chapter he starred in, I wondered if Gosho just added him to appease fan or something, or did he feel like Sonoko needed a boyfriend
    I won't lie though, as I read through the chapter, I began to feel for Sonoko, because even though she's like uber rich all the guys go for Ran. It might be a little running gag, but It still made me realize how Sonoko must feel when the guy you like is crushing (or would that be a momentary infatuation, since Sonoko goes through crushes like their tissues XDD) on your best friend, even if Ran's not doing it intentionally (since the whole world knows her heart is for Shinichi only X3) I wanted to hug her cause she didn't get any love.
    Then Makoto appeared and I was like Yay! Sonoko gets love!
    Then he left 5 pages later and I was like . . .wtf!? She gets a boyfriend in like 3 chapters and you ship him off to wherever!

=O Ran x Kid? Screenshot?
    . . . I haven't seen it yet @_@
    I can't wait for the 14 movie though waaaahh I want it to be out already.
    Yessssh Gin is awesome he looks better with blonde hair IMO. Silver makes him look older. Like old man old (sadly, because most guys with silver hair are pretty boys XD)
    Vermouth, she's just. . . I love her XD

Last edited:

Ru

Years
  • Yeah. ;~; Sonoko definitely needs more love; she one of the most amazing rich-girl characters I know. Mainly because even though she's rich, she's pretty down-to-earth and not that snobbish either. :3 Gosho better at least bring Makoto back for another round with Sonoko soon. D: Like maybe right after the Kappa murder kthnksbye~

It's not a screenshot, but the movie sketch that it drawn for the movie when the movie will be going into theaters soon (and when it does I will seriously wish I was in Japan. ;~; )

The sketch it right under this here spoiler~
    Spoiler:

XDD Yeah. I still wanna figure out the time period when Gin decided to go 'OH HAY GAIZ I'M GETTING MY HAIR BLEACHED', because I find it quite amusing that it happens. :B
    Vermouth is amazing, yes~ 8D

ShadowYashi

Years
  • Yeah. I would love for her to be my bffl XD
    She's the most awesomest rich girl I've ever read about.

. . .
    Wow. Is Ran under a spell or something?
    Aoko needs more anime time, now that I think about it.
    She should totally be in a movie. XD With like Kid teasing her or something.
    Now I really can't wait for it @____@
    I think the animators were just messing around with the colors and decided they'd turn his hair silver, cause of his name.
    Since Gin supposedly means Silver =.=
    I didn't like it at all
    "No, my hair totally was not blonde 3.5 seconds ago!"

Ru

Years
  • Oh gawd, same here. XD

IDK. None of the info on the movie really describes what's happening in the image. xD; Right now it could really be anything. But yes, I do agree that Aoko needs more screentime. >: Maybe she'll get some in this movie? She's the only main Magic Kaito character that I know who haven't been in a movie yet. Her dad has tho. :|

Wow... ya think they couldn't have done that in the first place? The animators are silly when it comes to people's hair; Takagi's hair being another example. It was all spiky at first, and then the animators made it so it matched Gosho's hair style more.

-pats Gin-

Here, let's bring back up your spirit with your sparkly teeth. :B
    gin2.png

(Came from YaddaYaddaBoom; your place for Detective Conan Icons~)
    </brick'd>

ShadowYashi

Years
  • Yeah >w<
    Guess we'll have to wait and see XD
    But its a given, because Theft + Kaitou Kid = Inspector Nakamori.

Heh. You gotta love Gin's smirk.
    Its so evil XDD

Ru

Years
  • Yep! It'll be in theaters I think... April. Which will mean after it's in theaters we have to wait until it's on DVD, and then we can see it.

We have to wait a long time. D: But I'm sure it'll be worth it~ All the DC movies have definitely been worth whatever wait has been done before watching it. :3

-nod-
    Spoiler:

Oh yes. |D Gin's smirk is amazing~
    I don't like Gin's english voice, though.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Mind if I join, Jordan? :D

I used to be a Detective Conan fan, watched a bunch of anime and read a lot of the manga. (though it's enormous regardless x_x) Life got in the way so I had to cut it off for some time, but I want to get back into it. :D

Who is your favorite Detective Conan (Case Closed) and/or Magic Kaito character?
    Sonoko, iirc.

ShadowYashi

Years
  • Yep. All the movies are worth it.
    Man, I wish DC was as popular up here as it is in Japan.
    I'd love to go see a DC movie in theaters one day.

I can't even remember what Gin's English voice sounds like XD
    I haven't watched DC anime in a while. . . or at least, any episodes with Gin and Vodka in them anyway

Ru

Years
  • Sure, Beachy! Welcome to the club! :3 Yeah, the manga is enormous, but it's a great story every chapter of the way~ -knows; spent two weeks of her life catching up with the manga last November-

Yay Sonoko~ I'm glad she's getting some love, because she definitely needs it dammit.

Oh gawd same here. Detective Conan would be one of the things my sister and I would go out and watch the freakin' midnight viewing of if it viewed in theaters in America.

His voice actor is Troy Baker. Note that the first episode was back in 2004, but Troy Baker voice Gin was... horrible. xD; I couldn't stop laughing when I heard it a while ago when my sister was watching the first episode dubbed for the heck of it.

Makes me wonder if it'll be any better in 'Countdown to Heaven', or just as bad.

ShadowYashi

Years
  • Hi Beachy =3
    Yes! More Sonoko love!

I would be so hype. It'd be like when Princess and the Frog came out. I was so excited to go see that movie >w<
    I saw it twice.

Well maybe his voice has gotten better. . . or something XDD
    We'll have to wait and see.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Sure, Beachy! Welcome to the club! :3 Yeah, the manga is enormous, but it's a great story every chapter of the way~ -knows; spent two weeks of her life catching up with the manga last November-

Yay Sonoko~ I'm glad she's getting some love, because she definitely needs it dammit.

Thank you. :D And yeah, I'll probably be spending quite a bit of time catching up on the manga after I finish my book reports. XD;

and /o/

Ru

Years
  • That's good~ /o/ Some of the scans aren't that great of quality on Onemanga (in fact some of the 'i can't even read what they're saying' quality. ;~; ), but for Volume 27 and onward, you can go to the DCTP fansite and they have the manga there (and chapters 600-something and onwards on Onemanga is uploaded by DCTP, so it's all good. :D )

I was hyped when I heard about the Sherlock Holmes movie (and while I was doing something Detective Conan related as well. xD; ). If I could, I would have definitely went to go and see that movie twice. :B

XD I hope so. He voices one of his later characters really well, so maybe he changed Gin's voice so it sounds better. I hope. -would be laughing through 'Countdown to Heaven' otherwise. xD;-

ShadowYashi

Years
  • Yeah, Onemanga sorta made me angry as I read through some of the chapters.
    Who ever translated and edited some of those pages, did a pretty bad job. I mean it was good in the beginning, but around like 190, it started getting bad.
    I skipped the whole mermaid chapter with Heiji and Kazuha because the quality on it was so bad.
    And I really wanted to read that one =(

I still have yet to see it.
    I'll watch it. Eventually XD

Ru

Years
  • Oh gawd the Mermaid one~ ♥ ♥ ♥ I luffles the Mermaid one, for well... obvious reasons. :3

DCTP actually has that case scanlated on their site~ Just put DCTP into Google, and it should be the first link. -doesn't know about putting it here, since it also has a forum-.

Watching it is good too~ 'cause then you can see my favorite scene in action~ </brick'd>

Back