• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dex flags in pokeemerald

Subzero Eclipse

Because I say so.
Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    Hello, I have managed to add new Pokemon in my project following the tutorial on pokeemerald wiki, but now I'm having trouble making them actually appear in the Pokedex: so I was wondering, where are the Dex flags located in pokeemerald? I tried looking at DizzyEgg's pokemon_expansion repo as a reference, but to no avail (I understood he moved them to another saveblock, which I might not need since I have added a total of 31 mons only to the game). Thanks in advance

Years
  • Have you checked gSpeciesToHoennPokedexNum(), gSpeciesToNationalPokedexNum[] and gHoennToNationalOrder[] in src/pokemon.c?

Also src/data/pokemon/pokedex_orders.h, src/data/pokemon/pokedex_entries.h and various other files there?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hello, I have managed to add new Pokemon in my project following the tutorial on pokeemerald wiki, but now I'm having trouble making them actually appear in the Pokedex: so I was wondering, where are the Dex flags located in pokeemerald? I tried looking at DizzyEgg's pokemon_expansion repo as a reference, but to no avail (I understood he moved them to another saveblock, which I might not need since I have added a total of 31 mons only to the game). Thanks in advance
    Looking at the guide in the Pokeemerald wiki, I spot at least 1 change that is missing on it.
    You have to adjust the POKEMON_SLOTS_NUMBER constant in include/global.h.
    Give that a shot. It should fix the problem with your new Pokémon not showing up in the Pokédex for sure.

Last edited:

Subzero Eclipse

Because I say so.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    Turned out to be exactly that line POKEMON_SLOTS_NUMBER. Thanks for the answer =)

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I feel the need to clarify something. After I brought this up on Pret's Discord, the constant POKEMON_SLOTS_NUMBER was removed from the repository.
    Now, there is no additional changes to do during the task of adding entirely new species, beyond following the tutorial on Pokeemerald's wiki.
    The role of POKEMON_SLOTS_NUMBER is now covered by the NUM_SPECIES constant in include/constants/species.h which held the exact same value.

Back