• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga or Palkia...

Who is better, Dialga or Palkia?

• Total voters

Giratar

Oops.
Years
  • Well....

It seems that people are getting a little violent. And not the physical kind, either.

People have made many different scenarios, from battling in real life using hypothetical battles (Like, Dialga could blast Palkia with Roar of Time or freeze it in time and destroy it at its leisure and vice-versa). Or putting up links to videos of Dialga pwning Palkia in Diamond or Pearl. Or some of you just state who's better without an explanation. And lastly, the peacemakers who say that they like them both equally.

What I say is, when Diamond and Pearl, I liked Dialga better, and basically just got Diamond. But now, I kind of like them both due to having them both in Platinum. I think that no matter what moves they've got, that either of them could beat each other depending on the circumstances of the battle. Such as, Dialga could blast Palkia to kingdom come with Roar of Time, but since Palkia is a little bit speedier, it could also land some pretty devastating attacks. It just depends on what happens in the battle.

Sorry about my, er, long peacemaker rant, but it's just my opinion, remember.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Dialga has an epic defensive typing and stats...
    ...but Palkia has Special sweeping stats and Spacial Rend.

Years
  • Look I wont argue about who is best because I think they are both the best legendaries since the second generation. I'll just say out of the two Palkia is my favourite, mainly because I got Pearl first plus I tend to prefer water types.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Basicly Dialga is better and stronger due to Dialga's steel type to help Dialga protect its weakness agaisnt Dragon type move like Spacial Rend when Palkia uses it. Palkia however is weak agaisnt Dragon type move like Roar Of Time when Dialga uses it so Dialga is much stronger.

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
  • Dialga is better and who's to say that Dialga stopping time would beat Palkia. Palkia could just create a black hole and crush Dialga or warp the space around him or send him into the sun.

Being able to control either time or space is pretty much godlike, I would say they're equal but if it was in game then Dialga would win because of STAB Roar of Time and Palkia has no STAB moves against Dialga.
    I was thinking over the exact same thing last night which is why i put down equal

Back