• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga or Palkia

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    When pitted against each other, Dialga will always beat Palkia due to access to STAB Super-effective attacks, but when it comes to general battling, Palkia is the better of the two. This is due to having powerful exclusive moves such as Space Break, which is strong and reliable, much like Lugia's Aeroblast. Palkia's Pearl Orb increases its water and dragon moves by 20%, and water is a better attacking type than steel, boosted by Dialga's Diamond Orb.

When combined with Kyogre, Palkia's power increases dramatically, meaning that Palkia works better in teams with that Pokemon while Dialga receives no such benefit.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Ummm, no It's not it has a power of 150.

He was defining what OHKO stands for.

omarfr said:
    I like Dialga. Though I'm definately renaming him to his japanese name. Diaruga sounds so much cooler.

*pulls at hair* I've gone over this SO many times...

Anyway, as for the main discussion...heh, I don't care. I'm getting both anyway, and probably won't use either one :P

Forever Forum

Its Hell getting into Heaven
    Years
    Dalgia. The Essence of time seems more intriguing. Palkia is indeed a power house, but Dalgia catches my eye a little more.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Diaruga, why? I really don't know... For uh... yeah that's it:

For the same reason Ho-Oh is better than Lugia, Groudon is better than Kyogre, and Suicune is better than all of them ^_^!

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    I think Dialga, it looks cooler than Palkia I think, plus, a steel and dragon type Pokemon, thats one strong Pokemon, and being a Legendary!!! Those stats are going to skyrocket! @_@ ^_^

Canthinkofaname

The One With No Name
    Years
    Diaruga, why? I really don't know... For uh... yeah that's it:

For the same reason Ho-Oh is better than Lugia, Groudon is better than Kyogre, and Suicune is better than all of them ^_^!

the only thing your right about there is dialga being better than palkia. those last three are reversed. lugia is better than ho-oh, kyogre is better than groudon, and raikou is the best dog.

also, i agree with surfing pikachu, control over time is much more interesting than control over space. space is boring, but time kicks ass.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    well, i love palkia, he looks sick (as in awesome), like groudon, but dialga is stronger! AAAHHHH WHAT GAME DO I CHOOSE!?!? I'M STUCK!!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    the only thing your right about there is dialga being better than palkia. those last three are reversed. lugia is better than ho-oh, kyogre is better than groudon, and raikou is the best dog.

also, i agree with surfing pikachu, control over time is much more interesting than control over space. space is boring, but time kicks ass.

no, entei is the strongest dog. then goes absol, then suicune, THEN raiku. you never thought that absol would be a legendary puppy dog, but it's true. he's one of those dogs.

Canthinkofaname

The One With No Name
    Years
    um, in case your brain is absent from your head, absol is most definately NOT a legendary dog. and im stating my opinion that i like raikOu the best of the three. i think entei looks like a retard, and suicune is kool too.
    also, dont double post.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    um, in case your brain is absent from your head, absol is most definately NOT a legendary dog. and im stating my opinion that i like raikOu the best of the three. i think entei looks like a retard, and suicune is kool too.
    also, dont double post.

it is one of the 4 legendary dogs. i have researched on about lots of legendary pokemon. ansol IS one of them. but one different thing:you can get as much as you want, and you can only get them in R/S/E. i wish i could prove that as=bsol IS a legendary dog, but, i just know it.

err, i try to edit my post but it dont work. why is this thread turning from palkia or diaga to the 4 legendary dogs?

Back