• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga vs Palkia - Who would win?

Who'd win in a fight and who's better overall?

• Dialga would win and is better overall.

Votes: 56 52.8%
  • Dialga would win but Palkia is better overall.

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Palkia would win and is better overall.

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Palkia would win but Dialga is better overall.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Help, I can't decide...

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
  • Whoever attacks first and damages the opposing force with critical hits move would win.

Isn't Steel weak to Ice? ... I still think that Palkia would win... Shouldn't Giratina be included in this poll?

Years
  • Whoever attacks first and damages the opposing force with critical hits move would win.

Isn't Steel weak to Ice? ... I still think that Palkia would win... Shouldn't Giratina be included in this poll?

No, actually Steel resists Ice and is only x1 against Dialga. As far as who attacks first, Palkia has a higher speed stat, but not by much.

As for Giratina, if you had a Choice Scarf Giratina vs a Choice Specs Dialga, Giratina miss Roar of Time, next turn Dialga gets hit but Roar of Time OHKOs, so Giratina would have to use...oh wait, the only Fighting move it has is Aura Sphere, or it could use Earth Power or EQ for massive damage. Again, it really matters on the situation you put the legendaries into.

Years
  • i think they would be equal, i mean thier both God's, y'know? In the end, i think it would be a draw. I mean one could stop, while the other can just leave the universe lolz

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • They both seem equal to me and the only main difference I see is that Dialga has Roar of Time and Palkia has Spacial Rift, so they probably would both knock each other out.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Diagla would win,
    It weighs moar it's taller.
    Also it has roar of time which is more powerful than any of Palkia's moves.
    Also, time controls space, so I think my mind's been made up =3

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Giratina would win. But between those two I say Palkia would win due to a better signature move.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • Palkia cause Spacial Rend has Hit Crit Ratio and Roar of Time needs to recharge. Palkia also has one weakness and Dialga has two. Palkia can learn Aura Sphere (super effective) and Palkia is just awesome cause it isn't a fat Giraffe (like Dialga).

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Dialga becuz palkia has dragon types as his only weakness
    Dialga used Roar of Time!
    It missed becuz dialga can't touch this.
    Dialga used Roar of Time again!
    Palkia faints. Sad :(

Years
  • dialga should win. soften palkia up with earth power/aura sphere, then finish it off with roar of time.

timid choice specs palkia. using earth power, stands a good chance though.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Dialga because He can possibly Pause time and KO Palkia.OR Palkia who can send Dialga through an alternate horrible dimension in Space.I'd say they are perhaps evenly matched ^^

Hospitaller

Defender of the Faith
    Years
  • Dialga would win, if only due to type, but in the hands of a capable defensive player it would storm the competition. It could use Dragon moves on Palkia, who's Dragon moves are only average and water moves are not very effective.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Dialga would win. As dragon types, they're both weak against dragon, but Palkia's Dragon-type moves aren't going to be too effective on Dialga considering Dialga's secondary Steel type.

If only they made steel weak against water, then the balance would equalize...

Back