• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga vs Palkia - Who would win?

Who'd win in a fight and who's better overall?

• Dialga would win and is better overall.

Votes: 56 52.8%
  • Dialga would win but Palkia is better overall.

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Palkia would win and is better overall.

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Palkia would win but Dialga is better overall.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Help, I can't decide...

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    I think dialga would win due to its sheer sweeping abilities, but Palkia is better overall because of the awesome dragon/water typing, meaning it has few weaknesses.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    This is a tough one..... but overall,
    I would pick Palkia it's seems to be
    stronger than Dialga but I don't see how.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Considering they represent space and time, they shouldn't be fighting at all, but rather working together as one and the same (unlike Groudon and Kyogre).

Simple Version:

However, if they were to get into some quarrel, I think Dialga would have the upper hand - and this is why: If you bend space, you still would need to travel across point A to point B to an observer - even though it would be extremely fast depending on how you bent it, it still is a definite path. However, if you stop time completely - thus the observer is unable to actually determine your actual path because it is actually at several places at the same period of time - you would effectively teleport without having a definite path. This makes Palkia always slower than Dialga, meaning that Dialga can more readily dodge Palkia's attacks and Palkia has more difficulty dodging Dialga's.

Extended Version:

Palkia's path, speed and acceleration can be determined because it is differentiable - it is an actual path. Dialga's path is non-continuous (because it can stop time) and it can change its position instantaneously. To calculate Dialga's speed when it changes position when it stops time would be dividing by zero, as shown in the example below:

If Dialga teleports 10 meters, its speed would be distance/time. Since it stops time, no time actually passes to an observer when it travels - thus it's speed would be 10/0, which does not exist (actually it's speed would be infinite, because as the it's time gets shorter and shorter the speed gets faster and faster (the limit of 10/0 as X approaches 0 is infinity). Infinity isn't actually a number though so it doesn't really matter). How is Palkia supposed to hit something moving at an infinite speed?

Palkia changes distance, Dialga changes time. Because of this, Dialga has a huge advantage as explained above.

...do I win an internet?

Last edited:

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    neither would win...

cuz time and or space would become like the distorted world of that giritina (sp?)

VCaliber

The Cutest (=
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    Considering they represent space and time, they shouldn't be fighting at all, but rather working together as one and the same (unlike Groudon and Kyogre).

Simple Version:

However, if they were to get into some quarrel, I think Dialga would have the upper hand - and this is why: If you bend space, you still would need to travel across point A to point B to an observer - even though it would be extremely fast depending on how you bent it, it still is a definite path. However, if you stop time completely - thus the observer is unable to actually determine your actual path because it is actually at several places at the same period of time - you would effectively teleport without having a definite path. This makes Palkia always slower than Dialga, meaning that Dialga can more readily dodge Palkia's attacks and Palkia has more difficulty dodging Dialga's.

Extended Version:

Palkia's path, speed and acceleration can be determined because it is differentiable - it is an actual path. Dialga's path is non-continuous (because it can stop time) and it can change its position instantaneously. To calculate Dialga's speed when it changes position when it stops time would be dividing by zero, as shown in the example below:

If Dialga teleports 10 meters, its speed would be distance/time. Since it stops time, no time actually passes to an observer when it travels - thus it's speed would be 10/0, which does not exist (actually it's speed would be infinite, because as the it's time gets shorter and shorter the speed gets faster and faster (the limit of 10/0 as X approaches 0 is infinity). Infinity isn't actually a number though so it doesn't really matter). How is Palkia supposed to hit something moving at an infinite speed?

Palkia changes distance, Dialga changes time. Because of this, Dialga has a huge advantage as explained above.

...do I win an internet?

Lol, I think I agree with this one. In a more simplified way, Dialga would win becasue it controls time, thats final ^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    you really wanna know who would win?...

ME

but in all seriousness, Dialga because he's much cooler looking

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    Dialga would simply go back in time and crush Palkia's egg before it even hatched, causing space to be non-existant and time would rule the galaxy. At least until Arceus created another Egg for Palkia. Then Dialga would prevent Arceus from being born and Dialga would be the new Arceus! So yeah, there you go.

But talking stat-wise, I don't know.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Quite frankly I am sick of Dialga. Palkia is stronger type matching wise and looks much cooler than Dialga.

THANK YOU. Dialga appears in all three of the D/P/PT movies, while Palkia only appears in two. Dialga is the final boss of the second Mystery Dungeon games. Palkia is a side-boss. Dialga got an entire manga dedicated to itself (Pokemon DP; great series). From what I've read, Palkia doesn't even get a mention. You have to suspend disbelief with this, though; if time had no space, and vice versa, the universe would collapse.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    OMg , I always loved Palkia even though I knew Dialga was better ^^ well what can I do in stats ...?

So it goes like "Dialga would win but I love Palkia more ...." . Like that ? :3

susyy8

Traveler
    Years
    i think dialga would win cause i don't have any experience about palkia. still i really love dragon/water type, one of the kind. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Tough call. Dialga is neutral against Dragon-type moves while Palkia is weak against them. Then again, Spacial Rend is a better attack than Roar of Time and Palkia can fall back on Aura Sphere and Earth Power while Dragon really is Palkia's only type weakness.

I guess, if Roar of Time is a OHKO, then Dialga; otherwise Palkia (the recharge turn will come back to bite Dialga).

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Dialga would win, but Palkia is cooler. Palkia can't get a STAB super effective on Dialga, but Dialga can. Palkia is faster though, so maybe spacial rend can kill it when you put in the critical hit ratio.

Back