• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga vs Palkia - Who would win?

Who'd win in a fight and who's better overall?

• Dialga would win and is better overall.

Votes: 56 52.8%
  • Dialga would win but Palkia is better overall.

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Palkia would win and is better overall.

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Palkia would win but Dialga is better overall.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Help, I can't decide...

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
  • First off, if you're talking about the game battle then it really only matters about the circumstances. If both pokemon are level one hundred, that means that Palkia gets Earth Power which is super effective against Dialga, however Palkia's speed is about 241-328 where as Dialga's speed is 223-306. Palkia is faster then Dialga so it will really all depend if Earth Power will make Dialga faint or not. If it doesn't, then most likely Dialga will win with Roar of Time. If it does, well Palkia will win. So it really all depends on the speed and the moves Palkia and Dialga have.

The stats are about equal;

Palkia:
    HP: 353-384
    Attack: 277-372
    Defense: 241-328
    Sp Attack: 331-438
    Speed: 241-328
    Sp Defense: 277-372

Dialga:
    HP: 373-404
    Attack: 277-372
    Defense: 277-372
    Sp Attack: 331-438
    Speed: 223-306
    Sp Defense: 241-328

But I like Palkia's moves better. xD

Information from pokemon(dot)marriland(dot)com

Gold_fan

Brain over - Insert Coin.
    Years
  • Considering they represent space and time, they shouldn't be fighting at all, but rather working together as one and the same (unlike Groudon and Kyogre).

Simple Version:

However, if they were to get into some quarrel, I think Dialga would have the upper hand - and this is why: If you bend space, you still would need to travel across point A to point B to an observer - even though it would be extremely fast depending on how you bent it, it still is a definite path. However, if you stop time completely - thus the observer is unable to actually determine your actual path because it is actually at several places at the same period of time - you would effectively teleport without having a definite path. This makes Palkia always slower than Dialga, meaning that Dialga can more readily dodge Palkia's attacks and Palkia has more difficulty dodging Dialga's.

Extended Version:

Palkia's path, speed and acceleration can be determined because it is differentiable - it is an actual path. Dialga's path is non-continuous (because it can stop time) and it can change its position instantaneously. To calculate Dialga's speed when it changes position when it stops time would be dividing by zero, as shown in the example below:

If Dialga teleports 10 meters, its speed would be distance/time. Since it stops time, no time actually passes to an observer when it travels - thus it's speed would be 10/0, which does not exist (actually it's speed would be infinite, because as the it's time gets shorter and shorter the speed gets faster and faster (the limit of 10/0 as X approaches 0 is infinity). Infinity isn't actually a number though so it doesn't really matter). How is Palkia supposed to hit something moving at an infinite speed?

Palkia changes distance, Dialga changes time. Because of this, Dialga has a huge advantage as explained above.

...do I win an internet?

I do agree with that version. I mean, like others said, Dialga controls time, and if it can stop time, then I don't know what could Palkia do against that. o:
    Plus, maybe Palkia would send Dialga in an other "dimension" (or at least he'd try), but then again, Dialga would come back using time's power ?

"Palkia changes distance, Dialga changes time."

I guess time is a real advantage that only Dialga has, plus (stat talking) it's not weak against dragon type moves.

Dialga win, in my opinion xD

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I think that Dialga would win because Palkia's Water type is weaker to Dialga's Steel type. Woot! Go Dialga!

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2012
    Palkia would win it does not have to recharge after special rend and im pretty sure two hits of that would do they trick

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • If Pokemon Revolution actually had a CPU vs CPU option like the "Stadium" games had, I'm sure several simulations could give us the answer...

I miss you CPU vs CPU Pokemon battles...

In my opinion though, Dialga seems to be better than Palkia in most situations gamewise.

ultimatelucariotrainer

Psychic Trainer, now with Ice
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    Dialga would win and is better overall,but if you give me youre palkia,i can make it able to defeat dialga, but.... i could just create either to kicks the others ass.... i rock

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Dialga would win, it's Steel typing would make most of Palkia's moves be just normally effective, including Dragon-type moves. But Dialga's STAB Roar of time would be supereffective against Palkia, plus it's 150 Base power.

Too bad because I like Palkia. :(

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Dialga flaws Palkia due to the type disadvantage. Dragon/Steel > Dragon/Water. I thought this was already eshtablished?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Palkia looks better and in reality, thats what truly matters... haha. But the obvious is that in competitive battles Dialga is superior.

Back