• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond and Pearl to easy?

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
  • For me it was kind of difficult. Not impossible but challenging. It felt like a really long game and it took me a long time to get to the elite four.

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    I thought it was about the same difficulty as the others... but it is quite easy unless you rush to the end with pokemon that arent trained alot.

If you want a challenge try going all the way through the game with just ratatas(not in this case) thats what my friend did for red, he only have a team of ratatas.. that made it challenging!

By the way Athena, I love your sig ! I'm a fan of her.
    In these versions, we'd have to use Bidoof, and heck no, I'm not gonna train six Bidoofs. Man, that would suck. One Bidoof sucks enough for a team.

Last edited:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I thought parts of the game was a tad too easy. It actually seemed kinda short to me... especially after E4, there wasn't really any extras to the game to play with.

shirokiryuu

L'Arc Fanatic
    Years
  • Hmm... I think this generation was challanging to me. Well, I think my team had many flaws, but also I was rushing to get my national dex ASAP. I tried to complete at least one gym a day.

Also I foolishly challanged the Elite four with pokemon in the low 50's. I barely won, but I had to restart so many times and wasted a gazillion revives. The most trouble I had was with Lucian and Cythina, since with Lucian, my Luxray had horrible sp.Def, and kept on being killed by Alakazam. Cynthia's Lucario gave me trouble, as I didn't have a trained flying pokemon.

I think this generation was much difficult than the 3rd generation, in which the Elite Four was really easy. I think it might've been that swamperts are very useful.

PokemonXP

Platinum Battler
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Like other people have stated I found this game somewhat challenging. The gyms were easy but the Elite Four was insane. I barely got by Cynthia today and I've had the game for about a week or so. You were just lucky or maybe your pokemon weren't that much affected by the Elites Pokemon, of course using guides and such would also make the game too easy.

Gruckel

Meta Gamer
    Years
  • Well I can't see how he got lucky, I agree on the fact that the game was quite easy.
    Without using a guide it took me... ack I don't know how many hours been playing too much since I finished it.
    However I do agree on the fact that this E4 is way harder than earlier versions E4 they are way better at using appropriate attacks and obviously they're all on a very high level.
    But as for luck. Well if all of his pokemon made a crit. hit once every second move then sure you could call it luck.
    But knowing the game mechanics and having trained your pokemon to a high enough level, well then it's not at all a tough battle.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • I did use a guide and I'm played 50+ hours so far. I'm just about to battle E4, but it's going to take a while for me to level as I totally changed my team, and they range from level 30-50, and I want them all at least like 65 before I take them on. So THAT will take a while.
    I must admit I thought some of the gym leaders were slightly easier, I don't know though, it probably depends on your starter pokemon etc.

But I don't really care about that, I've enjoyed every minute of it, whether it's easy or not :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2007
    I like how people are talking about how easy the game is and they're using Palkia. >_>

Mastabreeda

Master Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • SC
    • Seen Jan 26, 2008
    For me the most challenging thing was that in all other versions(from blue to emerald) my pokemon were always overleveled when I fought a gym leader or a trainer...not in this one usually they were on par with my lvl. But since like me and many other ppl it wasn't so bad cause we knew how the match ups worked and could find their weakness...I made the game harder by setting the options to Set instead of shift...this made it more challenging since instead of asking if you wanna switch when they say they're sending out for instance Drapion they just sent it out and usually was your weak point...I had 5 lvl 50s and one lvl 51 pokemon when I challenged the elite four...I wanted to beat this game on set mode so I left it...but once i beat the E4 I set to shift for trainer purposes...and yes the E4 were damn good this game...they were pretty tough.

Gyms: Reason I think gyms were easy is most of them had what around 3 pokemon apiece maybe 4...so, not so bad and I was wondering why the bosses had only 3 pokemon apiece then well duh near the end with palkia/dialga they joined up so taht made sense, but wonder what would have happened if they had 4-6 pokemon and just chose to use the 3 strongest when they teamed up...it's what we do when we go the battle tower we choose 3/6 for the battle, and 4/6 for double battling.

Update: My team didn't have legendary...it consisted of:
    Torterra 50
    Lumineon 50
    Staraptor 51
    Rapidash 50
    Pikachu 50
    Lucario 50

By the end of E4
    Torterra 51
    Lumineon 52
    Staraptor 54
    Rapidash 51
    Pikachu 51
    Lucario 51

Used around 30 Full Restores and about 10 revives and 1 full heal

Last edited:

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
  • Close to the end I struggled a lot. Only one of my pokemon in the end could stand well against the E4, and I had some glaring weaknesses in my team with hurt really bad. Flint was probably the toughest for me as they were so offensive they would flatten my water type, andthe Ground E4 member was hell as well, again my water type would be flattened very quickly. Lucian was rather predictable, allowing me to capitialize and 1-hit KO most of the pokemon...as long as I kept healing one of my pokemon after each pokemon.

Overall, D/P is more difficult than its predecessors, especially the high-lvl wild pokemon.

doctoracula

Pokémon Doctor
    Years
  • I beat the Elite Four and the Champion first time with a team of Lv.50s, None of which were Legendary/Uber.

I'd say it was more of a challenge, it required more strategy, but overall I didn't lose half as many Pokémon as I did in RBY, which are still THE hardest. In my opinion anyway.

kewlgabe

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Here's team I beat the game with

Alakazam 55
    Psychic
    Recover
    Psybeam
    Miracle eye

Empoleon 50
    Brine
    Peck
    Surf
    Metal Claw

Gastrodon 44
    Mud Bomb
    Hidden power (fire)
    Body Slam
    Surf

Starator 51
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Brave Brid
    Close Combat

Luxray 51
    Spark
    Bite
    Crunch
    Thunder Fang

Steelix 51
    Thunder Fang
    Fire Fang
    Ice Fang
    Crunch

The only person in the E4 that gave me any trouble was Cythina and her Lucario because by that time I had no PP for my fire moves but my Empoleon and Staraptor took care of that.

shirokiryuu

L'Arc Fanatic
    Years
  • Hmm... Well I posted earlier, but this was my team I used.

Empoleon lv.51

Alakazam lv.51

Luxray lv.56

Rapidash lv.51

and that's all. My other two pokemon were HM slaves.

Years
  • Beat game with two pokemon: Gastrodon (wannabe Swampert with muuuuuch Lower speed and Higher HP) and my Infernape (wanna Be Blaziken that cant be...)
    Well, they were lvl 71 Each since my traning (in all games) is Intensified Hard Core, Like Learning How to Use Hex Code, to create a Notepad file with Binary Code, that can be turned into an EXE afterwards... Too much traning..
    I had 63 HRS of playtime after i beat e4...
    Moves:
    Infernape:
    Close Combat
    Flamethrower
    Grass Knot PP up X 3
    Stone Edge PP up X 3

Gastrodon:
    EQ
    Hidden Power (luckily it was flying to counter Grass)
    Muddy Water
    Ice Beam + PP up x 3

PP's thanks to friends for helping me out...

Years
  • Yeah...I'm going to have to say I struggled with this game more than any other version I've ever played, so I think you're just crazy. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Or both.

Back