• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond or Pearl?

Which Version do you Plan to Buy?

• Diamond

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • Pearl

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Both

Votes: 22 32.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    Pearl. It's my middle name. It'll be so cool. 8D

Also, my little brother has taken a liking to Diamond, I think. We usually get opposite versions. :3

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    at this point, it's kind of hard to know but i saw pearl.
    eventually i'll get both.
    i always lean toward the "blue", also, got blue, silver, & sapphire first in the past.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I'm undecided, though if/when they make the third of the D/P generation I'll get that.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    for some reason some people seem to be repelled by the dominant version (red, gold, ruby). I guess they're saying something about their personality.

Anyways, Parukia is UGLY. But because diamond will probably be prefered by most people, I'd get pearl. Then sell my parukia like an unwanted child.

ZoFreX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2007
    I'll get Diamond cause it looks better and I like the boxart.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    I actually have always got the first version of every generation (Red/Gold/Ruby) for NO reason. I never actually thought about it but I've always wanted the first version for some reason as they always had the better Pokemon for me.

To continue with this trend I'm buying Diamond, I've already pre-ordered it and it'll be here straight from Japan 1-4 days after release, maybe even before. I'll be playing it non-stop until I finish it.

EDIT: Plus it doesn't really matter anymore about getting both because you can easily trade via WiFi now so there'll be no challenge in getting the other Pokemon.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    I always get both, for certain thing such as saving Master Balls, hunting for shiny pokemon and stuff like that. I'll be getting Diamond first tho, I think Diaruga looks really nice. My bro is saying he likes Parukia, so he wants Pearl We get always get versions that r the opposite of each other anyways. lol, I already have enuff money saved for D/P and a strategy guide... not that I need one.

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
    Years
    Like many others have said, I am going to get Diamond, and my sister will get Pearl. That way I can get a full Pokedex on Diamond. Afterwards, I'll probably get Pearl, but that's only because I want both Diaruga and Parukia. (And I can SR for shiny starters.) I just think that Diamond looks like the "lesser" version because I also have gotten Blue, Silver, Sapphire, and LeafGreen. (First, at least) Diaruga is also very cool looking and sounding (TIME-RULING, for gosh's sake!).

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    I'll get Pearl, just cuz I like Parukia. My sister likes Diaruga, so I guess that works out.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    i cant believe im gettin Pearl and my bro iz gettin Diamond we do opposite games

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 24, 2009
    i want dimond!
    thae cover pokemon looks way cool!
    than i'll get pearl.

latios1993

Latios IS the best!!!
    Years
    im getting diamond because it is my birth stone(april) and because the pokemon on the front looks way better than the pearl pokemon!!!

Back