• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond/Pearl Glitch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
Years
  • @ Shadowtrails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrSq38YVHP8 Appears the maker of the movie has somehow created a void that took away the invisible wall in the water and has made it onto Shaymin's Island but when they reload the map It just freezes up.

This glitch is possible in theory but the odds of pulling it off are probably to high. Otherwise you'd be seeing millions of posts / Movies about it

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2012
    yes their is a cloning glitch on the English version I have done it it is comfirmed to work but the chances are you might not get it to work right away it took me hours to clone one pokemon search it on goodle or on youtube to see how. I cant explain it

was it the wifi one? i dont know if that one works, it could be my bad timing

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I have a question about the Tweaking Glitch. Does it only work with the early copies of the US D/P? Having bought the game in October, is it a too late edition?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    The only way to get Arceus, of what I know. Have to get Darkurai and Sheimi at my jp Diamond as well, with the Surf Glitch. If I want all Pokemon, but Darkurai is most important because that's my fav pokemon.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    @ Shadowtrails ShadowTAILS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrSq38YVHP8 Appears the maker of the movie has somehow created a void that took away the invisible wall in the water and has made it onto Shaymin's Island but when they reload the map It just freezes up.

This glitch is possible in theory but the odds of pulling it off are probably to high. Otherwise you'd be seeing millions of posts / Movies about it

I'm still calling it bull, I doubt shaymin's sprite wouldn't have loaded up when they got their, and nice quality, for all I know he would've just reset the game and had a white screen. In the japanese games with the E4 glitch (which I still question as to what smart person used Surf on the door in the first place, that's not just something you do accidently...), if you got to shaymin the sprite would be there even if the map was messed up. Even if the sprite was there, the quality is so bad you could barely make out what anything was.

Edit: The Tweaking glitch seems pointless, what has it accomplished so far? Absolutely nothing, so quit saying junk, it's about as ridiculous as the Mew and Truck theory from the RYB games. Tweaking does nothing, and even if it does it doesn't appear to give you access to anything you can't get in the game already.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
  • I discovered a couple of glitches when I was training my Rampardos. The first was that when Rampardos fainted while battling a Raticate, I chose flee and it said "The wild Raticate fled!" I fled, not Raticate. Then, there was a few Fearows that didn't get the super effective message when I used Thunder and Blizzard. Don't know about the second but the first is a glitch without doubt.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • I'm still calling it bull, I doubt shaymin's sprite wouldn't have loaded up when they got their, and nice quality, for all I know he would've just reset the game and had a white screen. In the japanese games with the E4 glitch (which I still question as to what smart person used Surf on the door in the first place, that's not just something you do accidently...), if you got to shaymin the sprite would be there even if the map was messed up. Even if the sprite was there, the quality is so bad you could barely make out what anything was.

Edit: The Tweaking glitch seems pointless, what has it accomplished so far? Absolutely nothing, so quit saying junk, it's about as ridiculous as the Mew and Truck theory from the RYB games. Tweaking does nothing, and even if it does it doesn't appear to give you access to anything you can't get in the game already.
    I don't think you payed close enough attention to the movie...No It is not bad quality...He is in a Void and when he refreshes his Map by opening and closing his Bags he is frozen in Blue Not white...But a Faint Blue. I have no idea what the Japanese Surfing glitch has to do with this either and Yes if you actually where on Shaymin's Island and refreshed you would see him. The person in the video is more then likely on His land strip or whatever you may want to call it. hence the bike riding.

So yes the tweaking glitch may seem "Pointless" But it does have potential to unlock him aswell as Darkrai.

~Happy Dood

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
  • I am going to have to agree with ShadowTails. The tweaking glitch is nothing more than a map loading error. Now, if this was done in front of the Hotel where Darkrai is supposed to be found, then it could be possible to enter the hotel. Unlikely, but possible.

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
    Years
  • Okay well I've noticed one glitch too many times now. I am playing the English version of DP. It's the New Zealand/Australia one (which DP for us is just the American version I think. I'm not sure but the American code for Manaphy worked on my NZ Ranger game). Anyway, as you all know, Dragonite and Dragonair are both Dragon types. Dragonite has Flying too but remember, either way, Dragon moves are super effective against them both. I've had the same glitch with my Rayquaza but I noticed it more when training my Dragonair/Dragonite. Anyway, this is what happened:

I was battling Swimmer Sheltin and his Gyarados used Dragon Rage. This happened to me heaps of times but every time, it was a normal hit. Not super effective against Dragonair/Dragonite. This happened with other Pokemon using Dragon Rage too. Anyway, I used different Dragon pokemon so it seems like there is a glitch with the move Dragon Rage and that it is not super effective against Dragon moves. But it's Dragon typed...

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2007
    I've done that cheat in my Pearl to test it to see if it was safe to use in Diamond and i only had like lvl. 5 Turtwig lol and it froze the game. turned off and it said file erased. Screamed and i never used the code again.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Okay well I've noticed one glitch too many times now. I am playing the English version of DP. It's the New Zealand/Australia one (which DP for us is just the American version I think. I'm not sure but the American code for Manaphy worked on my NZ Ranger game). Anyway, as you all know, Dragonite and Dragonair are both Dragon types. Dragonite has Flying too but remember, either way, Dragon moves are super effective against them both. I've had the same glitch with my Rayquaza but I noticed it more when training my Dragonair/Dragonite. Anyway, this is what happened:

I was battling Swimmer Sheltin and his Gyarados used Dragon Rage. This happened to me heaps of times but every time, it was a normal hit. Not super effective against Dragonair/Dragonite. This happened with other Pokemon using Dragon Rage too. Anyway, I used different Dragon pokemon so it seems like there is a glitch with the move Dragon Rage and that it is not super effective against Dragon moves. But it's Dragon typed...

Check Dragon Rages description: An attack that always does 40 damage. So weakness and Resistance aren't applied, much like Seismic Toss(but Seismic Toss is better).

Years
  • People all you have to do to get shaymin is go to route 224 where oak is supposed to be,head north ,go on the flowery path,and catch shaymin!

Alas I now an ar code to get any pokemon level 20 at mining musuem.I even have a shiny ho-oh.

KRDsonic

Power Of Luck
    Years
  • This is probably my first real post on this site. Anyways, I read you people were trying the tweaking glitch. It's a dead glitch. I was one of the orriginal people at gamefaqs who was working on discovering things with the glitch. You can't get events with it. It just doesn't work :/
    Anyways, You can also tweak both down/up and sideways at the same time.
    I have 2 videos on youtube showing the sideways tweak thing after it's done. I can't post the URL here because of lack of posts though. Guess you could find it by searching "Pokemon tweaking KRDsonic" if you want proof.

There are a few cool things you can do like walking on a log you can only bike on. (discovered by ZeldaFreakGlitcha).
    Or walk through a few signs/people, but it's pretty pointless in the end. At least it's fun to do. Also, I found out that even if you could get in the blackness, it disappears at the other side, and the japanese way doesn't work, you leave the map if you try to do the same thing (I tested using walk through walls code for both of those). We had lots of theories, but none worked.

Iced

Aspiration
    Years
  • Im not sure if this is true but people are saying that they found a DP Bad Egg by using a AR hold L+R and get 999 Leftovers (I bet right now your wondering how leftovers are going to lead you to a egg) then discard enough until u have 495 leftovers left then realease R then walk into the grass holding L.

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    People all you have to do to get shaymin is go to route 224 where oak is supposed to be,head north ,go on the flowery path,and catch shaymin!

Alas I now an ar code to get any pokemon level 20 at mining musuem.I even have a shiny ho-oh.

1. Nah, you have to HACK an item first.
    2. OMG HAXOR ^_^

----------------------------------------------------

Uck, a while ago, I asked for a 0 - 9 Abomasnow, and i came back onto the GTS later, and it said: ELECTIVIRE WAS NOT TRADED. Which makes me think....perhaps 0 - 9 Abamasnows are filtered too?

Last edited:

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • Sorry for pushing this thread...

I have a question about the tweaking glitch: Does it work everywhere in Sinnoh? Cause I've already tried it in much cities but it only works in Jubilife City.

I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to work everywhere. . .

I just bought an Action Replay and then I decided to do the walk through walls code. I was walking through walls and having some fun, when something occured to me-What's behind the Pal Park? So I flew there and walked behind it, never went inside, and there was this grassy area, completely blocked off so you couldn't go to it without a cheating device. I was thinking that this must be a place where a new glitch pokemon would be, so I started walking around in the grass. Then, I ran into a. . .pink Shellos. Then I ran around more in the grassy area and I ran into a. . .Stunky. They were both perfectly normal pokemon.

Another time I used the walk through walls code before I got a pokemon. I walked through the trees until I got to Sandgem town, I was greeted by the professor's kid, and pulled into Prof. Rowan's lab. He said something like I did well with -------- and I should have a pokedex. So once I got the pokedex, I opened it, and the game turned black and froze.

~!~Miss Cow~!~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back