• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonzaiRob

3dPE Benevolent Dictator
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I hate to ask a nooby question that might be answered in the thread, but I've read 15 pages and my eyes hurt.
    Has anyone managed to rip textures from 3D objects yet?
    I have some plans that don't involve ROM hacking for them. I want to know how they're laid out and stuff so I can work out what the actual model shapes are in 3D space.

Thanks for any answers (even if it's just STFU noob of course we have lololol)

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
    Years
  • I hate to ask a nooby question that might be answered in the thread, but I've read 15 pages and my eyes hurt.
    Has anyone managed to rip textures from 3D objects yet?
    I have some plans that don't involve ROM hacking for them. I want to know how they're laid out and stuff so I can work out what the actual model shapes are in 3D space.

Thanks for any answers (even if it's just STFU noob of course we have lololol)

Well, i'm not exactly sure what you mean. There are lots of different levels. I'm guessing (hopefully, rightly) you mean something simpler like this:
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

thats just textures, the actual models are much harder.

BonzaiRob

3dPE Benevolent Dictator
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ah, yes, exactly like that! (hehe, it also confirms my theory that the trees were layered rather than true 3d - they would have too many polys.)

Where was that originally posted, and is there a full sheet for it? And has anyone done houses?

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
    Years
  • Ah, yes, exactly like that! (hehe, it also confirms my theory that the trees were layered rather than true 3d - they would have too many polys.)

Where was that originally posted, and is there a full sheet for it? And has anyone done houses?

hehehe...
    that hasn't been posted yet, I made that tool.
    Full sheets... I'm working on them...
    Houses are done like this, but they are an absolute mess.

BonzaiRob

3dPE Benevolent Dictator
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ah, they're all over the place? Shame, I guess. Might be something to do with the order the polys are loaded?
    I have a couple of ideas about how they're shaped and modelled, like that there's not really a lightsource or any roof overhangs, that it's all in the texture on a simple model. But I want to confirm it with the textures before I start trying to emulate it (also they'd be damn useful for testing XD guess I'll have to stitch them together).
    Think you could send me those tree textures, though? XD Keep me posted on how your program goes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2009
    Does anyone know a way for me to get out of Fake-Sinnoh? I saved there with the explorer's kit, and now it freezes when I load. Is there a code or something to fix this?

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
    Years
  • Hey it's me again...*sigh* is there any leads in map hacking? I would like to start "tinkering" at those hints and see if I can get some results.
    Thought I would shut the *bleeper* up and contribute to the community a bit.
    So, any pointers? Or tools/programs that I would need in order to return results?

The hex editor that I use is XVI32.
    I also have the Nitro Explorer program that allows you to browse the files in a DS ROM Image.

Ben232

Frontier Brain
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2009
    Okay, I've been told to ask here for any assistance on hacking Platinum, and so, I'll ask here.

I'm in need of a little bit of assistance on editing the 'Back Sprite' of your Player Character in battle, (and I mean every frame of it). I also need to be able to add in new music from other DS games with the same music format. I know that this is possible for I have seen it myself with my own eyes.

Another thing I'd like to know how to do is how to edit the actual Trainer Sprite itself when you enter a battle. By this, I mean the opponents battle sprite which faces you before sending out a Pokemon, and, for example, the one on the Trainer Card of the Player Character. I also need to know how to change names of characters in-game, like Cyrus to 'Light', and 'Prof Rowan to 'Phoenix' etc, and to change what is said in-game.

I already know how to edit overworld sprites, and many other things in the game. It's just these I need to be told about. Does editing the actual Trainer Sprite on the Trainer Card/Battle etc revolve around using Tile Molester etc? Well, anyways, if someone could explain, it would be a rather big help to me.

Thank you very much for reading. I would be very grateful for any help concerning these matters.

Thanks in advance.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Hello everyone *waves*
    I would like to ask a question about something that maybe you guys can answer.
    In order to edit text in NDS ROMs can I search for the text in a hex editor like i would when doing it for GBA or GBC or do I have to first extract some kind of narc file?

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
    Years
  • Hello everyone *waves*
    I would like to ask a question about something that maybe you guys can answer.
    In order to edit text in NDS ROMs can I search for the text in a hex editor like i would when doing it for GBA or GBC or do I have to first extract some kind of narc file?
    Welcome. *waves back*
    Well, its stored in NARC, encoded. So extracting is the first step, then decoding is the next. I'm not sure the exact encoding (I plan on researching stuff like that once I'm finally done with maps). loadingNOW has something called thenewpoketext that can do it, though it is hard to work with.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Welcome. *waves back*
    Well, its stored in NARC, encoded. So extracting is the first step, then decoding is the next. I'm not sure the exact encoding (I plan on researching stuff like that once I'm finally done with maps). loadingNOW has something called thenewpoketext that can do it, though it is hard to work with.

Is it like this for every NDS ROM? or just for pokemon? Also is there any special way to find the exact .narc file?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2009
    Does anyone know a way for me to get out of Fake-Sinnoh? I saved there with the explorer's kit, and now it freezes when I load. Is there a code or something to fix this?oh, and sorry about the font size. btw, I tweaked. I didn't use an action replay, but if i need to buy one to fix this i will.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Does anyone know a way for me to get out of Fake-Sinnoh? I saved there with the explorer's kit, and now it freezes when I load. Is there a code or something to fix this?oh, and sorry about the font size. btw, I tweaked. I didn't use an action replay, but if i need to buy one to fix this i will.
    If you can edit the sav file just change your location.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back