• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2012
you said you replaced the Bike with sprites from a Female Skier
what was the color offset of the picture and what editer did you use

Da GaMeFrEaK

Farmer/Swordsman
Years
eheheh... Looks complicated... ^^;

wow... I'm an amateur gba game hacker and I'm surprised at how far everyone is ahead of me! (^^;) Sounds like there's a bit of trouble, though... Maybe I can learn some of this stuff and help you out! I'm probably off-topic here... But if I'm to learn this, what all am I going to beed to hack D/P? And I keep hearing of this ''heartgold'' and ''soulsilver''. Are these official games coming out soon? I've seen it everywhere! So what will I need? I've looked through this thread and it seems like there's a ton of programs that I need in order to hack into the game. There's some I probably won't need, I just want to know what exactly the basics are. (This is so cool! I'm actually texting this from my phone! ^_^)

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
Years
Lately I've started to hack Platinum with HGSS graphics, but for some reasons PokeDS/PicPlatinum does not show trainer's back sprites properly (as shown below).

th_50543_blackandwhite_122_242lo.jpg

Therefore I have several questions about replacing graphics:

(1)
Could I use Poketex to replace the "trainer's back sprites", "the trainer's ID card sprite" and "trainer's VS sprites" if I locate the proper offsets? If it is feasible, how could I locate the offsets by myself? (I am currently using Platinum Japanese version)

(2)
I did some research and I found out that there is a Pokemon Ds/Pic Modified Versions (or PokeDS/PicPlatinumTrainer?) released by SCVgeo which is capable of replacing the sprites I mentioned above. The link to the tool, however, is dead. So I wonder if anyone could upload it if possible?

Thank you in advance. =]

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
Years
Could I use Poketex to replace the "trainer's back sprites", "the trainer's ID card sprite" and "trainer's VS sprites" if I locate the proper offsets? If it is feasible, how could I locate the offsets by myself? (I am currently using Platinum Japanese version)
Poketex is not capable of handling the sprites. If anything, it can do the overworlds. If you did want to locate more offsets, you can search your ROM for TEX0 (T-E-X-zero) and those should load (except for a certain texture case which I'm looking into now).

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
Years
Poketex is not capable of handling the sprites. If anything, it can do the overworlds. If you did want to locate more offsets, you can search your ROM for TEX0 (T-E-X-zero) and those should load (except for a certain texture case which I'm looking into now).
Thanks! Hacking is sure tiring and fun at the same time! XD

dragonarche

Is back :D
Years
I extracted some .0DMB
files and tryed editing them
but no luck
only thing i discoverd is how to change texures of objects
anything new you guys found?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I noticed that there's a wild Pokemon editor for Diamond/Pearl, but not for Platinum. Would the editor for D/P also work for Platinum?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
NARC are the files the ROM uses to store various game files (sort of in the same way a PC game stores files in your directory) you need to use a program called NitroExplorer2b to extract the .narc files and edit them

GuyNamedSean

Cobalt Scizor
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 12, 2019
Sorry, but I'm too lazy to search 78 pages to see if there is a tool for hacking maps in D/P, so if there is, please tell me where to get it!

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
DP-Hacking Thread: What has happened so far

Here is a summary of the Pages 1-26. I'm already working on Pages 27 and above. ;)

Page 1:
Lawrence and Blaizchu changed graphics using Tile Layer Pro. GreenZ claims that he changed trainer pokemons.

Page 2:
Screenshots of deufeufeu's never-released narc-browser "Procrastinhack"

Page 3:
Coolboyman finds poke-stats-tables and the format (Byte 00->08 of 2C)
~Red posts this dead link: ht tp://pokecenter.tools.jp/dsmap

Page 4:
11235 posts a file to use PokeTex with english ROMS instead of japanese ROMS.
PokeTEX can be downloaded at htt p://w ww.plunder.com/poketex-download-2cc7292d.htm
11235 found the format for one-poke-trainers in trpoke.narc-file.

Page 11:
spenceroone3 destorys a tile.

Page 13:
D-Trogh recommends Tahaxan (for NARC-extraction, etc.)

Page 14:
EvilCrazyMonkey lists a few stategies to find new informations about the internal formats

Page 16:
Character-table

Page 17:
According to loadingNOW the maps are real 3d models in the BMD (google=>gamecube) with tile-collision data
ht tp://w ww.youtube.com/user/PokeSpamIndustries proves this "theory"
gamefreakfatty uploaded PokeTEX in english and told about his expiriences with expirience-tables :P
Discussions about starterpokemons + Offsets

Page 18:
thethethethe posts evolution-data-format

Page 19:
More infos on movesets by thethethethe and a list of all moves and items (based on Action Replay)

Page 20:
thethethethe post the offset for the sinno2national-dex table
and infos about the "trainerbattle"-structure

Page 23:
Darthatron finds more info on battle-data

Page 25:
Gymleaderoffsets

Page 26:
LOTS of trainer-offsets

1. Does ndstool extract ALL the data on the rom?
2. Does Pokemon D/P use pointers? or indexes for narc-files, etc...

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Yeah, thanks for putting in the effort of making a thread summary. But this thread is over a month old and therefore you're reviving a thread.

Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back