• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond, Pearl, Platinum

Years
    I don't own/haven't played any of these.
    Is it worth playing?
    Which one is the better version?
    I heard Platinum is the best and the other 2 are mediocre.
    I'm just wondering.

Years
    Is the game worth playing though?
    From the few Pokemon I've seen that are in it, it looks like its more for younger kids rather than older ones/adults.
    But I'm just old school like that.

Jamie88

4th Generation Newb :)
    Years
    I'm playing Pearl atm and thouroghly enjoying it to be honest. The new graphics and battle screens are brilliant, plus the towns and cities look fantastic IMO.

Torterrax

Is loving Torterra... <3
    Years
    Well some of us bought Diamond/Pearl before Platinum because Platinum didn't even exist for 2 years... xD

Though, I'd say get Platinum because it does have everything that Diamond and Pearl have plus more, a better storyline and Diamond and Pearl aren't as good because you can't get both Dialga and Palkia, but on Platinum you can get Giratina, Dialga and Palkia... and Dialga and Palkia are both on Lv.70!

NatureKeeper

Well, I own legit copies of Diamond and SoulSilver myself. Diamond is pretty good, actually. I had one tried Platinum on an R4 I got at a time, (which I lost, and happy to lose somehow.) and It was so damned hard. I recommend either Diamond or Pearl first, because they are easy and require less grinding. :P

Oh, and it is truly worth playing. I'm 12 and truly enjoy them.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    get platinum. unless u want murkrow or misdreavus. if u think that dpt r for a younger audience, i felt that in comparison to ss, its set to an older audience.
    if ur going to get any one of them, i would recomend platinum bcause of the extra content and graphic improvement.
    i had played platinum on the r4 and thought it was good, but after i played ss and i wanted to replay the sinnoh region, i bought platinum coz i remember it was alot nicer. but yeh. thats just mo. XD

JY

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I prefer Pearl, but I'd buy Platinum, because you get more replay value for no extra cost.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Of the three, you'll definitely want Platinum, as there's so much more to do (even if they did take Misdreavus out :/)

Parallel worlds, expanding storyline, and tougher bosses.

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
    Platinum is the better of the three, it has more legendaries and a slightly longer plot. As well as extras, like the Battle Factory, etc.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    I agree with InfernoHO-OH, Platium is probably the best of the three because it has more items and better movepools for pokemon in general.

~Sentuk

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    If your question is, "is it worth playing?" The answer would be: Yes! It's a fantastic region, with great Pokemon and if you choose any starter, you'll find the other types early on in the game. Like say you choose Piplup, you'll be able to get Ponyta and Roselia/Budew, great Pokemon! Also, people around here will help you with Trading and Battle via Wi-Fi. I think. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    If you don't own any of these three yet, you should definitely only get Platinum and play on it. Diamond and Pearl are pretty much the same as Platinum, with just some minor differences. Platinum allows you to get more cool Pokemon.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I'm in the same position as the original poster and I don't own Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. Now as I'm one of those people who would rather own the original version first, would it be alright to own the first two versions before getting the latter version, regardless of whether I'd miss out on some stuff first?

Azumin

Trader/RNGer. ^-^
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I would say Platinum for replay value, however I found Pearl and Diamond to be a bit harder than platinum.

Back