• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Not true. He could have lost the battle by only using Tail Whip or something to make it UT. Remember, you don't HAVE to win the battle against Gary. It only slightly alters his team of Pokemon later in the game. Same thing if you win, it only alters his team.
    I remember once gary hit a critical on me and that was the first time that ever happened to me in a starter fight lol I was so pissed

btw can you get national dex b4 beating E4
    if you've battled every trainer besides the e4 couldn't you just faint on cynthias last pokemon lol and you would have seen all without beating E4

andersennavy

Born to be the very best
    Years
    does a move get stronger if the pokemon using the move is the same type as the move?

For example, im stuck between meking my gengar learn dark pulse or shadow ball. Id rather him learn dark pulse bcuz of the flinching effect n plus i dont care for the lowering the opponents special defense anyways. N both moves hav a power of 80. But would shadow ball do more damage just bcuz its a ghost move n gengar is a ghost pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Nope, though one would think it possible to get the National Dex without beating the Elite 4, it is not. I believe that it doesn't work because too much revolves around the two events.

Wrong. It is COMPLETELY possible to get the National Pokedex before beating the Elite Four. I got it on my Pearl before even beating Volkner.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Wrong. It is COMPLETELY possible to get the National Pokedex before beating the Elite Four. I got it on my Pearl before even beating Volkner.

That's true, if you can (at least) get your own Garchomp and Spiritomb. When I played through, I didn't get any Gible nor did I have any friends to summon Spiritomb. I think it's just easier to beat the E4 first and then go for dex.

You'd also have to have someone trade you the other game's legend. Basically, you need to beat the E4 if you don't have any friends.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    That's true, if you can (at least) get your own Garchomp and Spiritomb. When I played through, I didn't get any Gible nor did I have any friends to summon Spiritomb. I think it's just easier to beat the E4 first and then go for dex.

You'd also have to have someone trade you the other game's legend. Basically, you need to beat the E4 if you don't have any friends.

You can get the other Dragon listed by talking to Cynthia's relatives in Celestic Town and I've heard that you can lose to Cynthia but still have the Pokedex entries, but yeah, that kind of defeats the point.

MyLittleShop

Click my eggs for free events
    Years
    Test Shaymin?

Ok so i know that test shaymin was movie shaymin released before the initial July 19th date. What date would a test shaymin be? I have a test shaymin that says July 12th... is it legit (everything else is legit about it)?

Ok so i know that test shaymin was movie shaymin released before the initial July 19th date. What date would a test shaymin be? I have a test shaymin that says July 12th... is it legit (everything else is legit about it)?

Last edited:

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
    Quick question, Ok?
    When you use an IV Calculator it shows the Hidden Power.
    I put in the stats at level 100 without EVs, is this correct
    because When I put the stats in with EVs the Hidden Power changes.
    Does the HP stay the same?

MyLittleShop

Click my eggs for free events
    Years
    Quick question, Ok?
    When you use an IV Calculator it shows the Hidden Power.
    I put in the stats at level 100 without EVs, is this correct
    because When I put the stats in with EVs the Hidden Power changes.
    Does the HP stay the same?

No its not correct. you need the EV's to find the IV's and vice versa

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    MyLittleShop: They actually can be any date you can imagine. Users can change the date/time in your DS so there is really no "illegit" date.

Seth Retrobyte: Uhh... I never heard of a Hidden Power dependent on EVs.

Pokemon_Fan14: Any pokemon that can reproduce into their own species cannot be legendary. In other words, Latios and Latias cannot breed. They're siblings anyways. >:<

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
    MyLittleShop: The effort values you put into a pokemon don't effect the IV's, so they shouldn't effect the Hidden Power's Type.

Raikazu: I was asking if the Effort Values effect Hidden Powers.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Seth Retrobyte: Yes, and I answered your question with a "No". What's your point? ._.;

Pokemon_Fan14: Nope. Shiny Pokemon are obtained by a 1/8193 chance of finding one each time you encounter one. There is no way to "make" a Pokemon shiny. If you're talking about "sheen", that's a whole different story.

Edit; beat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back