• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Quick question. You know in the game corner. To get the TM explosion, do you have to finish right after 10 or whenever or as long as you go over 10 is it ok ?? I know you have to loose one for it to count, but I'm up to 15 and it just won't loose !! So is it worth keeping going or have I already missed out on the TM by going over 10 ??

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • Quick question. You know in the game corner. To get the TM explosion, do you have to finish right after 10 or whenever or as long as you go over 10 is it ok ?? I know you have to loose one for it to count, but I'm up to 15 and it just won't loose !! So is it worth keeping going or have I already missed out on the TM by going over 10 ??

Bulbapedia said:
    After 15 spins, the Clefairy with either stay for another bonus round or it will return to its Poké Ball and the bonus. This seems to be random. If ten or more bonus rounds are played in a row, talking to the woman behind the counter will yield players TM64 (Explosion). In order to obtain the TM, the player must lose a bonus round after their tenth consecutive round, pressing Start to end the "Slot Session" will not count as having played 10 games in a row and will, in turn, not yield TM64.

If you're at 15, then it should be ok to stop and get the TM. Just make sure you don't press start to end the Slot Session in the bold above.

Years
  • Thanks a lot :D Good to know my efforst are not in vain. It just won't loose. I keep ignoring where the shiny Clefairy is pointing to, but it just keeps going !!!!! I'm hoping the moon goes red soon then make her tired.

True Justice

Years
  • I have a question. What is the recommended number of berries to completely EV wipe a Pokemon. I trained (not EV trained) some of my shinies and I wanted to EV wipe them and see if they have any potential.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have a question. What is the recommended number of berries to completely EV wipe a Pokemon. I trained (not EV trained) some of my shinies and I wanted to EV wipe them and see if they have any potential.

I believe that it is 11, wait for another answer though for Im not completely sure.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I have a question. What is the recommended number of berries to completely EV wipe a Pokemon. I trained (not EV trained) some of my shinies and I wanted to EV wipe them and see if they have any potential.

11 is the maximum you'll need for one stat.
    If the stat has 101-255 EVs, then using just 1 of the appropriate berry will reduce it to 100. If the stat has 1-100 EVs, then each berry will reduce them by 10(or to 0, if it's at 1-10 EVs left).

So that would be 1 berry to drop it to 100(if it's actually above that), and then a further 10 berries to drop it from 100 to 0. At most.

Years
  • Figured I would post here rather than the Moveset board as this question is aimed more for a casual goal. Fun time and the like.

I got TRANSFORM on a Smeargle...

What other moves would, or could, go good with this Transforming Smeargle?
    I don't really want a crappy Mew wannabe. Would CONVERSION be a good start?

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Transform is very much a novelty on Smeargle, since it's got loads of other, better moves it can learn.
    That being said, my novelty Smeargle has Transform, Fly, Roar of Time, and Spacial Rend.
    If you're looking for a serious, competitive moveset, I can't really help :(

Years
  • Thanks, bishop.

I got alot of novelty Smeargle. I think I will put other odd moves on it. Like Camoflage, Defog and Rock Smash. As for novelty, I like the Conversion sets. Like Smeargle with SebSeed, Super Fang and Conversion.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I have a question. What is the recommended number of berries to completely EV wipe a Pokemon. I trained (not EV trained) some of my shinies and I wanted to EV wipe them and see if they have any potential.
    I thought they give you a message when all the EVs are wiped. Normally, they give you "Special Attack was reduced" or something, but when they fully wipe the EVs, you'll get "Special Attack can't go lower", or something along the lines of that. If I'm not mistaken, you will get a message telling you that all the EVs have been wiped.

For the battle tower-do I need 3 pokemon at Lv100 or what?
    Uh, yeah.

amr

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2010
    Hi guys,

A few questions here, please help.

1) Nugget, and that gold dust, are those only good for selling?
    2) Does stopping a a pokemon from evolving do any good? And for an example, would a Lv. 40 Piplub's stats equal to a Lv. 40 Empoleon's stats?
    3) What's the most affective attack against Palkia?

Thanks.

True Justice

Years
  • Hi guys,

A few questions here, please help.

1) Nugget, and that gold dust, are those only good for selling?
    2) Does stopping a a pokemon from evolving do any good? And for an example, would a Lv. 40 Piplub's stats equal to a Lv. 40 Empoleon's stats?
    3) What's the most affective attack against Palkia?

Thanks.

1) Yes, and you make alot of money off of them too.
    2) The only benefit out of preventing a Pokemon from evolving is obtaining attacks that their evolution is incapable of learning. Ex. Combusken learns Mirror Move at LV. 43, where as Blaziken never gets the opportunity to learn Mirror Move.
    3) In-Game: Roar of Time
    Competitive Battling: Outrage.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • Yeah, you can. It swarms on route 221.
    Dawn's/Lucas' sister tells you whitch Pokémon is swarming after you get the National Dex and the swarms change everyday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back