• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did anyone here get a DS just to play pokemon?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • Nope, I got it for NSMB, LoZ:PH, and MP:H. In fact, pre-release info for D/P turned me off on this generation completely until I saw the games at a $20 price tag a year after their launch and decided to give them a try...better than my expectations, but my expectations weren't very high^_^;

Sixtypin

?_?
    Years
  • Let's see....Gameboy color was kinda for Gold, My Advance was for Leaf Green and I got my DS for Platinum. The only one I did not get for pokemon was Gameboy which I got in ninteen eighty nine.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I did, in fact most of my DS games are just purely pokemon ones. I will probably buy the new DS as well for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yep, I bought all the Game Boy's specifically for Pokemon, except the Game Boy Color which I just wanted for no real reason other than I thought it would be cool to have XD The only games I have for my SP and DS are Pokemon.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Naw, I bought the original DS (which I still use on occasion to get a "WTF are you playing on" from anyone who watches me) cause it just came out, and it was new, and I wanted to play SMB64 but broke my own 64.

The DSlite on the other hand, I bought because it was hard to play pokémon on that clunky older model of mine, (not to mention that the original DS took up an entire pocket) so I got one, and to my surprise, I liked it, and I used it alot until...

The DSi came out. Taking advantage of my newfound bundle of money, I bought one of them, not because it's new and shi...Okay, maybe a little because it's new and shiny, but mostly because of the features, and the fact that my DS lite had a bunch of dimples on its touch screen from a previous incident.

Now adays, I use the other two as backup for when my DSi runs out of power and there's no charger in the vincity.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    So far yes.
    I have Pearl and two of the Pokemon Ranger games, i don't think i'll get any others though...XD

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • I got my DS for many reasons besides Pokemon, but it was one of the main reasons.

Now, the original Game Boy and Game Boy Color were bought solely for the purpose of me playing Pokemon.

Years
  • Haha i remember i got the Limited Edition Pikachu GBC with Pokemon Crystal fot my birthday! :D Oh man those were the days. I also got my DS with Pokemon Diamond just to play that. Then i went of Pokemon and sold it along with the DS but then....... Platinum came out so i went and bought a DSi just to play it! :D haha
    So worth it though! :P

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Heh, don't flatter yourself Pokemon.
    I got it for other reasons, I'm pretty sure I got it before I knew there were going to be Pokemon games on the DS anyway, yeah, I've had it for a while.

I got a new one, but again, not because of Pokemon. My old one was breaking so I brought a DS lite, which is also breaking. It'll teach me to take care of my stuff.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • YES!!

As soon as I heard that Diamond and Pearl were going to be DS exclusive games, I ran out and bought a DS. So yeah, I am crazy enough to actually buy a whole new console just for pokemon games.:laugh:

I do have other games for my DS, other than pokemon too. But pokemon is still my favorite.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Yes and no.

When I heard about D/P, I was stoked that I was getting a DS for Christmas. But I mainly play Pokemon games on my DS. And Wario Ware Touched...it's addicting.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • No... I actually bought mine to play Gyakuten Saiban, or Phoenix Wright... That was the ONLY reason I bought it... I didn't even pick up Pokemon Diamond until I beat all Three Gyakuten Saiban's, and put it on a hiatus when Apollo Justice came out. XD
    Now I'm just waiting for Miles Edgeworth's game to come out. <3

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I woulda, but I got my DS second hand from my brother. XD Soo no....and my orrigional reason to want a DS was actually for either for Sonic Rush (which we DO own now, regards, it's a pretty fun game^^), or, Kirby Canvas Curse (the FIRST time I EVER noticed a game of Kirby's and wanted it 0-o; XD). I don't own Canvas Curse.

My ONLY reason to get my GBA, though, was to play my Pokémon Sapphire version game I won in a KidsWB contest (Who's That New Pokémon? Sweepstakes, I beleve). Pokémon was my LIFE back then....man do I miss those days! lol

Back