• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did anyone NOT want these remakes to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Did I NOT want these remakes to happen? Of course I did, besides the fact that I never got to play GS because I got Crystal instead. To add on to this, I wanted to see Johto in the DS style, after I realized it wasn't going to be made for the GBA. Plus, I knew there would be so many new possibilities and ideas for the game if it were to be remade, so it made me wonder and want it to happen even more.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I didn't die of agony for a remake, but yeah I thought it would've been cool to have one. Now here it is and I am eager to here some more news about it.

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
    i mean gold and silver had the best pokemon, the best legends, the best storyline... i mean we can go all day folks of course we wanted the remakes! also had best gym leaders in my opinion

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Who wouldn't want remakes?

A lot of people actually.

As for if I never wanted this remake to happen I can't say yes or no. I didn't really think of it until we have been getting some hints.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I've always wanted the game to be re-made. It was really fun! :3

Fortunately, it's a dream come true for all of us~ :D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I was hoping for the remake especially, because I wanted to have Ho-Oh and Lugia and other Johto Pokémon in to my Ruby game those many years ago. I liked a lot of the Johto Pokémon and to see them in better high resolution and 3D like graphics is a big reason why I wanted remakes. Plus, the addition of cool, new looking sprites is always a plus for me.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Pokemon Silver was the first Pokemon game I've owned, and I was eager for a remake. Not begging for one, but eager for one. Now, it's here! I don't see how anyone could NOT want a remake.

Years
    I was hoping for these for a long time, mostly because i lost my silver edition and because I wanted to play in Johto again. I'm just hoping that it'll keep some of my favourite features like going in the yard of the caretakers and talk to your Pokemon.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years

/raises hand.

:( I just didn't like FRLG. They were okay, yeah, but they were missing something. The spark that the originals had was just gone for me. I know I'm in a minority here but I could never pick out what I didn't like about them and it took a lot of reflection (shut up, I know I'm lame) to realize that since I think I was in denial or something. XD;

At any rate, once I realized that, I also realized that I didn't really want a GSC remake. I have the fondest memories of Gen II. It's my favourite and probably holds the biggest nostalgia rush of any game I played as a kid. I'm certainly not against a remake but I am so scared that I won't like this rendition of them and that I just won't feel it (whatever "it" is) when I play these.

T_T Trying to be optimistic so I am looking forward to them but this feeling of dread is still gonna be here up to their release.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'd say that I've wanted remakes, but if it came to them never being made, I would have been alright with that as well.

To be honest though, I can't see myself feeling any sort of nostalgia with these remakes because of the fact that they are remakes for a new generation. They're not the originals. That being said, I'm still going to love these games because I always enjoy Pokemon games, and nothing will ever really change this feeling.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years

/raises hand.

:( I just didn't like FRLG. They were okay, yeah, but they were missing something. The spark that the originals had was just gone for me. I know I'm in a minority here but I could never pick out what I didn't like about them and it took a lot of reflection (shut up, I know I'm lame) to realize that since I think I was in denial or something. XD;

At any rate, once I realized that, I also realized that I didn't really want a GSC remake. I have the fondest memories of Gen II. It's my favourite and probably holds the biggest nostalgia rush of any game I played as a kid. I'm certainly not against a remake but I am so scared that I won't like this rendition of them and that I just won't feel it (whatever "it" is) when I play these.

T_T Trying to be optimistic so I am looking forward to them but this feeling of dread is still gonna be here up to their release.
    Heh, I can see where you're coming from. XD

TBH I also wonder - as I'm sure a decent number of us are - if the GS remakes will live up to what the GSC games were for me. That however is the 'risk' so to speak of any game, and I'll just have to hope that it turns out good. For me however, the anticipation of the games are overshadowing that worry of mine. XD Maybe partly to do with the fact that they made a decent amount of improvements in Platinum over DP, fixing a good amount of the problems it had, and also that so far things look quite good (but of course, that's going by what is very little insight into how the game will turn out, really - shiny features =/= good game. But I do tend to be optimistic, even if GSC's remakes mightn't turn out to be so great.

I was ok with FRLG as well, but they didn't exactly rock my socks or whatever term you want to use the way GSC did. But then I've liked GSC over RBY anyways... =/

Myself, ever since playing Diamond and seeing the certainly-not-suspicious references within it and then finding out about the 'Pokemon can come from Johto' coding within it, I thought that GSC would be remade, and over the years, as my friends and I noted, they slowly were doing everything but announce it. (And of course, they did end up getting remade). I also wanted to see them get remade, them also being my favourite Pokemon games. I'm eager to see how they turn up, what changes and what stays, and also to play through the old adventure again, only on a DS and all, with 'updated' music (but the original stuff is pretty darn good still, never mind that it's all made from beeps), and look, and so forth. Should be interesting. But I am mostly interested in the gameplay and how they will turn out. I like to think it'll be good at least. =)

Years

/raises hand.

You're not lame at all. I wasn't in love with FrLg either, but I liked getting the starters. (I think it's because I'm not really a Kanto fan, that I didn't like it seeing as I wasn't too crazy over Red version. Probably because Gold was my first Pokemon game I have ever played, while Red was the second.)

I understand how you feel about the remake. I think a lot of us are too worried about how many changes will be in it, because of how much we loved the originals. (From what I can tell, a lot of people don't like the titles or new character already.) However, I don't see HG/SS as replacing GS. I see it as an entirely new game that just happens to be similar to GS(C) and not taking everything away from it. We can still love the old games, but we could still be happy about the new games. Many of us have wanted it for years. If they made it exactly like the original, it might not sell as much, because people would think they are wasting money on a game they have already played.

I'm optimistic like you are about the remakes. I'm happy they are remaking a game I have always wanted, and that they are making it similar to a game that has my favorite graphics.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    FRLG was crap indeed, so I was kinda not wanting it to happen. Then I just wanted them to happen because GS needed an update, I feared the repercussions of it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I did want it to happen, but I also didn't mind them making the newer Gen first, because I too had a little fear that they could mess the game up a bit. From what I see though, I think I'm glad they made the remake over a new gen and I'm looking foward to it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I could've waited longer for a remake but now it doesn't matter. I am actually glad they are making the remake now instead of a new generation because Pokemon Platinum just recently came out which is another remake of DP and then they could just get this remake over with, and then maybe do the next generation afterwords.

jackowacko876

Pokemon Expert
    Years
    I definitely wanted remakes. But, I know two people who didn't. They said that Gold/Silver/Crystal were the best games ever made, and that no one could make them better, even if they kept them exactly the same with better graphics.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back