• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Did Blue's/Gary's Raticate Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012
    This might be a bit of a necro, but I just wanted to spill my opinions her.

Alot of people who dont believe in this theory, seem to go on about this being a kids game.... Well its a japanese kids game, and japanese culture differs alot from the culture in the west. What might be interesting here is to to read a direct translation of the original japanese-text.

Also the game does not tell you that you killed someone elses pokemon, so small kids would start crying over killing a fictional creature. But It might simply imply it too add some emotional depth to the story. After all this game is not exclusively made for kids, after all you have to be a certain age to understand what is required to play competetive, its an turn-based RPG after all. With many diffrent strategies and tactics.

While a such plot-element would seem too harsh for a game I played while I was 5 years old. It is as mentioned not told directly. yet at the same time Japanese-game producer are one of the most renowned in the world for their brilliant story-writing and game production. Ive never seen Gary have a Cubone, and he would need a Silph Scope aswell.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    This is a necro. Please don't post in threads over a month old. Read the rules, please.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back