• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Did Blue's/Gary's Raticate Die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    after you beat your rival in the SS. Anne His Ratata Will be a Raticate but when you battle him later in the Lavander town Pokemon tower The Raticate is no longer in his team and he'll ask you something like "have you ever seen your pokemon die" or something like that so did it die? or he just exchanged it with the other pokemon he said he captured

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Most likely yes, but we´ll never know. Of course, he could also just be deposited. There´s no telling.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    We have a creepypasta thread that details this. But nobody knows. Not even TPC.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Please stop spreading this rumor.

Blue simply released his Raticate in favor of fire/water/grass elementals to compliment his starter.

He was in Pokemon Tower looking for a Cubone, as it was implied in his dialogue.

That is all.

The End

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
    Yeah, there was already a thread on this a while back. My thought is he simply put it in the box. I don't think it was the intention of the creators of the game to make people believe that he had killed one of his pokemon. Don't really know how you would be able to kill a pokemon anyway

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years

Blue simply released his Raticate in favor of fire/water/grass elementals to compliment his starter.

He was in Pokemon Tower looking for a Cubone, as it was implied in his dialogue.

That is all.

The End
    It's a viable possibility that deserves some thought... sheesh. They implied multiple things in the games (including your theory and this topic itself) but none of them were necessarily confirmed or otherwise. This is what discussion is for, and until an authority on the games decides to debunk this rumour, it will never be "the end." /rant.

Personally, I would like to believe in this theory. We know that Pokémon can die; Lavender Tower as well as Mt. Pyre in Hoenn is proof of this. Raticate certainly wasn't exempt just because he belonged to a main character. In fact, his death would lend a lot of depth to Green's character as well as to the game itself since we would truly realize that Pokémon are living creatures and are just as vulnerable as us. After all, the concept of life can never be taken seriously without the presence of death.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    Ohh wow, I never even thought of this!!

I kind of hope its true, it adds an even scarier undertone to Lavender Town Tower and makes the game subliminally mature! Poor Raticate though :(

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    He realized Raticate sucks in generation I, so he put it in the box or released it. Or gave it too a poor man on the side of the road. But he realized he wanted ~stronger~ Pokemon.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    He ditched Raticate because, unlike Youngster Joey, Gary realized that even top percentage Rattatas and Raticates suck.

Considering the fact that in the early stages of the game, you're likely not using Earthquake or Hyper Beam to massacre his Pokemon, I really don't think it died as a result of a battle. But it might have been the victim of a heart attack/brain tumor/stabbing or something.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Stop talking about this. It's annoying- he wanted a Cubone. And the Cubone = Kangaskhan thing is a lie, too. Cubone can't learn Fly, Kangaskhan can.

I need a magical mod wand.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Kangaskhan can't learn Fly, except by evolving M.
    ...Could N be a reference to M?

Anyway, there's no way to know this for sure. I don't remember Blue saying he was looking for a Cubone, and even so, he might have been lying to hide his feelings from that no-good punk Red. I've never seen a Cubone on his team.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years

That is all.

The End

I was just asking a question i'm not really spreading a rumor

Years
    People stop saying that it's false when you haven't looked at both sides.
    Yes Gary could just have been looking for cubone or he could have been grieving for his lost pokemon. but think of this,
    Gary is oaks grandson no? who is it that you are trying to impress in the games? Oak.
    Who is it that tries so hard to get to the top? Gary. And what happens as soon as he's there? You beat him and strip him of his title.
    And finaly, who is there when you go into your house? your mom. Who is it when you go into Gary's house? Daisy.
    Think about it.

gary is an orphan, not only did you kill his pokemon you took away the love of his grandfather but you destroyed his dreams of becoming the pokemon master and earn himself some respect snd happiness in his small depressing life..

Also about the kangaskan thing, think about it.
    Cubone was suppose to evolve into kangaskan, but at the last moment nintendo removed it and added in marowak. But because it was so close to the due date they didn't have time to add in a prevo for kangaskan so they left a blank stop in his prevo.
    Think who evolves into kangaskan?
    MissingNo.

There i said it ¬.¬

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    When you get there doesnt he ask something like "What are you doing here [player]? None of your Pokemon have died" (though it has been a while I could be wrong about that). Doesnt that question somewhat suggest that a Pokemon of his, not necessarily the Raticate but one of his Pokemon, has died? Thats what I got out of it anyway.

Years
    When you get there doesnt he ask something like "What are you doing here [player]? None of your Pokemon have died" (though it has been a while I could be wrong about that). Doesnt that question somewhat suggest that a Pokemon of his, not necessarily the Raticate but one of his Pokemon, has died? Thats what I got out of it anyway.

Yeah, somethign to that extent. I don't believe there was any mention of cubone in his dialouge IIRC. Him being at Pokemon tower for that purpose seems a little less likely than the Raticate dying in that vien now doesn't it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back