• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did/Do you enjoy the Pokemon GBA games or the Pokemon DS games better?

Pokemon for GBA or for DS?

• Wuts GBA and DS?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

donkey96

ROM Mapper
Years
  • So the title pretty much explains it. Did you enjoy the Pokemon games that were presented on the GBA? Or did you more enjoy the DPP on the DS? By the way, I'm not talking about mystery dungeon.
    Spoiler:
    My Opinion:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    GBA by a landslide, Diamond and Pearl absolutely sucked, and HG/SS was horrible. I hated everything about it.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • GBA, because they had a shorter and far less boring storyline. Sinnoh drags on forever.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • to me its tied up. I really loved the GBA games and espicaly hoenn. The DS games (if your counting the spinoffs) Mystery Dungeon keeps me occupied, same thing with platinum.

Years
  • I like the GBA games better, mainly because they're a lot faster than the 4th generation games.
    DS games at double speed have about the same speed as GBA games at normal speed - at least that what it feels like to me.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • It's practically tied in my opinion. I really like Emerald and Platinum kept me from going to sleep early. The Mystery Dungeon spin-offs of both sides were fun to play and fresh for once.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I like the GBA games better, mainly because they're a lot faster than the 4th generation games.
    DS games at double speed have about the same speed as GBA games at normal speed - at least that what it feels like to me.
    This, I played Pearl for 30 minutes yesterday and was only able to get to the 2nd gym guy. While I played Crystal for the same amount of time and beat Pryce and got past Ice Path.

Years
  • Depends on how this is judged the Standalone games RSE vs DPPt & FRLG vs SSHG but either way the DS comes out on top.

I'm one of the many people who came from the GBC days and after the magic that was Silver & co the RSE entries kinda felt flat to me. They were ok but I had the same problems with them that most did (Uninspiring/double up Pokemon, removal of day/night cycle & too much water). So by the time Diamond & Pearl turned up I wasn't expecting too much. But it felt like a return to form to me and I was really enjoying my Pokemon again even with it's faults (namely the lack of Fire options.) & for the first time since Silver (which I caught 250 on) I started to catch for Pokedex again.

As for FRLG vs SSHG I'll say I loved FireRed Like a comfy pair of slippers and even so I just know it won't be able to compete once I get my hands on SoulSilver! It's the only game to make me feel like a 10 yo kid again.

Ayselipera

I prefer the GBA games so much more then the Ds games.

LG/FR and RSE were so much more enjoyable then DPPt. I have never been so disappointed in a game then I was in DPPt. In fact I hate DPPt so much that I may still like GBA games better even after I get HG/SS.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    GBA,its more original.The DS ones are OK i guess,but i prefer GBA

Years
  • i love ds rather than gba, ds has better graphics and especially moves appearance, i was really disappointed when i saw hyper beam in gba rom, it shoild be a ray, not multiple sphere. and wing attack is two cyclone laughed at enemy? ds made it much greater

tobi-ksla

Years
  • Hm... Let me enumerate the reasons why I like each generation. Maybe I can find my answer after that.

Why I love the GBA versions:
    1) Salon Maiden Anabel
    2) Better Secret Base System
    3) Salon Maiden Anabel
    4) Tougher Battle Frontier
    5) Salon Maiden Anabel
    6) Latios
    7) Salon Maiden Anabel
    8) You can get both Mirror Coat AND Counter on a Blastoise.
    9) How half of Hoenn was water. (Hated the Tentacool, but still loved the water.)
    10) Salon Maiden Anabel
    11) I first learned how to EV-train and breed Pokemon during this gen.

Why I love the DS versions:
    1) Way better graphics
    2) Epic Platinum
    3) Epicer HG/SS
    4) The Physical/Special Split. The moves make more sense now.
    5) Wi-Fi Capabilities

I've given 7 reasons why I love the GBA games (11 if you count how much I LOVE Salon Maiden Anabel) while I gave 5 reasons why I love the DS games. Ironically, I play Platinum more than Emerald nowadays. (Maybe because I've played with Emerald for 999:59+ game hours.)

Back