• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Did u play the glitch?

Did you use the glitch?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Once or twice

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    uhh...

:J
    once.

but i felt like using the masterballs to catch pokemon got old and boring. so i threw them all away but one :P.

also, i use the ghost hack to walk into the unknown zone when i get bored. but the i put it back

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
    No need to read the guide. Go here: https://glitchcity.info/misc/namegen2

Put the Pokemon you want in the drop down menus at the top and the levels you want them at and it generates names you could use to get that (The first letter doesnt matter, I always put N or A as the first letter, N because it's the start of my real name, A because it's the start of the Alphabet XD)

Sakurah

Pokemon Event Collector! <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    I did. :D
    I used the glitch to get inifity items, teehee.
    Because back in R/B you couldn't catch legendary PKMN with any other balls but Master Balls, since they always seem to dodge. x.x;

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah, I did use Missingno for whatever services he could offer. What? I was seven. I didn't know how cheap it was!

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    That thing looked awesome. Especially the Pixelated one. You should see the articles they have on Bulbapedia about all the R/B/Y glitches, there's like 20 of them.

Multiply item 129 TIMES!!! 129 TIMES!!1eleven

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I used the Cinabar Island glitch by accident on my first time playing Blue and I used the Mew glitch since I found out there was no legit way to get it in my Country

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    Yes I used the glitch but never really I dunno how to say this used the items, never bothered to put the item I wanted in my sixth slot. As far as the Mew glitch I didn't find out about it till wayyyyyyyyy after I had lost my Red and Blue.

Years
    Never did the Mew one, but I do the missingno. glitch on my Rare Candies every playthrough. I like all my Pokes to be the same level, and the jump between Koga/Sabrina and Blaine is pretty big.

Years
    Yes, I used it to clone TMs and PP Ups.

Rare Candying your guys in the first two generations is a bad idea, since you probably won't get anywhere close to max EVs.

kingkong

spriter/helping others with it
    Years
    glitching is not cheating its a wrong thing in the game that enables or disables things, using it is not the same as cheating
    cheating is using AR or R4 cheats to get 999 master balls or rare candy's
    its different
    but the answer of the question:
    no never used it and never cheated to, but i used other glitch i could learn my (lets say) fire pokemon gras and water moves, i was like WTF!!!!!!
    used that opportunity but every one is saying that i cheat, but i get their point, common fire pokemon with gras and water attack -_-

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    of course, that was part of the charm of the older games. and getting Mew without an event was pretty cool as well =P

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
    Years
    I used the glitch too. But in my opinion I did nothing wrong :p who wouldn't want to become strong and rich without doing anything, right? :)

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2009
    I always found Missingno too creepy to bother encountering all that much and the whole rare candy glitch thing just takes the fun out of the game for me.

Back