• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you catch Mespirit before or after the Pokemon League

What did you decide to do?

• Catch Mespirit Straight away

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Wait till after the Pokemon league

Votes: 33 66.0%

• Total voters

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    In Diamond Version, I caught Mesprit before the league, and it helped out a great amount. But in Platinum, I just went straight for the gold, and got 'Sprit afterward.

Psychic Nick

Ready to bend to my will?...
    Years
    I waited. Evil plan an all. Trick to snaging the runners is to go to an area with pokemon of a lower level than they, put one that can hold them (of equal or lesser level of corse) up front, run over the boarder of the area till till they come to you, Then use a repel.

I snaged all of the runners that way. Only ones that gave me any hassle were Entei and Raikou: They like to Roar at things.

ShadowForce_G

Endless learning...
    Years
    In Pearl, I caught it before the Elite Four. I thought it will usefull against the Elite Four, so, not much...
    In Platinum, I caught it after the Elite Four. When I want to catch all legendary there...

Years
    Before. I caught all the legendaries I could before taking on the pokemon league. Same when I played through Platinum (I have Diamond & Platinum).

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Ummm yeah...... about that......

I still haven't caught Mesprit on my Diamond or my Platinum........ XD

I've just been lazy about it, in fact all 5 of the fleeing legendaries are still flying around in my Platinum game.......... :P

In my Diamond I caught Cresselia, but to get Mesprit I ended up trading something on the gts for a jap one :D

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    I didn't think that it would be hard to catch Mesprit. Still haven't cought it >_> I'm too greedy to use a master ball and I don't have a pokemon that knows Mean Look. That's why I'm raising a Crobat. Creccelia also is a sneaky one that keeps escaping..

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    I caught it before. I can't leave anything unfinished, and I also wanted to leave the Pokemon League as sort of the climax of the game.

masterfun101

Bow down, noobs.
    Years
    master ball

MASTER BALL!!!!
    Yeah I know...but I had one high level (My Infernape...and Palkia) so I just chucked the master ball at it.

Congratulations! Mespirt was caught!

-.-

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    I caught it before the Pokemon League.....with a Quick Ball. A QUICK BALL! First try, too.....which is a good thing, 'cause I made a dumb mistake and used my Master Ball on Dialga. -_- *facepalm*

Poke'Girl

The up and coming
    Years
    after, my pokemon weren't strong enough to survive and wear down mespirit long enough for me to cath them "/

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    Before, but I gave mine to my friend, I didn't want it, I was new to pokemon, I didn't know what it was worth.:\

LMPVIII

Now accepting B/W battles
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    i didnt even think about catching it until i was champion

Icetricity

★Blue★Miracle★Light ★
    Years
    I caught it right away, stuffed it in the pc box where it would never see daylight again.

Back