• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you choose the male or female character?

Did you choose the male or female character?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2007
    Did you choose the male or female character as the person you are in Diamond/Pearl?

For me, I choose the guy just becuase I'm a male. Some people complain about the hat or other things. Explain your feelings!

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    I don't care, but I picked male, since that's my default choice and whatnot.

if the characters were customizable... you'd bet your bottom dollar mine would still be a male.

Elvir

Master Trainer
    Years
    Kind of sexist, but I chose female, and decided to see the perspective of a different gender in pokemon.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Kind of sexist, but I chose female, and decided to see the perspective of a different gender in pokemon.
    That doesn't have to do with being sexist. Why do you say that?

For me, I chose male because I'm male. Simple. I really don't care about the outfits, though some people complain about Diamond's. I hope customization is available in future games, though. And I mean something better than PBR.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    I chose the male for obvious reasons, I thought he looks kinda funny at first, now he makes me laugh with his scarf.

Though when Crystal came out I chose the girl simply because I could. :p

Siliva

Official Fanfic Writer
    Years
    Like most everyone, I chose which ever gender was their own. For me, male. But I got bored, started over, and chose the girl. I like to have the different experiences.

Harwinder

Pokemon Breeder - EV Trainer
    Years
    I chose boy simply because I am a boy. But I have to admit I DO NOT like how the boy looks like in the game, also I don't like how the rival looks like in the game. But the girl (Dawn) look OK since she IS in the anime.

Years
    I'm a girl, mainly because I am a girl, but also because I like her design a bit better.

I think I've only played as a guy once since I've had the choice to choose. It was kind of weird. But that's just me.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Female since I am one, and I'm sure that's what the developers intended most of their audiences to do: play as the character that matches their gender. But I know that others make the opposite selection for different reasons. My sister usually plays as a male character. My guess would be because she is a bit tomboyish.

Back