• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you completely finish HG/SS?

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
  • No, sadly I have not. I have not beaten Red yet and just never had the time. I challenged him once with my champion Vaporeon (My best stats pokemon) but failed as I did not know or did not research what lvl his pokemon were. I could have won if it was not for his pikachu..

Years
  • I defeated all of the gyms across both regions, but I remember having to stop playing for one reason or another (uni probably) and I never got back into it. So basically I never trained my Pokémon to high enough levels to defeat Red.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I beat red and did the Battle Frontier for a little bit then Pokemon Black was released. The rest is history.

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
  • I didn't fully complete it, got everything I wanted out of it though, several weeks of nostalgia, and access to a lot of very old friends. I never beat Red though, didn't have the motivation to grind to 80+ when I was in the high 40's. I got all the badges, and all the side quests done, just never got Red beaten or did anything with the BF.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2022
    Excluding the Battle Frontier, I completed SoulSilver.
    It took 346 days (with life being busy).

~Defeated main storyline, Red.
    ~Completed the Pokedex. Legitimately.
    ~Completed the PokeWalker.

Player: Z
    Time: 228:21
    Badges: 16
    Pokedex: 493

ShadowDawg812

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • i havent beaten red but im workin on making a team identical to his, so far i have everyone but i just need to advance their levels which may take a while -__-

Years
  • By the time B/W came out, I had 3 stars.
    But seeing as SS is my most complete game, I may eventually try to complete the Pokédex and get all the gold prints and a 100 win-streak in the Battle Tower.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I've beaten all the Gyms but not Red as of yet. Can't remember why, but I think after a certain point I needed to concentrated on uni work, so Pokemon fell by the wayside for about a year or so. When I beat the Elite Four in Black, I might end up going back to SoulSilver.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I'm completely completing the game tomorrow... woohoo, black trainer card :D (couple steps away from hatching my magikarp egg)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Nah, I never finished HGSS. I beat the E4, started going through Kanto... and then Pokémon kinda just fell out of my life for a little while and I never really got around to actually beating the game and idk if I'll even be able to inspire myself to find time to do it now if I really wanted to. :(

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    In SoulSilver, I completely beat it by beating all gyms, the elite four twice, the champion twice, and Red, but I havn't yet completely finish HeartGold yet.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    Attained all 16 badges, challenged the league twice and beaten Red. I haven't been motivated to complete the National Pokedex, since I have in Diamond, and so I feel there is no real reason to do the same again.

Years
  • I've done absolutely everything there's to do in Soulsilver. Every pkmn, every item, every battle, every trophy, every trade, every event... EVERYTHING. <3 proud of it.

Back