• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you cry at the end of Mystery Dungeon 2?

Where you all teary? :P

• Yes.

Votes: 69 53.9%
  • No.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • Err...

Votes: 25 19.5%

• Total voters

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    i did a little..It was sad how {Partner} lost {Player} after a loong time learning how he had TO DIE!...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I still cry now in my sleep...
    Poor treecko...
    leaving pikachu that way .... :(

SkyBlue

I'm in love...with Ash!
    Years
  • I was Pikachu, and I had a very cute little Treecko as a partner, then I left and I cried like heck for the poor Treecko.

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
    Years
  • Is it really that pathetic?

Some people cried at the end PMDEoT/D because they are more emotional or become more syncronized with thier game. If you are more synchronised with your hero character than you get more excited and more depressed when an event happens to you and your partner. Personally, i had a hero Torchic and a partner Chikorita, and i really felt in sync with my Torchic so when he disappeared i felt like Chikorita 'heart broken', so i too cried, not 'my husband/wife and children have been murdered', but a fair few tears.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I did cry. The storyline in this game really sucked me in, and I really felt it. For a game to make me cry is actually pretty rare. Only this and Mother 3 ever made me cry. Even though I know it's not real, to me, it's still sad.

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
  • Quite simply, yes. I always cry at least a little bit whenever I see that ending, even though I know he's gonna come back, that music just pushes me over the edge sometimes.

squirtle90

Guardian Of The Normal Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    i felt my self about too then i realised that i dont find most things sad and im not gonna cry over this

great game for a storyline to make you fell like that

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    I'll admit, i did get choked up, and didn't talk, for the fear that i might burst into tears... I was around people who hadn't witnessed what I did...

I guess I was sorta inured a little... The first time I ever cried at an anime/game was when i was really little, i'll admit to this, tho. it was when ash walked away from pikachu in the first series... after he saw pikachu content with others of his kind, he just let go and cried and went to leave...so...sad...

not anymore, but...

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Awww! Please don't make me cry again! I was literally crying at the part when I was disappearing! Then Mudkip (my partner) was sniffley and oh my god it was so sad! :'( Then Grovyle! When he was pushing himself and Dusknoir into the thingy I was crying! Then they showed different parts of when we had awesome times together... *sniffle* So so very sad!!!!

Back