• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever notice that..

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    ALMOST every single town is named after a plant or a tree?Same with the professors
    Oak,Ivy,Elm,Birch,Rowan.

O_o whats next,Palm?Lol.

Like Pallet,New Bark,LittleRoot,TwinLeaf.

O_o im too lazy to observe right now but ill investigate more

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Lol,(in elvis voice) thank you,thank you very much.
    Ive noticed that over the years.I wonder if the creator ran out of names lol

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    Pallet is a tree? o_o; I always thought it was called Pallet because of a palette of paint, since all the names of towns in Kanto are colors.

I think that it's kind of symbolic to have the starting town named after a plant, especially things like LittleRoot and New Bark. n_n;; It seems to signify a journey beginning and a kid branching out into the world. :3

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Actually, Kanto's towns and cities are named after colors:

Pallet Town: Named after the pallette used by painters/the pallette of different colors
    Viridian City: Means a deep emerald-hue
    Pewter City: A greyish color
    Cerulean City: Light Blue
    Vermillion City: A bright red-hue
    Celadon City: Yellow-green
    Fuschia City: Pink
    Saffron City: Golden yellow
    Cinnabar Island: Brownish red
    Lavender Town: Purple

See? However, every other region after that had atleast one town/city named after a tree/plant.

~Assassin~

Traitors to the Creed must die
    Years
  • Pallet is a tree? o_o; I always thought it was called Pallet because of a palette of paint, since all the names of towns in Kanto are colors.

I think that it's kind of symbolic to have the starting town named after a plant, especially things like LittleRoot and New Bark. n_n;; It seems to signify a journey beginning and a kid branching out into the world. :3

Pallet is not a tree but a pallet is a flat transport structure that supports goods in a stable fashion while being lifted by a forklift, pallet jackhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pallet_jack, front loaderhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loader_(equipment) or other jacking devicehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_(mechanical). (thank you wikipedia) I notice that when i start playing the Hoenn area games. Probably the makers like trees??? lol

Ayselipera

As other people have said before me "Pallet Town" is actually after an art pallet. It correlates with all the other cities and towns in the Kanto region which are named after colors.
    Also all of Johto's cities and towns are named after plants.

You're right about all the professors being named after plants though. I personally think that Prof. Willow would be a good name for any future professors.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Little things in Pokemon often have those themes just like the professor-trees thing, Kanto's colors, the starting city names, and the game titles. Misty-May-Dawn, etc.

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Lol.I didnt notice that about the paint.

Wow.U guys notice more things than i did lol

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I think that it's kind of symbolic to have the starting town named after a plant, especially things like LittleRoot and New Bark. n_n;; It seems to signify a journey beginning and a kid branching out into the world. :3

Wow...great quote there.

A lot of Johto's cities, in addition to resembling plants, resemble colors as well (Violet, Goldenrod, Cianwood, Mahogany and Blackthorn, if I remember correctly.)

But I've always noticed it about Kanto, especially after reading its headline ("A Stone Gray City") and then making the correlation to Fucshia, a shade of pink, and Lavender, a shade of purple. (I always thought Viridian was blue and Indigo was yellow...I was a very selectively intelligent kid :A)

Years
  • Good observation. All are named after nature, to be general. Except for the Ash and Brock...
    Ash is a type of tree as well. Brock is just rock with a 'B' stuck on it. Personally, I'd consider rocks part of nature, or at least part of natural scenery.

Back