• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever notice......

What do you think about the english version?

• I am in the middle but leaning towards agreeing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
Years
  • Did you ever notice that the pokemon tv show in english they have the worst voice actors and are so annoying you just want to use your bulbasaurs vine whip for something other then battling so tell me what you think there cause whenever i watch the english version of any japanese anime i just want to hang myself with a dam vine whip.

Fyre

When Angels and Serpents Dance
    Years
  • Well, I liked to watch the all of the seasons with only the 1st gen. and the 2nd. gen Pokemon...
    Then, things got really mental. I liked the coloring they used back in the good old days, and I think the artistry was better than it is now.
    I don't watch Poke'mon anymore. =[ They ruined it.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    What's wrong with their voices? They sound fine to me!

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure this should be in the Pokemon Anime forums, but whatever.

Anyways, yeah, Ash's voice has gotten terribly worse over the years, he sounds like he has gotten YOUNGER, he really needs to hit pubirty now, I don't mind Brock's voice, I think its the best voice they have, Dawn's is annoying, May's voice is okay.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • There's an entire forum dedicated to the Pokémon anime, right under Pokémon General actually. So it's off to there we go :3

-Moved-

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I agree, the Japanese voice actors are way better. With dubs (whatever language) I think it has something to do with matching the lip flap imparing their acting skills? It must be harder to say a line in a certain amout of time to saying it however you like

You mean American or British? I'm kind of confused here?

Er, have you posted in the wrong thread? XD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I agree, the Japanese voice actors are way better. With dubs (whatever language) I think it has something to do with matching the lip flap imparing their acting skills? It must be harder to say a line in a certain amout of time to saying it however you like
    Agreed on every part.

Jorah said:
    Er, have you posted in the wrong thread? XD

I see... :P

But to answer, the American dub is alright for me. Ash's voice sounds like the cross between Veronica Taylor and Rica Matsumoto.

The English dub has Ash sound rather bad. He's sounds like Veronica in the first episode, so I never want to see it again. Unless that was a fandub. Then I really sound dumb. But if it wasn't, then I mean no insult to English voice actors.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I really don't care, since I don't really wake up Saturday morning to watch it anymore, but, would it kill PUSA to hire professional VAs?

You mean a woman in acting school with some 4Kids VAs and people who fit the characters aren't professional enough. Anyway, maybe professional people aren't good to hire. People such as Tara Strong, I believe she's the person, uses the same voice for characters on different shows and she's a professional.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
  • I really dislike North American Pokemon, not only because of the subpar voice acting but also because of how they americanized it

guess which side is Japan and which was Americanized?

Years
  • I didn't mind 4Kids, as they kept the tone of the script, usually. PUSA, on the other hand, they totally threw out what the Rocket-Dan says vs. Team Rocket. At least, 4Kids maintained the gist of the Rockets, PUSA? Ugh.

Meowth's "Me t'ree, it's a ghost" line (Fear Factor Phony) really bugged me. Can you imagine Meowth saying that? I can't. Plus, PUSA James was or is far too verbose than he is, normally.

As for the other edits (paint, etc), most of them, I understood. Others, I didn't, but I'd rather have an edited version than none, at all.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I didn't mind 4Kids, as they kept the tone of the script, usually. PUSA, on the other hand, they totally threw out what the Rocket-Dan says vs. Team Rocket. At least, 4Kids maintained the gist of the Rockets, PUSA? Ugh.

Meowth's "Me t'ree, it's a ghost" line (Fear Factor Phony) really bugged me. Can you imagine Meowth saying that? I can't. Plus, PUSA James was or is far too verbose than he is, normally.

As for the other edits (paint, etc), most of them, I understood. Others, I didn't, but I'd rather have an edited version than none, at all.

PUSA is actually better than 4Kids in most cases though. I don't want to get into an argument, but I usually defend, er... always, defend PUSA. Imagine Eric Stuart with his Kaiba-sounding Brock doing any of the lines in the Chimecho episode. He made himself sound too foolish in Hoenn to do a serious scene like that. But he does a great Officer Trudge.

Remember, I don't want to start an argument, But I just couldn't let that slide with me.

Years
  • PUSA is actually better than 4Kids in most cases though. I don't want to get into an argument, but I usually defend, er... always, defend PUSA. Imagine Eric Stuart with his Kaiba-sounding Brock doing any of the lines in the Chimecho episode. He made himself sound too foolish in Hoenn to do a serious scene like that. But he does a great Officer Trudge.

Remember, I don't want to start an argument, But I just couldn't let that slide with me.

Well, I wasn't going to address the voices, but they are subjective to me -- you feel what you want about them. The voices don't bother me, or if they had, I'm long over it. My issues are on the character's voice in terms of writing and how they would verbalize on a given scene in their dialogue. And, yes, PUSA doesn't do time cutting (which 4Kids had done since late Johto) and doesn't overdo it with the paint edits.

So, they can do good things, but the script errors prevent me from embracing their dub, however.

Well, 4Kids also did a better job with the openings in terms of songs -- I miss them more than anything else.

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
  • The dubbing of the Pokémon themselves is the worst. They sound like dirty old men just growl to make their voices.

But I think that I've got too used to the voice acting to care how bad it is. I will say that I love James' voice, though. It's so flambouyant, that you can't help but love it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Well, I wasn't going to address the voices, but they are subjective to me -- you feel what you want about them. The voices don't bother me, or if they had, I'm long over it. My issues are on the character's voice in terms of writing and how they would verbalize on a given scene in their dialogue. And, yes, PUSA doesn't do time cutting (which 4Kids had done since late Johto) and doesn't overdo it with the paint edits.

So, they can do good things, but the script errors prevent me from embracing, however.

Well, 4Kids did a better job with the openings in terms of songs. I miss them more than anything else.

The openings don't bother me they're just things in the way to get to the actual episode. Ya know? Just like commercials.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I really dislike North American Pokemon, not only because of the subpar voice acting but also because of how they americanized it

guess which side is Japan and which was Americanized?

xD Yeah, I never understood the whole "omigori" thing. Why change it? What's wrong with saying "ricecake"??

I like the current voice actors because the characters sound older; what I don't like is how unemotional and dull they make the characters seem.

Back