• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you ever notice...

John-117

Jirachi lover
    Years
    I don't think.....I have been knowing it just the index finger, not a ball. Yes, it will throw out a ball if you are surfing, on a bike or for the reason the pokemon is not behind you. sometimes it is too big to be indoor. :p

StormerEcho

Battle Worthy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    It doesn't if you look closely he doesn't release the ball instead he does the animation or some weird point thing

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    They actually don't, if you look closely. If you put a ball capsule on your lead Pokémon, it won't activate. The backsprite of your trainer simply points in the same action as they do throwing a ball, but you never see one being thrown.

Fli

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    I did notice it and also that if you recall the lead pokemon they just kind of slide off the screen, not go into a ball. I think they did the whole point thing, because the designers/programmers didn't want to redo/ redraw a new sprite for your character from the back (basically they were lazy).

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    If the Pokemon is already following you, he doesn't throw the Pokeball, instead he points out basically saying "Go for it buddy", which I find it pretty sweet. More original than the other games IMO.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I like that, but yeah it seems a little awkward when he's "pointing out" the pokemon.

Years
    What else could they be doing? Skip two generations of progress and just have the trainer come back without animating? Or insert a custom animation that would probably end up looking just the same?

What they did is honestly the coolest choice in my opinion.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    It is jumping in without the ball unless you're surfing or riding a bike. Oh and when you're in a place the pokemon is not allowed to be outside.

That's been established.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I actually like it how he character seem to tell "Go pal!", is better than the throwing-the-pokeball-animation (i think).

Back