• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever think it would last this long?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I never really thought about how long Pokemon would last. Now that I think about it, 14 years, the main kid hasn't dropped...spheres... This show is becoming more like The Simpsons. Long lasting and frozen.

Thus, Pokemon is one of those dry ices of Entertainment. Its gonna take some damn time before the end.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Been a fan since the start and I never thought it was going to last this long and the best thing is its still going.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Ive always thought it would last for a very long time. Just like Scooby Doo. Thats a pretty old show. Its kind of dying out but its still alive in our hearts.

I think Pokemon can last as long as it wants. I will always be a big fan of Pokemon.

Technical

Professional Slowpoke • • »
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    I have been a fan since Pokemon Red, and haven't stopped. They are a great series, but I never imagined it would last this long. Personally, I thought it has been going down hill, but apparently I am wrong with some reviews of Pokemon. I just hope it will keep going, it's my childhood happiness that will stick to me forever xD.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I did. Lots of people including little kids enjoy pokemon and buy the merchandise, watch the shows, movies, etc and is keeping it alive. Im sure this will still last for a long time but care much about it though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    I´m more surprised of the fact that there aren´t still any 5th Generation Pokemon.

Pokemon will last years and years, is a machine of making money.

Years
    I've never really thought about it, but now that I am thinking about it, it's amazing. I can't believe how long the series has lasted. Although, I wonder how long it will last. Nothing good lasts forever, sadly.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    When I was little I thought it would last forever. Now that Pokemon has been around for so long and it's made such a niche in society (everyone recognizes Pikachu) I don't think it will ever completely go away. It will at the very least always be remembered.
    I have a feeling the games will continue very much like the Mario, Kirby and Sonic series. There will always be fans willing to follow it.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    When I was little I thought it would last forever. Now that Pokemon has been around for so long and it's made such a niche in society (everyone recognizes Pikachu) I don't think it will ever completely go away. It will at the very least always be remembered.
    I have a feeling the games will continue very much like the Mario, Kirby and Sonic series. There will always be fans willing to follow it.

I thought the fan base would be smaller in 2000 and in 2003. Again, I am surprised about the resilence of the franchise. I thought Misty leaving would make the anime pointless, and I thought the Johto league filler would kill it. Pokémon is immortal; it is like Vampire Lord; it cannot die.

Idiomorph

Pokémon Geneticist
    Years
    Pokemon has always seemed like an eternal, undying behemoth to me. I hope the success doesn't lull the developers into a state of perpetual template-recycling, though; there's so much that could be done with the series. (quantitative intraspecific graphical variation!!)

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    When I first came to the PokéCommunity in 2004, I realised how big the fan base was and I knew it would last a lot longer. Before that, I didn't really care.

B_B

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    i think it's gonna last quite long , after all pokemon is a money bag for nintendo ;)

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    Its crazy that it has come such a long way. I remember getting Blue when i was 5 11 years ago for my birthday.

I remember few things from my childhood but pokemon was in fact a big part, as it was and still is one of my favorite video game series ever

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    I was surprised after gen II that there would be another region. Then after R/S I was sure it was over because they deleted Pokemon from the Pokedex. But after Emerald I was like. "Nah, this is here to stay."

Back