• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you really beat the E4

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I didn't want to use legendaries, as I have been for the past years. My team was:

Empoleon
    Luxray
    Houndoom
    Togekiss
    Roserade
    Gallade

It was fairly easy too:
    Houndoom/Togekiss >> Aaron
    Roserade/Empoleon >> Bertha
    Empoleon/Togekiss >> Flint
    All >> Lucian and Cynthia

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I suppose not. At the veeery beginning of the game (as soon as I could trade), I sent over a Cherubi egg and a Nosepass egg. So technically I traded Pokémon in. But I don't really count that since it's not that hard to obtain both of those Pokémon fairly early in the game anyway.

Otherwise, I didn't use any help. I... might have brought Giratina with me while I fought the E4 but I honestly can't remember if I did or not, now. o_O; If I did, I never used it. Too low a level.

It still took me like 8 tries to beat the E4 thought. ;_;'

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I haven't exactly beaten the Elite Four in Pokémon Platinum yet, but I plan to beat it without ubers or legendaries. I won't be trading over any pokémon either, so I guess I'll give myself a pat on the back. o-o

I usually don't ever beat the Elite Four with legendaries either. I like to use normal pokémon rather than legends, but sometimes I'll use ubers. I don't really see the difference in it when I have a weak team so...

Though if I don't train to a good enough level for the Elite Four, I might have a hard time completing it as the Elite Four has gotten tougher.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    I guess not as I had Giratina as a buffer. To be Aaron I mostly used my Flareon except on Heracross where I used Staraptor and a fly attack. Bertha is where I had the most trouble. I started off with Pachirisu and used superfang and then I sent in staraptor with a fly attack, simply because normally (the last few attempts) using that fly made her change to Golem lol. Anyways, most of her pokemon were beat by my Floatzel using water pulse until it fainted then I used Empoleon and Surf. Flint was easy again, just stuck with Floatzel and Empoleon. Lucian was easy, no problem there, could handle it with mostly my Pachirisu just super fanging twice then a thunderbolt. Cynthia was the hardest, Spiritomb I ended up getting low with Pachirisu and then she fainted so I Changed for floatzel and used water pulse to kill the Spiritomb. Roserade I took care of with my Flareon. Togekiss was gone with my revived Pachirisu. Lucario took a couple of revives, first tried to kill it with Pachirisu then I remembered the weakness of Lucario so I sent out my Floatzel and just kept using Rock Smash, unless my health was low then I'd use a full restore. Garchomp was the hardest of them for me. By this time the only pokemon I had left (unfainted) were my Floatzel and Giratina. So for about 15 times in a row I had to keep using full restore on my floatzel until finally the Garchomp used Flamethrower it's about now I realise water pulse has no PP so I had to keep using aqua jet which wasn't as strong. So everytime Garchomp would use Flamethrower or Giga Impact, I'd attack and if it used Earthquake or Dragon Rush a full restore was in order. I kept using Giratina as time to revive pokemon and kept at it, cos my Floatzel would faint every now and then. I eventually beat Garchomp with Floatzel's Aqua Jet, took twice as long as it should of as Cynthia used a Full Restore :p. Anyways lastly for Milotic, I knew it was best to revive Pachirisu, by now I had revived Giratina, Empoleon, Floatzel and Staraptor so I revived pachirisu then made her full health and went for the kill, had to revive pachi a few more times as well mostly using the giratina buffer. So basically no I didn't beat them fairly apparently :p.

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
    why are traded pokemon consedired cheating? and fair, is when your pokemon is higher than thiers. anyway's onto the team thing

Mightyena
    Honchkrow
    Absol
    houndoom
    Spritomb
    Lucario ( for confuseing reasons)

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    yes but i grinded for like 10 hours lol, got all of my pokemon to 67 before challenging the e4.

*pats self on back"

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I did trade Pokémon in but that was right at the beginning of the game after they'd hatched o.o I trained them up in-game.

My final team was:
    • Infernape
    • Froslass
    • Gastrodon
    • Pikachu
    • Leafeon
    • Honchkrow

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'll keep it short this time. No, I didn't. My team would be dead without my Another forme Giratina.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Yup, was pretty easy with my Pt scenario team.
    And a lot of healing items. Lots and lots of it.

I really shouldn't have attempted the E4 with a team which had an average level of 51.

Last edited:
    Years
    I owned it before I even battled the champion. :/

Alakazam
    Infernape
    Gengar
    Magmortar
    Yanmega
    Staraptor

THATS RIGHT XD LAST POKEMON WAS STARAPTOR :) They were all level 60-70

Last edited:

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    My team was: Infernape, Luxray, Staraptor, Tentacruel,LickyLicky,Bibarel(took out Berthas entire team :))

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Giratina is very useful or the E4. High Defense+Awesome Attacks= WIN.
    Also, the three lake pokemon are terrible against the E4, for future reference.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    haha yeah i'm probably not going to "really" beat the E4. I'll definitely use traded pokes.

Back