• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you stop buying pokemon games at any point?

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Just curious. Did the pokemon games get so far ahead of you, or so unaffordable or time consuming that you've given up buying them? I think gen IV is my final generation. Not sure if I'm going to play black or white. I'll probably just stick with older generations. I guess I just don't play the games enough any more to keep up. I'm still not even half-way through Pearl yet and they're talking about a fifth generation.

Maybe I'm just getting old lol. How about you? Keeping up or winding down?

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
    1st Reply = Win.

Haha yeah even though it is lowering I still have a high chance of getting all the main Pokemon games, ones on the wii or Ranger, not at all.

But no matter what if they have a Gen III remake I'll buy it no questions asked.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    well... i never got R/B/Y because i started with silver. I never bought platinum because there was about a year there where I just thought i was getting to old for pokemon. then i got back into it, finished my old diamond, and now after heart gold i'm going to buy platinum... but i'v never skipped a gen besides the very first.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Yes. I skipped out all of the Hoenn games after the disappointment of FR/LG (there's no point remaking something and doing it exactly the same!) and only picked up again with Diamond. Then I went back and played Emerald, and cursed myself that I had missed it first time around. :>

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I think that generation 4 might be my last one ever but then again it seemed that way with generation 2 back in 2003. I skipped all of the Advanced Generation games and returned for the video games only (I don't think I will EVER follow the TV series again) for generation 4.

Blackhebrew2

Epic Banana Ninja!
    Years
    Yes. I skipped out all of the Hoenn games after the disappointment of FR/LG (there's no point remaking something and doing it exactly the same!) and only picked up again with Diamond. Then I went back and played Emerald, and cursed myself that I had missed it first time around. :>

There is a point if you were too young to play the first games or didn't get into pokemon until later. (Me.) I enjoyed LeafGreen very much as it was my first pokemon game. I watched the anime when I was like seven (I had only two channels,there was nothing else on) Im playing through it again,although it was with the intention of importing the bird trio and mewtwo.

I didn't buy Platinum or HG/SS although I will next time I go to a store.

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
    Why would you stop buying them at any point? Who cares about money? Haha! I try to buy at least one game from any generation.

:3 Gah I can't find Yellow at any garage sales or storess :(

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I stopped buying them starting at 3rd gen that's why I don't know as much about that gen. I just got into Sonic games and spent my money on that. But at 4th gen I started buing again

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    Well, I haven't stopped, it's the price which is the matter.

I have played Gen 3, 4 and SS.

I have tried the R/B/Y games before, but, no one be angry, didn't really like them.

I suppose that's what you get for starting on a Gen 4 game.

~LC!

Insane85

Bored
    Years
    I sorta stopped buying them for a bit, but I decided to pick 'em back up after SS came out (the one I got before that was Diamond as soon as it was released), and plan to keep buying them :D

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    I sorta stopped buying them for a bit, but I decided to pick 'em back up after SS came out (the one I got before that was Diamond as soon as it was released), and plan to keep buying them :D

Me too. I heard from an Australian show called Good Game Spawn Point that Pokémon Black and White might be released around Christmas time.

I'm quite excited.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I *barely* had the cash for a used GBC and Pokemon Red/Yellow. So. Yeah. That's when I stopped buying them. ;) Too rich for my blood.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I still buy all the main games (well, one of each set anyway) plus a fair few of the spinoffs. I used to get every game, spinoff or no, but I haven't gotten any of the console games since N64 and I don't buy all the spinoffs anymore--just... most of them.

Years
    No i still do, i dont play them though. i find it easier to buy the game and back it up to play on my R4. then i usually just give the game to one of my friends :P

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i had to stop buying them after the 3rd gen. i did get diamond awhile after it was released. i had to stop buying them because i didnt have a ds and i didnt have any money.

Schwer-Muta

[RKS009 Neun]
    Years
    I skipped R/S/E, but got Fire Red since I had no idea where my Gen 1 games went. Then I resumed getting Pokemon games since D/P came out. As for B/W, I'm just going to wait for the obligatory third game.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Not really. I stopped buying the cards at a certain point, but never the games.

Back