• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use Ampharos or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayselipera

I really don't want to get it because I used it a few months ago in Platinum. I know that sounds like a long time ago, but it just isn't enough time for me. Who knows what I'll do though. The only pokemon I'm sure of getting is Chikorita at this point.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • I've always gotten Ampharos. He is very good for HMs and he is an overall useful and effective Electric type. My team in Johto is always like this;

Fire(Usually the first three are the three starters, which I get through cheating or trade)

Water

Grass

Electric(Ampharos)

Normal(Togepi, then Togetic)

Ghost/Rock/Psychic(I think for HGSS I will get Rotom. I really want one)

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Yes, I have an Ampharos in my team.

In the original gold, I used a Magneton. So I decided to switch. I plan to have several of each type to keep it fresh.

Years
  • I have noticed many people using Ampharos in their teams as well.

I never used one in G/S/C, but I want to get one in SS. So yes, I will be using Ampharos.

Ru

|| Unforgettable Promise ||
    Years
  • I'll prolly be using Ampharos in my SS game when I get it. If it wasn't for the fact that I'll be getting Feraligatr for my water, I would prolly have Lanturn instead. Buuut, I'm getting Totodile, and I don't really feel like having a Raichu, so Ampharos it is.

Plus, I want to try to stick with the same team that I had for Silver. Or at least 4/6 of the team (Feraligatr, Ampharos, Espeon, and Bellossom. Last two will be a Fire [either Magmar or Houndoom. Prolly have Magmar until I can get Houndoom] one and a Pokemon I'll be switching around until I'm happy with it.)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I have one in my HG right now and it is thanks to it I've caught most of the legendaries (Parahax) and I won't use one on SS when i get it I'll use lanturn or PCP(after i clone it).

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • Yes, I'll use one, since Ampharos is one of my favorite Pokemon anyway. ^^ I like having an electric type in my teams and Ampharos is my favorite of electric types, so I simply have to have it since this is the region you can originally catch them. I don't remember if I used it in my Silver though, all I remember is that I had Raichu in my Crystal.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • By the way. One of the reasons why I started to like Ampharos is it's improved sprite ^^
    I mean like.. look for yourself. It became simply gorgeous.

Did you use Ampharos or no?
    >>>
    Did you use Ampharos or no?

<3

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Apparently yes, OR I will do my usual way of choosing Totodile, Pidgeot/Fearow, and Sudowoodo.
    Ampharos was a really good one in GSC, I still remember my friend losing to a Geodude (Geo-dude?) because he had all Electric attacks on it in silver.. hahaha...

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I have one aswell, mainly cus I just love it anpherose is one of my fave pokes, but I would rather have electavire, but for nostalgia ampherose is king for me.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    no, i will be using a psychic or ghost pokemon with an electric move, just as in DPPt. I just don't find ampharos to be a particularly useful pokemon, I used to always have ampharos in GSC though.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Yes I do use it.

I try to use Johto Pokemons (including Pokemons which received babies/evolutions in the 2nd gen, or Pokemons of the 2nd gen which later received new evos/pre-evos) every time I play, to revive the Johto "atmosphere".
    And that's one of my favorite Johto Pokemons.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2010
    In the original games, my favorite combo was Ampharos and Typhlosion. Both could use Thunder Punch and Fire Punch. Made for a great combo. I'm definitely going to do the same again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back