• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you want David Cameron to be prime minister?

Yes or No?

• Total voters

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • Not after the crap that's been going on with University funding and EMA recently. Any change at all would be welcome. Shame it's too late now, though.

And at the time? Still nope. I was voting Labour.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Absolutely not. Although I think the top 3 parties are near enough the same; they're all pretty corrupt, and most of the the members seem to be involved in politics simply so they can line their own pockets. I'd much rather see an entirely new party gain popularity; but I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon, so I'm a Labour supporter. I used to support the Lib Dems, but I've lost hope in them for as long as Clegg is their leader.

Anyone who supports the Tories is either middle/upper class, or ill-informed.

Years
  • Pretty much exactly what Razor Leaf said, i hate what he's done with the education system. I can barely keep up with college work as it is, how am i suppose to carry on if he expects everyone to suddenly get a job too?
    Not to mention the rise in university fee's, take a swing at the people who can barely afford in the first place why don't you?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Personally, I don't care. A reasonably bad thing to say, but we are in a bad situation in terms of a hazy future in terms of the economy, so cuts needed to be made somewhere. Perhaps wasn't the right choice (especially when now we've increased foreign aid despite needing to help ourselves more), but could have been worse. To be honest, any leader makes bad choices (Thatcher with the mining situation, Brown in general, Blair with the wars...), so... Yeah, I don't really care too much, as any leader does bad or good things. He was dealt a bad hand, so he had to make do with what he's got.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    cuts needed to be made somewhere. Perhaps wasn't the right choice (especially when now we've increased foreign aid despite needing to help ourselves more)

You pretty much refuted your own point there. Cuts to education wasn't just a bad choice, it was a terrible decision. There are so much more places to make cuts that aren't nearly as important. Given the terrible economy we have, one thing we really do need is lots of well educated individuals, but now so many won't be able to afford it; all that is going to do is make our unemployment rate even higher.

Cameron's basically proved that the Conservatives of the 21st century are barely any different from the Thatcherites of the 80s. Once again the only people they care about are those who are already rich.

Maybe they could have spared the education system instead of funding involvement in Libya.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    You pretty much refuted your own point there. Cuts to education wasn't just a bad choice, it was a terrible decision. There are so much more places to make cuts that aren't nearly as important. Given the terrible economy we have, one thing we really do need is lots of well educated individuals, but now so many won't be able to afford it; all that is going to do is make our unemployment rate even higher.

Cameron's basically proved that the Conservatives of the 21st century are barely any different from the Thatcherites of the 80s. Once again the only people they care about are those who are already rich.

Maybe they could have spared the education system instead of funding involvement in Libya.

By perhaps, I'm saying that to some, it was the right choice, to others, it wasn't. Cuts were needed, so he made them on some areas like education. Which is controversial, with some saying that it's the worst, others saying that it could actually have been worse.

Yet I do agree with things you say. It would result in more unemployment and I definitely agree that the funding in Libya is a bad decision in our situation, considering how it could end up.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    apparently this belongs in other chat, so i'm moving it there...

Back