• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Different Idea

Sirfetch’d

I was thinking today and thought that after 5 generations and 649 pokemon that things were getting a little cluttered and crazy. So the idea came into my head that maybe instead of making a new generation of pokemon go back to Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn and make the game take place about 20-30 years after the original. The hero could be the child of Red, Gold, or Brendan and the story could be based on the revival of Team Rocket by Silver for the Johto or Kanto based games. Team Aqua and Team Magma could have merged over the years to become Team Ozone and attempt to control Raquaza realizing he is who they needed to control in the first place for the Hoenn games. Gary Oak could be the new professor for Kanto, Elm could still be in Johto, and May could have taken her fathers place in Hoenn. Of course some gym leaders would be retired if not all of them. Most things would be different so it will not be a remake but not quite a sequel. I like this idea and just wanted to spread it and see what others thought. Also it would all take place on the 3DS.

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
    Years
  • I like this idea. It sounds very interesting. I don't really know how to explain, so I'll just leave it at this: it sounds, epic.

TeeheeLP

Programmer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    Aren't they already doing something like that with Black and White 2?

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Aren't they already doing something like that with Black and White 2?

Not like, almost EXACTLY. This thread seems kinda redundant for that very reason...

Team Magma and Aqua Fusing should be called Obsidian...because Obsidian sounds cooler...just say it out loud.

Sirfetch’d

Not like, almost EXACTLY. This thread seems kinda redundant for that very reason...

Team Magma and Aqua Fusing should be called Obsidian...because Obsidian sounds cooler...just say it out loud.

Black and White 2 are direct sequels, they don't take place 20-30 years later not much has had time to change. So they are not like what I am suggesting.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I expected to read your post and see 'what if they had all 5 regions in one gaem1!11' thank god it wasn't the case.

Your idea is quite good, actually. It would be nice to see what the regions looked like 20 years after the previous events.

Sirfetch’d

I expected to read your post and see 'what if they had all 5 regions in one gaem1!11' thank god it wasn't the case.

Your idea is quite good, actually. It would be nice to see what the regions looked like 20 years after the previous events.

I am not for all 5 regions in one. That would be WAY too much!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Wow, this idea is totally brilliant! :D I like the concept of the player character being the kid of the original protagonists and it could be more interesting if the original protagonists could be battleable.

Sirfetch’d

Wow, this idea is totally brilliant! :D I like the concept of the player character being the kid of the original protagonists and it could be more interesting if the original protagonists could be battleable.

I thought they could still be the champion!

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    That sounds good. I could actually see Team Magma and Aqua merging to set their hands onto Rayquaza.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I like the concept, but I would prefer completely new regions and new pokemon above this concept. If anything this could replace remakes, but I don't want them to replace the new games. A few years changes is alright, but 20-30 years would be far more interesting to see then what Black 2 and White 2 did. For instance in BW2 we saw how Route 4 was built up in the few year span. So imagine a few decades of what would happen within the region.

Sirfetch’d

I like the concept, but I would prefer completely new regions and new pokemon above this concept. If anything this could replace remakes, but I don't want them to replace the new games. A few years changes is alright, but 20-30 years would be far more interesting to see then what Black 2 and White 2 did. For instance in BW2 we saw how Route 4 was built up in the few year span. So imagine a few decades of what would happen within the region.

I completely understand what you are saying.I too love new pokemon and new adventures. I am just suggesting that maybe have one or two of these games before a new generation is released. That will give GF more time to come up with more creative pokemon and implement new ideas and game mechanics on the later generations.

Years
  • I actually REALLY like that idea.. everybody's been asking for a Hoenn remake, but this idea is a lot better! It's such a great concept, makes me wish it were real. I mean after 20-30 years a lot would change, the areas, the gym leader, elite 4. And to those asking for new pokemon, In a span of 20-30 years there's bound to be some new pokemon discovered.

I would definitely buy this game were it real.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Um, I'd rather my character be the child of one of the female protagonists. They were more awesome.

Otherwise, it's an interesting idea, though I can't see Aqua and Magma combining since they were at each other's throats in the originals. I'm hoping that the old regions have added more urban areas over the years, personally.

Sirfetch’d

Um, I'd rather my character be the child of one of the female protagonists. They were more awesome.

Otherwise, it's an interesting idea, though I can't see Aqua and Magma combining since they were at each other's throats in the originals. I'm hoping that the old regions have added more urban areas over the years, personally.

I suppose they could be the child of the female protagonist if you are female. I was just looking at it from the point of view I played it in.

Years
  • Team Magma and Aqua Fusing should be called Obsidian...because Obsidian sounds cooler...just say it out loud.

I don't see how Team Magma and Team Aqua could merge to be the environmental activists against the misuse of volcanic glass. Team Ozone seems to follow logic much more.

Although I would like to see a group of bikers calling themselves Team Obsidian taking over the glass flute production in Hoenn.

Sirfetch’d

I don't see how Team Magma and Team Aqua could merge to be the environmental activists against the misuse of volcanic glass. Team Ozone seems to follow logic much more.

Although I would like to see a group of bikers calling themselves Team Obsidian taking over the glass flute production in Hoenn.

Agree. Team Ozone is the best name I could think of. There could be some better though but not Obsidian, at least not for this game.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285643

Ive been contemplating this stuff for a long time now.

Seeing others come up with similar ideas makes it look more likely for gamefreak to figure this out themselves... if they don't already have plans in motion xD.

Basically I just think its inevitable that remakes will get old and the nostalgia milking will have to be replaced by some more interesting concept.... BW2 was the thing that confirmed that the concept of actual sequels is an option they can take.

Back