• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Different tm bag display

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    I was just wondering if anyone knew about an existing option for the tm pocket screen where it can pull up your party and show the Pokémon and their compatibility with the tm from the pocket instead of you having to choose to teach a Pokémon a move and then it going into the party? I don't know too much about editing the screens.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2019
    Party and Bag are entirely different scenes... meaning they're coded and defined independently of each other. The current interaction opens up another scene entirely.

So, while adding it would likely not be the most difficult thing in the world (likely a matter of reusing the needed elements from the party code in the bag scene), I at least doubt this is a pre-existing option

Did you know that you can you can use items from the party screen on a Pokemon... and the TM slot will only show the compatible TMs? Just an an FYI, in case you feel as though this is a sufficient enough way to make things more convenient like you seem to want

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Party and Bag are entirely different scenes... meaning they're coded and defined independently of each other. The current interaction opens up another scene entirely.

So, while adding it would likely not be the most difficult thing in the world (likely a matter of reusing the needed elements from the party code in the bag scene), I at least doubt this is a pre-existing option
    yeah I didn't think so, I just wanted to make sure.

Did you know that you can you can use items from the party screen on a Pokemon... and the TM slot will only show the compatible TMs? Just an an FYI, in case you feel as though this is a sufficient enough way to make things more convenient like you seem to want

and no I didn't realize that actually! I guess with that in there I dont feel the need to have the extra option. that's basically what I wanted anyway! now I feel stupid, but thank you for answering my question! haha

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    Last edited:
    Years
    Like USUM? lol Will be a little hard work but this is possible.

Zeak6464 founds the TM Case without CDs:
    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/511661310958632971/548585493646802964/TM_Case.png

Now, we need to find the CD sprites to put inside it.

check mej17's gen 6 megathread for the type based tms script

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314567

at any rate it is possible to display your team and you don't have to bring it up like USUM. the code needed for that would be simple calls

@pokemon.icon, @pokemon.hpmax etc. so you can copy a lot of the code from the summary screen into the section that reveals tms in your bag

you would also have to edit your bag bgs specifically the screen. Since you're using a single screen it may be more efficient to display the icons without their HP bars. You'll also have to have the tm info pop up which can cram the screen unnecessarily. Since pop ups are a thing, you will have to create a new method possibly pbTmCompatiblityScreen and all of the relevant controls to bring the compatibility chart up to make it make sense with the rest of the bag ui (sort like how the screen to select a move to overwrite)

at any rate, here is my idea of using the default bag ui (any other custom bag uis need be variations on this theme):

Different tm bag display

there are to possible options: a check or x mark OR "comaptible/incompatible" notice how far the icons were pushed becuase even in Power Green Narrow at 8 font I could barely fit them in at the proper resolution!

the check or x icon would be better. It would be a simple overlay or imagepos.push().

It's possible and good luck!

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    check mej17's gen 6 megathread for the type based tms script

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314567

at any rate it is possible to display your team and you don't have to bring it up like USUM. the code needed for that would be simple calls

@pokemon.icon, @pokemon.hpmax etc. so you can copy a lot of the code from the summary screen into the section that reveals tms in your bag

you would also have to edit your bag bgs specifically the screen. Since you're using a single screen it may be more efficient to display the icons without their HP bars. You'll also have to have the tm info pop up which can cram the screen unnecessarily. Since pop ups are a thing, you will have to create a new method possibly pbTmCompatiblityScreen and all of the relevant controls to bring the compatibility chart up to make it make sense with the rest of the bag ui (sort like how the screen to select a move to overwrite)

at any rate, here is my idea of using the default bag ui (any other custom bag uis need be variations on this theme):

Different tm bag display

there are to possible options: a check or x mark OR "comaptible/incompatible" notice how far the icons were pushed becuase even in Power Green Narrow at 8 font I could barely fit them in at the proper resolution!

the check or x icon would be better. It would be a simple overlay or imagepos.push().

It's possible and good luck!

About TM Case, im looking for sprites not scripts. Also, im searchin to image like:
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kgqVAT05CI4/hqdefault.jpg
    But with more quality and to every CD. Will be easy to script that.

About bag screen, its more easy to see how PartyScreen works instead SummaryScreen.

Also, good luck!

Years
    About TM Case, im looking for sprites not scripts. Also, im searchin to image like:
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kgqVAT05CI4/hqdefault.jpg
    But with more quality and to every CD. Will be easy to script that.

About bag screen, its more easy to see how PartyScreen works instead SummaryScreen.

Also, good luck!

mej71 has a link for the tm sprites/color

then you would take zeak's tm case and photoshop each cd color on it

Back